NCR

NCR Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good woking environment
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMarch 19, 2014
Pros: diverse work
Cons: family time
• Installed and serviced ATM and POS for major banks and large chain grocery stores.
• Provide onsite service in a professional and timely manner as per customer requirements.
• Working as part of NCR's installation team in Alberta, British Columbia, Toronto, Montreal, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
• Worked with NCR contractors servicing major retailers – more... in Edmonton and Northern Alberta.
• Ability to gain client's trust by delivering services as promised with confidence. – less
I do not wish to comment
HRIS Project Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2014
I formed great relationships with the people worked with. The work was very interesting.
soccer player
Bilingual Financial Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2013
I liked the work place environment that was provided to me, I also liked the Professional attitude, the closeness (interpersonal communication between Managers and Employees).
Own gym and support program for staff
Account Manager, NCR (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: healthy work environment, mentally and professionally
Cons: factory closure and outsourcing
Working at NCR was from far the most positive and production environment.

The company promoted team players, input for improving any aspect of the factory and office.

I learned a lot of skills and they are promoting professional growth.
Loved the people. We were like family as we together 24-7
Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 22, 2012
Pros: never boring, great people in the field and office
Cons: high turnover, could be stressful
Came in got overview. Found out where all the techs were and orgainized your calls in order of priority and location. And started taking calls. I took max 160 calls in a day. Average was 70.

Supervising was easier. Covered the dispatchers on breaks and did phone audits and received esculations from clients.
Good company until AT&T bought them out.
Process Development Technician (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCSeptember 18, 2014
Very employee-oriented company during my 11 year tenure. I was able to be creative. We developed many cutting edge products and technologies.
The work is good, the job could be much better
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: medical benefits are absurdly good
Cons: management just looks at the numbers, retail work is the redheaded stepchild of the company (all they care about is atms)
Work starts at 8am and if you're lucky you're finished by 10pm. Travel can be up to 200 miles a day or more, but they give you a car for work. I've had 5 managers in my 2 years, it's a revolving door. My current manager's catchphrase is "If you don't like it, maybe you're in the wrong line of work." My coworkers are, mostly, great; some people need – more... to go back to training for a few more weeks. The hardest part of my job is getting snapped at by our dispatchers or manager for being at a single location for too long, They want us to diagnose, fix, and leave within 30-45 minutes. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you've been working on a big job that people are having trouble fixing and you finally put it back together and everything works perfectly (but then you get an email asking why it took you 2 hours to tear a 150 lb piece of equipment down to frame to fix the issue) – less
Intern (Former Employee), Karachi, PSDSeptember 18, 2014
- Sufficient Work load
-Time Management under pressure, Work Management, Team Work
- Friendly Environment
Virtual Job, never meet manager(s) or other comapany employee
Senior Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: established company, global exposure, company vehical, training
Cons: poor contracts with customers, unbid to win contract and no monies to keep their employees working.
Only lasted 6 months with the company and then was laid off, (Reduction in work force) due to contract under bid with Siemens for telcom services.
Not a very good place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 9, 2014
If you like to work long hours and very hard with little pay then this is the job for you.
Site move over sea
IT Technical consultant, U.S. Field Operations (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARSeptember 9, 2014
enjoyed my job. One man operation. I was on call 24/7 365 days a year. I did not miss a day of work in over 19 years.
Productive and Fun workplace
SAP HANA MODELER (Former Employee), Germantown, MDSeptember 9, 2014
having a great experience in this company.........and also i had learned how to solve my issues regarding difficult queries........
Productive and professional environment
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), VirtualSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: top it department, best practices in use.
Great people, very professional and committed. Great school.
ping pong table
Intake/Outtake Specialist (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 7, 2014
Logistic Associate (Current Employee), peachtree city gaSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
cherry picker, receving, and shipping
how to work with fun and loving people
don't care about you
na
Great organisation to work for ,wonderful systems and people.I would rate the 10/10
Manager - Human Resources (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: wonderful people, great work life balance, great systems, awesome culture, superb boss and managers.
Cons: career progression for hr hardly given, not many opportunities available in india.
Overall a great company to work for,amazing people,great culture,system and good management.
HR systems quite mature and continuous improvements happening all the time.I personally got may good training opportunities at NCR and the Six Sigma Green Belt certification was one of them.
I would have never left such a great organisation but had to relocate – more... with family.Leaving NCR due to my personal reasons is the biggest regrets of my life.
Given an opportunity , I would love to join them back. – less
Environment
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Great work environment! It's very easy to become attached to co-workers.
Very Structured Corporate Environment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: corporate minded people will thrive in this environment.
Cons: not a small family environment where everyone knows each other.
This is a very fast paced environment that will keep your skill set sharp.
Good place to start a career in IT. Very competitive
Senior Help Desk Analyst / Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good place to learn level 1 it
Cons: call center advancement is very limited
Not racially balanced in management positions. Frequent instances of nepotism and blatant favoritism.
Mgmt style has changed over years - it's all about outsourcing jobs to Serbia
Director (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 5, 2014
Was a fun place to work until the only thing that mattered was making the Qtr'ly results - regardless of customer impact.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more