WANTED: Contracts Administrator
Department: Legal and Business Affairs
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: 50 - 60k per annum, with excellent benefits
About the position:
The Contracts Administrator works under the Supervision of Nerd Corps’ General Counsel. They review and administer standard and non-standard contracts, including broadcast licenses and production finance documents. Validate all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Nerd Corps Business Practices and Processes, anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contracts are processed efficiently. They prepare contract status reports. They pride themselves on being sharp, intuitive and detail oriented.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Coordinating assigned project documents, facility agreements and funding applications as required.
- Follow-up on execution of agreements, management of incoming proposals, amendments and final close out of contracts.
- Administrative oversight of an extensive licensing and merchandising program.
- Communicate contract obligations to all parties involved, and providing regular reports on contract performance.
- Collecting data, updating and maintaining a database of significant contract events and requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining centralised filing system and record keeping related to all contracts, including tracking reporting obligations; maintenance of correspondence files and bringing forward outstanding correspondence.
- Must be familiar with the contract document - terms and conditions, scope of services, all expected deliverables, significant dates (particularly the contract termination date) and payment terms.
- Ensure all company processes and procedures are followed through to Contract completion.
- Work with the senior management team to ensure effective management of all contracts.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Contracts Administration of similar Senior Administration position.
- A background in contract/legal or financial administration will be an asset, particularly any experience with license agreements and/or royalty reporting.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite*(Outlook, Excel and MSWord).
- Experience with rights management systems and/or Sales Force an asset.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or a relevant diploma program.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Effective time management, prioritizing of tasks and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail are all required skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle competing demands and is proactive.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Works well in a team environment but can also work independently with minimal oversight.
Nerd Corps is one of the largest animation studios in Canada boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. But we’re more than just an animation studio. We build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, including IP creation and development, animation production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development. We’re a rarity in the industry, and are looking for the best talent to join our team!
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit:
(Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.)
Note: Successful applicants must be a Canadian citizen or possess landed immigrant status and be willing to work at Nerd Corps Studio in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
We would like to convey our sincere thanks to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.