NCO Group Employee Reviews in Canada

I absolutely enjoy reaching out to people with new products and ideas.
Customer Financial Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2014
Work in a fast-paced call center to initiate outbound calls to potential and existing customers.
I work well as a part of a team, as well as on my own. It is important to be able to keep all the team members informed, as working together on many sales. It is an interesting environment, and I find it enjoyable and challenging.
I am always so concerned about everything being done right and on time that I can get stuck in that mentality, Unfortunately, that’s not always possible.
Typical call cente job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pretty relaxed place to work and the benefits started right away which was very nice. I had a month of training and a lot of help to get through it.

Typical call centre type work, answering calls, checking account information, adding plans too account and yah, selling which honestly was pretty easy. Just mention one promotion and you're done, Great environment for young people as 75 percent of employees under 25,
Productive Environment
Customer Service Outbound (Fraud Agent) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2014
Hard working employees
Learn to assist customers and investigate fraudulence
Pros
incentives
Cons
strict management
very productive and friendly work place
collection agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 16, 2014
The best time period of my life was with NCO, everybody was ready to help each other, excellent management and very co-operative team
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONOctober 7, 2014
An interesting but very stressful job. Set up phone accounts for inmates in the U.S. Dealt with different situations and good at defusing difficult situations.
Pros
customer service
Cons
shift work
A productive and organized workplace
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 6, 2014
I worked with a variety of different people from different professional, and educational backgrounds. We learned how to effectively communicate with each other as well as our customers. I learned how to multi task efficiently and effectively. I also enhanced my teamwork skills and communication skills.
Pros
interesting coworkers
Cons
angry customers
Fun to work at, but little to no advancement opportunity
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 23, 2014
Tons of fun to work with likeminded students, but burger flipping gets old fast. Not to mention, no matter how hard you work, you still can't advance, and you're not compensated in any way for excelling and going beyond expectations.

I trained half of the staff that was present when I changed jobs and was never promoted or given a raise.
Pros
great discounts, great mood
Cons
little to no opportunity of advancement
Poor depressing company to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QcSeptember 21, 2014
Calling people to tell them they ows the company xyz money,

Poor depressing management that don't really care.

Dead end job, its a rotating door that will hire and fire anyone that shows up.

Forget about making a bonus...lol

Lack of professionalism

If you are too good, the managers will be nervous about loosing there job to you so they will find a way to fire you.
Pros
next to a metro
Cons
depressing american cultured company
Great place to work, learned a lot about sales and computer preograms
Inbound Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at work was logging into all the different programs as well as phone. Then answering incoming calls and either transferring to correct Sprint departments or selling products and services to customer. I learned a lot about customer service as well as up selling products and different computer programs. Management was great, always there if you needed to ask any questions etc. Co workers we're all very friendly. Hardest part of the job was learning all of the different techniques to up selling accessories and products at first. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience and knowledge that I was able to gain from working there.
Pros
incentives/bonuses
Very team oriented made you feel apart of something good
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2014
7AM start
A team leader would give a pep talk and expectations for the day
as well whether or not there was any extra incentive for the day.
We would all be trying to secure payments for outstanding Student loans. But the floor would be split in to teams so we could compete for different extra incentives like going home early or getting your Tim Hortons supplied by the other team.

Hardest part for me was calling someone and asking them for money
sometimes on debts from so long ago that the interest was greater then the original debt it self.

I liked the team atmosphere and the extra encouragement through exciting incentives.
Pros
if you were good you would be recognized
Cons
commission based competition takes away from the team feeling
Wouldn't recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 18, 2014
Only good thing about this company are the employees. The management team for the campaign I was involved in had to much favoritism in it.
Challenging Enterprise
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 10, 2014
NCO is a daily challenging enterprise as one need to meet its daily requirements in terms of quality control, in dealing with customers and in the amount of money collecting per hour from customers.
However, it is a good experience as one is able to push oneself beyond its limit.
Pros
a guaranteed job
Cons
low salary
Bonus
Team leader/Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2014
I would have to say the same applies to NCO as it did Gatestone
Pros
free lunches
Cons
suing people
Productive and great place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 20, 2014
typical day is entering data of various different spreadsheets and updating info
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
Easy work, good management, good training.
Microsoft Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 7, 2014
I had to review French ads at first. After this section was transfered to another location I was assigned to review ads in English.
Training was good, and trainers too.
Great team where people got along well.
People from different cultures, languages and religion: I learned a lot from all these people.
Pros
easy work, good co-workers and management.
Cons
even though it was repetive work, we all managed to make it interesting.
Good Place to Work
Collector & Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 6, 2014
I find they work similar to other call centers. I have worked for a few. They hire both full-time and part-time employees. They have a decent wage, and if you are good you can make great commissions depending on the projects you're working on. The hardest part of the job would be playing the 'bad cop'. I find it a strategic balance to be stern and convey urgency without being rude. I've seen other collectors who are rude, and there's no reason for it. You don't know the person's story. You don't want to make the job personal though. They try to create incentives to make the job more enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
get a long lunch, have incentives, friendly staff
Cons
long hours sitting at a desk, have to sign in and out for washroom breaks, have to hit monthly quotas
cut throat straight forward
Fraud Investigation (Former Employee) –  Montreal QuebecJuly 4, 2014
Just woke making as many calls and analyzing the accounts calling banks identifying person to make sure they say whom they are seeing if they have the funds in the account for payment to go through
Pros
jack pot fridays
A competitive work place
Accounts Receivable and Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
A working environment of collections over the phone where I had to compete with 60 other collector. It was a lots of fun working with such a big team. I learned how to talk over the phone to collect money from from customer and I was there best collector.
Fast paced and challenging work environment.
Accounts Receivable/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2014
Answering back to back customer calls about their cell phone service interruptions due to non-payments. Negotiating payment terms with customers to bring the account current.

I learned new things every day. I improved communication skills, negotiation skills, learned how to multi-task, how to keep up with colleagues while working and maintaining professionalism.

Very supportive Managers. Provided coaching at every opportunity so we continued to learn different ways of dealing with customers.
Pros
employee recognition
fun place to work
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 29, 2014
I learned how to deal with tough situations and understand that everyones financial situation is different and sometimes you just don't have it. My co workers and i got along very well .Hardest part of the job was to make goal but wasn't so hard to make sales . I had left just to go back to school at that time.
Pros
bonuses were good
Cons
reaching goal sometimes