NCO Group Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
floor manager
Supervisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 23, 2013
Pros: oportunities to growup
Cons: relation betewen employ and employer
coordinate the floor, support the agents to collect, help the agents to follow up the costumer service, shadow the new agents, listen the calls to correct the problems with the agents
Coaching and Scheduling
APAC Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: disorganized, minimum wage
My bosses coached me well and understood my scheduling needs. It was a fun, sometimes stressful environment.
Worst company ever
Collector (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 1, 2013
Cons: nothing is good at this company.worst company ever
Worked as a collector for this company. It is a modern slavery factory: low wages (10-12/hours), discrimination and racism, bullying from managers, high staff turnover
Customer Service skills needed
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 20, 2013
Good customer serivce skills are needed. You start early and finish late.
A nice place to work in
Fraud Agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2013
My recent endeavor with NCO is a rewarding asset added to my professional portfolio. This job enriched me with the understanding of customers in a more diversified manner taking into consideration the consumer interaction, corporate culture an business practices in north America.

Working environment is excellent taking into consideration the Colleagues and Supervisors.
Did not promote good work ethic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: friends
Cons: bad work environment
Not a place that I would go back to, it was a company that advanced you based on who you knew and not how good your work was
Outsourced Call Centre with many comapnies
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 9, 2013
Average call center with short-term contracts and no guaranteed employment
People are NCO's strength
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 5, 2013
Pros: cash bonuses for sales for each week's sales.
Cons: late lunch hour
I had fun at NCO Customer Management. It was a challenge that renewed every day to reach my sales goals and I was happy to see that I my sales steadily rose. I loved speaking to the BMO clients across Canada. The sales agents on my team and on the rest of the floor were hardworking people and for the most part, very individual folk with good senses of humor. One of the best things every day was the daily pep talk after lunch. It was informative and entertaining and always put me in a good mood. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with days that were shortened when the campaign ran out of leads.
People are NCO's strength
Fraud Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough computers
NCO has a knack for finding and hiring the nicest people, I'm not kidding. I find that most of the employees there are very helpful, considerate and hardworking. The work is very interesting although sometimes a bit complicated as the procedures are often changed. But the work is always interesting. The hardest part of the job can be having to wait when there is not enough work to do on the odd occasion. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help someone who has been a victim of fraud.
Very well organized Call Centre.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 15, 2013
Pros: lots of fun and appreciated each employee.
Cons: sometimes the teams were very big lots of employees.
Lots of training and work shops on the job.

The management was very supportive and the incentive programs were excellent.

The benefits package was very good.
It an okay job for now
Sales (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 10, 2013
It is sales base..the people are nice ...it is hard to make sales sometimes because there are not good leads. I think full time is long days and it is stressful ..
A good place to work for dependable hours and salary
Enterprise Support E-mail Team Member (Former Employee), SarniaJuly 8, 2013
Pros: good wages, benefits
Cons: mean/angry customers
While many may not have the nicest things to say about working at NCO I didn't have any problems there. I came into do my job and left at the end of my shift. I was polite and helpful when needed. I learned sometimes when deal with customers over the phone you have to have tough skin. While they don't mean the things they say to you and you are just the next person for them to vent at it still hurts.
Area Manager/Supervisor(Operations) (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 22, 2013
Pros: self development
Cons: nco got unioinized
Started my contact center career with NCO(formerly RMH). Great place to work, fantastic learnings,amazing managers.

Moved from a call takong role to an internal Monitoring Specialist-then to Team manager and finally Area Manager.
Competitive and fast pace
Collection Representive (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 22, 2013
I learned how to make payment arrangements over the phone.
I only had incoming calls only.
Friendly co-workers.
Fun and easy
Fraud Agent/Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 17, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: minimum salary
It's fun to work at NCO! Has a diverse group of people, which you'll encounter in a daily basis. In fraud department (Capital One), we operate 7 days a week. What's nice in this department we have the option to work 4 days a week having 3 days off or 5 days a week having 2 days off whichever will suit you. You'll have a regular weekly team meeting with your supervisor and if there are updates that you need to know they will ask you to go online in Capital One University site. Supervisors and managers are approachable. I guess the hardest part of the job is having a night shift in your schedule meaning working until 11 pm. But in general, it's an easy job. I would recommend this job especially to those people who are studying or who are doing double jobs. What i learned in this company, since it has a diverse group of people you have to be careful and be sensitive to the beliefs of others. What is important is that you always respect each other and give a helping hand when others need it.
It was a fun place to work.
Telesales insurance agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 21, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: low pay
I would work the afternoon shift. I really learned how to sell and close sales. I really enjoyed the easy going management and coworkers as we all became friends.
bad job, decent hours
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Hamilton Ontario, Jackson SquareMay 17, 2013
Pros: as part time you can completly choose your hours
Cons: getting sworn at and hung up on, and being told to sell a certain way, but expected to break the rules to maintain your stats.
It is a shady telemarketing job, and the leads lists never get updated. If you want to call the same numbers 10-15 times per month, month after month after month, to try and sell the same products every time to these people, then this is the place for you.
fun training centre
Customer Service (Former Employee), surrey bcApril 30, 2013
Cons: has an extra 15 mins break
temporay seasonal job for 1 month in december great call centre experience
Developed Strong Communication Skills
Collections/ Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2013
This job developed my negotiation and phone communication skills.
Low wages, stressful environment
Supervisor/Trainer/Team Leader (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 12, 2013
low wages stressful environment, unfair management, very political
Headquarters