NCO Group Employee Reviews

productive,friendly,informative
Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2014
have learned time management and how to overcome daily challenges as a team leader .Worked on various systems and explore new techs. Enjoyed team work atmosphere and found large number of friends during my job at NCO. Learned and become expert in communication and de escalation . As a mentor/supervisor ,I loved being a positive influence on others..The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting the required goal . Its a feeling of accomplishment I have everyday. I do not find any thing hard right now after working here for 6+ years.
Pros
discounted summer trips arranged by social committee
A good place to work for dependable hours and salary
Enterprise Support E-mail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia8 July 2013
While many may not have the nicest things to say about working at NCO I didn't have any problems there. I came into do my job and left at the end of my shift. I was polite and helpful when needed. I learned sometimes when deal with customers over the phone you have to have tough skin. While they don't mean the things they say to you and you are just the next person for them to vent at it still hurts.
Pros
Good wages, benefits
Cons
Mean/Angry customers
NO COMMENT
Fraud risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2015
healthcare is not affordable, pay does not compare to the job function, breaks are too short for those that work 4 x 10's, you are wrote up for everything, you have to resolve your own computer issues, if not signed in on time and you are having computer issues then you get an infraction, no one listens to each other from management on down, 10 minutes per week of personal time off the phones for bathroom breaks
Pros
nlimited overtime
Cons
the pay was very low
Productive, fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2013
Good place to work.
Normal day like other companies do.
Pay starts from the minimum like other companies too.
They value hard work.
They try to update employees of new policies in the workplace.
Co-workers are also good.
Management are also good.
They make sure that employees balance their work and their
personal life.
The challenging part of the job is to meet goals.
THe enjoyable part of the job is when there is party organized for the company.
Pros
pizza party
Cons
meet goals
CC Sales
good support system
good managers
good shift hours
very clean
Something needs to be done
Walmart rewards mastercard agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal13 December 2014
They permits this big companies to take call centre's to cheap Labour countries there by making the worker from here to be treated like slaves.Very ungrateful management.they will Never appreciate u! U may die trying to meet perfection for them but u are costly for them the poor Philippinos are cheaper Labour!
Pros
U can pay ure rents and bills
Cons
high blood pressure for nothing
Fun atmospher
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 August 2015
Answering inbound calls, e-mails and live chats with customers having troubles with their devices. Technical support and resolution.

Must be patient because most of the callers call only when they have trouble and are frustrated.

You have supervisor after you all the time as he's following and monitoring your activities.

Cool environment as there are coworkers all around you ready to help.

When communication is not clear between you and the callers.

When every team talk about the bonus and others stuffs.
Pros
Training for new application and expectaion for upcoming new products in the markets.
Cons
No realy wage increase.
fast paced call centre
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2012
A typical day at work would be answering calls from customers regarding billing and service. I learned about the billing process of cell phone companies. Management was very helpful & supportive of their employes. I enjoyed the daily interactions with my co-workers.The hardest part of my job was dealing with irate customers.The best part was receiving compliments from customers on a job well done.
friendly environment
Call Center Agents (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2014
I had to deal woth angry customers alot but it was enjoyment to be able to help. I learned how to take payments and do payment arrangements over the phone. Management was great and co workers were very friendly. The hardest poart of the job was to calm the customer enough to assist them. the enjoyable oart tof the job was helping the cuastomer resolve the issues.
Pros
hard work
Patience was required
Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 March 2013
A typical day involved either helping people or having people angry at you.
I learned patience and restraint.
Hardest part of the job was waiting to be connected to a customer.
Most enjoyable was having people recognize I was there to help.
benefits
Cons
unstable employement
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK & SETTLEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2015
Great staff and management team, I was pleased with the training and experience provided. I would recommend this place of employment to anybody. I had a positive experience
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 September 2015
During a typical day at work I am responsible for taking calls and booking appointments for a variety of HVAC-related issues. We consider ourselves the front line staff for our customers who are experiencing equipment breakdowns, or who wish to simply discuss their accounts.

Occasionally, I act as a supervisor in the Customer Care department where we try our very best to resolve any customer issues with billing, or with services associated with their accounts.
A nice place to work in
Fraud Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2013
My recent endeavor with NCO is a rewarding asset added to my professional portfolio. This job enriched me with the understanding of customers in a more diversified manner taking into consideration the consumer interaction, corporate culture an business practices in north America.

Working environment is excellent taking into consideration the Colleagues and Supervisors.
Productive and good place to work
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2012
Busy solving clients problems of how to pay their bills etc
I have learned to be patient, calm, hard working etc
My co-workers were pleasant.
The hardest part of the job is when you get hung up on the phone
Most enjoyable part of the job is getting bonus when you hit your goal at the end of the month
Pros
free lunches
Great place, I miss it.
Inbound Telesales Representative. (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 March 2012
This was primarily a sales centre, but it wasn't incredibly high pressure. They were understanding and worked to assist agents that weren't making goal as opposed to terming them the moment they do as some centres do.
Pros
indoors, good management, flexible hours, decent commission.
Cons
difficult place to get to, late hours when starting, sales.
Management was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 May 2015
The type of job that it was didn't afford much advancement or pay increases but I was treated well while working here, the owners treated their employees with respect.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2014
• Worked with customers to answer questions regarding credit applications and credit ratings
• Provided credit decisions on new accounts and initiated disconnect process on delinquent accounts as necessary
• Resolved payment and credit concerns by effectively negotiating timely payment arrangements
Pros
good managemen
Cons
This job gives good experience
Fraud agent ,custmer service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 August 2012
-My work is 10 hours working for 4 days a week an(40 hours per week)

-I learned how to deal with customer I don't see him and in the same time I have to solve his problem and taught me the ways the fraud person used to success I know now how can protect the Customer 's credit card it is very good experience for me .

-they always solve any problem and giving a chance to every one to improve himself by advices by setting side by side and old people giving them chance to teach the new people.

-My co-workerswe work together and help each other .

-the hardest part of the job when I find a old person has credit card and some one like his daughter or his son stole it .

-the most enjoyable part of the job when I solve the problem for any credit card or when I catch the fraud person and stop his stealing
good place to work
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 April 2015
• Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owe.
• Handle each call promptly and in the correct manner, updating records accordingly.
• Collect payments or make payment arrangements on past due accounts.
• Advise customers of next steps, fees, due dates, timelines, and other valid rogers information.
• Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds.
• Ensuring all contact information of the customer is up to date and correct.
• Follow strict Company policies and procedures at all times, ensuring that legislative requirements are met.
• Manage customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm.
Challenging Enterprise
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2014
NCO is a daily challenging enterprise as one need to meet its daily requirements in terms of quality control, in dealing with customers and in the amount of money collecting per hour from customers.
However, it is a good experience as one is able to push oneself beyond its limit.
Pros
A guaranteed job
Cons
Low salary

2.9