NCR

NCR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 31, 2014
Great place and nice people ...but long hours overall it's ok to work there
Good woking environment
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMarch 19, 2014
Pros: diverse work
Cons: family time
• Installed and serviced ATM and POS for major banks and large chain grocery stores.
• Provide onsite service in a professional and timely manner as per customer requirements.
• Working as part of NCR's installation team in Alberta, British Columbia, Toronto, Montreal, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
• Worked with NCR contractors servicing major retailers – more... in Edmonton and Northern Alberta.
• Ability to gain client's trust by delivering services as promised with confidence. – less
I do not wish to comment
HRIS Project Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2014
I formed great relationships with the people worked with. The work was very interesting.
soccer player
Bilingual Financial Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 15, 2013
I liked the work place environment that was provided to me, I also liked the Professional attitude, the closeness (interpersonal communication between Managers and Employees).
Own gym and support program for staff
Account Manager, NCR (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: healthy work environment, mentally and professionally
Cons: factory closure and outsourcing
Working at NCR was from far the most positive and production environment.

The company promoted team players, input for improving any aspect of the factory and office.

I learned a lot of skills and they are promoting professional growth.
Loved the people. We were like family as we together 24-7
Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 22, 2012
Pros: never boring, great people in the field and office
Cons: high turnover, could be stressful
Came in got overview. Found out where all the techs were and orgainized your calls in order of priority and location. And started taking calls. I took max 160 calls in a day. Average was 70.

Supervising was easier. Covered the dispatchers on breaks and did phone audits and received esculations from clients.
worst place I have ever worked
Attorney (Former Employee), Duluth, GANovember 20, 2014
The management was permitted -- even encouraged - to ride roughshod over employees. They demanded endless hours including nights and weekends with not even an occasional thank you. The company is just too large for its own good. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. I've never witnessed such disorganization before.
Productive and fun place to work
Solutions Engineer (Current Employee), Duluth, GANovember 19, 2014
A typical day includes reading/responding to emails, follow up phone calls and conference calls. The hardest part of the job is being on the call after hours however I enjoy my team and our comradery.
Broken Processes
Project Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
NCR is an example of a numbers only company. Financially forcasting is put before the client's needs. They run on broken processes that continue to create future support issues for clients that we do not have the resources to recitfy.
productive and rewarding workplace
Help Desk Agent (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 18, 2014
the job is mentally challenging, co-workers are great to work with
not a job for a family person
Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 13, 2014
this job is very stressful you work long hours and are set up to fail. the metrics they hold you to are not possible to obtain with out fudging the numbers. you are penalized for contractors and how they do their job. they worst part of this job was the manager you could never ask for help with out being them being condescending towards you or complain – more... about one of your team mates to you. the management created a hostile work environment. the only thing that made it fun to work thier was my co workers becasue no matter what happen we could rely on each other to help get the job down. – less
Productive and fun place to learn new things
C++ Developer (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2014
Productive and fun place to learn new things and to explore more on the technologies leant. Very good management and nice co-workers who make a typical day very interesting.
Good work life balance with a lot to learn for new to industry employees
IT PROCESS & QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaNovember 12, 2014
NCR gave me an opportunity to have a overall knowledge of different aspects of the organization, not confining just to the work concerning my area. It focussed largely on the overall development of the employee.
good
ATM Software and Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), Abbottabad, KPKNovember 9, 2014
Pros: tada
Cons: healthcare
i learned everyday new changeable issue software and hardware of ATM.
Job is nothing but digging ditches
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), Mobile, ALNovember 6, 2014
Pros: nono
Cons: tons
They need to go out of business . They have owned the industry for many years and bow down to the mighty stock holder. Dont exoect to advance or be anyone at this company.
Enjoyed, and hated I had to leave
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GANovember 5, 2014
You don't have to take your work home. Pretty cut and dry, if you do your work.
Company Performance Targets
Field Engineer (Former Employee), ScotlandNovember 5, 2014
Cons: expected to stay to fix fault at end of shift if already on site.
The company work on the basis of targets that nobody can meet as all targets contradict each other, to hit one target means to neglect another, it is a no win situation for any field engineer with this company.
Stay far far away from this company.
Customer Engineer II (Former Employee), VAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: company car and gas card
Cons: unreal hours expected and no respect or support for the tech in the field
This company will work you to death and not live up to anything they promise you when you get hired. Will tell you anything to get you in the door and then just say the rules have changed deal with it. Very poor local management running techs into the ground until they break. Local manager has even said he would rather have willing employees instead – more... of able employees. Another words techs that will put up with whatever NCR dumps on them instead of techs who actually know what they are doing. If anything happens with a customer they will not even investigate it is always the techs fault even if it really is due to lack of training and account support. NCR training on new products is basically watch a Youtube video and good luck. Forget any family time as constant overtime and on call hours are increasingly demanded to meet over promised expectations to customers. Do not believe anything that a local manager promises at time of hire. This can change like the wind and does weekly. – less
It was a great place to work.
Call Center Care Agent (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: it's a great company
Cons: they changed my 1st shift position to a 2nd shift position.
I loved working for NCR. I really enjoy intercacting with the CEOs that called in to order parts. Overall, it was a great environment to work in.
Great company to work with
Tax Director (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: provided great challenges.
Cons: just caught into an issue of cost and hence restured.
Was given a great opportunity to prove my capabilities.

Advanced well in the company moved from Branch Controller to Tax Director.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more