NCO Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun people to work with
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/QUALITY COACH (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 27, 2015
NCO was a great starting point to learn how to be an efficient customer service representative. There are lots of different people to work with and culture is great.
Pros
fun place to work!
Cons
customers can be rude.
Very team oriented made you feel apart of something good
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2014
7AM start
A team leader would give a pep talk and expectations for the day
as well whether or not there was any extra incentive for the day.
We would all be trying to secure payments for outstanding Student loans. But the floor would be split in to teams so we could compete for different extra incentives like going home early or getting your Tim Hortons supplied by the other team.

Hardest part for me was calling someone and asking them for money
sometimes on debts from so long ago that the interest was greater then the original debt it self.

I liked the team atmosphere and the extra encouragement through exciting incentives.
Pros
if you were good you would be recognized
Cons
commission based competition takes away from the team feeling
Easy work, good management, good training.
Microsoft Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 7, 2014
I had to review French ads at first. After this section was transfered to another location I was assigned to review ads in English.
Training was good, and trainers too.
Great team where people got along well.
People from different cultures, languages and religion: I learned a lot from all these people.
Pros
easy work, good co-workers and management.
Cons
even though it was repetive work, we all managed to make it interesting.
Fast paced and challenging work environment.
Accounts Receivable/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2014
Answering back to back customer calls about their cell phone service interruptions due to non-payments. Negotiating payment terms with customers to bring the account current.

I learned new things every day. I improved communication skills, negotiation skills, learned how to multi-task, how to keep up with colleagues while working and maintaining professionalism.

Very supportive Managers. Provided coaching at every opportunity so we continued to learn different ways of dealing with customers.
Pros
employee recognition
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 27, 2014
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck
Pros
nothing
Cons
worst
Good Place to Work
Collector & Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 6, 2014
I find they work similar to other call centers. I have worked for a few. They hire both full-time and part-time employees. They have a decent wage, and if you are good you can make great commissions depending on the projects you're working on. The hardest part of the job would be playing the 'bad cop'. I find it a strategic balance to be stern and convey urgency without being rude. I've seen other collectors who are rude, and there's no reason for it. You don't know the person's story. You don't want to make the job personal though. They try to create incentives to make the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
get a long lunch, have incentives, friendly staff
Cons
long hours sitting at a desk, have to sign in and out for washroom breaks, have to hit monthly quotas
It was overall a good experience
Student Tribunals (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2014
I have enjoyed working at NCO Financial Inc. I have gained a lot of important working skills from my last 9 years of employment. I have had a lot of promotions where I was a supervisor and the youngest manager of all of NCO Financial Inc (Montreal Branch), thus my review might be a little bias. I must admit the work is very demanding sometimes and can even take a huge toll in your body. However the environment of friendly supervisors/managers and employees is well worth the effort.
Pros
working environment
Cons
long hours and schedule
Business was not professional
Inbound Call Rep/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at work was Taking calls from clients about their cell phone services or products.
I learned that I was glad we didn't have sprint or t-mobile in Canada.
Management was not helpful or hardly ever available.
Co-workers were always horse playing and doing little work.
Hardest part of my job was doing more work because other employee's were too busy slacking off.
Nothing much was enjoyable about my job at NCO
Pros
free training
Cons
salary was poor, schedualing was not flexible
productive,friendly,informative
Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 22, 2014
have learned time management and how to overcome daily challenges as a team leader .Worked on various systems and explore new techs. Enjoyed team work atmosphere and found large number of friends during my job at NCO. Learned and become expert in communication and de escalation . As a mentor/supervisor ,I loved being a positive influence on others..The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting the required goal . Its a feeling of accomplishment I have everyday. I do not find any thing hard right now after working here for 6+ years.
Pros
discounted summer trips arranged by social committee
People are NCO's strength
Fraud Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 5, 2013
NCO has a knack for finding and hiring the nicest people, I'm not kidding. I find that most of the employees there are very helpful, considerate and hardworking. The work is very interesting although sometimes a bit complicated as the procedures are often changed. But the work is always interesting. The hardest part of the job can be having to wait when there is not enough work to do on the odd occasion. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help someone who has been a victim of fraud.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough computers
People are NCO's strength
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 5, 2013
I had fun at NCO Customer Management. It was a challenge that renewed every day to reach my sales goals and I was happy to see that I my sales steadily rose. I loved speaking to the BMO clients across Canada. The sales agents on my team and on the rest of the floor were hardworking people and for the most part, very individual folk with good senses of humor. One of the best things every day was the daily pep talk after lunch. It was informative and entertaining and always put me in a good mood. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with days that were shortened when the campaign ran out of leads.
Pros
cash bonuses for sales for each week's sales.
Cons
late lunch hour
A good place to work for dependable hours and salary
Enterprise Support E-mail Team Member (Former Employee) –  SarniaJuly 8, 2013
While many may not have the nicest things to say about working at NCO I didn't have any problems there. I came into do my job and left at the end of my shift. I was polite and helpful when needed. I learned sometimes when deal with customers over the phone you have to have tough skin. While they don't mean the things they say to you and you are just the next person for them to vent at it still hurts.
Pros
good wages, benefits
Cons
mean/angry customers
Supportive Place to Work
Inbound/Outbound customer service agent (APAC) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2012
Working in an inbound/outbound call center means there is lots going on. The management at NCO value their agents opinions and allow the agents to express ideas freely and without bias.
NCO also has a university which is open to all employees and can help strength skills as well as move up in the company.
Pros
supportive staff large earning potential
Cons
base salary is not that great. however the sales bonues are great
i enjoyed the people i worked with and it was secure but the actual work was just not for me.
Customer services operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Working at NCO had alot of benifits to it and i did work with great people and my management was great, working on the phones i learned great people skills and how to deal with bad situations and to stay calm. I do enjoy working with people but being there working in a cubical was not for me so i am seeking for a job with more human interaction with people.
Pros
good managment
Cons
being in a desk all day
good starter job
Skip Tracer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 19, 2012
A typical day consisted of researching debtors and locating them so the collectors discuss payment options with them to repay their debt.

