NCR

NCR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Repair
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Alpharetta GAAugust 22, 2014
Test equipment, clean, and replace none functional parts.
Corporate Run By Out of Touch Baby Boomers
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAAugust 21, 2014
I was in charge of an account team dealing with logistics. While some of the old timers above me were very helpful and just lacked some technology skills the head of my entire dept. was way out of touch and hired his friend at five times our pay to take credit for our work (his friend who had previously been let go from the company). Things like sudden – more... panics over a cellular hiccup from our service provider resulted in stern emails and me being told to "stay on top of things" until I was working 12 and 14 hour days. Or just suggesting kiosk reboots for months instead of listening to our advice that their was a software issue. Or purposely reclassifying issues to keep our numbers good, which in the end is what happened. I had moved on but about 6 months later the boss stacked up all his bonuses and awards and moved to another division. When the numbers were run again and they saw how bad it was the division was sold off and everyone got laid off. – less
No Training
Customer Engineer - Aloha Point of Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
NCR is a ok place to work

No training and no support

Corporate structure is fragmented
Carrer Advancement
Software Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2014
Learned a lot
We had comprehensive benifits
Career Advancement and Relocation Opportunity
Diverse Work lIfe
I always believe that an employee should always give 100% attendance in the respective organization. My co-workers always believe on my commitment. Th
FSC (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 20, 2014
I have joined NCR as a Customer Care Associate. After the completion of 10 months, I got promoted as a Service Co-ordinator. I got the opportunity to get the regular updates on each every complaint raised for the ATMs. I always believe that an employee should always give 100% attendance in the respective organization. My co-workers always believe on – more... my commitment. The most enjoyable part of my job is multiple responsibilities. Here I have learned how to complete the multiple tasks in a short time. – less
Great team and wonderful environment to work with.
System Analyst II (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility, compensation/pay, relaxed environment.
Cons: nothing notable to say.
I worked from home for NCR. I typically worked 45-50 hours per week (happily I might add).

I provided a wide range of functions, including database maintenance and assisting QA, CSMs, customers, and other employees.

I would have to say the hardest part of my job was having to be constantly flexible. You had to be available 24-7, though I had no complaints – more... with that.

Honestly, the team I worked with was great. I'll miss those guys and this job! – less
Good stepping stone
IT Analyst, MCSE, MCP+I (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: management
Love working with the people. NCR does a lot of things right but they do not take of their people. They are a revolving door.
Group is great, company as a whole is mediocre
Platform Software Engineer (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: environment. team
Cons: processes. corporate overhead.
I enjoy the team that I work with. We are supportive yet critical of one anothers' work. We continually work to improve the quality of the products that we produce. I feel that the organization as a while is focused on cost rather than quality of solutions. There is a lot of overhead due to existing protocol.
Oracle DBA and Developer (Former Employee), PakistanAugust 12, 2014
i enjoy solving problems
i learned technical things and enhance my management skills
All are cooperative if you are cooperative
if you have short of staff in the office
To solve problems
I wouldn't recommend NCR Silver to my worst enemy
NCR Silver/Technical Support (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GaAugust 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: better management
Terrible!! Terrible!!!! Management, Unorganized, and very Unprofessional, No actual training at all with the products just a powerpoint overload and you start taking calls your 4th or 5th day there,
You are tier 1,2, and 3 no one to escalate cases to when you are stuck.
When asking management for help you receive no answer but if you don't close the – more... case you are the one that takes the heat
No team meetings just strictly on calls all day so you never receive updates about new things changing with the system until someone calls about it and even you are unaware of these changes.
Very Very High call volume because management refuses to hire new talent and will cuss and fuss at the team for having too many calls in the queue.
The turnover rate is also very high so I wouldn't quit my job if I were you. Instead of investing time to properly train reps they will go through PRG (their temp provider) to hire new talent and fire the ones they have on the floor without giving any type of warning.
There are only 8-10 reps working a 24 hour call center. If someone calls out you receive messages at 6 am. asking you to come in on your days off. If you decline to come in then you may be fired because they want to run you like a machine. You no longer have consecutive days off so your days off may be Monday and Thursday or other random days. The compensation is also not great for the work you actually do.
No holidays No weekends you name the worst they have it.

What makes this so bad is that they try to make a good first impression when interviewing you but will not speak to you when getting on the floor. – less
Was a great place to work....
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 5, 2014
Pros: solid on pto
Cons: lack of care for the average employee
Middle to upper management needs to be removed. Radiant Systems was a great place to work and then NCR took over. Lots of miscommunication internally and it seems to have gotten worse.
very demanding
Systems Quality Analyst II (Former Employee), fort worth, txAugust 4, 2014
Pros: learn new products
Cons: too demanding
Overloaded with several projects and short deliverable times.
Good Place to Work
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee), HyderabadAugust 3, 2014
Good Work-Life Balance, Supportive Teams. Can learn a lot of things. But used to old technologies .
Too Many Incompetent Executives
Global Supply Chain (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: beats the max ga unemployment insurance benefits
Cons: incompetent employees
I worked for NCR for 7 years and was RIF'. My functions weren't going away - I was. Evidently when you speak your mind, directors and executives get very threatened. Instead of contributing to the success of NCR as a whole the directors are only concerned with their bonus payouts.
This was one of the worst career moves ever! Think twice!!
Analyst (Former Employee), DuluthJuly 28, 2014
Pros: initially i could work remotely...but this changed
Cons: see my review..
I accepted an offer in 2013 with this company. I ended up having to leave after 8 months before likely being forced out. But I was going to leave anyhow. My manager NEVER had time for me. Never spent a single hour training me for the role itself. I was thrown into the deep after barely a couple week's training at best, and expected to learn a complicated – more... business and work large deals with little or no ongoing guidance.

Management at this company is very snooty! Their heads appear to be in the clouds. Two months into the job my duties changed materially - with very little warning and NO say-so. The processes were the worst I have ever seen in my professional career. Though they required process improvements as a part of my role, my managers would not even so much as reply to my email, much less sit down and really listen to my concerns/ issues. The culture was not to my liking. Alot of showboating during meetings, grand-standing and throwing folks under the bus. Most people don't even speak! The Sales team will do most anything to get a deal done - including outright lie!!

All in all I found it to be a lacklustre work environment with a lot of politics and poor management from the top down. Few opportunities exist.Had to leave as my health was being impacted negatively. Life is much better since. – less
A pioneer company in the ATM industry
Services Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 26, 2014
Pros: work from home allowed ... not strict on office attendance
Cons: overloading at some levels
An organisation where the employees are respected within the team and even the customers do share very high gratitude towards the NCR employees.
ok experience
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: low pay
Starting pay was not great but did help me get forklift certified
My family :)
Administrative Assistant for Egypt General Manager (Former Employee), CairoJuly 25, 2014
It was fun, i worked, learned a lot.

- Most enjoyable part was in submitting the tenders and how we all make our best to win the tender.
Department Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 25, 2014
good people to work for, management very good, 7:00to3:30 ,climate controlled building
Very unstructured
Support Specialist II (Former Employee), AlpharettaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch on friday
Cons: everthing else
No knowledge base to learn the product. Currently changing the rules as they go. Unwillingness t listen to any ideas. Never had a team meeting. NCR Silver has been the worst job I ever had. I highly recommend no one works there. Management was the worst threatening people's jobs daily. A terrible environment for anyone.

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more