NCO Group Employee Reviews

A competitive work place
Accounts Receivable and Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2014
A working environment of collections over the phone where I had to compete with 60 other collector. It was a lots of fun working with such a big team. I learned how to talk over the phone to collect money from from customer and I was there best collector.
Fast paced and challenging work environment.
Accounts Receivable/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2014
Answering back to back customer calls about their cell phone service interruptions due to non-payments. Negotiating payment terms with customers to bring the account current.

I learned new things every day. I improved communication skills, negotiation skills, learned how to multi-task, how to keep up with colleagues while working and maintaining professionalism.

Very supportive Managers. Provided coaching at every opportunity so we continued to learn different ways of dealing with customers.
Pros
Employee recognition
fun place to work
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 May 2014
I learned how to deal with tough situations and understand that everyones financial situation is different and sometimes you just don't have it. My co workers and i got along very well .Hardest part of the job was to make goal but wasn't so hard to make sales . I had left just to go back to school at that time.
Pros
bonuses were good
Cons
reaching goal sometimes
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 May 2014
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck
Pros
Cons
Worst
Loved the hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 May 2014
There was always over time. The co-workers were great, as were the management and I liked the work itself. The hardest part of the job was the people who called in completely frustrated and ready to yell; however the best part of the job was calming these people down and closing the conversation in a mutually satisfying agreement or understanding. I enjoyed solving people's problems, and ensuring they were getting the best service for their money. This job made me realize that every single employee leaves a lasting impression to the customer, and even one bad call could jeopardize an entire companies reputation.
I took pride in my work and I cared for every single one of the people I served no matter how difficult.
I learned true empathy and I treated everyone how I'd want to be treated.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
I don't think there were any.
great
Account Receivable Agent (Current Employee) –  Montreal13 May 2014
Always have positive attitude,nice place to work.Every day
you get to know people and learn to prioritize
Manager,supervisor and co-worker very helpful and team spirit oriented.challenging in a way we have a target to hit
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
dealing with rude people
Fast-paced enviroment
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 May 2014
It is a job for those who can cope with deadlines, multitasking and have excellent phone manners.
Extremely customer service oriented
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 April 2014
Responsible for inbound and out bound calls.
Third party collector of debts incurred.
Handled sensitive information in a confidential manner.
The hardest part of the job was outbound calling to clients who did not want to pay.
The most enjoyable part of this employment was the feeling of accomplishment upon hitting quota.
Pros
Draw prizes every month
Cons
Irate clients
Good job for bilingual newcomers
Collecteur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 March 2014
Typically we had to speak with 13 customers every hour. Outgoing calls went uninterrupted. Usually I had no time to catch my breath. Occasionally I had to deal with irate customers. After 8 hours of this job I was rarely able to work extra hours.

I learned how to deal with human anger and that people are the same wherever you go.

Management tried to be accessible and if there was an issue, they were always there to offer you an advice and / or coaching. Great guys! They are professionals. They tried not to top customer-generated stress with unrealistic expectations.

My co-workers were great! The problem was that I barely knew most of them, since we tried not to speak during our breaks. Those I knew (from training and breaks) are great! But the issue is that you are always one on one with you customer and you have no time to speak with anybody else.

The hardest par of the job is that your throat and your butt is paining and there is no way to escape it since you are «wired» to you working place. Irate customers add to the hardships of workers.

I enjoyed the most the sense of fulfilment when I could deal a tough case of a nice customer or to calm down somebody who tried to play tough with me.
Pros
Good health care benefits
Cons
Work conditions
customer service skills
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 March 2014
i have lots of customer service skills, computer skills.etc
friendly environment
Call Center Agents (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2014
I had to deal woth angry customers alot but it was enjoyment to be able to help. I learned how to take payments and do payment arrangements over the phone. Management was great and co workers were very friendly. The hardest poart of the job was to calm the customer enough to assist them. the enjoyable oart tof the job was helping the cuastomer resolve the issues.
Pros
hard work
Cons
Energetic place with good colleagues
Telemarketing Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2014
The hardest part of this job was when you have to be well behaved with the customers who are yelli and cursing at you over the phone. You have to be pateince with them.
And the fun part was when you helped out someone with their debt and you get a commission for that.
Pros
Free saturday lunch
Cons
Over time would be one hour extra
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2014
• Worked with customers to answer questions regarding credit applications and credit ratings
• Provided credit decisions on new accounts and initiated disconnect process on delinquent accounts as necessary
• Resolved payment and credit concerns by effectively negotiating timely payment arrangements
Pros
good managemen
Poor Company
Customer Representative (Sales & Technical) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2014
Company was closed due to financially issue
company own by Bell Canada
productive and fun place
financial collector (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 February 2014
the hardest part was being too patient with the insults of the customers who try to escape from their payments.
but the management and the co-workers were terrific.
Overall enjoyable workplace
Fraud Investigation Agent (Former Employee) –  Cartierville14 February 2014
NCO Financial was an enjoyable first experience working in a call center. I made new friends easily and help was usually available when asked. I enjoyed the fraud department much more than collections. With the client being American, it was much easier working in English. NCO gave me a great opportunity for call center experience, but I would like to work in a different environment.
All work and no play
Call center agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 February 2014
long hours,not well paid, We did have a dragon boat team that i joined, volunteered for the big bike run for the heart and stroke foundation.
It was overall a good experience
Student Tribunals (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2014
I have enjoyed working at NCO Financial Inc. I have gained a lot of important working skills from my last 9 years of employment. I have had a lot of promotions where I was a supervisor and the youngest manager of all of NCO Financial Inc (Montreal Branch), thus my review might be a little bias. I must admit the work is very demanding sometimes and can even take a huge toll in your body. However the environment of friendly supervisors/managers and employees is well worth the effort.
Pros
working environment
Cons
long hours and schedule
Productive, fast paced, service oriented work environment
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2014
Listening to agent-customer interactions to assure quality
Patience and perseverance
Helpful and friendly
Like a family
When a customer asks for what is not possible
To help resolve even the toughest of situations
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours at times
Business was not professional
Inbound Call Rep/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC28 January 2014
A typical day at work was Taking calls from clients about their cell phone services or products.
I learned that I was glad we didn't have sprint or t-mobile in Canada.
Management was not helpful or hardly ever available.
Co-workers were always horse playing and doing little work.
Hardest part of my job was doing more work because other employee's were too busy slacking off.
Nothing much was enjoyable about my job at NCO
Pros
Free Training
Cons
Salary was poor, Schedualing was not flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9