NCO Group Employee Reviews

good support system
good managers
good shift hours
very clean
Good job for bilingual newcomers
Collecteur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 March 2014
Typically we had to speak with 13 customers every hour. Outgoing calls went uninterrupted. Usually I had no time to catch my breath. Occasionally I had to deal with irate customers. After 8 hours of this job I was rarely able to work extra hours.

I learned how to deal with human anger and that people are the same wherever you go.

Management tried to be accessible and if there was an issue, they were always there to offer you an advice and / or coaching. Great guys! They are professionals. They tried not to top customer-generated stress with unrealistic expectations.

My co-workers were great! The problem was that I barely knew most of them, since we tried not to speak during our breaks. Those I knew (from training and breaks) are great! But the issue is that you are always one on one with you customer and you have no time to speak with anybody else.

The hardest par of the job is that your throat and your butt is paining and there is no way to escape it since you are «wired» to you working place. Irate customers add to the hardships of workers.

I enjoyed the most the sense of fulfilment when I could deal a tough case of a nice customer or to calm down somebody who tried to play tough with me.
Pros
Good health care benefits
Cons
Work conditions
Good Place of work for those who wanna enter in CS profession.
Real Time Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 July 2012
As i said its a good place to work and learn, if you wanna enter in Customer service profession. but the company Management it self so bad, they know that people who are coming to work they are new so they are not offering good salary. Employee turn over is so high because of this issue.
Very well organized Call Centre.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 July 2013
Lots of training and work shops on the job.

The management was very supportive and the incentive programs were excellent.

The benefits package was very good.
Pros
Lots of fun and appreciated each employee.
Cons
sometimes the teams were very big lots of employees.
Great place to work, learned a lot about sales and computer preograms
Inbound Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 September 2014
A typical day at work was logging into all the different programs as well as phone. Then answering incoming calls and either transferring to correct Sprint departments or selling products and services to customer. I learned a lot about customer service as well as up selling products and different computer programs. Management was great, always there if you needed to ask any questions etc. Co workers we're all very friendly. Hardest part of the job was learning all of the different techniques to up selling accessories and products at first. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience and knowledge that I was able to gain from working there.
Pros
incentives/bonuses
Good Place to Work
Collector & Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 July 2014
I find they work similar to other call centers. I have worked for a few. They hire both full-time and part-time employees. They have a decent wage, and if you are good you can make great commissions depending on the projects you're working on. The hardest part of the job would be playing the 'bad cop'. I find it a strategic balance to be stern and convey urgency without being rude. I've seen other collectors who are rude, and there's no reason for it. You don't know the person's story. You don't want to make the job personal though. They try to create incentives to make the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
Get a long lunch, have incentives, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours sitting at a desk, have to sign in and out for washroom breaks, have to hit monthly quotas
Loved the hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 May 2014
There was always over time. The co-workers were great, as were the management and I liked the work itself. The hardest part of the job was the people who called in completely frustrated and ready to yell; however the best part of the job was calming these people down and closing the conversation in a mutually satisfying agreement or understanding. I enjoyed solving people's problems, and ensuring they were getting the best service for their money. This job made me realize that every single employee leaves a lasting impression to the customer, and even one bad call could jeopardize an entire companies reputation.
I took pride in my work and I cared for every single one of the people I served no matter how difficult.
I learned true empathy and I treated everyone how I'd want to be treated.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
I don't think there were any.
Productive, fast paced, service oriented work environment
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2014
Listening to agent-customer interactions to assure quality
Patience and perseverance
Helpful and friendly
Like a family
When a customer asks for what is not possible
To help resolve even the toughest of situations
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours at times
Very serious company
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2013
Nco is a typical collection agency where you have to be very focus and willing to solve any kind of problem.
Sometimes help from a supervisor or colleague is needed.
Is a friendly environment with a lot a pressure on certain moments.
Pros
very flexible dress code
Cons
no raise on the last couple of years
NCO is a World Leader in BPO known for it's dynamic , fast paced and results oriented working environment
Fraud Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal8 May 2012
My time at NCO has been a very interesting journey , starting as a debt collector, moving on to a collection supervisor position and eventually project management all within the first 2 years .I was able to learn all about the credit card industry while leading my team towards success.Ranking 1st place for 11 consecutive months amongst 3 competitors, my proven success in collections helped me find my way to the fraud department In 2008 , where i was given the opportunity to accepted a job as a manager for the same client. In this realm i was able to focus on developing client relationships and my analytical skills in order to lead a team of fraud account supervisors. I was responsible for ensuring client requirements were met while maintaining a positive working environment and team spirit.
Pros
fantastic team spirit
Cons
prefer not to comment
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 May 2014
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck
Pros
Cons
Worst
Fast paced and nice people to work with
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 October 2012
Very fast paced environment, with changes ongoing in the work week.

