Neptune Technology Group Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work despite few opportunities for advancement
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Human Resources28 February 2017
I had the opportunity to work at Neptune Technology Group out of their Canada operations in Mississauga, ON.

This is a much smaller operation with a very different business model as compared to their U.S. counterpart (and owners). Despite being a smaller operation, I was with them during a significant period of growth. I was surprised at the attention paid to monitoring employee aptitudes and recognizing those that needed to be developed for succession planning in the future.

The company takes great pride in their employees and intend to operate as a "well-oiled" machine. They recognize hard work and talent and have no issue with a salary to match.

The benefits program is the best I've ever seen. Non-contribution from the employees, and the coverage is top-dollar from what you could get anywhere else.

While the culture is good, I should point out that depending on certain areas of the company, mainly call-centre and administrative roles, the pay and career progression is lacking. You really need to stand out as a star to be recognized for career advancement. This has nothing to do with a culture that looks down on the less-educated or hourly-paid workforce. It's just that there are so many call-centre reps and administrators and so few areas to advance into for those roles that not everyone is immediately promoted, even if they're putting in a lot of hard work.

My role in the company was Human Resources, I enjoyed working at this company very much. I left for the same reasons stated above, lack of career progression. But if an opening came up that allowed
  more... me to go back, I would jump on it in a heartbeat, that's how great it is to work there.  less
Pros
great benefits, collaborative culture, recognition of hard work, good salary.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity depending on what area of company you work in.
Very Appealing
In-Field Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
GREAT group of people to work alongside lots of responsibility and advancement its totally a great place to work and great mentoring fast paced and exciting not mundane
Great place to grow, advance and work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
During my almost five years I enjoyed working tremendously at Neptune. The work, people and experience has been the best I have experienced thus far in my work history.
Pros
Time flexibility
Perfection is expected
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2016
I've learned a lot working here. Don't get me wrong, it was a great stepping stone into my career - but there are way too many cliques around the office. They also expect you to never make a mistake, and even when you own up to it, and offer to fix it, they are still going on and on about how it is a big deal and should never happen. People are human and shouldn't be treated that way.
Pros
Birthdays off, benefits
Cons
Office cliques, gossip
Work at you own pace
Water Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2015
I enjoyed working at my own pace because I was able to set my own schedule and did not feel pressured or rushed get to another job, allowing ample time to respond to customers inquiries. The quotas were manageable.
Pros
Time management
Cons
working outdoors in sub-zero temperatures
professional workplace
Bilingual Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On14 January 2015
Very good place to work.
Family environment.
business to business
Highly project management focused organization.
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  7275 West Credit Ave, Mississauga, ON L5N 5M911 June 2014
Neptune Technology Group's values are very centered in helping its customers efficiently manage their scarce resources. It also continuously thrive to develop new technologies in improving their internal systems as well as the products that it produces.

I love the availability of resources and support whenever training is required to learn new tasks.
Pros
Free Coffee and great flexibility in work schedule
If you are good at being Fake, Kissing up to HR and Management, Then this is the Place to be !
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga5 March 2013
A typical day involves being treated like you are in high school unless you are on the side of the office where they deal with sales and marketing. Administrators, Call Center Reps are treated like high school kids where Management is the Principal and HR is the Vice Principal. Management doesn't care about individuals, they care about impressing they're subordinates and will step on your toes to do so. The pay is mediocre but negotiable, management does less work yet they get all the bonuses.

I've learned that being fake in an office can get you far, I've also learned that if HR doesn't like you, if management doesn't know all of your business then you are frowned upon no matter how hard you work at the end of the day everyone is disposable. They get rid of some of their best employees who perform above and beyond expectations and keep the ones that are negative and have so many complaints against them just because they "like" them.

Besides that you might be lucky enough to meet some really nice co-workers, that are genuine.

Great place to work if the company got a new HR dept. and new Management to give the place a fresh start. Otherwise don't be fooled.
Pros
paid lunches, no work on your b-day, 3 weeks vacation
Cons
management is clueless, hr is snobby, not treated like an adult
project completed
Certified water meter installer (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BC1 September 2012
moving from town to town as projects are completed
good pay per installation
Pros
good pay
Cons
alot of expences
General Office Clerk
Temporary Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2012
I was promised a 6-month contract and the contract was unexpectedly breached after 3 months. No heads up.
Pros
free lunch on fridays.
Cons
work was too scarce.