Neglia Design is a dynamic boutique communications and design studio right in the heart of downtown Toronto. Since our doors opened in 1986, we have built a solid reputation for great creative and impeccable client service.
In fact, meeting our clients' needs is what we do. And today, that means more web. That's why we're growing our web team and looking for rising stars. The sky is the limit. If you're self-motivated, passionate about what you do and do it well, we want to hear from you. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a young department that will be defined by the talent and drive of its professionals who thrive in a forward-thinking environment. You will be joining a creative team that is friendly, focused, and a tad obsessive. The kind of people you’ll love working with.
“YOUR ROLE: ”
You will be working with our design team to translate awesome creative into HTML/CSS/JS. You will help to create interactive wireframes and add your expertise to create a better overall user experience every step of the way. You know your way around PHP to integrate code with WordPress. You're comfortable around clients and can train them on managing their website. You bring a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new trends and always do your absolute best.
“HOW TO APPLY”
Answers to the following 6 questions and requested samples must be submitted along with your résumé.
1 Rate your expertise on a scale from 1–5. 5 being the best.
- DNS settings
- Server Administration
2. Rate your wordpress skills on a scale from 1–5. 5 being the best.
- Custom Queries including WP_Query
- Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies
- WordPress Action Hooks
- WordPress Plugin Development
- WordPress Theme Development
3. Rate your knowledge on a scale from 1–5. 5 being the best.
- W3C/WCAG 2.0 Compliance
- Twitter Boostrap 3.0
- Writing HTML for Email
- Responsive Web Design
- UI/UX design
4. How many WordPress websites have you worked on?
5. How many years have you been working?
6. Supply links to 3 examples of your work. Briefly describe your role for each.