NCO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
Collections Agent (Current Employee), Brantford, ONApril 12, 2015
• Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owe.
• Handle each call promptly and in the correct manner, updating records accordingly.
• Collect payments or make payment arrangements on past due accounts.
• Advise customers of next steps, fees, due dates, timelines, and other valid rogers information.
• Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds.
• Ensuring all contact information of the customer is up to date and correct.
• Follow strict Company policies and procedures at all times, ensuring that legislative requirements are met.
• Manage customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm.
Poor depressing company to work for
Collector (Former Employee), Montreal, QcSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: next to a metro
Cons: depressing american cultured company
Calling people to tell them they ows the company xyz money,

Poor depressing management that don't really care.

Dead end job, its a rotating door that will hire and fire anyone that shows up.

Forget about making a bonus...lol

Lack of professionalism

If you are too good, the managers will be nervous about loosing there job to you so they will find a way to fire you.
Great place to work, learned a lot about sales and computer preograms
Inbound Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: incentives/bonuses
A typical day at work was logging into all the different programs as well as phone. Then answering incoming calls and either transferring to correct Sprint departments or selling products and services to customer. I learned a lot about customer service as well as up selling products and different computer programs. Management was great, always there if you needed to ask any questions etc. Co workers we're all very friendly. Hardest part of the job was learning all of the different techniques to up selling accessories and products at first. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience and knowledge that I was able to gain from working there.
Good Place to Work
Collector & Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: get a long lunch, have incentives, friendly staff
Cons: long hours sitting at a desk, have to sign in and out for washroom breaks, have to hit monthly quotas
I find they work similar to other call centers. I have worked for a few. They hire both full-time and part-time employees. They have a decent wage, and if you are good you can make great commissions depending on the projects you're working on. The hardest part of the job would be playing the 'bad cop'. I find it a strategic balance to be stern and convey urgency without being rude. I've seen other collectors who are rude, and there's no reason for it. You don't know the person's story. You don't want to make the job personal though. They try to create incentives to make the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
Loved the hours
Customer Service (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 19, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: i don't think there were any.
There was always over time. The co-workers were great, as were the management and I liked the work itself. The hardest part of the job was the people who called in completely frustrated and ready to yell; however the best part of the job was calming these people down and closing the conversation in a mutually satisfying agreement or understanding. I enjoyed solving people's problems, and ensuring they were getting the best service for their money. This job made me realize that every single employee leaves a lasting impression to the customer, and even one bad call could jeopardize an entire companies reputation.
I took pride in my work and I cared for every single one of the people I served no matter how difficult.
I learned true empathy and I treated everyone how I'd want to be treated.
great
Account Receivable Agent (Current Employee), MontrealMay 13, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: dealing with rude people
Always have positive attitude,nice place to work.Every day
you get to know people and learn to prioritize
Manager,supervisor and co-worker very helpful and team spirit oriented.challenging in a way we have a target to hit
productive and fun place
financial collector (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 21, 2014
the hardest part was being too patient with the insults of the customers who try to escape from their payments.
but the management and the co-workers were terrific.
All work and no play
Call center agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 11, 2014
long hours,not well paid, We did have a dragon boat team that i joined, volunteered for the big bike run for the heart and stroke foundation.
Business was not professional
Inbound Call Rep/Supervisor (Former Employee), Delta, BCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free training
Cons: salary was poor, schedualing was not flexible
A typical day at work was Taking calls from clients about their cell phone services or products.
I learned that I was glad we didn't have sprint or t-mobile in Canada.
Management was not helpful or hardly ever available.
Co-workers were always horse playing and doing little work.
Hardest part of my job was doing more work because other employee's were too busy slacking off.
Nothing much was enjoyable about my job at NCO
a
Agent, Supervisor, NCO (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 20, 2013
Pros: a
Cons: a
greeting agents, and other staff members, checking emails and setting out what I had to do daily
fun workplace and very rewarding
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Clark Freeport Zone, P03November 15, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: graveyardshift
The company was good to me, with good salary. They give reward to hardworking and diligent workers.
Bill Payments and Payment Plans
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 6, 2013
In this company I worked for a few contractors, as it is a debt collection/bill payment industry, I was not very fond of the scripted work and the limitations we had as Canadian Service Reps as most of the businesses we contracted for were in America
Worst company ever
Collector (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 1, 2013
Cons: nothing is good at this company.worst company ever
Worked as a collector for this company. It is a modern slavery factory: low wages (10-12/hours), discrimination and racism, bullying from managers, high staff turnover
Outsourced Call Centre with many comapnies
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 9, 2013
Average call center with short-term contracts and no guaranteed employment
It an okay job for now
Sales (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 10, 2013
It is sales base..the people are nice ...it is hard to make sales sometimes because there are not good leads. I think full time is long days and it is stressful ..
Competitive and fast pace
Collection Representive (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 22, 2013
I learned how to make payment arrangements over the phone.
I only had incoming calls only.
Friendly co-workers.
Collections
Bill Collector (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2013
Cons: didnt enjoy the working conditions.
Calling customers on outstanding accounts and setting up payment arrangements to pay these debts off.
i enjoyed the people i worked with and it was secure but the actual work was just not for me.
Customer services operator (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: good managment
Cons: being in a desk all day
Working at NCO had alot of benifits to it and i did work with great people and my management was great, working on the phones i learned great people skills and how to deal with bad situations and to stay calm. I do enjoy working with people but being there working in a cubical was not for me so i am seeking for a job with more human interaction with people.
Terrible, from aesthetics to human treatment.
Account Assistance, Capitol One (Former Employee), Montreal, QC, CanadaJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: maybe 2 out of 10 managers are friendly and understanding.
Cons: outdated equipment, zero regard for ergonomics, detached management, cold and pointless punishment, irrational standards for human beings on a psychological level.
This place is as sterile, lifeless, and unchallenging as they come. A couple managers have a little spirit and humor, sure, but otherwise you're looking at an ultra brain-dead "Office Space" environment straight from the film of the same name, except not funny in the least. This place will test your sanity, due to the extremely low work flow resulting in massive boredom, crossed with unnecessarily harsh floor rules that literally trap you in one place - at your cubicle - and punish you for the slightest showing of humanity.

