NCR

NCR Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work envionment with advancement opportunities.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: bonus, free lunches, team activities, on site work out space
Cons: loss of manufacturing to solectron
Started in Surface Mount Technology, moved to building cash registers, to shipping &receiving, supervisor, trainer and Quality supervisor. The work with engineers to create workbooks and teamwork solidified the work unit. Co-workers were very knowledgeable, willing to share their ideas, and had supportive attitudes. The hardest part of the job was having – more... to fire employees. The most enjoyable was being recognized for good ideas and recommendations. – less
good and a place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee), hyderabadOctober 23, 2013
NCR is leader in ATM hardware and software development and we can have lot of learning in financial sector for self serv transactions
Hardwork & Challenging job.
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 19, 2013
Its 24/7 hardcore and challenging job. Always satisfy the customer by giving 100% outputs within the time periods and quality works.
Having a company vehicle
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 16, 2013
Pros: going to diffeernt sites
Cons: not being able to take lunch at a regular time
A typical day was usually very busy with service calls and being on the road 75% of the time in Broward County. I learned how to work with many co-workers with different personalities and to be a good team player. The hardest part of the job was the challenge of meeting on time site arrival to make the contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs). The – more... company put a great deal of importance on customer service and big emphasis on reducing return visits. The most enjoyable part of the job was being at different sites throughout the work shift and interacting with bank personnel. – less
Its a paycheck but has no sense of job security
Coater Operator (Former Employee), Morristown, TNOctober 15, 2013
Pros: paycheck
Cons: short breaks, no support from management
This job is number based. If you dont get their numbers then you wont be employed long. Even with a maintenance team there to fix machines, it will always come back to the operator. Management will not back you unless you are one of their friends. HR is supposed to be there for the employees but they only help when something is in it for them. Like – more... I said, its a paycheck but good luck. – less
Team oriented environment with exceptional company incentives
Customer Care Service Agent II (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCOctober 15, 2013
Pros: employee bonus, employee appreciation recognition
Assisting global and international customers with hardware service support. A fun filled fast paced environment.
NCR - I miss you!
NCR - Senior IT Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 14, 2013
Pros: excellent mentoring environment with very good pay.
Cons: job security.
A typical day at work was about learning something new and exciting. NCR constantly reached out to make sure their customers received "best in class" service and you received "best in class" training.

I learned many new software programs and received a wealth of training. I also enjoyed doing research projects with our benchmark service.

Management – more... kept you focused, motivated and alert. I was promoted three times in seven years.

I miss my co-workers. Everyone was so close and they knew they were working for a good company. We worked well as a team and folks like me made sure we worked well as a team (100% data compliance rate for 4 years straight).

The hardest part of the job had to do with me. I am very thorough - which can, at times, slow you down. Yet, I make few mistakes - if any. I guess I just want to do it once and get it right.

I really enjoyed the customer satisfaction survey project. It was so interesting reading what other employees had to say about our in-house software and so on... Another enjoyable part of the job was participating in a major charity event. One year I raised more money than anyone in the history of NCR. Yes, there was a lunch in my honor. – less
Great place to work for awhile
Field engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2013
First 15 years company was great received plenty of good training and management had lots of experience handling the work load and was responsive to employees issues. Last couple of years management changed, it was all about quotas instead of pleasing the customer and equipment upkeep.
Closing down
RCC helpdesk (Current Employee), Bentonville, AROctober 2, 2013
NCR is closing down. That is why I am looking for another job.
short fill job
NCR / Customer Service engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 30, 2013
job taken matching technical skill sets while searching for a better match for opportunities and future growth
Peachtree Facility Used To Be A 5 Star Untill 2010
NA (Current Employee), PEACHTREE CITY GASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: onsite breakfast and lunch/benefits
Cons: micro management/pay
Peach Tree City's Official Rating From A Current Employee

Just to be clear i have multiple degrees and certs. that only afford me a salary of 12.18 an hour. i started at 11.25 4 years ago..that should say enough for Compensation....Benefits are great medical dental paid time off sick time the works..So i believe that if they were – more... to adjust their Compensation they'd get back to 5 stars in that category

Culture/Values
NCR used to care about your birthdays. and employee bonuses and what not..But they've just stopped caring i remember they USED to do mini luncheons for special occasions and make you feel really welcomed and apart of the family. But Now a days yeah right good luck with that they care about culture and values even less than the next company. As far as values goes they value three things here at NCR. PRODUCTION, THE CUSTOMER, AND EFFICIENCY ..Fix that issue and again they're back to 5 stars in that category.

