NCR

NCR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Run away from this place
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: steady paycheck
Cons: everything else
Horrible management, a very entrenched good old boy network. If you tell management what they don't want to hear, they will make your life a living h*ll. Salaries are low, benefits are terrible, no HR department - it's all self-serve online. Same with I/T. Trying to accomplish anything in this place is impossible. A very, very political place. If you are in the inner circle of your organization, you can do no wrong even if you're a complete waste of space. If you are not in the inner circle, look out below.
Virtual Job, never meet manager(s) or other comapany employee
Senior Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: established company, global exposure, company vehical, training
Cons: poor contracts with customers, unbid to win contract and no monies to keep their employees working.
Only lasted 6 months with the company and then was laid off, (Reduction in work force) due to contract under bid with Siemens for telcom services.
Not a very good place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 9, 2014
If you like to work long hours and very hard with little pay then this is the job for you.
Site move over sea
IT Technical consultant, U.S. Field Operations (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARSeptember 9, 2014
enjoyed my job. One man operation. I was on call 24/7 365 days a year. I did not miss a day of work in over 19 years.
Productive and professional environment
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), VirtualSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: top it department, best practices in use.
Great people, very professional and committed. Great school.
ping pong table
Intake/Outtake Specialist (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 7, 2014
Logistic Associate (Current Employee), peachtree city gaSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
cherry picker, receving, and shipping
how to work with fun and loving people
don't care about you
na
Great organisation to work for ,wonderful systems and people.I would rate the 10/10
Manager - Human Resources (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: wonderful people, great work life balance, great systems, awesome culture, superb boss and managers.
Cons: career progression for hr hardly given, not many opportunities available in india.
Overall a great company to work for,amazing people,great culture,system and good management.
HR systems quite mature and continuous improvements happening all the time.I personally got may good training opportunities at NCR and the Six Sigma Green Belt certification was one of them.
I would have never left such a great organisation but had to relocate with family.Leaving NCR due to my personal reasons is the biggest regrets of my life.
Given an opportunity , I would love to join them back.
Environment
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Great work environment! It's very easy to become attached to co-workers.
Very Structured Corporate Environment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: corporate minded people will thrive in this environment.
Cons: not a small family environment where everyone knows each other.
This is a very fast paced environment that will keep your skill set sharp.
Good place to start a career in IT. Very competitive
Senior Help Desk Analyst / Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good place to learn level 1 it
Cons: call center advancement is very limited
Not racially balanced in management positions. Frequent instances of nepotism and blatant favoritism.
Mgmt style has changed over years - it's all about outsourcing jobs to Serbia
Director (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 5, 2014
Was a fun place to work until the only thing that mattered was making the Qtr'ly results - regardless of customer impact.
Good atmosphere to work
Excel Macro (Current Employee), Puducherry, PYSeptember 5, 2014
want to clarify suppliers doubts
Learned how macro work in bulk process
Productive but miserable workplace
NCR - Operations Staging Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: decent pay, overtime when available
Cons: management that did not care.
When I first started, the job was great, tedious repetitive but the job was great. I feel that in any job that a great lead and management makes all the difference in how you perceive your job duties. When our line was shut down and we all were moved to a different line under different management and team leads, the job was no longer fun and made you feel ill to come to work. Several of us was being harassed and bullied and no one as high up as management was willing to do anything but sweep it under the rug and threaten your job when you mentioned the harassment and bullying. I learned a lot however from this company, how the inside of the computers work and how to build on an assembly line that moves for you. The hardest part of the job was honestly working in uncomfortable conditions where no one cared. I learned that even my old team lead cared more and that is what makes a team lead a great person and will make employees work harder for them.
a wonderfull enviroment to work in
material handler moving items (Former Employee), columbusAugust 27, 2014
driving the fork lift loading trucks and unloading and moving trailers around the yard and deliver goods from state to state
Best Place to Develop Corporate Business Handling skills and to Grow personally
Lead Sales Support Executive Ops (Current Employee), Cebu City, P07August 26, 2014
Pros: full coverage benefits and has a lot of opportunities for growth
7th Year Corporate Grade Seasoned Representative
Technical support and Customer Retention,
Customer service, Email and Chat support,
Virtual assistant tasks,Online research,
Data gathering tabulation evaluation and reporting, Administrative Tasks,
Team Leadership and Management.
RUN AWAY
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Alpharetta GAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: no breaks, no fun. just death of your soul
Cons: death of soul
Typical day at work = no training, none. zero. Mentality (must fail first to learn, no help from management).

Learned? ALOT but all on my own must be super motivated and be prepared to do it all by yourself. I seriously learned more than I will probably ever learn anywhere else.

management- immediate supervisor, threw in my face "if your not happy here leave", 50-60 hours a week. 50 mandatory 60 "non-paid overtime". Pay....worked me alot for very little and I was expected to do just as much as the people getting paid twice as much as me.

hardest part- no training, no room for success, consistently wrote programs and assignments that were not good enough.

enjoyable? um... the gym because I was so stressed out.

I'm sure I sound like a whiney b** but you've been warned. STAY AWAY FROM THE FINANCE

I was an extremely happy person when before I started working here.
Repair
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Alpharetta GAAugust 22, 2014
Test equipment, clean, and replace none functional parts.
Corporate Run By Out of Touch Baby Boomers
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAAugust 21, 2014
I was in charge of an account team dealing with logistics. While some of the old timers above me were very helpful and just lacked some technology skills the head of my entire dept. was way out of touch and hired his friend at five times our pay to take credit for our work (his friend who had previously been let go from the company). Things like sudden panics over a cellular hiccup from our service provider resulted in stern emails and me being told to "stay on top of things" until I was working 12 and 14 hour days. Or just suggesting kiosk reboots for months instead of listening to our advice that their was a software issue. Or purposely reclassifying issues to keep our numbers good, which in the end is what happened. I had moved on but about 6 months later the boss stacked up all his bonuses and awards and moved to another division. When the numbers were run again and they saw how bad it was the division was sold off and everyone got laid off.
No Training
Customer Engineer - Aloha Point of Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
NCR is a ok place to work

No training and no support

Corporate structure is fragmented

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more