NCR

NCR Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I do not wish to comment
HRIS Project Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2014
I formed great relationships with the people worked with. The work was very interesting.
soccer player
Bilingual Financial Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2013
I liked the work place environment that was provided to me, I also liked the Professional attitude, the closeness (interpersonal communication between Managers and Employees).
Own gym and support program for staff
Account Manager, NCR (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: healthy work environment, mentally and professionally
Cons: factory closure and outsourcing
Working at NCR was from far the most positive and production environment.

The company promoted team players, input for improving any aspect of the factory and office.

I learned a lot of skills and they are promoting professional growth.
Loved the people. We were like family as we together 24-7
Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 22, 2012
Pros: never boring, great people in the field and office
Cons: high turnover, could be stressful
Came in got overview. Found out where all the techs were and orgainized your calls in order of priority and location. And started taking calls. I took max 160 calls in a day. Average was 70.

Supervising was easier. Covered the dispatchers on breaks and did phone audits and received esculations from clients.
Great engineer pool
Customer Engineer II (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: world class training on equipment
Cons: poor training on key tools needed to do job
A ton of training but not enough on some key aspects of your job like inventory and using software on your phone for service.
fun place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: onboarding process takes too long
very flexible environment. Will be getting a ping pong table shortly.
Slow Technology company
HR Consultant (Current Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 14, 2014
Great people to work with but company has some improving to do.
Easy going
Production (Former Employee), Columbus GAOctober 13, 2014
Really enjoyed working for this company . Real easy going .Co workers were very friendly .
Great Place
Project Program Business Mtg. Analyst (Former Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 10, 2014
Great place to work. Loved my job.. That's it. What are you looking for. OMG..
Fast paced work enviorment
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 6, 2014
Answered calls in regards to customer products and assisted callers with returning the product and making sure their account was credited. Adjusted billing on accounts and issued refunds as needed
fun place to work. did things like halloween costume contests and special days during the year.
Packer. shipping and recieving. (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good raises. fun times. the employee relationships.
Cons: finely went out of business
I packed computers into boxes. also did some shipping . Pulled parts from enventory. Had many co-workers during the years and most were friends. I did not consider anything hard. The special days such as halloween, baking contests, chili contests were lots of fun and the big Christmas parties were great.
Overall, a good company in which to work.
Group Leader (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 3, 2014
Cons: healthcare costs
Teammates are the most enjoyable part but changing schedules is difficult if you are a single parent. Management has hard decisions to make and do the best the can with the cards they are dealt.
Productive and Friendly environment to work in
NCR-Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Peachtree city, gaOctober 3, 2014
-Typical day at work was at a pretty smooth pace
-I learned different systems that i've never worked with before
-Management was nice and also stern when need be
-My co-workers were nice and friendly. Made the workday a good day
-Hardest thing in customer service over phones are having to handle irate customers at times.
-The most enjoyable was making – more... sure our customers hung up with us happy. – less
If you like working 75+ hour weeks, including nights, holidays and weekends, this job is for you
Field Service/Network Engineer (Former Employee), Mid Atlantic regionOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, company vehicle.
Cons: 6 day weeks, mandatory on call and overtime, poorly managed.
This company promises their customers the world, but offers its service by prioritizing the size of the account. If you are a small business, you will receive service after the "big fish" have been taken care of. Since there are never enough people working, wasted hours of travel is necessary, most times passing one customers site to service the "priority – more... call" only to back track later. This all adds up to wasted resources, needless overtime, many lost contracts and law suits. Scheduling includes a 6 day week,11 hour days, and being called in early and forced staying late thanks to managements "availability" plan, which means when your not on the clock you are still on call. After being a 19 year employee the last straw was when management started assigning vacation time. This company is the one to work for if you don't want a life ,and don't mind missing birthdays and other family functions. Other plans can not be made since the schedules are sent out Sunday night for the following Monday. In my 19 years they have never layed off field engineers, they are either fired or forced to resign. In the group I was in the average employee has less than 7 years which makes one think. – less
This employer has turned from a great company to trash
Computer Tech (Current Employee), Fargo, NDSeptember 28, 2014
This company has found every way to make sure employees work through their lunch breaks, no notice schedule changes, and sends good techs away from home with no notice to suit their needs. the 401k has all but gone away from employer match.
ESXCE;ENT POSITION
Multi-Vendor Help Desk (Current Employee), columbus gaSeptember 26, 2014
Typical day at work was to trouble shoot items in a retail environmant. Calls would comein . i would emote into equipment and trouble shoot issues until resolution was found. If no resoultion, The ticket would be escalated to upper levels of the tech support team.
good company benefits
Global Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 22, 2014
no job security wonderful co-workers good company benefits.
Good company until AT&T bought them out.
Process Development Technician (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCSeptember 18, 2014
Very employee-oriented company during my 11 year tenure. I was able to be creative. We developed many cutting edge products and technologies.
The work is good, the job could be much better
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: medical benefits are absurdly good
Cons: management just looks at the numbers, retail work is the redheaded stepchild of the company (all they care about is atms)
Work starts at 8am and if you're lucky you're finished by 10pm. Travel can be up to 200 miles a day or more, but they give you a car for work. I've had 5 managers in my 2 years, it's a revolving door. My current manager's catchphrase is "If you don't like it, maybe you're in the wrong line of work." My coworkers are, mostly, great; some people need – more... to go back to training for a few more weeks. The hardest part of my job is getting snapped at by our dispatchers or manager for being at a single location for too long, They want us to diagnose, fix, and leave within 30-45 minutes. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you've been working on a big job that people are having trouble fixing and you finally put it back together and everything works perfectly (but then you get an email asking why it took you 2 hours to tear a 150 lb piece of equipment down to frame to fix the issue) – less
Intern (Former Employee), Karachi, PSDSeptember 18, 2014
- Sufficient Work load
-Time Management under pressure, Work Management, Team Work
- Friendly Environment

1 2 3 4 5

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more