NCO Group Employee Reviews

A good place to work for dependable hours and salary
Enterprise Support E-mail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia8 July 2013
While many may not have the nicest things to say about working at NCO I didn't have any problems there. I came into do my job and left at the end of my shift. I was polite and helpful when needed. I learned sometimes when deal with customers over the phone you have to have tough skin. While they don't mean the things they say to you and you are just the next person for them to vent at it still hurts.
Pros
Good wages, benefits
Cons
Mean/Angry customers
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK & SETTLEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2015
Great staff and management team, I was pleased with the training and experience provided. I would recommend this place of employment to anybody. I had a positive experience
Productive Workplace
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 November 2015
The hardest part of this job was that I was hired as a C.S.R. and I quickly realized that sales was really more important than customer service.
Pros
I gained some useful computer & customer service skills.
Cons
The day was very monotonous.
Productive, fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2013
Good place to work.
Normal day like other companies do.
Pay starts from the minimum like other companies too.
They value hard work.
They try to update employees of new policies in the workplace.
Co-workers are also good.
Management are also good.
They make sure that employees balance their work and their
personal life.
The challenging part of the job is to meet goals.
THe enjoyable part of the job is when there is party organized for the company.
Pros
pizza party
Cons
meet goals
Something needs to be done
Walmart rewards mastercard agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal13 December 2014
They permits this big companies to take call centre's to cheap Labour countries there by making the worker from here to be treated like slaves.Very ungrateful management.they will Never appreciate u! U may die trying to meet perfection for them but u are costly for them the poor Philippinos are cheaper Labour!
Pros
U can pay ure rents and bills
Cons
high blood pressure for nothing
Management was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 May 2015
The type of job that it was didn't afford much advancement or pay increases but I was treated well while working here, the owners treated their employees with respect.
fast paced call centre
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2012
A typical day at work would be answering calls from customers regarding billing and service. I learned about the billing process of cell phone companies. Management was very helpful & supportive of their employes. I enjoyed the daily interactions with my co-workers.The hardest part of my job was dealing with irate customers.The best part was receiving compliments from customers on a job well done.
friendly environment
Call Center Agents (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2014
I had to deal woth angry customers alot but it was enjoyment to be able to help. I learned how to take payments and do payment arrangements over the phone. Management was great and co workers were very friendly. The hardest poart of the job was to calm the customer enough to assist them. the enjoyable oart tof the job was helping the cuastomer resolve the issues.
Pros
hard work
great place to work
Customer Service Representative/Fraud Agent, NCO (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2015
a great place to work, co-workers and supervisors willing to help with any problems that came along. A great supply of information provided with any questions on a call, full access to information.
Pros
getting free coffee/treats on Fridays
Cons
Too far to travel (over 2 hours one way
Patience was required
Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 March 2013
A typical day involved either helping people or having people angry at you.
I learned patience and restraint.
Hardest part of the job was waiting to be connected to a customer.
Most enjoyable was having people recognize I was there to help.
benefits
Cons
unstable employement
good place to work
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 April 2015
• Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owe.
• Handle each call promptly and in the correct manner, updating records accordingly.
• Collect payments or make payment arrangements on past due accounts.
• Advise customers of next steps, fees, due dates, timelines, and other valid rogers information.
• Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds.
• Ensuring all contact information of the customer is up to date and correct.
• Follow strict Company policies and procedures at all times, ensuring that legislative requirements are met.
• Manage customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm.
A nice place to work in
Fraud Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2013
My recent endeavor with NCO is a rewarding asset added to my professional portfolio. This job enriched me with the understanding of customers in a more diversified manner taking into consideration the consumer interaction, corporate culture an business practices in north America.

Working environment is excellent taking into consideration the Colleagues and Supervisors.
cold calling
Telephone Sales Representative/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 May 2015
Cold calling of clients can be both good and bad, a lot of perspective clients do not want to talk to you. Calls come in fast so you need always be ready for the next call. After getting off the phones I was responsible for sending calls to other representative to keep them busy, file daily reports to track performance. I also talked to clients of the projects over the phone to ensure their goals were being met and act on any of there concerns/requests.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
calling perspective clients at home
Productive and good place to work
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2012
Busy solving clients problems of how to pay their bills etc
I have learned to be patient, calm, hard working etc
My co-workers were pleasant.
The hardest part of the job is when you get hung up on the phone
Most enjoyable part of the job is getting bonus when you hit your goal at the end of the month
Pros
free lunches
great place friendly environment
collector (Former Employee) –  yonge and Lawrence4 August 2015
The job taught me a lot about dealing with people, strengthening my interpersonal and communication skills. Collections tests your ability to deal with difficult people and situations.
Cons
When I started there, they were much more willing to cater to student schedules; that change a lot over a short span of time which was really inconvenient.
Pros
great hours
Cons
location
Great place, I miss it.
Inbound Telesales Representative. (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 March 2012
This was primarily a sales centre, but it wasn't incredibly high pressure. They were understanding and worked to assist agents that weren't making goal as opposed to terming them the moment they do as some centres do.
Pros
indoors, good management, flexible hours, decent commission.
Cons
difficult place to get to, late hours when starting, sales.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2014
• Worked with customers to answer questions regarding credit applications and credit ratings
• Provided credit decisions on new accounts and initiated disconnect process on delinquent accounts as necessary
• Resolved payment and credit concerns by effectively negotiating timely payment arrangements
Pros
good managemen
Fun people to work with
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/QUALITY COACH (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 February 2015
NCO was a great starting point to learn how to be an efficient customer service representative. There are lots of different people to work with and culture is great.
Pros
Fun place to work!
Cons
Customers can be rude.
This job gives good experience
Fraud agent ,custmer service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 August 2012
-My work is 10 hours working for 4 days a week an(40 hours per week)

-I learned how to deal with customer I don't see him and in the same time I have to solve his problem and taught me the ways the fraud person used to success I know now how can protect the Customer 's credit card it is very good experience for me .

-they always solve any problem and giving a chance to every one to improve himself by advices by setting side by side and old people giving them chance to teach the new people.

-My co-workerswe work together and help each other .

-the hardest part of the job when I find a old person has credit card and some one like his daughter or his son stole it .

-the most enjoyable part of the job when I solve the problem for any credit card or when I catch the fraud person and stop his stealing
Had a good experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2015
Working for NCO financial company was very good experience. I worked in very friendly envornment and best management ever had.

2.9