NCO Group Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Extremely customer service oriented
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 3, 2014
Pros: draw prizes every month
Cons: irate clients
Responsible for inbound and out bound calls.
Third party collector of debts incurred.
Handled sensitive information in a confidential manner.
The hardest part of the job was outbound calling to clients who did not want to pay.
The most enjoyable part of this employment was the feeling of accomplishment upon hitting quota.
Good job for bilingual newcomers
Collecteur (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good health care benefits
Cons: work conditions
Typically we had to speak with 13 customers every hour. Outgoing calls went uninterrupted. Usually I had no time to catch my breath. Occasionally I had to deal with irate customers. After 8 hours of this job I was rarely able to work extra hours.

I learned how to deal with human anger and that people are the same wherever you go.

Management tried to be accessible and if there was an issue, they were always there to offer you an advice and / or coaching. Great guys! They are professionals. They tried not to top customer-generated stress with unrealistic expectations.

My co-workers were great! The problem was that I barely knew most of them, since we tried not to speak during our breaks. Those I knew (from training and breaks) are great! But the issue is that you are always one on one with you customer and you have no time to speak with anybody else.

The hardest par of the job is that your throat and your butt is paining and there is no way to escape it since you are «wired» to you working place. Irate customers add to the hardships of workers.

I enjoyed the most the sense of fulfilment when I could deal a tough case of a nice customer or to calm down somebody who tried to play tough with me.
customer service skills
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 24, 2014
i have lots of customer service skills, computer skills.etc
friendly environment
Call Center Agents (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2014
Pros: hard work
I had to deal woth angry customers alot but it was enjoyment to be able to help. I learned how to take payments and do payment arrangements over the phone. Management was great and co workers were very friendly. The hardest poart of the job was to calm the customer enough to assist them. the enjoyable oart tof the job was helping the cuastomer resolve the issues.
Energetic place with good colleagues
Telemarketing Salesperson (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free saturday lunch
Cons: over time would be one hour extra
The hardest part of this job was when you have to be well behaved with the customers who are yelli and cursing at you over the phone. You have to be pateince with them.
And the fun part was when you helped out someone with their debt and you get a commission for that.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2014
Pros: good managemen
Cons: long hours
• Worked with customers to answer questions regarding credit applications and credit ratings
• Provided credit decisions on new accounts and initiated disconnect process on delinquent accounts as necessary
• Resolved payment and credit concerns by effectively negotiating timely payment arrangements
Poor Company
Customer Representative (Sales & Technical) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 22, 2014
Company was closed due to financially issue
company own by Bell Canada
productive and fun place
financial collector (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 21, 2014
the hardest part was being too patient with the insults of the customers who try to escape from their payments.
but the management and the co-workers were terrific.
Overall enjoyable workplace
Fraud Investigation Agent (Former Employee), CartiervilleFebruary 14, 2014
NCO Financial was an enjoyable first experience working in a call center. I made new friends easily and help was usually available when asked. I enjoyed the fraud department much more than collections. With the client being American, it was much easier working in English. NCO gave me a great opportunity for call center experience, but I would like to work in a different environment.
All work and no play
Call center agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 11, 2014
long hours,not well paid, We did have a dragon boat team that i joined, volunteered for the big bike run for the heart and stroke foundation.
It was overall a good experience
Student Tribunals (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: working environment
Cons: long hours and schedule
I have enjoyed working at NCO Financial Inc. I have gained a lot of important working skills from my last 9 years of employment. I have had a lot of promotions where I was a supervisor and the youngest manager of all of NCO Financial Inc (Montreal Branch), thus my review might be a little bias. I must admit the work is very demanding sometimes and can even take a huge toll in your body. However the environment of friendly supervisors/managers and employees is well worth the effort.
Productive, fast paced, service oriented work environment
Division Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours at times
Listening to agent-customer interactions to assure quality
Patience and perseverance
Helpful and friendly
Like a family
When a customer asks for what is not possible
To help resolve even the toughest of situations
Business was not professional
Inbound Call Rep/Supervisor (Former Employee), Delta, BCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free training
Cons: salary was poor, schedualing was not flexible
A typical day at work was Taking calls from clients about their cell phone services or products.
I learned that I was glad we didn't have sprint or t-mobile in Canada.
Management was not helpful or hardly ever available.
Co-workers were always horse playing and doing little work.
Hardest part of my job was doing more work because other employee's were too busy slacking off.
Nothing much was enjoyable about my job at NCO
productive,friendly,informative
Collector (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: discounted summer trips arranged by social committee
have learned time management and how to overcome daily challenges as a team leader .Worked on various systems and explore new techs. Enjoyed team work atmosphere and found large number of friends during my job at NCO. Learned and become expert in communication and de escalation . As a mentor/supervisor ,I loved being a positive influence on others..The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting the required goal . Its a feeling of accomplishment I have everyday. I do not find any thing hard right now after working here for 6+ years.
a
Agent, Supervisor, NCO (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 20, 2013
Pros: a
Cons: a
greeting agents, and other staff members, checking emails and setting out what I had to do daily
fun workplace and very rewarding
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Clark Freeport Zone, P03November 15, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: graveyardshift
The company was good to me, with good salary. They give reward to hardworking and diligent workers.
Excellent Job to learn and prove sales skills.
Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 9, 2013
Through working at NCO I became familiar with vast amounts of products and sold many of them. Regularly dealt with angered or irrational customers and handle these situations with great ease.
Bill Payments and Payment Plans
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 6, 2013
In this company I worked for a few contractors, as it is a debt collection/bill payment industry, I was not very fond of the scripted work and the limitations we had as Canadian Service Reps as most of the businesses we contracted for were in America
social place
Collector (Former Employee), brantford, ont.November 5, 2013
Pros: met alot of people and obtained contacts
Cons: management and salary
this was a call center and a very social place
there was no place for advancement and the pay was not sufficient to support myself or family
very stressful job
Collector (Former Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 2, 2013
There is a lot of customers that get mad at you, have to try and calm customers down. people that you work with a great, management are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Headquarters