NCO Group Employee Reviews

Wouldn't recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 18, 2014
Only good thing about this company are the employees. The management team for the campaign I was involved in had to much favoritism in it.
Challenging Enterprise
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 10, 2014
NCO is a daily challenging enterprise as one need to meet its daily requirements in terms of quality control, in dealing with customers and in the amount of money collecting per hour from customers.
However, it is a good experience as one is able to push oneself beyond its limit.
Pros
a guaranteed job
Cons
low salary
Bonus
Team leader/Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2014
I would have to say the same applies to NCO as it did Gatestone
Pros
free lunches
Cons
suing people
Productive and great place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 20, 2014
typical day is entering data of various different spreadsheets and updating info
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
Easy work, good management, good training.
Microsoft Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 7, 2014
I had to review French ads at first. After this section was transfered to another location I was assigned to review ads in English.
Training was good, and trainers too.
Great team where people got along well.
People from different cultures, languages and religion: I learned a lot from all these people.
Pros
easy work, good co-workers and management.
Cons
even though it was repetive work, we all managed to make it interesting.
Good Place to Work
Collector & Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 6, 2014
I find they work similar to other call centers. I have worked for a few. They hire both full-time and part-time employees. They have a decent wage, and if you are good you can make great commissions depending on the projects you're working on. The hardest part of the job would be playing the 'bad cop'. I find it a strategic balance to be stern and convey urgency without being rude. I've seen other collectors who are rude, and there's no reason for it. You don't know the person's story. You don't want to make the job personal though. They try to create incentives to make the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
get a long lunch, have incentives, friendly staff
Cons
long hours sitting at a desk, have to sign in and out for washroom breaks, have to hit monthly quotas
cut throat straight forward
Fraud Investigation (Former Employee) –  Montreal QuebecJuly 4, 2014
Just woke making as many calls and analyzing the accounts calling banks identifying person to make sure they say whom they are seeing if they have the funds in the account for payment to go through
Pros
jack pot fridays
A competitive work place
Accounts Receivable and Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
A working environment of collections over the phone where I had to compete with 60 other collector. It was a lots of fun working with such a big team. I learned how to talk over the phone to collect money from from customer and I was there best collector.
Fast paced and challenging work environment.
Accounts Receivable/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2014
Answering back to back customer calls about their cell phone service interruptions due to non-payments. Negotiating payment terms with customers to bring the account current.

I learned new things every day. I improved communication skills, negotiation skills, learned how to multi-task, how to keep up with colleagues while working and maintaining professionalism.

Very supportive Managers. Provided coaching at every opportunity so we continued to learn different ways of dealing with customers.
Pros
employee recognition
fun place to work
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 29, 2014
I learned how to deal with tough situations and understand that everyones financial situation is different and sometimes you just don't have it. My co workers and i got along very well .Hardest part of the job was to make goal but wasn't so hard to make sales . I had left just to go back to school at that time.
Pros
bonuses were good
Cons
reaching goal sometimes
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 27, 2014
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck
Pros
nothing
Cons
worst
Loved the hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 19, 2014
There was always over time. The co-workers were great, as were the management and I liked the work itself. The hardest part of the job was the people who called in completely frustrated and ready to yell; however the best part of the job was calming these people down and closing the conversation in a mutually satisfying agreement or understanding. I enjoyed solving people's problems, and ensuring they were getting the best service for their money. This job made me realize that every single employee leaves a lasting impression to the customer, and even one bad call could jeopardize an entire companies reputation.
I took pride in my work and I cared for every single one of the people I served no matter how difficult.
I learned true empathy and I treated everyone how I'd want to be treated.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
i don't think there were any.
great
Account Receivable Agent (Current Employee) –  MontrealMay 13, 2014
Always have positive attitude,nice place to work.Every day
you get to know people and learn to prioritize
Manager,supervisor and co-worker very helpful and team spirit oriented.challenging in a way we have a target to hit
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
dealing with rude people
Fast-paced enviroment
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 1, 2014
It is a job for those who can cope with deadlines, multitasking and have excellent phone manners.
Extremely customer service oriented
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONApril 3, 2014
Responsible for inbound and out bound calls.
Third party collector of debts incurred.
Handled sensitive information in a confidential manner.
The hardest part of the job was outbound calling to clients who did not want to pay.
The most enjoyable part of this employment was the feeling of accomplishment upon hitting quota.
Pros
draw prizes every month
Cons
irate clients
Good job for bilingual newcomers
Collecteur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2014
Typically we had to speak with 13 customers every hour. Outgoing calls went uninterrupted. Usually I had no time to catch my breath. Occasionally I had to deal with irate customers. After 8 hours of this job I was rarely able to work extra hours.

I learned how to deal with human anger and that people are the same wherever you go.

Management tried to be accessible and if there was an issue, they were always there to offer you an advice and / or coaching. Great guys! They are professionals. They tried not to top customer-generated stress with unrealistic expectations.

My co-workers were great! The problem was that I barely knew most of them, since we tried not to speak during our breaks. Those I knew (from training and breaks) are great! But the issue is that you are always one on one with you customer and you have no time to speak with anybody else.

The hardest par of the job is that your throat and your butt is paining and there is no way to escape it since you are «wired» to you working place. Irate customers add to the hardships of workers.

I enjoyed the most the sense of fulfilment when I could deal a tough case of a nice customer or to calm down somebody who tried to play tough with me.
Pros
good health care benefits
Cons
work conditions
customer service skills
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 24, 2014
i have lots of customer service skills, computer skills.etc
friendly environment
Call Center Agents (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2014
I had to deal woth angry customers alot but it was enjoyment to be able to help. I learned how to take payments and do payment arrangements over the phone. Management was great and co workers were very friendly. The hardest poart of the job was to calm the customer enough to assist them. the enjoyable oart tof the job was helping the cuastomer resolve the issues.
Pros
hard work
Energetic place with good colleagues
Telemarketing Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 7, 2014
The hardest part of this job was when you have to be well behaved with the customers who are yelli and cursing at you over the phone. You have to be pateince with them.
And the fun part was when you helped out someone with their debt and you get a commission for that.
Pros
free saturday lunch
Cons
over time would be one hour extra
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2014
• Worked with customers to answer questions regarding credit applications and credit ratings
• Provided credit decisions on new accounts and initiated disconnect process on delinquent accounts as necessary
• Resolved payment and credit concerns by effectively negotiating timely payment arrangements
Pros
good managemen

2.9