HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please visit our career site http://www.nelson.com/careers - click on "Job Opportunities" and locate this opportunity online. Attach a current copy of your Resume and Cover Letter indicating salary expectations. Please note that only online applications will be accepted.
For a listing of all career opportunities within our organization, please visit our website at www.nelson.com
Nelson Education Ltd. is Canada’s leading educational publisher providing innovative products and solutions for learners of all ages. Nelson values and respects the life long learning continuum and dedicates its business efforts to the diverse learning needs of students and educators alike. In addition to its English language publishing, Nelson also supports French Language learning markets through Groupe Modulo; its Quebec based publishing business.
You are a talented and process-driven digital production leader. As the Manager, Web Production, you will oversee the Web Production team, which is responsible for maintaining and producing digital products and web sites for the School and Higher Education businesses. Your focus will be on best-in-class delivery, balancing a constant and fluctuating stream of projects. Your confident leadership, sound business awareness and ability to influence the team in this fast-paced, multitasking environment will ensure that projects are delivered on time and budget.
I: Digital Web Production: Responsible for leading and managing the team responsible for day-to-day production and maintenance of customer-facing digital products and sites.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Nelson Education student and instructor web sites
- Higher Education digital Homework Solutions, both indigenous and adapted products
- Digital publishing processes and product set-ups
- Digital vendor programs and relationships
Develop, implement and optimize workflow processes as required to manage the above.
II: Technology Expertise: provide the technology expertise to quickly identify and solve technical issues working with our Cengage business partners, Nelson’s internal IT teams and 3rd party vendors. Ensure the Web Production team delivers product aligned with business objectives and targets. Identify internal and external resource needs and 3rd party vendors as required.
III: Project Management: Manage the successful development and execution of digital production projects and initiatives for both Higher Education and School business lines. Track the digital production schedule in order to ensure on time, on budget project deliverables. Streamline, implement and enforce processes, quality assurance practices and standards for successful development projects.
IV: Team Development: Build and maintain a collaborative team environment, providing ongoing leadership, mentoring and training to team members. Work with direct reports to set annual performance objectives and development plans; manage their ongoing performance. Build rapport and working relationships with counterparts and stakeholders across company divisions. Continuously advance technology awareness and understanding across the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Computer Science; or related field
- 5+ years management experience in a digital production environment – proven people management skills
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors
- Thorough understanding of project management best practices and quality assurance principals
- Problem solving orientation with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Collaborative strength – should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond relationship building. S/he will achieve results with and through others.