NCO Group Employee Reviews in Canada

None stop environment with energetic people
Administrative support representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 2, 2015
A typical day involves day to day tasked that need to be done. Such as reports and data entry when need be. taking on other work when have free time.
Management at this point in is in a changing processes.
My co- workers some are fun to be around and there are some that are negative, however you can find that happy medium.
The hardest part is when there is a lack of work and I am doing nothing, looking for work to do and try to make sure i keep myself busy. The enjoy part of my day is getting all my work done by the end of the day with out having a back log of work to be done
Pros
Coffee as we please
Cons
lack of work
Patience was required
Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMarch 25, 2013
A typical day involved either helping people or having people angry at you.
I learned patience and restraint.
Hardest part of the job was waiting to be connected to a customer.
Most enjoyable was having people recognize I was there to help.
benefits
Cons
unstable employement
Productive Workplace
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 8, 2015
The hardest part of this job was that I was hired as a C.S.R. and I quickly realized that sales was really more important than customer service.
Pros
I gained some useful computer & customer service skills.
Cons
The day was very monotonous.
Typical day
General Manager/Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 14, 2014
Fun fast paced environment, enjoyed working their with fair compensation
Pros
fun environment
Cons
londer hours
Possibly the worst collections agency to work at.
Agent de Recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2013
Minimum Wage (with no commission) no possibility of advancement unless you know someone high up or dedicate your life to the company.

The management was awful, mainly using an intimidation based chain of command. Everyone is stressed, you sometimes spend 4 hours without a break if it's crunch time, which was every Thursday and Friday.

Your job is secure only as long as there isn't a cheaper alternative as the majority of their contracts are on one year terms.
Pros
if you can last a year there, you can work any collections job happily afterwards.
Cons
bad pay, intimidation tactics to try to create efficiency, constant stress in and outside of work, very little possibility of advancement no matter how hard you work to get there, etc.
very fun environment
Geek Squad Mission Controller (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 4, 2013
log into our computers and phones and start taking calls.
I learned many skills such as patience, simple computer troubleshooting such as wireless connection resolution, new computer programs specialized for GeekSquad, setting up in-house appointments for Technicians.
The management team was great, they were very helpful, patient and willing to take time out of their busy day to assist with supervisor calls and teaching new resolutions.
I have made a lot of great friends who were also co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme high call volumes and stress trying to figure out a solution for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping people with their issues and making new and good friends.
Pros
once a month pot lucks, free lunches and met great new friends
Cons
long hours, stressful trying to fix an issue when a few of the attempts did not work.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative/Fraud Agent, NCO (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 23, 2015
a great place to work, co-workers and supervisors willing to help with any problems that came along. A great supply of information provided with any questions on a call, full access to information.
Pros
getting free coffee/treats on Fridays
Cons
Too far to travel (over 2 hours one way
fun workplace and very rewarding
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Clark Freeport Zone, P03November 15, 2013
The company was good to me, with good salary. They give reward to hardworking and diligent workers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
graveyardshift
It was overall a good experience
Student Tribunals (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 9, 2014
I have enjoyed working at NCO Financial Inc. I have gained a lot of important working skills from my last 9 years of employment. I have had a lot of promotions where I was a supervisor and the youngest manager of all of NCO Financial Inc (Montreal Branch), thus my review might be a little bias. I must admit the work is very demanding sometimes and can even take a huge toll in your body. However the environment of friendly supervisors/managers and employees is well worth the effort.
Pros
working environment
Cons
long hours and schedule
great place friendly environment
collector (Former Employee) –  yonge and LawrenceAugust 4, 2015
The job taught me a lot about dealing with people, strengthening my interpersonal and communication skills. Collections tests your ability to deal with difficult people and situations.
Cons
When I started there, they were much more willing to cater to student schedules; that change a lot over a short span of time which was really inconvenient.
Pros
great hours
Cons
location
good boss
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 13, 2013
Good team work....salary was good but the place was closing.
Pros
good location 4 travel
Cons
good hours
NCO Financials
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 9, 2012
Typical day at work was answering inbound calls regarding accounts, activations, closure, billing, complaints etc.

I have learned to multi-task, deal with irate customers, handle billing, learned more about credit/credit cards etc.

Management was not very good.

Co-workers were okay. There was a lot of drama at this work place.

The hardest part of the job were how most of the calls were from irate customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I made a good friend from working there.
Pros
made a good friend.
Cons
a lot of stress, no work/life balance.
Fun fast paced work environment.
Inbound Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 31, 2013
My typical day would start early in the morning, I learned an ample amount about cell phones as I worked for the Rogers part. Co-workers were great I actully made a few life long friendships. Management was not as helpful as I think they should be, when you start they make it seem as advancement within the company is high, to later find out not so much. My most enjoyable part of my job is im always busy dealing with a customer, I love working with people and figuring out any problem solving there may be.
cold calling
Telephone Sales Representative/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 27, 2015
Cold calling of clients can be both good and bad, a lot of perspective clients do not want to talk to you. Calls come in fast so you need always be ready for the next call. After getting off the phones I was responsible for sending calls to other representative to keep them busy, file daily reports to track performance. I also talked to clients of the projects over the phone to ensure their goals were being met and act on any of there concerns/requests.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
calling perspective clients at home
Good Place to Work
Collector & Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 6, 2014
I find they work similar to other call centers. I have worked for a few. They hire both full-time and part-time employees. They have a decent wage, and if you are good you can make great commissions depending on the projects you're working on. The hardest part of the job would be playing the 'bad cop'. I find it a strategic balance to be stern and convey urgency without being rude. I've seen other collectors who are rude, and there's no reason for it. You don't know the person's story. You don't want to make the job personal though. They try to create incentives to make the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
get a long lunch, have incentives, friendly staff
Cons
long hours sitting at a desk, have to sign in and out for washroom breaks, have to hit monthly quotas
good place to work
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONApril 12, 2015
• Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owe.
• Handle each call promptly and in the correct manner, updating records accordingly.
• Collect payments or make payment arrangements on past due accounts.
• Advise customers of next steps, fees, due dates, timelines, and other valid rogers information.
• Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds.
• Ensuring all contact information of the customer is up to date and correct.
• Follow strict Company policies and procedures at all times, ensuring that legislative requirements are met.
• Manage customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm.
NO COMMENT
Fraud risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2015
healthcare is not affordable, pay does not compare to the job function, breaks are too short for those that work 4 x 10's, you are wrote up for everything, you have to resolve your own computer issues, if not signed in on time and you are having computer issues then you get an infraction, no one listens to each other from management on down, 10 minutes per week of personal time off the phones for bathroom breaks
Pros
nlimited overtime
Cons
the pay was very low
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK & SETTLEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2015
Great staff and management team, I was pleased with the training and experience provided. I would recommend this place of employment to anybody. I had a positive experience
Great place to work, learned a lot about sales and computer preograms
Inbound Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at work was logging into all the different programs as well as phone. Then answering incoming calls and either transferring to correct Sprint departments or selling products and services to customer. I learned a lot about customer service as well as up selling products and different computer programs. Management was great, always there if you needed to ask any questions etc. Co workers we're all very friendly. Hardest part of the job was learning all of the different techniques to up selling accessories and products at first. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience and knowledge that I was able to gain from working there.
Pros
incentives/bonuses
Salaries has to be improved
Agent de recouvrement de comptes a risques (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 27, 2015
Good general atmosphere,