NCO Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 3, 2013
Good place to work.
Normal day like other companies do.
Pay starts from the minimum like other companies too.
They value hard work.
They try to update employees of new policies in the workplace.
Co-workers are also good.
Management are also good.
They make sure that employees balance their work and their
personal life.
The challenging part of the job is to meet goals.
THe enjoyable part of the job is when there is party organized for the company.
Pros
pizza party
Cons
meet goals
NCO Financials
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 9, 2012
Typical day at work was answering inbound calls regarding accounts, activations, closure, billing, complaints etc.

I have learned to multi-task, deal with irate customers, handle billing, learned more about credit/credit cards etc.

Management was not very good.

Co-workers were okay. There was a lot of drama at this work place.

The hardest part of the job were how most of the calls were from irate customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I made a good friend from working there.
Pros
made a good friend.
Cons
a lot of stress, no work/life balance.
lots of insitement bonus and contest
Outbound Bilingual Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 8, 2013
calling customer to take pass due payment, or make payment arrangement, update files, follow up,.
how to control call and still be respectful with customer, not judging situation.
management was great
very competitive
third party collection for power of attorney general because some of the customer were criminal and had a aggressive attitude
the contest and stats we needed to meet
Pros
bonus and contest mean more money
Cons
emotionaly hard in long term
Overall enjoyable workplace
Fraud Investigation Agent (Former Employee) –  CartiervilleFebruary 14, 2014
NCO Financial was an enjoyable first experience working in a call center. I made new friends easily and help was usually available when asked. I enjoyed the fraud department much more than collections. With the client being American, it was much easier working in English. NCO gave me a great opportunity for call center experience, but I would like to work in a different environment.
Collector and customer service
Collector and customer service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 7, 2012
◦Communicate with debtors by telephone and approved written correspondence to attempt to bring resolution to unpaid accounts.
◦Provide thorough, efficient, and accurate account updates on computer files for each call made or received.
◦Demonstrate effective skip tracing techniques by locating debtor contact information.
◦Counsel delinquent account debtors to assist in finding funds to meet debt obligations.
◦Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all applicable Federal, Provincial, and Territorial laws and regulations that regulate the collection industry.
◦Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with NCO policies and procedures
Pros
all benfitis medical and social
Cons
full time
bad job, decent hours
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario, Jackson SquareMay 17, 2013
It is a shady telemarketing job, and the leads lists never get updated. If you want to call the same numbers 10-15 times per month, month after month after month, to try and sell the same products every time to these people, then this is the place for you.
Pros
as part time you can completly choose your hours
Cons
getting sworn at and hung up on, and being told to sell a certain way, but expected to break the rules to maintain your stats.
Extremely customer service oriented
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONApril 3, 2014
Responsible for inbound and out bound calls.
Third party collector of debts incurred.
Handled sensitive information in a confidential manner.
The hardest part of the job was outbound calling to clients who did not want to pay.
The most enjoyable part of this employment was the feeling of accomplishment upon hitting quota.
Pros
draw prizes every month
Cons
irate clients
Possibly the worst collections agency to work at.
Agent de Recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2013
Minimum Wage (with no commission) no possibility of advancement unless you know someone high up or dedicate your life to the company.

The management was awful, mainly using an intimidation based chain of command. Everyone is stressed, you sometimes spend 4 hours without a break if it's crunch time, which was every Thursday and Friday.