Management is always there to help and my co-workers are all fantastic people who go out of their way to help with any problems.

The hardest part of 3rd party collections is the learning of Government laws and what you can and can't do as every Province in Canada has different priorities. The hours of operation are very difficult as you are required to do 4 different shifts in 1 week of work to appease the client you are collecting for.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people you talk to on a daily basis and the people I work with day to day.
Cons
hours of work eg. 4 different shifts in 1 work week
People are NCO's strength
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 August 2013
I had fun at NCO Customer Management. It was a challenge that renewed every day to reach my sales goals and I was happy to see that I my sales steadily rose. I loved speaking to the BMO clients across Canada. The sales agents on my team and on the rest of the floor were hardworking people and for the most part, very individual folk with good senses of humor. One of the best things every day was the daily pep talk after lunch. It was informative and entertaining and always put me in a good mood. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with days that were shortened when the campaign ran out of leads.
Pros
Cash Bonuses for sales for each week's sales.
Cons
Late lunch hour
In general NCO was a good company to work for
call taker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 January 2013
after sign in, most of the time not very busy,sometimes it would pick up, it was noisy,to much of chatter among workers, to long to wait for assistance from supervisors,some days it got very chaotic,,job security was an issue.projects closing. i learned that there are many in house systems . but generally easy to learn.I enjoyed co workers made some long term friendships.being kept up to date on changes was difficult, most of the time not given enough time to learn changes.Having a happy customer was the best part it was a daily thing for me.And some of the incentives were fun, played games.
Pros
i was employed for 4 years.
Cons
not enough notice about daily changes..
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 September 2015
During a typical day at work I am responsible for taking calls and booking appointments for a variety of HVAC-related issues. We consider ourselves the front line staff for our customers who are experiencing equipment breakdowns, or who wish to simply discuss their accounts.

Occasionally, I act as a supervisor in the Customer Care department where we try our very best to resolve any customer issues with billing, or with services associated with their accounts.
Fun atmospher
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 August 2015
Answering inbound calls, e-mails and live chats with customers having troubles with their devices. Technical support and resolution.

Must be patient because most of the callers call only when they have trouble and are frustrated.

You have supervisor after you all the time as he's following and monitoring your activities.

Cool environment as there are coworkers all around you ready to help.

When communication is not clear between you and the callers.

When every team talk about the bonus and others stuffs.
Pros
Training for new application and expectaion for upcoming new products in the markets.
Cons
No realy wage increase.
Fun and easy
Fraud Agent/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 June 2013
It's fun to work at NCO! Has a diverse group of people, which you'll encounter in a daily basis. In fraud department (Capital One), we operate 7 days a week. What's nice in this department we have the option to work 4 days a week having 3 days off or 5 days a week having 2 days off whichever will suit you. You'll have a regular weekly team meeting with your supervisor and if there are updates that you need to know they will ask you to go online in Capital One University site. Supervisors and managers are approachable. I guess the hardest part of the job is having a night shift in your schedule meaning working until 11 pm. But in general, it's an easy job. I would recommend this job especially to those people who are studying or who are doing double jobs. What i learned in this company, since it has a diverse group of people you have to be careful and be sensitive to the beliefs of others. What is important is that you always respect each other and give a helping hand when others need it.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Minimum Salary
productive,friendly,informative
Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2014
have learned time management and how to overcome daily challenges as a team leader .Worked on various systems and explore new techs. Enjoyed team work atmosphere and found large number of friends during my job at NCO. Learned and become expert in communication and de escalation . As a mentor/supervisor ,I loved being a positive influence on others..The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting the required goal . Its a feeling of accomplishment I have everyday. I do not find any thing hard right now after working here for 6+ years.
Pros
discounted summer trips arranged by social committee
NO COMMENT
Fraud risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2015
healthcare is not affordable, pay does not compare to the job function, breaks are too short for those that work 4 x 10's, you are wrote up for everything, you have to resolve your own computer issues, if not signed in on time and you are having computer issues then you get an infraction, no one listens to each other from management on down, 10 minutes per week of personal time off the phones for bathroom breaks
Pros
nlimited overtime
Cons
the pay was very low
A good place to work for dependable hours and salary
Enterprise Support E-mail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia8 July 2013
While many may not have the nicest things to say about working at NCO I didn't have any problems there. I came into do my job and left at the end of my shift. I was polite and helpful when needed. I learned sometimes when deal with customers over the phone you have to have tough skin. While they don't mean the things they say to you and you are just the next person for them to vent at it still hurts.
Pros
Good wages, benefits
Cons
Mean/Angry customers

2.9