NCR Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place, Great Experience
Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 28, 2014
Pros: good cafeteria
The company was a typical work day.
My direct supervisor, it was nice to work with him.
n/a
Sr. Field Engineer (Current Employee), Denver COApril 28, 2014
Was your typical break/fix repair company. Had a few good coworkers.
temp
FT Programming Tech (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 22, 2014
This Consist of downloading software and imagining software to Kiskos.
Very structured company that continually replaces employees and frequently changes business model
Service Account Manager (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTApril 21, 2014
How does someone get laid-off from an IT field?
Contract hire (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 20, 2014
Pros: free car, free gas, free expense
Cons: poor communication, terrible managment
Only employed for no more than 5 days.

Since the first day, I can already tell how this place was going down hill. I was suppose to be trained by [NCR employee A] when every time I call [NCR employee A], he would suggested me to work for [NCR employee B] and sometimes [NCR employee C]. Working with [NCR employee B] was like working with emotionless – more... man who come into work like he still grieves over his girlfriend breaking up with him. In fact, [NCR employee B] and [NCR employee C] would always discourage me to work for this place.

Another thing about NCR, I've have never met the official manager or whoever gives me my paycheck in person. My boss is communication from me using my BlackBerry; My BlackBerry is my boss.

Not that I've gotten fired but I have been laid-off because of some thing with Walmart and discontinuing NCR services.

Seriously, how do you get laid off from the IT field? – less
N/A
Customer Engineer II (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Education part of this company is great. However work/life balance not great at all.
Great people, horrible management
Business Analyst (Former Employee), USAApril 5, 2014
My coworkers were fantastic, really wanted to do a great job, extremely dedicated and hard working. Management was very poor at the high levels and middle managers didn't have much of a chance to succeed because of senior management stupidity. Employee morale was low when I left. It's too bad because back in the day it was a premier employer. Not anymore. – more... Don't work here if you can help it. – less
Productive and Fun
Project Implementation Analyst (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: one hour lunches and two 15 minute breaks
Cons: the changes in the benefits and cost.
I enjoyed working for NCR. It has taught me how to multitask, work with and talk to people from all over the world. I really enjoyed the flexibility in the schedule if needed.
Great place to work, if you're satisfied with topping out at 56-62k
Customer Engineer II (Current Employee), Los AngelesMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free vehicle, free gas, free laptop, free cellphone, free business expenses
Cons: unpredictable work schedule, no room to move up in company, the whole company is based out of georgia
Your only boss is your phone. Company time or work day is Portal-to-Portal meaning your work day starts when you enter your vehicle and leave your house and ends when you get home. Parts system is totally unorganized.
Excellent learning experience as well working with Instructors
Software Developer (Former Employee), Karachi, PSDMarch 27, 2014
whole day working and has to finish work with in very short time.
No room for adavncement
IT Specialist & Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: hands on exprience of real life it issue in uncontroled enviorments
Cons: enviorment, company culture, work ethic and moral
Management is immature, and not customer oriented, work environment is unhealthy and job culture and moral s below normal
Nice people and informative
Extern (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 15, 2014
Good work day and vacation balance.
Good project management.
Foresee and prediction for deployment.
Frequent enhancement.
Global team communication.
Daily stand-up meeting.
Incentive rewarding for good result.
Consolidated Help Desk (Current Employee), Germantown, MDMarch 14, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: clerks need to be trained better
Contracts between groups or partners can be very productive unless it is based on GOV. NCR develops & maintains software with USPS. Unfortunately, USPS does not train their clerks. So problems with always rise up more than what NCR reps can handle.
Highly toxic culture for employees
Director (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: liberal work-from-home policies, flexible hours
Cons: global company = late night and early morning conference calls, upper management more concerned about cutting costs than improving morale
The management at NCR is too focused on cutting costs related to labor -- i.e., they are cutting headcount, even to the detriment of customer service ratings. The culture is toxic, where people guard information for fear of becoming obsolete and expendable, which has developed over the last 5 years due to numerous company-wide layoffs. Most people are – more... over-worked and stretched too thin to respond to emails and/or phone calls. Those who are not over-worked are most often too lazy to be helpful. Overall, the culture is affected by very low morale and bosses who don't seem to care about employee welfare. – less
nice place
technican (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: different restaurants comes in for lunch.
Cons: have 15 mins for breakfast and 30 mins. for lunch then another 15 mins.break before you get off.
People are very friendly and very helpful to you. I learn how to test the atm machines and to build the inside parts for the atm machines. The manager and supervisor gets you the kind of help you need and they give you a chance at the jobs whether you're experience or not. Its really not hard to do once you learn how to do it and know what to do. The – more... people that you work with and you get to make friends – less
Mismanagement and poor working conditions
Production support specialist (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMarch 11, 2014
The management was inept, didn't care for its employees. We were understaffed, poorly treated and worked for almost minimum wage.
New Work Experience
IT Health Project Manager & Business Analyst, NCR (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLMarch 10, 2014
 Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved.
 Perform quality assurance test on all new application build upgrades before they are placed into production
 Work strategically with cross functional members in implementing new projects with operations
 – more... Takes input from Management and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
 Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas, while understanding the necessity of project standards and applies them consistently.
 Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively, prepares reports, flow diagrams and charts, while ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs. – less
Stable but no Growth
Service Planner III (Current Employee), Cebu City, P07March 10, 2014
I have been with NCR Corporation for almost a year now and I love my job here and I have i big respect for the company. I have learned a lot of new things which help me grow as an employee. My only concern with the company is that career and growth is impossible to happen as far as my observation is concern.
IT/ Rollout Desk
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 7, 2014
Make and receive calls, troubleshoot, dispatch, Remote access, ensure issue resolution,
Dell, HP, Compaq, Cisco, IBM and Blade centers, self checkout registers, debit card readers, registers, Money centers, Wireless scanners, PDA’s, Managers workbench, Smart systems, Excel, Word, Remedy, Access, network, switches, routers, systems backups/restore, OS – more... issue resolutions. – less
Help Desk Agent (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 3, 2014
NCR was like family. They tried to take care of you and meet you halfway in certain areas. The stress level was very high due to the type of work..it was a call center after all..but we got through it together and most of the time we all had each other's backs. Will miss the people I worked for and with.

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more