HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please visit our career site http://www.nelson.com/careers - click on "Job Opportunities" and locate this opportunity online. Attach a current copy of your Resume and Cover Letter indicating salary expectations. Please note that only online applications will be accepted.
For a listing of all career opportunities within our organization, please visit our website at www.nelson.com
Nelson Education Ltd. is Canada’s leading educational publisher providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the life long learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike. In addition to its English language publishing, Nelson also supports French Language learning markets through Groupe Modulo; its Quebec based publishing business
The Technology Product Manager (K-12) will manage the development, and implementation of highly competitive digital products, strategies, and initiatives. You must have a “can-do” attitude and be able to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; possess excellent analytical skills; and have demonstrated successful experience at defining, developing and launching online learning products to meet educational impact, customer satisfaction, and competency development goals. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable taking the lead in bridging gaps between teams of different expertise; primarily between publishing- technology-sales and marketing.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as primary liaison between School Editorial staff and Media Production Services development teams for technology products.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on the K-12 platform/product vision in order to execute the digital product roadmap for the division.
- Work with Publishers to align discipline-specific product strategies with company's overall digital strategy and revenue objectives.
- Develop, manage and prioritize digital product requirements, covering all facets of platform, products and deployment.
- Ensure the success of the products in the marketplace, working directly with Digital Solution Manager, sales and marketing, as well as customers where appropriate.
- Actively collaborating with Nelson Higher Ed and Cengage digital initiatives to ensure K-12 division can leverage existing and planned technologies, platforms and products where appropriate.
- The Technology Product Manager (K-12) will report to the Executive Director- Technology Product Management Higher Education /K-12.
1.Facilitate proper planning and vetting of both internal and external 3rd party digital product solutions and configurations, with special emphasis on interoperability, revenue generation, profitability, and technical feasibility.
2.Conduct customer research and maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and industry trends to ensure product line is competitive and meets market needs.
3.Build strategic stakeholder relationships within the context of managing the customer requirements process and platform/product vision.
4.Partner with editorial and working closely with the Technology Business Analyst (COE) to write product requirements with special emphasis on technical specifications and determining ongoing prioritization of requirements and features, ensuring tradeoffs reflecting market needs.
5.Partner with Media Production teams to properly communicate and vet product requirements, as well as to ensure that online products are progressing appropriately.
6.Review and approve with the School Publishers, digital product designs, technical content and builds.
7.Identify prototype and market testing needs to validate new product concepts and services in development.
- A minimum of 5 years developing customer-focused, online content products for the education market, with fluency in requirements gathering, product definition, development and production, testing and deployment.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with customers and SMEs in a consultative role, defining and developing solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Experience with design, development and production of online products.
- Proven track record in successfully leading cross-functional teams to develop online educational solutions.
- Ability to relate innovation in technology, and instructional and visual design to current needs of the K-12 market stakeholders.
- Strong skills in leadership, facilitation, and communication, both written and oral.
- Comfortable working with and presenting to internal stakeholders, executives and customers.
- Strong preference given to candidates with previous product management experience related to solutions for education.
- Ability to work effectively in a start-up environment – familiar with concept testing, rapid prototyping and development of customer-driven requirements.
- Experience with key product management functions, including market research, competitive analysis, product planning, marketing concepts, and Business Cases is a plus.
- Experience working in an environment delivering online learning solutions to K-12 market.
- BA/BS degree required; Graduate degree preferred.
- Travel Requirements: up to 25% travel requirement annually.
Indeed - 20 months ago