This program provides services for Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) referred families who have been identified as medium to high risk of out of home placement for their child/children. Typically referred clients have come to the attention of MCFD as a result of child protection issues, whether they are immediate concerns or family support issues. Family Preservation worker provides short term, intensive, in-home service to assist families in reducing risk factors and threats to family and individual well-being. When appropriate, service will also be delivered as group work.
- A diploma in the human services or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one year of experience in a similar environment is required for this position.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of theory, principles and practices in the field
- Must have knowledge of child development and age appropriate behaviors
- Must possess basic computer skills
SALARY: $17.60-20.70 with benefits as per the CSSEA & CSSBA Collective Agreement (Grid Level 12)
HOURS OF WORK: Full Time
START DATE: As soon as possible
POSTING DATE: May 1, 2013
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
Please send a cover letter of interest and current resume outlining your skills and qualifications for the position and include the job positing number:
Danny Scoular, Program Manager
Nechako Valley Community Services Society
Box 1249, Vanderhoof, BC VOJ 3A0