Report to: The Assistant Youth Worker is an employee of the South London Neighbourhood Resource Centre ( SLNRC). This position will be run from an alternative satellite location in the Westminster neighborhood ( 650 Osgoode Drive and 1043 Southdale Road East). The Assistant Youth Worker will report to the Youth Services Coordinator.
Duties: The Assistant Youth Worker position will work in a satellite program offered by SLNRC. This position will be working with youth in the Westminster area, predominantly from the Southdale Road and Millbank Road area. The programs that the Assistant Youth worker will assist with are:
1) Westminster Youth Council: ( Ages 10-18): Westminster Youth Council creates and make decisions for youth/families in their community. Youth Council will run weekly which will include creating and eating dinner, leadership activities and preparation for their planning endeavors.
2) Teens of Southdale: ( Ages 7-18): This free drop-in will be run out of a townhouse complex weekly ( Thursday nights 6:00-8:00). This drop in program will connect with youth by providing them with a safe and exciting place that they can come to weekly. This is an important program that will identify life skills and youth dynamics.
- Post secondary education in the social services field/equivalent work experience
- Current Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening ( 6 weeks or less)
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- License/access to a vehicle/own transportation
- Experience and interest working with children and youth
Salary: $10.75 hourly
Hours: Tuesday evenings 5:30-8:30 and Thursday evenings 6:00 to 8:00
Commitment: This position runs until the end of June 2013. Applicant must be able to work some weekends and PD Days.
Additional Assists would include:
- Experience working directly with children and youth
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and detailed cover letter by March 29th 2013.
Katie Spicer- Youth Services Coordinator
Neighbourhood Resource Association of Westminster Park
Thank you to everyone who applies, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.