Exaggerated? I think not. Try working the Fraud department for Capitol One in Montreal. When the work flow is slow and there simply are no cases to review (and I mean NONE, not like a few and people are putting them off. NONE), you are not even allowed a book, magazine, pen and paper - ANYTHING - to doodle, read, or otherwise pass the time when there is NO work and NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR BE GIVEN TO DO.

Turning to talk to your neighbor? Reprimanded. Browsing Google search results (the only internet access not blocked)? Reprimanded. More than once and you're written up and sent home. You are literally expected to sit there, stare at your screen, and keep Refreshing your work program in the hopes new work comes in... which on average, nets you maybe ONE case in a 3 hour window. Again, I've lived this, and am not exaggerating. I never thought I'd work someplace where I actually begged for MORE WORK TO DO!!

"What am I supposed to do then?? There is no work coming in!!" numerous workers plea to their managers when yelled at for surfing Google search results – more... (the only loophole luxury on the floor), to which their zombified superiors reply "Keep refreshing in case something comes in"... or "keep calling customers" (who you've already called once for the day and can't leave more than one message for in a 24 hr window)... they don't even know what to say, because there is nothing to say.

I'm not a dramatic person but seriously.... all they need are whips and shackles to complete the picture. The newest computer monitor on my floor is from 2002. I checked the barcode. There's also a common war for a good chair to sit in as many are busted, leaning, and stuffing torn out... Forget about appropriate ergonomics. This place is ghetto as hell.

If you'd like to better understand the mammoth amount of civilian complaints against this company that circulate online, regarding annoying calls and harassment, then you need only WORK HERE and see for yourself... the poor workers have NO ONE ELSE TO CALL, for weeks at a time, NOTHING THEY'RE ALLOWED ELSE TO DO. NOTHING BUT SIT AND HOPE FOR WORK. – less
call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 31, 2012
There was a lot of new things happening. New verbiage, dealing with customers. We had quotas to meet and it was interesting.