Algonquin College is one of the largest Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology in Canada providing education in business, advanced technologies, skilled trades, health, community studies, hospitality, media, police and public safety to more than 18,000 full time and 36,000 part time students annually at three campuses in Eastern Ontario. Algonquin continues to expand its international reach with the launch of a new campus in Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
The Government of Saudi Arabia has entered into partnerships with leading colleges in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Spain to provide technical training to Saudis and to create a highly skilled national workforce to meet labour market needs. Algonquin College has been selected as one of the education providers for this Colleges of Excellence (CoE) model initiated by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC) and spanning across eight cities in Saudi Arabia.
Reporting to the Campus Principal, Algonquin College, Jazan, the Director provides effective academic leadership, management and administration for the faculty, support staff and students of the English as a Second Language program delivered at Algonquin College, Jazan. The incumbent is accountable for the planning, development, delivery and on-going review of the Preparatory Year Program.
The incumbent is able to communicate effectively with students and staff at all levels. The incumbent ensures that objectives of the program offered by the Faculty are attained through effective supervision of teaching and learning processes. The incumbent establishes positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience
- TESL Certification or equivalent is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality education, effective supervision, curriculum development, adult learning, and teaching strategies
- Minimum 7 years experience in an academic environment at the University or College level with a minimum of 2 years experience in a leadership role
- Outstanding communicator coupled with superior negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and within a professional team environment
- Previous teaching experience in a college environment is an asset
- Experience in human resource management, budgeting and project management
- Working knowledge of common software applications and web-based learning technology and strategies
Attractive compensation package including annual bonus, travel, accommodation, vacation, benefits, assignment premium as well as comprehensive orientation. If you possess a sense of adventure, are culturally aware and a have a desire to experience Saudi Arabia we want to hear from you!
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.