Your job is secure only as long as there isn't a cheaper alternative as the majority of their contracts are on one year terms.
Pros
if you can last a year there, you can work any collections job happily afterwards.
Cons
bad pay, intimidation tactics to try to create efficiency, constant stress in and outside of work, very little possibility of advancement no matter how hard you work to get there, etc.
fast paced call centre
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2012
A typical day at work would be answering calls from customers regarding billing and service. I learned about the billing process of cell phone companies. Management was very helpful & supportive of their employes. I enjoyed the daily interactions with my co-workers.The hardest part of my job was dealing with irate customers.The best part was receiving compliments from customers on a job well done.
work place environment is acceptable
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 9, 2012
•Verified client’s identification and identified clients’ needs
•Directed clients calls to appropriate departments
•Updated client database ensuring accuracy of client data.
•Provided technical support to customers through telephone and e-mail
•Gathered Clients’ troubleshooting and guide them in the process of their needs
Cons
we have to wait for clients calls.
friendly environment
Call Center Agents (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2014
I had to deal woth angry customers alot but it was enjoyment to be able to help. I learned how to take payments and do payment arrangements over the phone. Management was great and co workers were very friendly. The hardest poart of the job was to calm the customer enough to assist them. the enjoyable oart tof the job was helping the cuastomer resolve the issues.
Pros
hard work
A nice place to work in
Fraud Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2013
My recent endeavor with NCO is a rewarding asset added to my professional portfolio. This job enriched me with the understanding of customers in a more diversified manner taking into consideration the consumer interaction, corporate culture an business practices in north America.

Working environment is excellent taking into consideration the Colleagues and Supervisors.
This job gives good experience
Fraud agent ,custmer service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 31, 2012
-My work is 10 hours working for 4 days a week an(40 hours per week)

-I learned how to deal with customer I don't see him and in the same time I have to solve his problem and taught me the ways the fraud person used to success I know now how can protect the Customer 's credit card it is very good experience for me .

-they always solve any problem and giving a chance to every one to improve himself by advices by setting side by side and old people giving them chance to teach the new people.

-My co-workerswe work together and help each other .

-the hardest part of the job when I find a old person has credit card and some one like his daughter or his son stole it .

-the most enjoyable part of the job when I solve the problem for any credit card or when I catch the fraud person and stop his stealing
Loved the hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 19, 2014
There was always over time. The co-workers were great, as were the management and I liked the work itself. The hardest part of the job was the people who called in completely frustrated and ready to yell; however the best part of the job was calming these people down and closing the conversation in a mutually satisfying agreement or understanding. I enjoyed solving people's problems, and ensuring they were getting the best service for their money. This job made me realize that every single employee leaves a lasting impression to the customer, and even one bad call could jeopardize an entire companies reputation.
I took pride in my work and I cared for every single one of the people I served no matter how difficult.
I learned true empathy and I treated everyone how I'd want to be treated.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
i don't think there were any.
I am motivated and positive about the work I do by setting myself goals and working toward them.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 20, 2013
I have common sense and the ability to make decisions based on knowledge and good judgement
I have a sense of humour and I am able to join with others and enjoy funny situations
I maintain a balanced attitude to work and home life giving appropriate consideration to things that matter at home and at work
Have a fun in talking and helping Customers on Phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 30, 2012
Working in a call center was really fun and sometimes it was challenging. Enjoyable part was to help customers, however, customer become rude on phone I did not like the way they talk.
Helping co-workers, discussing customers while on break was memorable.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
have to attend so many calls sometimes
flexible
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 1, 2015
loved working with different type of people
had to be flexible
constant changes to job
continuous learning of new systems
Pros
incentives -free trips
fun place to work
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 29, 2014
I learned how to deal with tough situations and understand that everyones financial situation is different and sometimes you just don't have it. My co workers and i got along very well .Hardest part of the job was to make goal but wasn't so hard to make sales . I had left just to go back to school at that time.
Pros
bonuses were good
Cons
reaching goal sometimes
It was a good job until it closed
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 12, 2015
Worked here for a few years, good work life balance, closed and was laid off. Met some great people and learned a lot. It was fast paced and always busy, made the day go by quickly.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2014
• Worked with customers to answer questions regarding credit applications and credit ratings
• Provided credit decisions on new accounts and initiated disconnect process on delinquent accounts as necessary
• Resolved payment and credit concerns by effectively negotiating timely payment arrangements
Pros
good managemen

2.9