This job helped me become more efficient at using the internet and doing research.

Most of the managers were ok to work for but there are quiet a few of them that are extreme power trippers

Most of the employess were friendly.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the verbal abuse you received from some of the debtors.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the bonus you received if you reached your quota and the extra bonus you received on top of that for finishing among 3 in your division.
Overall I really enjoyed the job and loved dealing with the customers. The only issue I had was trying to meet the sales quota's.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONOctober 2, 2012
Very busy, I learned how to deal with the public by giving them excellent customer service. All my co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was certain time limits on the phone, sales quota's you had to achieve monthly. When you helped the customer with their problems.
Pros
flexible hours and the variety of duties
Cons
certain time limits on helping the customers
Fast paced and nice people to work with
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONOctober 26, 2012
Very fast paced environment, with changes ongoing in the work week.

Management is always there to help and my co-workers are all fantastic people who go out of their way to help with any problems.

The hardest part of 3rd party collections is the learning of Government laws and what you can and can't do as every Province in Canada has different priorities. The hours of operation are very difficult as you are required to do 4 different shifts in 1 week of work to appease the client you are collecting for.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people you talk to on a daily basis and the people I work with day to day.
Cons
hours of work eg. 4 different shifts in 1 work week
Fun fast paced work environment.
Inbound Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 31, 2013
My typical day would start early in the morning, I learned an ample amount about cell phones as I worked for the Rogers part. Co-workers were great I actully made a few life long friendships. Management was not as helpful as I think they should be, when you start they make it seem as advancement within the company is high, to later find out not so much. My most enjoyable part of my job is im always busy dealing with a customer, I love working with people and figuring out any problem solving there may be.
In general NCO was a good company to work for
call taker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 30, 2013
after sign in, most of the time not very busy,sometimes it would pick up, it was noisy,to much of chatter among workers, to long to wait for assistance from supervisors,some days it got very chaotic,,job security was an issue.projects closing. i learned that there are many in house systems . but generally easy to learn.I enjoyed co workers made some long term friendships.being kept up to date on changes was difficult, most of the time not given enough time to learn changes.Having a happy customer was the best part it was a daily thing for me.And some of the incentives were fun, played games.
Pros
i was employed for 4 years.
Cons
not enough notice about daily changes..
my job at nco .tsr.enjoyed .shift. people
Outbound Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 10, 2012
My job at NCO I enjoyed hated when it close .My day there was alway talking on the phones to different people This would start at 900 am until n400 or sometimes later if i would stay .Which I did alot . The people I worked with were great our spare time we would have different even like poylucks for lunch so you could get to know everyone in your group .My supervisors were change alot But this was great you alway had new ways of doing thing which way fine with me .The manger would hold different even for all that worked like contest for different item as well as carnaivills .
Pros
loved meeting and talking to the different people
Cons
some call were bad

2.9