NCO Group

NCO Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The people I worked with made the experience worth it
Collections/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), columbus ohioFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: met life long friends
Cons: the pay
Handled 300-400 outbound calls daily trying to get individuals to pay what they owe.
The past few months there seems to be a problem keeping clients. They will usuually stay for 6 months and then they are gone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: employes were great to work with, we had our own workstatione, everyone seemed to work well together. you felt like they were your family, your work station was assigned to you, so we were able to bring in some personal items to sit with us.
Cons: seem to have problems keeping clients
A typical day would consist of clocking in and pulling up our programs for calls that we will be taking. I would always try to prepare myself with different scenarios of how the calls may run for that day. I had to constantly check in all the tools we worked with to make sure there were no changes. The co-workers were great. Everyone tried to help each – more... other, if help was needed. We felt like we were all family. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what the next call would be about, if the person may be upset over something or very upset. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers working together. – less
Get in/ Get out
CSR (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: not really any dress code, free parking
Cons: not on bus routes, not located near food and very few places deliver, management really needs to work out their problems.
There are a lot of great people who work here; quite the variety too. No requirements for hair color or much of a dress code. Reasonable hours that were

Ultimately the greatest failing is the management, some of them have that special ability to motivate people under them. Unfortunately those people are few and far between. It was also quickly apparent – more... that payroll there was haphazard with some people routinely getting shorted on their checks and having to have it made up the next week.

There was also a feeling that things were often being done that didn't seem legit to manipulate the monthly bonus in our site's favor.

All and all I'd say that if you are just starting out feel free to apply. Just be sure to keep your eyes closed to what is going on around you and make sure that you keep careful track of your hours. – less
Very productive and rewarding. Great management and work ethic. Fun and friendly environment to work at.
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Tijuana,BC,MexicoJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, supersivors recognized and awarded your hard work
Cons: long hours sitting on a chair calling debtors.
Job started at 7 am. I usually got there 30 min earlier and got a cup of coffee and hab breakfast in the Collection Department kitchen.

I started calling debtors at 7am using a computer database which automatically filtered debtors in the US by location, to make sure we didn't call before the allowed time fame (following FDCPA).
On a regular day I – more... would get mostly hang-ups, but had to make at least 25 contacts with a debtor, and had to reach a monthly goal of collections.
I learned patience with debtors, since I was not allowed to say anything offensive to them even if I was offended, and learned the federal guidelines collectors have to follow.
The hardest part of the job was reaching a negotation with the debtor, and finding the most persuasive argument in order for them to pay their debt.
The most enjoyable part was when I helped a debtor by providing them options,and when they opened themselves to me (which happened every one in a while). Helping others is what I liked the most, definitely.

Management was really good. My co-workers and supervisors were all very friendly, and cooperative. The general environment was competitive but friendly, which is a rare combination. – less
Call Center for Best Buy
CSR (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Manage incoming phone calls. I learned a lot about the different type of computers,tv's and, Home Theater systems.The management is okay they get the job done. The hardest part of the job was working with the computer systems used to manage customer records. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to different people everyday.
Catty workplace with snotty people that think they are better than you, but they live with their momma
NCO EMW Rep (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 20, 2014
Cons: everything
This is the worse job I have ever had... EVER

I am a current employee and I have been with the company over a year.

Within my first three months with the company, there was a man harassing me. He would tell his female friends that he "didn't want to cathc a charge" whenever I walked by them on my way to my lunch or break.

The people that work at – more... this company are ill, rude, and racist.

I would only advise people to apply here if they live at home with their momma, because they NEVER give raises. Everyone makes 9.08$. It doesn't matter if you've been with this company for 7+ years, you do not get a raise.

There is no way of moving up with the company unless you are related to someone in a higher position, or the two of you are really great friends.

They do give free popcorn on Fridays, HOWEVER this building is filled with roaches, therefore you may be eating little roach eggs. Good luck with that.

OH! And let me not fail to mention the customers! They cuss you, tell you that you're a pos, they treat you like dirt, and since you have to keep under 3min and 25 sec per phone call, but want you to handle every inquary!

