Neptec Technologies Corp. develops innovative 3D machine vision products for machine automation and robotic applications in harsh environments. We are seeking a motivated, result driven Manufacturing Engineer/Technologist to join our dedicated team of professionals.
The Manufacturing Engineer/Technologist will:
- Design, document and develop processes, procedures and training to support the manufacturing of Neptec products
- Improve on manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning manufacturing process and workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Implement and monitor key performance indicators to improve product yield, minimize rework and improve overall quality
- Identify and implement actions to continuously improve on Product Introduction, delivery, quality and cost.
- Transfer new products to manufacturing including the creation and implementation of instruction sets, manufacturing methods and the transfer of test and calibration capabilities to manufacturing.
- Interface with design through the entire development phase to ensure design for manufacturability
- Technical lead for resolution of customer RMA’s
- Interact with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, and support assembly and test for products, systems, sub-systems and components.
- Act as the company interface for Manufacturing Engineering with external CM’s, including transfer and training of manufacturing methods for production.
- Provide detailed time/resource estimates to management for future projects.
- Provide technical support to failure investigations, and may lead failure investigation teams.
- Manufacture products as necessary to support builds, develop capabilities and improve efficiency
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Technologists Diploma in Industrial Engineering or Electronics
- 5+ years of experience working in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, analysis and reports.
- A process oriented person with a data driven mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable running lab test equipment, including digital storage oscilloscopes, network analyzers, signal generators, data acquisition systems and spectrum analyzers.
- Ability to analyze and parse data, present results clearly and concisely, to draw appropriate conclusions and make recommendations.
- Ability to research and interpret design and manufacturing requirements and proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, design and maintenance requirements as they relate to manufacturing.
- Innovative and creative solutions skills, including implementing manufacturing solutions that are cost effective, robust, maintainable, scalable, simple to learn and appropriate for low/mid volume production.
- Ability to work with development teams to optimize design for manufacturability.
- Experience with MIL-STD’s and other aerospace and rugged specifications.
Additional assets include:
o Comfortable in an optical engineering environment, including free space optics in the infra-red wavelengths.
o Familiar with aerospace/mobile environments and requirements.
o Experienced with digital, analog and RF circuit boards, AC and DC motors, free-space and fibre-optic transmission.
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Please quote file #13-26 with your response.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard