Job Title: Energy Solutions Specialist- Sales Executive
For 100 years, Nedco has been a cornerstone in the electrical industry. Nedco, a leader in the electrical industry, is a company committed to high quality and customer service. The strength of that commitment by our people is reflected through Nedco's track record of professionalism and customer satisfaction.
Nedco Ontario (division of Rexel Canada Electric) has updated its strategy and outlined and ambitious company plan, entitled Energy In Motion to create value by providing a broad range of sustainable and innovative products, services and solutions for automation, technical supply and energy management (http://www.rexel.com/en/press/video-library/videos/rexel/energy-in-motion-the-rexel-company-plan.php?rub=175&id=1&vid=42)
The newest Energy Management Solution team serves as a catalyst in accelerating the widespread adoption of energy efficient solutions. Its market knowledge coupled with its expertise as an integrator gives it the leading role of implementation as a single source for energy solutions that reduce cost, boot efficiency and enhance productivity to our customers.
We are looking for experienced energy management solutions specialist/sales executive for Ontario that has in-depth knowledge of energy efficiency services and solutions with regards to business development, project management and execution with proven sales/client development expertise.
Nedco's commitment to value and on-going training and development, enables our team to provide quality solutions to our customers and empowers us to exceed their expectations, day after day. Nedco is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to the Canadian marketplace.
- The primary responsibility of the Energy Management Solution Specialist/sales executive is to secure new business by selling energy management and efficiency solutions to senior level decision makers at assigned prospects in our target markets.
- Reporting to the Energy Solutions Manager, this position assumes responsibilities for strategic business development in existing and new client base selling energy solutions in our targets markets. Market segments will include contractors, local distribution companies (LDCs) and end-user for commercial, healthcare, educational, municipal, institutional, government and industrial building owners
- The Energy Solutions Specialist/sales executive also will be called into accounts as opportunities are identified and may work with account-assigned outside sales representatives to close energy solutions sales opportunities
- Partner with the outside sales team to prequalify leads; build and promote the value proposition and ROI for the energy solutions; and develop energy efficiency solutions opportunities within existing accounts (40%)
- For prequalified leads within the Nedco customer list, develop sales proposals to assist with energy upgrades (20%)
- Conduct joint sales calls with Nedco Outside sales team, serving as the regional energy solution specialist during pre-sales and post-sales activities (10%)
- Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies in coordination with marketing department using competitive advantages over competition and increase market penetration using available marketing tools and resources (10%)
- Cultivate energy efficiency solutions customers within the Utilities Market (10%)
- Conduct basic on-site building and system audits to identify opportunities to enhance energy solutions initiatives (10%)
- Coordinate activities with District Managers, Branch managers, outside sales representatives & local Account Managers to present unified strategy and maximize sales effectiveness
- Pursue product applications utilizing personal knowledge, internal specialists or other internal resources, vendor representatives and other available sources
- Develop long term relationships with customer and business partners (contractors, equipment manufacturers, suppliers, local distribution companies, consulting engineers, customer associations, property managers companies, facility managers and other stakeholders) by using ‘value-add’ selling techniques
- Maintain high cold call volumes to arrange meetings with key electrical contractors and building owner decision makers and executives
- Using effective selling skills, assist the customer in understanding the benefits of the energy management proposal and motivate them to commit to project implementation
- Fulfill annual sales targets through sales development and supporting business partners
- Advise clients on economic and financial benefit energy efficiency programs and projects including return on investment considering incentives from OPA’s Conservation and Demand Management (CDM) programs delivered by LDCs
- Present and justify first stage feasibility studies that quantify costs and benefits of recommended energy conservation solutions including applicable energy rebate programs and government incentives
- Successfully develop, organize, strategically position, prepare, and issue winning proposal and presentations in coordination with third party consultants, partners and suppliers for energy solutions including lighting and lighting controls, energy monitoring and sub-metering solutions for billing or energy management purposes including M&V, energy audits, re-commissioning, energy efficiency for HVAC and refrigeration, demand side management, power quality (surge suppression, power factor and harmonics), energy renewable and other related energy conservation measures
- Gather and report to management information regarding the company, competitors, pricing, innovative products and current and future market trends as well as assist management and vendors in planning, tracking and implementing sales strategies and developing new markets
- Achieve and maintain technical capabilities at required levels, attend customer seminars, participate in sales meetings, vendor seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Technology Diploma or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) and/or appropriate industry experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in marketing and selling energy efficiency solutions
- Certify Energy Manager (CEM) or related accreditation in energy management field is an asset
- Experience with HVAC, operation and maintenance of building systems
- Experience with electrical and mechanical systems in commercial and institutional buildings
- Experience with energy auditing in commercial and institutional buildings
- Proven sales lead development and account cultivation strengths with ability to identify customer energy needs, articulate energy solutions, effectively negotiate and secure sales of offerings from top-level and medium level management
- Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to drive decisions with influence
- Highly motivated self-starter, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Strong verbal, written, computer communication, technical presentation skills and ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must be highly proficient in using the Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing, business travel (domestic) and ability to travel by air transportation is required
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension packages
- A stable and safe work environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Employee bonus plann
Indeed - 30+ days ago
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying.
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying.