NCO Group Employee Reviews

Competitive salary, friendly co-workers
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2016
Good place to work, Management treats you fairly and co workers are good and supportive.

location located right outside Lawrence station making it easily accessible
social place
Collector (Former Employee) –  brantford, ont.5 November 2013
this was a call center and a very social place
there was no place for advancement and the pay was not sufficient to support myself or family
Pros
met alot of people and obtained contacts
Cons
management and salary
Challenging Enterprise
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2014
NCO is a daily challenging enterprise as one need to meet its daily requirements in terms of quality control, in dealing with customers and in the amount of money collecting per hour from customers.
However, it is a good experience as one is able to push oneself beyond its limit.
Pros
A guaranteed job
Cons
Low salary
Patience was required
Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 March 2013
A typical day involved either helping people or having people angry at you.
I learned patience and restraint.
Hardest part of the job was waiting to be connected to a customer.
Most enjoyable was having people recognize I was there to help.
benefits
Cons
unstable employement
Possibly the worst collections agency to work at.
Agent de Recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 January 2013
Minimum Wage (with no commission) no possibility of advancement unless you know someone high up or dedicate your life to the company.

The management was awful, mainly using an intimidation based chain of command. Everyone is stressed, you sometimes spend 4 hours without a break if it's crunch time, which was every Thursday and Friday.

Your job is secure only as long as there isn't a cheaper alternative as the majority of their contracts are on one year terms.
Pros
if you can last a year there, you can work any collections job happily afterwards.
Cons
bad pay, intimidation tactics to try to create efficiency, constant stress in and outside of work, very little possibility of advancement no matter how hard you work to get there, etc.
High stress level job
Licensed (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2016
Calling debtors to try and retrieve over due payments on debts. Giving advice on how to consolidated debt. Tracking down debtors that have moved, changed phone numbers or that have passed away.
was a good job for a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 April 2016
i liked the people that i worked with and the hours i am not really a phone person but over all i did like the job and would work in another job like it if i had too but i prefer customer service instead
Pros
good pay and good people
Cons
iritated customers
very fun environment
Geek Squad Mission Controller (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2013
log into our computers and phones and start taking calls.
I learned many skills such as patience, simple computer troubleshooting such as wireless connection resolution, new computer programs specialized for GeekSquad, setting up in-house appointments for Technicians.
The management team was great, they were very helpful, patient and willing to take time out of their busy day to assist with supervisor calls and teaching new resolutions.
I have made a lot of great friends who were also co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme high call volumes and stress trying to figure out a solution for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping people with their issues and making new and good friends.
Pros
once a month pot lucks, free lunches and met great new friends
Cons
long hours, stressful trying to fix an issue when a few of the attempts did not work.
Working with and helping people resolve thier Debits
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2016
On the phone with people for 7 hours a day
Patience
Always willing to help you succeed and meet your target
Fun and friendly
Not able to help people resolve their situation for numerous reasons
Working with other to help and resolve their debits
Pros
Helping and working with people
fun workplace and very rewarding
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Clark Freeport Zone, P0315 November 2013
The company was good to me, with good salary. They give reward to hardworking and diligent workers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
graveyardshift
Typical day
General Manager/Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 November 2014
Fun fast paced environment, enjoyed working their with fair compensation
Pros
fun environment
Cons
londer hours
It was overall a good experience
Student Tribunals (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2014
I have enjoyed working at NCO Financial Inc. I have gained a lot of important working skills from my last 9 years of employment. I have had a lot of promotions where I was a supervisor and the youngest manager of all of NCO Financial Inc (Montreal Branch), thus my review might be a little bias. I must admit the work is very demanding sometimes and can even take a huge toll in your body. However the environment of friendly supervisors/managers and employees is well worth the effort.
Pros
working environment
Cons
long hours and schedule
good boss
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 January 2013
Good team work....salary was good but the place was closing.
Pros
good location 4 travel
Cons
good hours
NCO Financials
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 August 2012
Typical day at work was answering inbound calls regarding accounts, activations, closure, billing, complaints etc.

I have learned to multi-task, deal with irate customers, handle billing, learned more about credit/credit cards etc.

Management was not very good.

Co-workers were okay. There was a lot of drama at this work place.

The hardest part of the job were how most of the calls were from irate customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I made a good friend from working there.
Pros
made a good friend.
Cons
a lot of stress, no work/life balance.
Fun fast paced work environment.
Inbound Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 January 2013
My typical day would start early in the morning, I learned an ample amount about cell phones as I worked for the Rogers part. Co-workers were great I actully made a few life long friendships. Management was not as helpful as I think they should be, when you start they make it seem as advancement within the company is high, to later find out not so much. My most enjoyable part of my job is im always busy dealing with a customer, I love working with people and figuring out any problem solving there may be.
Great management team
Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 June 2015
* started at 10am, finished at 7pm, work in various ques (inbound or outbound)
*learned how to interpret customer's credit history and fraudulent trends
*dynamic and young management team
*co-workers with different backgrounds, fun to connect with them
*hardest part-being on a chair for 8 hours
*catching fraud
Pros
Frequent updates on new fraud trends, flexible scedule
Cons
Sitting for long hours
Friendly environment
Payment Procssing (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 March 2016
Feel motivated in working there.

They have good trainer's and they help the employee in any difficult situation.

Everyday there are new challenges with the job, but the supervisor's motivate the agents.
Good Place to Work
Collector & Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 July 2014
I find they work similar to other call centers. I have worked for a few. They hire both full-time and part-time employees. They have a decent wage, and if you are good you can make great commissions depending on the projects you're working on. The hardest part of the job would be playing the 'bad cop'. I find it a strategic balance to be stern and convey urgency without being rude. I've seen other collectors who are rude, and there's no reason for it. You don't know the person's story. You don't want to make the job personal though. They try to create incentives to make the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
Get a long lunch, have incentives, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours sitting at a desk, have to sign in and out for washroom breaks, have to hit monthly quotas
None stop environment with energetic people
Administrative support representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2015
A typical day involves day to day tasked that need to be done. Such as reports and data entry when need be. taking on other work when have free time.
Management at this point in is in a changing processes.
My co- workers some are fun to be around and there are some that are negative, however you can find that happy medium.
The hardest part is when there is a lack of work and I am doing nothing, looking for work to do and try to make sure i keep myself busy. The enjoy part of my day is getting all my work done by the end of the day with out having a back log of work to be done
Pros
Coffee as we please
Cons
lack of work
under paid for the hard work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2015
Lots to do in this company, lots of room to grow for the company itself. Strong work connections, lots of many different cultures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9