NCO Group Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Typical work day
Network Support (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 23, 2015
taking inbound calls, connection issues, training was well delivered, walk the customers through troubleshooting their system claim them through the phone and proper phone manner
Possibly the worst collections agency to work at.
Agent de Recouvrement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: if you can last a year there, you can work any collections job happily afterwards.
Cons: bad pay, intimidation tactics to try to create efficiency, constant stress in and outside of work, very little possibility of advancement no matter how hard you work to get there, etc.
Minimum Wage (with no commission) no possibility of advancement unless you know someone high up or dedicate your life to the company.

The management was awful, mainly using an intimidation based chain of command. Everyone is stressed, you sometimes spend 4 hours without a break if it's crunch time, which was every Thursday and Friday.

Your job is secure only as long as there isn't a cheaper alternative as the majority of their contracts are on one year terms.

January 17, 2013

This place will test your sanity, due to the extremely low work flow resulting in massive boredom, crossed with unnecessarily harsh floor rules that literally trap you in one place - at your cubicle - and punish you for the slightest showing of humanity. Try working the Fraud department for Capitol One in Montreal. When the work flow is slow and there simply are no cases to review (and I mean NONE, not like a few and people are putting them off. NONE), you are not even allowed a book, magazine, pen and paper - ANYTHING - to doodle, read, or otherwise pass the time when there is NO work and NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR BE GIVEN TO DO. You are literally expected to sit there, stare at your screen, and keep Refreshing your work program in the hopes new work comes in... which on average, nets you maybe ONE case in a 3 hour window. Again, I've lived this, and am not exaggerating. I never thought I'd work someplace where I actually begged for MORE WORK TO DO!! "What am I supposed to do then?? There is no work coming in!!" numerous workers plea to their managers when yelled at for surfing Google search results (the only loophole luxury on the floor), to which their zombified superiors reply "Keep refreshing in case something comes in"... or "keep calling customers" (who you've already called once for the day and can't leave more than one message for in a 24 hr window)... they don't even know what to say, because there is nothing to say. All this on your weekends, as the "hazing period" (as referred to coldly by some employees) demands your first year be all weekends, with three workdays of – more... late afternoon to night hours (11am to 10pm on average). After that, MAYBE you can negotiate "normal" hours of a work week, M-F. – less

NO COMMENT
Fraud risk Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: nlimited overtime
Cons: the pay was very low
healthcare is not affordable, pay does not compare to the job function, breaks are too short for those that work 4 x 10's, you are wrote up for everything, you have to resolve your own computer issues, if not signed in on time and you are having computer issues then you get an infraction, no one listens to each other from management on down, 10 minutes per week of personal time off the phones for bathroom breaks
very fun environment
Geek Squad Mission Controller (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: once a month pot lucks, free lunches and met great new friends
Cons: long hours, stressful trying to fix an issue when a few of the attempts did not work.
log into our computers and phones and start taking calls.
I learned many skills such as patience, simple computer troubleshooting such as wireless connection resolution, new computer programs specialized for GeekSquad, setting up in-house appointments for Technicians.
The management team was great, they were very helpful, patient and willing to take time out of their busy day to assist with supervisor calls and teaching new resolutions.
I have made a lot of great friends who were also co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme high call volumes and stress trying to figure out a solution for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping people with their issues and making new and good friends.
fun workplace and very rewarding
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Clark Freeport Zone, P03November 15, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: graveyardshift
The company was good to me, with good salary. They give reward to hardworking and diligent workers.
great people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 10, 2015
Good workplace experience-especially while in between jobs. Friendly people and a nice place to come to work each day.
It was overall a good experience
Student Tribunals (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: working environment
Cons: long hours and schedule
I have enjoyed working at NCO Financial Inc. I have gained a lot of important working skills from my last 9 years of employment. I have had a lot of promotions where I was a supervisor and the youngest manager of all of NCO Financial Inc (Montreal Branch), thus my review might be a little bias. I must admit the work is very demanding sometimes and can even take a huge toll in your body. However the environment of friendly supervisors/managers and employees is well worth the effort.
good boss
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: good location 4 travel
Cons: good hours
Good team work....salary was good but the place was closing.
Good Place to Work
Collector & Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: get a long lunch, have incentives, friendly staff
Cons: long hours sitting at a desk, have to sign in and out for washroom breaks, have to hit monthly quotas
I find they work similar to other call centers. I have worked for a few. They hire both full-time and part-time employees. They have a decent wage, and if you are good you can make great commissions depending on the projects you're working on. The hardest part of the job would be playing the 'bad cop'. I find it a strategic balance to be stern and convey urgency without being rude. I've seen other collectors who are rude, and there's no reason for it. You don't know the person's story. You don't want to make the job personal though. They try to create incentives to make the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
NCO Financials
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 9, 2012
Pros: made a good friend.
Cons: a lot of stress, no work/life balance.
Typical day at work was answering inbound calls regarding accounts, activations, closure, billing, complaints etc.