Again, good luck to you if you apply to this company. – less
It's was a good learning company.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), North Augusta, SCJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: i have a job.
Cons: don't care management. don't like to reward good employee.
I learned a lot about the collection service and I like the job. The company want us harass the people but can't because I have been there.
not a good place to work
Bill Collector (Former Employee), virginia beach, VAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: benefits, low pay, no advancement
this job is somewhat descent but I will not advice anyone to work here, only because this job is really not guarantee.. the pay is low.. no raises, and management terrible, they really do not care for there employees.
Worst company I have ever worked for!!!
Post Purchase Support/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 28, 2013
Pros: none!!!
Cons: everything!!!
Only apply to this company if you do not care how you are valued. This is the absolute worst company that I have EVER worked for!! They do not value their employees, no one within management is on the same accord, and you are not given all of the tools necessary to do your job correctly. They change your schedules w/o warning and have no regard as to – more... whether or not your are able to work the hours. Employees actually lost their health insurance due to mandatory under time!! The only reason why the majority of us are still there is because we're still seeking other employment. I have not come across one person in this company who actually cares about if they were to get fired or laid off. That's how horrible it is!! – less
Good People
Agent Collector (Former Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 30, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: bad accounts
NCO was full of great people. I enjoyed each day there and in doing my job responsibilities

Ive learned an excessive amount there.
Management was very fair.
Co-workers i got along with everybody.
hardest part of the job was getting people on the phone.
most enjoyable part was the people working there
Not a good place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 26, 2013
Pros: fun activities
Cons: lousy pay
This place doesn't give raises. The pay is low. The work is tough. The people are all full of Diva drama. Watch your backs here!
Worked there-dying business
Collector (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaNovember 26, 2013
Pros: there is no free lunch, no carcinogens inhailed, you wont lose a finger
Cons: revolving door, work hard all day for nothing, "you're going where?..the bathroom??"
Collections is not a hard job, but being sedentary and being stared down all day in hopes that someone will stay on the line after you verify their name, address, soc sec# etc and within a 10% chance they have money to pay is exhausting and frustrating. How can you blame a collector if 3 people get on the line all day, one bankruptcy, one broke and – more... unemployed, the other you'll see whats left after next months check? Easily apparently! NCO now has the typically corporate secretive mentality thats undermining this country and polarizing the "classes", causing more working class poor. It deserves the respect it gives-none. – less
Good memories
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Quezon CityNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunc
I was happy to be part of NCO, first becuase we are located in an A Lister building where Philippines biggest Entertainment Network is located, you can pretty much say i ride the same lift with Philippines famous actors and actresses. well that was just a plus. whenever i recall my stay with NCO all i can remember how happy i am to be working with them. – more... i was put in an account where you can easily resolve peoples issue and get the job done with out a sweat. – less
Productive Work Place
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 16, 2013
Nco Group was very business orientated. The management made sure that it was something every other week to reward the call reps for there outstanding job performances. It was a Great Experience.
Customer Service/Collector
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MONovember 7, 2013
answer incoming calls from sprint customer's that are high risk accounts.
the customer may want to make a payment or set up a payment arrangement.
supervisor's are great to work with and they have good coaching skills.
Not bad
Real Time Analyst (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNNovember 7, 2013
Not a bad place to work, advancement from within primarily. Relaxed atmosphere with mostly great coworkers.

Management makes all decision for business needs.
fun atmosphere
Call representative (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: casual dress down every friday
Cons: n/a
i love working in. typical day is coming in logging into your phone and you start your day waiting for that first customer to come through on you line. i love working with my coworkers they made the time go by so fast at work. i dont feel that the job was hard to do because i enjoyed it. most enjoyable part was meeting different people on the phone – more... from all walks of life. the managers there were great – less
customer service (Former Employee), Marikina, P00October 27, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: employees are not well informed about the policies
People are so good.
good environment.
just need to polish their rules
fun workplace and challenging
Telemarketer (AT&T) (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: 1hr lunch and two 15min breaks and discounts
It's a fun and challenging job. I learned to sale to customers over the phone and make them feel comfortable as possible. I had great leadership they were very helpful,and my co-workers worked hard. I least enjoyed not reaching my goal and i most enjoyed getting more than my goal.
Very hetic
EOS Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 7, 2013
Pros: hour lunch/local
Cons: too many to list
Communication with management was stress full. Each supervisor would tell you how to do something different and then the other would ask you why you did it that way.

About NCO Group

NCO Group, Inc. (NCO) is a holding company and conducts substantially all of its business operations through its subsidiaries. – Read more