NCO Group Employee Reviews

Loved the hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 May 2014
There was always over time. The co-workers were great, as were the management and I liked the work itself. The hardest part of the job was the people who called in completely frustrated and ready to yell; however the best part of the job was calming these people down and closing the conversation in a mutually satisfying agreement or understanding. I enjoyed solving people's problems, and ensuring they were getting the best service for their money. This job made me realize that every single employee leaves a lasting impression to the customer, and even one bad call could jeopardize an entire companies reputation.
I took pride in my work and I cared for every single one of the people I served no matter how difficult.
I learned true empathy and I treated everyone how I'd want to be treated.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
I don't think there were any.
Great place, I miss it.
Inbound Telesales Representative. (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 March 2012
This was primarily a sales centre, but it wasn't incredibly high pressure. They were understanding and worked to assist agents that weren't making goal as opposed to terming them the moment they do as some centres do.
Pros
indoors, good management, flexible hours, decent commission.
Cons
difficult place to get to, late hours when starting, sales.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2014
• Worked with customers to answer questions regarding credit applications and credit ratings
• Provided credit decisions on new accounts and initiated disconnect process on delinquent accounts as necessary
• Resolved payment and credit concerns by effectively negotiating timely payment arrangements
Pros
good managemen
Cons
Energetic place with good colleagues
Telemarketing Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2014
The hardest part of this job was when you have to be well behaved with the customers who are yelli and cursing at you over the phone. You have to be pateince with them.
And the fun part was when you helped out someone with their debt and you get a commission for that.
Pros
Free saturday lunch
Cons
Over time would be one hour extra
Really demanding job
Fraud Investigation Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 March 2013
a typical day is full of fraud investigation with lots of calls to do in order to accomplish and finish your investigation. The best feeling...to catch a fraud and clear the case. To recieve apreciation from the costmuers when they are pleased about the worked that you did with/for them!!!
Pros
1 hour lunch, 2 breaks of 15 min each
Cons
10 hours a day
fun place to work
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 May 2014
I learned how to deal with tough situations and understand that everyones financial situation is different and sometimes you just don't have it. My co workers and i got along very well .Hardest part of the job was to make goal but wasn't so hard to make sales . I had left just to go back to school at that time.
Pros
bonuses were good
Cons
reaching goal sometimes
Hard work and after rest and taking good care of my self matters
Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada7 August 2012
A typical day at work is just concentrating on what i have to do to enhance productivity.Experience from work builds much confidence in me.I do have a good relationship with my co-workers and ready to learn or assist if there is a reason.
Be it work ,there aint any hard part because thats where i make my income
Productive and good place to work
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2012
Busy solving clients problems of how to pay their bills etc
I have learned to be patient, calm, hard working etc
My co-workers were pleasant.
The hardest part of the job is when you get hung up on the phone
Most enjoyable part of the job is getting bonus when you hit your goal at the end of the month
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fun work place because i worked in outbound so no pushing but still have to push our selves to get more bonus and get good quality
Fraud Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  montreal qc4 March 2013
learned how to handle convince people on the phone
what words have use on the phone when we talk to customers and understand the situation and use proper words ex-if they say my husband died say condolence, birthday have to wish, lost say sorry inconvinience say appology etc etc
how to work with group
good management care about employees, tried to give flexible time
co-workers mostly understand eachother and friendly and like a family
hardest part i don't find that much may be when customers yelling us on the phone when their credit card declined
more enjoyable part is also when customer yelling us on the phone with bad words.
Pros
have free lunches 3 times a year, bonus for encouraging employees, friendly supervisors
Cons
less salary more work
Good Place of work for those who wanna enter in CS profession.
Real Time Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 July 2012
As i said its a good place to work and learn, if you wanna enter in Customer service profession. but the company Management it self so bad, they know that people who are coming to work they are new so they are not offering good salary. Employee turn over is so high because of this issue.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2012
A tipical workday starts with logging in and speaking with Customers to setup payment arrangements. The hardest part is at times not able to come to a amicable solution to setup arrangements. I have learned how to deal with Irate customers. My co-workers treat each other with respect and like a family unit at work and are very close.
Great place to work!
CSR (Current Employee) –  Brantford10 February 2015
Great benefits package, with room for advancement and a good solid management team! Typical day at work includes assiting customer with the order inuires, updating there method of payments, arranging for refund and schedule deliveris. Co-workers are pleasant and always helpful. Enjoy my job very much
Challenging Enterprise
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2014
NCO is a daily challenging enterprise as one need to meet its daily requirements in terms of quality control, in dealing with customers and in the amount of money collecting per hour from customers.
However, it is a good experience as one is able to push oneself beyond its limit.
Pros
A guaranteed job
Cons
Low salary
Enjoyable work environment
Financial Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2012
-Accept inbound calls
-Assist customers with mobile accounts
-Answer questions about why cellular device is disconnected
-Accept payments via credit cards and debit cards
-Meet with supervisor periodically for overal performance review
Pros
management team was excellent
Cons
wages
very fun environment
Geek Squad Mission Controller (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2013
log into our computers and phones and start taking calls.
I learned many skills such as patience, simple computer troubleshooting such as wireless connection resolution, new computer programs specialized for GeekSquad, setting up in-house appointments for Technicians.
The management team was great, they were very helpful, patient and willing to take time out of their busy day to assist with supervisor calls and teaching new resolutions.
I have made a lot of great friends who were also co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme high call volumes and stress trying to figure out a solution for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping people with their issues and making new and good friends.
Pros
once a month pot lucks, free lunches and met great new friends
Cons
long hours, stressful trying to fix an issue when a few of the attempts did not work.
Productive, fast paced, service oriented work environment
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2014
Listening to agent-customer interactions to assure quality
Patience and perseverance
Helpful and friendly
Like a family
When a customer asks for what is not possible
To help resolve even the toughest of situations
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours at times
Very serious company
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2013
Nco is a typical collection agency where you have to be very focus and willing to solve any kind of problem.
Sometimes help from a supervisor or colleague is needed.
Is a friendly environment with a lot a pressure on certain moments.
Pros
very flexible dress code
Cons
no raise on the last couple of years
Patience was required
Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 March 2013
A typical day involved either helping people or having people angry at you.
I learned patience and restraint.
Hardest part of the job was waiting to be connected to a customer.
Most enjoyable was having people recognize I was there to help.
benefits
Cons
unstable employement
Area Manager/Supervisor(Operations)  (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 June 2013
Started my contact center career with NCO(formerly RMH). Great place to work, fantastic learnings,amazing managers.

Moved from a call takong role to an internal Monitoring Specialist-then to Team manager and finally Area Manager.
Pros
Self development
Cons
NCO got unioinized
A competitive work place
Accounts Receivable and Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2014
A working environment of collections over the phone where I had to compete with 60 other collector. It was a lots of fun working with such a big team. I learned how to talk over the phone to collect money from from customer and I was there best collector.

2.9