NCO Group

NCO Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Comapny unstable.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJune 25, 2013
The company has campaigns going in and out all the time, makes job security unreliable.
Very relaxed business environment
Senior Advisor (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNJune 13, 2013
Pros: friendly, relatable environment
Cons: often times get a call that is very stressful and not many ways to vent
Although a business center, it is very relaxed. A general dress code is all that is required, nothing with any holes, no see through or stretch clothing, all shirts must have sleeves, no mini skirts, and nothing with an profanity or offensive language. Managers are more like fellow workers and in very few ways show their authority, the closest thing – more... to an authority intervention would be a team manager coming to your desk while you are on a call that has lasted for an hour or when you are taking 5-10 minutes after a call to document a case to make sure that you have not accidentally left the your system in after call work instead of being in available – less
fun workplace
collector (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJune 10, 2013
always a up beat,had a goal to meet,long lunch breaks,weekends off
nothing excites me about this job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2013
Pros: lunch cater
Cons: undertiming
a typical day at work is being under timed. i learn nothing from this job, the management sucks.my co workers would agree with me on everything im reviewing here.the hardest part of the job is going there and the most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the day.
A jobs a job
Senior Representative (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 5, 2013
Pros: it was almost impossible not to be hired
Cons: pay, hours, no job security
If you knew they right people you have opportunity otherwise make sure you don't make the wrong people mad
Bad place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 31, 2013
This is a bad place to work supervisors are immature and sensitive, lead worker for department is scared to talk to customers no help at all. Co-workers are crude and loud no room for advancement. Supervisors play favoritiscm and barely know the job themselves.
Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Humble, TXMay 29, 2013
Pros: vendor fair allowed us to experience new technology before it was launched in stores, sometimes free lunch
Cons: our team moved about and we constantly changed managers
Each day at work was unique in its own way. I did not enjoy it when all of the managers were in a meeting and there was no one left to supervise the floor or take manager calls if needed. I did learn a lot more about computers, networking, software/hardware issues, and what devices are needed for certain electronic equipment in the home and car. The – more... hardest part of the job was when a customer would get upset when we would tell them that an in store employee or geek squad agent can not assist them with setting up or installing physical equipment in their home, such as printers, because we can not guarantee it will work when the get home. This is something that required an in home visit. About 60% of the customers did not understand that no matter how I explained it. – less
very flexible work place
Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 27, 2013
I love satisfying customers needs
Hardest oart of job is no benefits
Customer Service/Finance Rep.
Customer Service/Financial Asst (Former Employee), Humble, TXMay 21, 2013
Pros: challenging
Cons: no healthcare
Dealt with customers in all aspects of there accounts.

It was nice helping customers out.
Laid back, easy going but productive environment
Customer Service Representative/Telemarketing (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNMay 20, 2013
A typical day at work included taking customer calls/chats and resolving customer issues. I learned a lot of computer skills and critical thinking skills. Also I learned the importance of empathy. Management for the most part is easy going and friendly.
working at home
customer service finance (Former Employee), kansas city moMay 11, 2013
The only thing I liked was working from home but after working the company for 4yrs and no raise it made it very eazy me to leave the company. I would love to come back but not for 9.75 and the benefits was not good. Im sorry I feel just because im working at home don't mean that I have to be under paid.

Arizonalady – June 27, 2013

Hello. Did they require you to work weekends? I am applying for a work at home position right now. THANKS

Arizonalady – June 28, 2013

Hello. What work schedule did they offer you with "work at home"? I just applied and wondering if I will have to work both weekend days? Thanks

Good job. Not a career. Company has been taken over by Apac
Customer Service Representative/Universal Agent (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 6, 2013
Pros: set schedules
Cons: short lunch breaks
This was my first call center job and it was decent for what it was. I was let go when the company that was using NCO decided not to renew the contract. The company was then picked up by APAC.
Big talk, Little Reward
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 30, 2013
Pros: paid time off
Cons: management was ridiculous and played heavy favorites, too much unpleasantness to deal with for the pidly wage you recieved.
When I worked there, the typical day consisted of logging in, and getting yelled at for 8 hours on end, with strictly regulated breaks, and little to no floor support.
You were paid a small wage, yet they expected things out of you that no other employers would think to do.
The lied or misrepresented their pay bonuses.

The management was some of the – more... worst I've dealt with. Blatant favoritism was everywhere, from promotions to how they dealt with problems from personnel or call-situations. You could have a specific answer from your help resources on how to solve an issue, yet management would override how they saw fit, and you would still get any negative outcomes from their procedure against you.

They also had a history for trying to manipulate time systems, (for which there was a class-action lawsuit filed against them). They also were notoriously horrible at working with people when critical family or personal issues were going on (they wouldn't let an employee go home without terming him, even though his house was on fire and kid was in the hospital).

Hopefully they've changed with the advent of a new company taking over, with new management. – less
wonderful
Agent (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 28, 2013
best job I have ever had, very easy to move up and very driven to help you succeed
Basic sit down job
System Support Agent (Former Employee), Joplin, MOApril 1, 2013
You sit and talk on a phone the whole time. It's customers calling you for help, not your calling them, so I don't consider it telemarketing. Management is hard to talk too. Co-workers were the best part of the job.
Call center
Team Lead Email Advisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2013
Pros: itunes
Cons: mandatory time off daily
Answering questions from Apple members via email, relating to technical, billing, and problem solving.
No Salary Races very stress job
Agent (Former Employee), St Joseph, MOMarch 22, 2013
Pros: co- workers good
Cons: short break, poor point system, no salary race, insurance not really good
This Company don't want the people work there long term. The first is never race salary, don worry if you have there 5 years you no will be receive race, the rule inside could you feel in the jail, you not can use your phone in any area in your break or lunch, the career opportunity in minimum and also the management is poor they change the strategy – more... every week. Good place is you don't have any job but nothing more. – less
Good workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TxMarch 21, 2013
Took phone calls for customers who were having problems with their computers, or tablets. Troubleshooted their device or sold a service. The hardest part was trying to troubleshoot with out actually being in front of the device
HORRIBLE
Collections/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: noo pros
Cons: run for the hills
NCO is very unprofessional and unorganized. The managers half the time never know anything, the pay is lowsy, the whole place is a waste of time. I wouldn't even advise someone who is strugglingt to waste their time working for this company. I don't know how the NCOs are in other states but as far as the one in Virginia Beach, VA.
My immediate supervisors were professional and understanding
customer service (Former Employee), Norcross,GAMarch 9, 2013
Pros: immediate supervisors
Cons: upper management
My review summary pretty much says it all. All the immediate supervisors were nice-and even some of their sups. Go up one more level, then not so much. Your immediate supervisor can make or break your day and that can be very daunting when you have to deal with that person 8 hours a day Monday through Friday and one 4 hour Saturday out of the month. – more... When you have someone directly above you that treats you like a human being, it makes your days there alright. More credit should be given to them. You should see their supervisor. IT is horrifying. – less

About NCO Group

NCO Group, Inc. (NCO) is a holding company and conducts substantially all of its business operations through its subsidiaries. – Read more