NCO Group Employee Reviews

Fun to work at, but little to no advancement opportunity
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2014
Tons of fun to work with likeminded students, but burger flipping gets old fast. Not to mention, no matter how hard you work, you still can't advance, and you're not compensated in any way for excelling and going beyond expectations.

I trained half of the staff that was present when I changed jobs and was never promoted or given a raise.
Pros
Great discounts, Great mood
Cons
Little to no opportunity of advancement
Poor depressing company to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc21 September 2014
Calling people to tell them they ows the company xyz money,

Poor depressing management that don't really care.

Dead end job, its a rotating door that will hire and fire anyone that shows up.

Forget about making a bonus...lol

Lack of professionalism

If you are too good, the managers will be nervous about loosing there job to you so they will find a way to fire you.
Pros
Next to a metro
Cons
Depressing american cultured company
Great place to work, learned a lot about sales and computer preograms
Inbound Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 September 2014
A typical day at work was logging into all the different programs as well as phone. Then answering incoming calls and either transferring to correct Sprint departments or selling products and services to customer. I learned a lot about customer service as well as up selling products and different computer programs. Management was great, always there if you needed to ask any questions etc. Co workers we're all very friendly. Hardest part of the job was learning all of the different techniques to up selling accessories and products at first. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience and knowledge that I was able to gain from working there.
Pros
incentives/bonuses
Very team oriented made you feel apart of something good
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2014
7AM start
A team leader would give a pep talk and expectations for the day
as well whether or not there was any extra incentive for the day.
We would all be trying to secure payments for outstanding Student loans. But the floor would be split in to teams so we could compete for different extra incentives like going home early or getting your Tim Hortons supplied by the other team.

Hardest part for me was calling someone and asking them for money
sometimes on debts from so long ago that the interest was greater then the original debt it self.

I liked the team atmosphere and the extra encouragement through exciting incentives.
Pros
If you were good you would be recognized
Cons
commission based competition takes away from the team feeling
Wouldn't recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 August 2014
Only good thing about this company are the employees. The management team for the campaign I was involved in had to much favoritism in it.
Challenging Enterprise
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2014
NCO is a daily challenging enterprise as one need to meet its daily requirements in terms of quality control, in dealing with customers and in the amount of money collecting per hour from customers.
However, it is a good experience as one is able to push oneself beyond its limit.
Pros
A guaranteed job
Cons
Low salary
Bonus
Team leader/Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2014
I would have to say the same applies to NCO as it did Gatestone
Pros
free lunches
Cons
suing people
Productive and great place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 July 2014
typical day is entering data of various different spreadsheets and updating info
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
Easy work, good management, good training.
Microsoft Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 July 2014
I had to review French ads at first. After this section was transfered to another location I was assigned to review ads in English.
Training was good, and trainers too.
Great team where people got along well.
People from different cultures, languages and religion: I learned a lot from all these people.
Pros
Easy work, good co-workers and management.
Cons
Even though it was repetive work, we all managed to make it interesting.
Good Place to Work
Collector & Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 July 2014
I find they work similar to other call centers. I have worked for a few. They hire both full-time and part-time employees. They have a decent wage, and if you are good you can make great commissions depending on the projects you're working on. The hardest part of the job would be playing the 'bad cop'. I find it a strategic balance to be stern and convey urgency without being rude. I've seen other collectors who are rude, and there's no reason for it. You don't know the person's story. You don't want to make the job personal though. They try to create incentives to make the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
Get a long lunch, have incentives, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours sitting at a desk, have to sign in and out for washroom breaks, have to hit monthly quotas
cut throat straight forward
Fraud Investigation (Former Employee) –  Montreal Quebec4 July 2014
Just woke making as many calls and analyzing the accounts calling banks identifying person to make sure they say whom they are seeing if they have the funds in the account for payment to go through
Pros
jack pot Fridays
A competitive work place
Accounts Receivable and Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2014
A working environment of collections over the phone where I had to compete with 60 other collector. It was a lots of fun working with such a big team. I learned how to talk over the phone to collect money from from customer and I was there best collector.
Fast paced and challenging work environment.
Accounts Receivable/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2014
Answering back to back customer calls about their cell phone service interruptions due to non-payments. Negotiating payment terms with customers to bring the account current.

I learned new things every day. I improved communication skills, negotiation skills, learned how to multi-task, how to keep up with colleagues while working and maintaining professionalism.

Very supportive Managers. Provided coaching at every opportunity so we continued to learn different ways of dealing with customers.
Pros
Employee recognition
fun place to work
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 May 2014
I learned how to deal with tough situations and understand that everyones financial situation is different and sometimes you just don't have it. My co workers and i got along very well .Hardest part of the job was to make goal but wasn't so hard to make sales . I had left just to go back to school at that time.
Pros
bonuses were good
Cons
reaching goal sometimes
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 May 2014
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck
Pros
Cons
Worst
Loved the hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 May 2014
There was always over time. The co-workers were great, as were the management and I liked the work itself. The hardest part of the job was the people who called in completely frustrated and ready to yell; however the best part of the job was calming these people down and closing the conversation in a mutually satisfying agreement or understanding. I enjoyed solving people's problems, and ensuring they were getting the best service for their money. This job made me realize that every single employee leaves a lasting impression to the customer, and even one bad call could jeopardize an entire companies reputation.
I took pride in my work and I cared for every single one of the people I served no matter how difficult.
I learned true empathy and I treated everyone how I'd want to be treated.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
I don't think there were any.
great
Account Receivable Agent (Current Employee) –  Montreal13 May 2014
Always have positive attitude,nice place to work.Every day
you get to know people and learn to prioritize
Manager,supervisor and co-worker very helpful and team spirit oriented.challenging in a way we have a target to hit
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
dealing with rude people
Fast-paced enviroment
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 May 2014
It is a job for those who can cope with deadlines, multitasking and have excellent phone manners.
Extremely customer service oriented
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 April 2014
Responsible for inbound and out bound calls.
Third party collector of debts incurred.
Handled sensitive information in a confidential manner.
The hardest part of the job was outbound calling to clients who did not want to pay.
The most enjoyable part of this employment was the feeling of accomplishment upon hitting quota.
Pros
Draw prizes every month
Cons
Irate clients
Good job for bilingual newcomers
Collecteur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 March 2014
Typically we had to speak with 13 customers every hour. Outgoing calls went uninterrupted. Usually I had no time to catch my breath. Occasionally I had to deal with irate customers. After 8 hours of this job I was rarely able to work extra hours.

I learned how to deal with human anger and that people are the same wherever you go.

Management tried to be accessible and if there was an issue, they were always there to offer you an advice and / or coaching. Great guys! They are professionals. They tried not to top customer-generated stress with unrealistic expectations.

My co-workers were great! The problem was that I barely knew most of them, since we tried not to speak during our breaks. Those I knew (from training and breaks) are great! But the issue is that you are always one on one with you customer and you have no time to speak with anybody else.

The hardest par of the job is that your throat and your butt is paining and there is no way to escape it since you are «wired» to you working place. Irate customers add to the hardships of workers.

I enjoyed the most the sense of fulfilment when I could deal a tough case of a nice customer or to calm down somebody who tried to play tough with me.
Pros
Good health care benefits
Cons
Work conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.