NCR

NCR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Place to Work
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee), HyderabadAugust 3, 2014
Good Work-Life Balance, Supportive Teams. Can learn a lot of things. But used to old technologies .
Too Many Incompetent Executives
Global Supply Chain (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: beats the max ga unemployment insurance benefits
Cons: incompetent employees
I worked for NCR for 7 years and was RIF'. My functions weren't going away - I was. Evidently when you speak your mind, directors and executives get very threatened. Instead of contributing to the success of NCR as a whole the directors are only concerned with their bonus payouts.
This was one of the worst career moves ever! Think twice!!
Analyst (Former Employee), DuluthJuly 28, 2014
Pros: initially i could work remotely...but this changed
Cons: see my review..
I accepted an offer in 2013 with this company. I ended up having to leave after 8 months before likely being forced out. But I was going to leave anyhow. My manager NEVER had time for me. Never spent a single hour training me for the role itself. I was thrown into the deep after barely a couple week's training at best, and expected to learn a complicated – more... business and work large deals with little or no ongoing guidance.

Management at this company is very snooty! Their heads appear to be in the clouds. Two months into the job my duties changed materially - with very little warning and NO say-so. The processes were the worst I have ever seen in my professional career. Though they required process improvements as a part of my role, my managers would not even so much as reply to my email, much less sit down and really listen to my concerns/ issues. The culture was not to my liking. Alot of showboating during meetings, grand-standing and throwing folks under the bus. Most people don't even speak! The Sales team will do most anything to get a deal done - including outright lie!!

All in all I found it to be a lacklustre work environment with a lot of politics and poor management from the top down. Few opportunities exist.Had to leave as my health was being impacted negatively. Life is much better since. – less
A pioneer company in the ATM industry
Services Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 26, 2014
Pros: work from home allowed ... not strict on office attendance
Cons: overloading at some levels
An organisation where the employees are respected within the team and even the customers do share very high gratitude towards the NCR employees.
ok experience
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: low pay
Starting pay was not great but did help me get forklift certified
My family :)
Administrative Assistant for Egypt General Manager (Former Employee), CairoJuly 25, 2014
It was fun, i worked, learned a lot.

- Most enjoyable part was in submitting the tenders and how we all make our best to win the tender.
Department Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 25, 2014
good people to work for, management very good, 7:00to3:30 ,climate controlled building
Very unstructured
Support Specialist II (Former Employee), AlpharettaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch on friday
Cons: everthing else
No knowledge base to learn the product. Currently changing the rules as they go. Unwillingness t listen to any ideas. Never had a team meeting. NCR Silver has been the worst job I ever had. I highly recommend no one works there. Management was the worst threatening people's jobs daily. A terrible environment for anyone.
Look Elsewhere
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2014
A few years ago, I would have said this was a great place to work. In 2011, everything changed. Upper management does not care about the technicians anymore. We're just numbers on a page. Morale is very low. Although a recent survey said 30% of us might leave for another company. Based on conversations, I'd say it's more like 70% or higher. No one is – more... happy on the job, and many are afraid to speak up. – less
Productive and fun working place
Account Lead (Former Employee), Suwanee GeorgiaJuly 14, 2014
Cons: short brake
Over all day to day work was very challenging due to customer last minute demands and short inventory.
I learn a lot while working in NCR specially Lean concept.
Management were accommodated.
co-worker were helpful and team player.
The hardest part of the job was Inventory shortage.
The most enjoyable part of the job was it was fast pace work environment.
Review for NCR
PS Consultant II (Current Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Not the best company to work for. Nobody knows what they are doing. Not very efficient.
Love my job!
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAJuly 11, 2014
I love my job however I am looking for something in my field of schooling. I am halfway to becoming a Registered Nurse. I will have my ADN degree in the next year and a half to two years.
Reconsider before accepting an opportunity
ATM INCIDENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAJuly 9, 2014
Cons: not enough pay, management isn't for the employess, no hr, just bad.
Reconsider before accepting an opportunity, do your research first! The only gain has been meeting a few good people.
Nice company to work for
Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Landover, MDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: team work, generous time off, hr dept., travel
Cons: really long hours
Loved this job, going to businesses everyday and talking and taking care of customer's needs really made my day. I learned all about the atm and technology industry working for NCR. Management was what you would expect from a qualified professionals but at times, they could be somewhat overbearing. Typical work days could wind up being anything but – more... with really long hours, long travel days and unsatisfied customers, but at the end of the day, I felt really good about the day I had. My co workers and I were a team, although we worked individually, we were always there for each other. – less
Avoid
Customer Service Engineer II (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 7, 2014
Cons: everything
Worst company ever. Reputation has been well earned. Ethics and Integrity are non-existent. Unprofessional from the interview and hiring process, thru logistics, employee-employee and employee-management interaction, guidelines and policies.

The most accurate review for this position at this company would be that it is borderline exploitation in America. – more... If they can bend a rule, or break it without recourse, they will certainly do it tor at least try. – less
Did not enjoy working at this company.
Inventory control/ forklift Operator (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJune 30, 2014
Did not have room to grow in the company. If you did not have family working there, you could not move up in the company.
machines
NCR National Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus GaJune 28, 2014
Pros: free bathroom breaks
Cons: shorts breaks
how to make ATMs , i learned alot from NCR , nice people etc my most enjoy part about NCR how the money come out , and how the machines look from inside.
Was a great place to work
NCR - Module Tester (Former Employee), DundeeJune 26, 2014
I would probably still be there if they hadn't shut the factory
Productive, professional enviorment where that I can grow and advance within the company
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility and knowledgeable of the job duties
Cons: payrate and healthcare
A typical day at work is sometimes busy and at a steady fast past. The reason is because we/Logistics are ordering parts all day for different customers and per fedex website, we have to locate many locations and ESL's to ship parts.

I have learned ordering parts from the best airports and esl's locations so the parts can arrive in a timely manner – more... to meet the ETA.

My manager is very knowledgeable and very patience on directing his employees to strive and improved to grow within the company.

Working with my employees is not always pleasant especially when you work with different charaters but with my positive attitude. I try to get along, smile and speak encourage words to make the work place fun.

The hardest part of my job is when we are short staff of my co-workers and the customers are sending over alot of orders; this can become challenging due to we have to take inbound calls by placing part orders with our technicians and customers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is, when I can get the part orders out within a timely manner and the customers do not have to escalate for ETA's by informing my manager and this will put pressure on the team of Logistics. – less
Productive and Fun work place
Quality Assurance/Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaJune 25, 2014
Good culture and good management. Public company globally located and good benefits and good work ethics

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more