NCR

NCR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 31, 2014
Great place and nice people ...but long hours overall it's ok to work there
Good woking environment
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMarch 19, 2014
Pros: diverse work
Cons: family time
• Installed and serviced ATM and POS for major banks and large chain grocery stores.
• Provide onsite service in a professional and timely manner as per customer requirements.
• Working as part of NCR's installation team in Alberta, British Columbia, Toronto, Montreal, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
• Worked with NCR contractors servicing major retailers in Edmonton and Northern Alberta.
• Ability to gain client's trust by delivering services as promised with confidence.
I do not wish to comment
HRIS Project Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2014
I formed great relationships with the people worked with. The work was very interesting.
soccer player
Bilingual Financial Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2013
I liked the work place environment that was provided to me, I also liked the Professional attitude, the closeness (interpersonal communication between Managers and Employees).
Own gym and support program for staff
Account Manager, NCR (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: healthy work environment, mentally and professionally
Cons: factory closure and outsourcing
Working at NCR was from far the most positive and production environment.

The company promoted team players, input for improving any aspect of the factory and office.

I learned a lot of skills and they are promoting professional growth.
Loved the people. We were like family as we together 24-7
Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 22, 2012
Pros: never boring, great people in the field and office
Cons: high turnover, could be stressful
Came in got overview. Found out where all the techs were and orgainized your calls in order of priority and location. And started taking calls. I took max 160 calls in a day. Average was 70.

Supervising was easier. Covered the dispatchers on breaks and did phone audits and received esculations from clients.
Productive and high volume faculity
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: management respect hard working employees
Cons: over a year as temporary in a little excessive for me.
A typical day for me would be testing and inspecting P.O.S systems.
Entry-Level Job
CUSTOMER ENGINEER (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: company-provided health insurance, 401(k), company-provided cell phone and laptop
Cons: expensive healthcare, poor communication from upper management to field, no/little opportunity for advancement, no job security due to frequent restructuring of workforce
This is a full-time job that requires servicing various retail and financial customers throughout an assigned territory. On average, there were 30 CEs managed by a territory manager, and service calls were dispatched by a call center. Within a territory, the CEs were organized into teams of three to seven technicians. Each team would service its geographically assigned area. People skills are definitely a requirement, as well as knowledge of computer hardware and software.

The most difficult part of the job, was not being informed of the customer requirements ahead of time before being presented with a task. It forced the CE to put on a face of confidence, while trying to figured out what was needed to get the job done. Many times, it would require a repeat trip, or two, to a customer site and unnecessary equipment down-time.

On the other hand, the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was building a good rapport with customers, and being a part of keeping their businesses up and running.
Well known technology compay.
Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Very challenging and engaging opportunity. Great benefits and I worked with some great people. Upper management cannot relate to challenges and infrastructure issues.

The people I met were very hard working and talented. Some teams had a great sense of team work.
professional environment
Self-Service STAB (Former Employee), ArkansasJanuary 20, 2015
very organized workplace
willing to teach
professional environment
friendly workers
Too old to change
Annuity Order Analyst (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Back office systems are too old and antiquated to be salvaged yet a lot of money is spent on band-aiding these applications.
lots of numbers
Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2015
It was an exciting jobs, you would work with people who were in the other side of the world or in anther country. I enjoy working there, I also had the advantage to go to school and came back.
Muticutual company
Technical Manager (Current Employee), 北京市, C22January 3, 2015
Pros: regulare team activity.
Cons: annual leave, healthcare
Check email every morning to get any new information from NCR news team or solution management team, following of design/analysis the on going work and a review meeting with team for project progress.
I got knowledge of ATM structure, project process of NCR project developememnt.
NCR leadership is good to define the business future, but the different culture from different countries cuases it is slow to implement.
My co-workers are very keen and positive to life and job, I like to work and play badminton with them.
The hardest parts of the job is getting the 1st kit from manufacturing team when the modules is shortage.
I enjoyed to communicate with blobal team to know the country and culture.
Inside Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 25, 2014
People were great! Company communication was not so great.
Nice place to work with good environment
Implementer Consultant (Current Employee), Abu DhabiDecember 25, 2014
There is a lot of working trips you will have , learn a lot of new technologies , nice environment .
Field technician position working from home office
CUSTOMER ENGINEER (Current Employee), PittsburghDecember 19, 2014
Pros: company vehicle, healthcare
Cons: long hours, traveling long distances, retail hours
Territory for my area is about 100 square miles. Parts availability sometimes requires driving between two locations and the store that requires the replacement part and driving approximately 3 hours. Long hours are required depending upon the situation and the location of the call. There are times that a technician can get trapped at a store trying to fix numerous issues. Okay position for someone who has a spouse or a very understanding significant other who is okay with changing pace and working conditions. Schedule may frequently change depending on co-workers availability. Work - life balance very skewed unless you are very on top of your game and make plans early and inform management of these changes.
Great co-workers
NCR - Server Repair Tech (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 17, 2014
Great co-workers! Learned great skills at this company. This is NCR
Tech Support Specialist / Customer Engineer II (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn alot if you into technolgy
Cons: working long hours
A typical day at work for NCR is that someday your busy and some days it slow.

I learn a lot working with NCR because they are keeping up with the latest Technology and it has given me a chance to learn more.
Friendly and Result oriented culture
Senior Cash Operation Analyst (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 11, 2014
NCR is my second college where I have learned lots of thins in practical mode. I work everyday in very friendly and equally productive environment where I love to go each morning.
N/A
Systems Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TxDecember 11, 2014
- Great learning experience
- Great supervisors
- Multinational culture
- Great working environment
- Excellent co-workers
- Working in the lab, meetings, assignment tasks, emails, etc

1 2 3 4 5

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more