HAAAAAAAA!!! Do you really want to know..Ive seen NCR hire 45+ PPL out of south Carolina (mostly) and other various places and then watch those same ppl get fired 8 weeks later..You will always be on your toes about having a job..And they might keep you 3 years 5 years or any untold number of years but always keep in mind that HERE if they can replace you THEY WILL Dont stick around here thinking they're loyal to you because you've been loyal to them IF YOU FIND A HIGHER PAYING POSITION SOMEWHERE TAKE IT!!!! you'll thank me later. Advancement is non existent in this company. You have no career path no clear advancement opportunities NOTHING...I really dont think they will ever change this about themselves 1 star for this ..

Probably one of NCR's (Peachtree Location) biggest flaw..Look ppl i had 4 Managers that i answered to on one floor. WAYYYYYYYY too much micromanagement and none of them are Tech Savy if you catch my drift.. One tells you to do something then the next comes and says do it faster then the next comes and says work on something else then the last manager comes and scolds you for not working on the first project you were told to do. its a complete mess in there im telling you BE CAREFUL if possible ask for every request to be sent to you by email so you'll have a record to cover your TAIL with...1 star for that one...

Im kinda iffy in this section.. While I like the work/life balance here. I honestly believe that its only appealing to me because im liked by the management. To put it simply its a biased work environment i've seen ppl be approved for days off to go to the hot springs vs ppl being denied days off to take care of sick relatives simply because they are either liked or unlike by a particular manager..its very unfair depending on who's bad side your on...and remember there are 4 ppls butts to kiss in most area's so your GOING to be on someone's bad side... Fix this and you'll get a 4 star rating. – less
good workplace and workmates
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Dundee, SCTSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: good wake nice work environment
Cons: only temp
really enjoyed this jod,great hours good shifts good pay but was only temp
Great Place to work for.
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARSeptember 16, 2013
Great Co-Workers that treat you like family. Busy days working with escalations for the management team can take up your entire day. Hardest part I have had to deal with is verifying with technicians the stores they are in as I am trying to fix Cisco port configs.
Produtivity is the need of organisation, always did work with balance mind.
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee), GurgaonSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: half hour from working hours
Cons: sometime we use to stay here for late hours to cover up month end reports.
In NCR the daily working hours were standred working hours.
Every woring environment gives us something new to learn, about product you are dealing with and market.
It was a high profile management and it was dingnify to work with them.
Relation with co-worker was like freindly in nature.
great company to work for
Director - Offer Management & Marketing (Current Employee), DuluthSeptember 12, 2013
Gor exposure into multiple industries... loved global exposure.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Oracle Apps Techno Functional Consultant (Current Employee), DuluthSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: work culture
Cons: work balance
Learned how to work on multiple things, compensation is good.
nice, hard working job, with great meals.
Staging Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: great lunch plans, fun out side of work activities.
Cons: not enough time for breaks
NCR was a great place of employment. You really get to learn a lot of new things.
NCR is a fine organization that produces top tier products.
Engineer at NCR w/ broad responsibilities (Current Employee), GASeptember 9, 2013
Working at NCR has given me the opportunity to work in a vigorous, state of the art, manufacturing facility. While here, I have been exposed to many new advances in technology.
was a great place to work
Fieldtech /Trainer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2013
was a great place to work I

I enjoyed working with pos sysyems
Nice laid back environment
Quality Analyst III (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 3, 2013
I enjoyed my time at NCR and had a good manager.
I really enjoyed being an analyst and being able to solve issues and make suggestions that made a difference.

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more