Department: Software Development – Corporate
About the Position:
The Junior Software Developer is an integral member of the newly created, small, fast-paced software development team who provide creative web-based solutions to enhance our business processes for our management team. Working closely with the Senior Software Developer, the Junior Software Developer will be involved in designing, developing, documenting and maintaining high-quality, complex, reliable applications using a web interface.
The Junior Software Developer is a quick learner who strives to provide to the best of their abilities to our management’s needs in an efficient and effective manner. This entry level individual is proactive and possesses a broad knowledge of modern web technologies, and has a passion for creating scalable and innovative web-based applications for the television/3D Animation industry.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Developing and maintaining custom web-based applications for our corporate needs
- Inventing, analyzing, optimizing algorithms or data structures to improve our existing systems.
- Helping to define the user model and user interface for new and existing production tools.
- Assisting in testing and providing quality assurance for the software.
Qualifications and experience:
- B.Sc in Computing Science or equivalent experience.
- Solid foundation with software development methodologies, data structures, client/server paradigm and object-oriented paradigms.
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of relational database design. Experience with MySQL is preferred.
- Solid background in mathematics.
- Must be able to write clean and maintainable code.
- Ability to take direction well and execute on a project with limited supervision.
- Excellent critical-thinking and problem solving skills
- Quick learner with excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills.
The following skills are not essential but, would be a great asset:
- Experience of MVC development framework
- Experience with UML
- User Interface Design experience
- Understanding of Agile development process such as Scrum
- Understanding of web services such as REST
- Knowledge of Java
In keeping with our focus on attracting and retaining great people Nerd Corps’ goal is to produce high calibre creatively diverse projects in a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes growth and camaraderie. The greatest asset of any company is its people and at Nerd Corps this philosophy forms the cornerstone of our vision for the future.
Located in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Nerd Corps offers its employees the opportunity to experience the diversity and culture of one of the world’s most vibrant cities. The studio is situated within a 30 minute drive of three ski hills, several pristine beaches and countless hiking and mountain biking trails with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the coastal mountain ranges.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit:
itrecruiting @ nerdcorps.com
(Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.)
We would like to convey our sincere thanks to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.