NCR

NCR Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good woking environment
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMarch 19, 2014
Pros: diverse work
Cons: family time
• Installed and serviced ATM and POS for major banks and large chain grocery stores.
• Provide onsite service in a professional and timely manner as per customer requirements.
• Working as part of NCR's installation team in Alberta, British Columbia, Toronto, Montreal, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
• Worked with NCR contractors servicing major retailers – more... in Edmonton and Northern Alberta.
• Ability to gain client's trust by delivering services as promised with confidence. – less
I do not wish to comment
HRIS Project Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2014
I formed great relationships with the people worked with. The work was very interesting.
soccer player
Bilingual Financial Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2013
I liked the work place environment that was provided to me, I also liked the Professional attitude, the closeness (interpersonal communication between Managers and Employees).
Own gym and support program for staff
Account Manager, NCR (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: healthy work environment, mentally and professionally
Cons: factory closure and outsourcing
Working at NCR was from far the most positive and production environment.

The company promoted team players, input for improving any aspect of the factory and office.

I learned a lot of skills and they are promoting professional growth.
Loved the people. We were like family as we together 24-7
Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 22, 2012
Pros: never boring, great people in the field and office
Cons: high turnover, could be stressful
Came in got overview. Found out where all the techs were and orgainized your calls in order of priority and location. And started taking calls. I took max 160 calls in a day. Average was 70.

Supervising was easier. Covered the dispatchers on breaks and did phone audits and received esculations from clients.
Good stepping stone
IT Analyst, MCSE, MCP+I (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: management
Love working with the people. NCR does a lot of things right but they do not take of their people. They are a revolving door.
Group is great, company as a whole is mediocre
Platform Software Engineer (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: environment. team
Cons: processes. corporate overhead.
I enjoy the team that I work with. We are supportive yet critical of one anothers' work. We continually work to improve the quality of the products that we produce. I feel that the organization as a while is focused on cost rather than quality of solutions. There is a lot of overhead due to existing protocol.
Oracle DBA and Developer (Former Employee), PakistanAugust 12, 2014
i enjoy solving problems
i learned technical things and enhance my management skills
All are cooperative if you are cooperative
if you have short of staff in the office
To solve problems
I wouldn't recommend NCR Silver to my worst enemy
NCR Silver/Technical Support (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GaAugust 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: better management
Terrible!! Terrible!!!! Management, Unorganized, and very Unprofessional, No actual training at all with the products just a powerpoint overload and you start taking calls your 4th or 5th day there,
You are tier 1,2, and 3 no one to escalate cases to when you are stuck.
When asking management for help you receive no answer but if you don't close the – more... case you are the one that takes the heat
No team meetings just strictly on calls all day so you never receive updates about new things changing with the system until someone calls about it and even you are unaware of these changes.
Very Very High call volume because management refuses to hire new talent and will cuss and fuss at the team for having too many calls in the queue.
The turnover rate is also very high so I wouldn't quit my job if I were you. Instead of investing time to properly train reps they will go through PRG (their temp provider) to hire new talent and fire the ones they have on the floor without giving any type of warning.
There are only 8-10 reps working a 24 hour call center. If someone calls out you receive messages at 6 am. asking you to come in on your days off. If you decline to come in then you may be fired because they want to run you like a machine. You no longer have consecutive days off so your days off may be Monday and Thursday or other random days. The compensation is also not great for the work you actually do.
No holidays No weekends you name the worst they have it.

What makes this so bad is that they try to make a good first impression when interviewing you but will not speak to you when getting on the floor. – less
Was a great place to work....
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 5, 2014
Pros: solid on pto
Cons: lack of care for the average employee
Middle to upper management needs to be removed. Radiant Systems was a great place to work and then NCR took over. Lots of miscommunication internally and it seems to have gotten worse.
very demanding
Systems Quality Analyst II (Former Employee), fort worth, txAugust 4, 2014
Pros: learn new products
Cons: too demanding
Overloaded with several projects and short deliverable times.
Good Place to Work
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee), HyderabadAugust 3, 2014
Good Work-Life Balance, Supportive Teams. Can learn a lot of things. But used to old technologies .
Too Many Incompetent Executives
Global Supply Chain (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: beats the max ga unemployment insurance benefits
Cons: incompetent employees
I worked for NCR for 7 years and was RIF'. My functions weren't going away - I was. Evidently when you speak your mind, directors and executives get very threatened. Instead of contributing to the success of NCR as a whole the directors are only concerned with their bonus payouts.
This was one of the worst career moves ever! Think twice!!
Analyst (Former Employee), DuluthJuly 28, 2014
Pros: initially i could work remotely...but this changed
Cons: see my review..
I accepted an offer in 2013 with this company. I ended up having to leave after 8 months before likely being forced out. But I was going to leave anyhow. My manager NEVER had time for me. Never spent a single hour training me for the role itself. I was thrown into the deep after barely a couple week's training at best, and expected to learn a complicated – more... business and work large deals with little or no ongoing guidance.

Management at this company is very snooty! Their heads appear to be in the clouds. Two months into the job my duties changed materially - with very little warning and NO say-so. The processes were the worst I have ever seen in my professional career. Though they required process improvements as a part of my role, my managers would not even so much as reply to my email, much less sit down and really listen to my concerns/ issues. The culture was not to my liking. Alot of showboating during meetings, grand-standing and throwing folks under the bus. Most people don't even speak! The Sales team will do most anything to get a deal done - including outright lie!!

All in all I found it to be a lacklustre work environment with a lot of politics and poor management from the top down. Few opportunities exist.Had to leave as my health was being impacted negatively. Life is much better since. – less
A pioneer company in the ATM industry
Services Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 26, 2014
Pros: work from home allowed ... not strict on office attendance
Cons: overloading at some levels
An organisation where the employees are respected within the team and even the customers do share very high gratitude towards the NCR employees.
ok experience
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: low pay
Starting pay was not great but did help me get forklift certified
My family :)
Administrative Assistant for Egypt General Manager (Former Employee), CairoJuly 25, 2014
It was fun, i worked, learned a lot.

- Most enjoyable part was in submitting the tenders and how we all make our best to win the tender.
Department Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 25, 2014
good people to work for, management very good, 7:00to3:30 ,climate controlled building
Very unstructured
Support Specialist II (Former Employee), AlpharettaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch on friday
Cons: everthing else
No knowledge base to learn the product. Currently changing the rules as they go. Unwillingness t listen to any ideas. Never had a team meeting. NCR Silver has been the worst job I ever had. I highly recommend no one works there. Management was the worst threatening people's jobs daily. A terrible environment for anyone.
Look Elsewhere
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2014
A few years ago, I would have said this was a great place to work. In 2011, everything changed. Upper management does not care about the technicians anymore. We're just numbers on a page. Morale is very low. Although a recent survey said 30% of us might leave for another company. Based on conversations, I'd say it's more like 70% or higher. No one is – more... happy on the job, and many are afraid to speak up. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more