NCR Employee Reviews in Canada

Very unprofessional management
Client support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 28, 2016
The management in different departments is very rude to employees. They are often shouting and being condescending even though they don't understand what the nature of the job is. There's a lot of swearing in the rooms and no corporate events whatsoever.
Pros
Cafeteria in the building
Cons
Poor management
Productive, friendly environment
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 13, 2016
Typical work day is to complete all assigned tasked,
I have learned that the customer was our number one priority both internal and external
Working at this company the environment was friendly,everyone was courteous and respectful to each other. My co-workers was a second family.
Fun and challenging workplace
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2016
A typical day at NCR involves challenging opportunities every time. I learned how to manage my time and my priorities. The management and co-workers are open and are willing to help whenever I need help with anything.
Fast pace
Helpdesk Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2016
No team work. Personnel need more training. Shift hours atypical. But work is interesting. These comments are my opinion based on few months there. it might changed.
Service Call for Canada Post
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2015
Call is received from SCI where details regarding issue at Canada Post location are discussed and emailed.

Arriving on-site speak to manager/employees about issue called in, and call made to check in with support desk.

Machinery is diagnosed and as per instructions (depending on issue), procedure is followed to uninstall and solve issue with parts provided.

If issue not able to be directly solved, support desk will try aiding the situation, if can not be solved, the issue will be escalated to try better fixing problem.

When issue is resolved, call is made complete, time check out with support desk and service call is complete.
Pros
Great environment, flexible working hours, great support team
Cons
On-call
Great Company to work for
Field Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
This company cares about its employees. I worked the later shift and they always made sure we were still a part of the events such a pot lucks and Christmas events. They were always training us and even offered a points system redeemable for cool items. This was a very fast paced job so it was never boring. I would go back to this company in a heartbeat.
Pros
Excellent pay
Productive and cooperative co-workers
Network Staging Technician (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 2, 2015
Busy work environment.
Learning environment
Supportive Co-worker
Low payrate
Supportive Management
Mostly focus on customer services.
Work effectively with good process
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 7, 2015
The company is a traditional industry high tech company. It is good place.

The co-workers are nice and supportive. The company grew fast last year.
Productive and fun enviroment
Technical Help Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Amazing company to work for, staff is great, I have been here for 9 years plus. The company is outsourced to a different country.
Great environment, hard working people
Mechanical Design Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Demanding environment, however they play hard too. There is a culture of creativity and support that is amazing to be a part of. Every Friday is some sort of treat - ice cream in the summer and cookies and hot chocolate in the winter. The people you are surrounded by are brilliant and extremely caring; everyone there will go out of their way to help another person. Your schedule is relatively flexible and they do their best to optimize your working environment.
Pros
creative, hard working environment
Cons
can be too demanding for some people
Good woking environment
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaMarch 19, 2014
• Installed and serviced ATM and POS for major banks and large chain grocery stores.
• Provide onsite service in a professional and timely manner as per customer requirements.
• Working as part of NCR's installation team in Alberta, British Columbia, Toronto, Montreal, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
• Worked with NCR contractors servicing major retailers in Edmonton and Northern Alberta.
• Ability to gain client's trust by delivering services as promised with confidence.
Pros
diverse work
Cons
family time
Great place
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 31, 2014
Great place and nice people ...but long hours overall it's ok to work there
Loved the people. We were like family as we together 24-7
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 22, 2012
Came in got overview. Found out where all the techs were and orgainized your calls in order of priority and location. And started taking calls. I took max 160 calls in a day. Average was 70.

Supervising was easier. Covered the dispatchers on breaks and did phone audits and received esculations from clients.
Pros
never boring, great people in the field and office
Cons
high turnover, could be stressful
soccer player
Bilingual Financial Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2013
I liked the work place environment that was provided to me, I also liked the Professional attitude, the closeness (interpersonal communication between Managers and Employees).
I do not wish to comment
HRIS Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2014
I formed great relationships with the people worked with. The work was very interesting.