I have learned to multi-task, deal with irate customers, handle billing, learned more about credit/credit cards etc.

Management was not very good.

Co-workers were okay. There was a lot of drama at this work place.

The hardest part of the job were how most of the calls were from irate customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I made a good friend from working there.
Had a good experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2015
Working for NCO financial company was very good experience. I worked in very friendly envornment and best management ever had.
It was a good job until it closed
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 12, 2015
Worked here for a few years, good work life balance, closed and was laid off. Met some great people and learned a lot. It was fast paced and always busy, made the day go by quickly.
Great place to work, learned a lot about sales and computer preograms
Inbound Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: incentives/bonuses
A typical day at work was logging into all the different programs as well as phone. Then answering incoming calls and either transferring to correct Sprint departments or selling products and services to customer. I learned a lot about customer service as well as up selling products and different computer programs. Management was great, always there if you needed to ask any questions etc. Co workers we're all very friendly. Hardest part of the job was learning all of the different techniques to up selling accessories and products at first. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience and knowledge that I was able to gain from working there.
Fun fast paced work environment.
Inbound Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 31, 2013
My typical day would start early in the morning, I learned an ample amount about cell phones as I worked for the Rogers part. Co-workers were great I actully made a few life long friendships. Management was not as helpful as I think they should be, when you start they make it seem as advancement within the company is high, to later find out not so much. My most enjoyable part of my job is im always busy dealing with a customer, I love working with people and figuring out any problem solving there may be.
flexible
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: incentives -free trips
loved working with different type of people
had to be flexible
constant changes to job
continuous learning of new systems
Not nice work place
Financial Adviser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: too many
Don't recommend, bad management style, unrealistic quotes. Work Canadian public holidays and off on american holidays.
Something needs to be done
Walmart rewards mastercard agent (Former Employee), MontrealDecember 13, 2014
Pros: u can pay ure rents and bills
Cons: high blood pressure for nothing
They permits this big companies to take call centre's to cheap Labour countries there by making the worker from here to be treated like slaves.Very ungrateful management.they will Never appreciate u! U may die trying to meet perfection for them but u are costly for them the poor Philippinos are cheaper Labour!
Loved the hours
Customer Service (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 19, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: i don't think there were any.
There was always over time. The co-workers were great, as were the management and I liked the work itself. The hardest part of the job was the people who called in completely frustrated and ready to yell; however the best part of the job was calming these people down and closing the conversation in a mutually satisfying agreement or understanding. I enjoyed solving people's problems, and ensuring they were getting the best service for their money. This job made me realize that every single employee leaves a lasting impression to the customer, and even one bad call could jeopardize an entire companies reputation.
I took pride in my work and I cared for every single one of the people I served no matter how difficult.
I learned true empathy and I treated everyone how I'd want to be treated.
Poor depressing company to work for
Collector (Former Employee), Montreal, QcSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: next to a metro
Cons: depressing american cultured company
Calling people to tell them they ows the company xyz money,

Poor depressing management that don't really care.

Dead end job, its a rotating door that will hire and fire anyone that shows up.

Forget about making a bonus...lol

Lack of professionalism

If you are too good, the managers will be nervous about loosing there job to you so they will find a way to fire you.
Fun people to work with
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/QUALITY COACH (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: fun place to work!
Cons: customers can be rude.
NCO was a great starting point to learn how to be an efficient customer service representative. There are lots of different people to work with and culture is great.
Headquarters