NCO Group Employee Reviews

Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 May 2014
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck
Pros
Cons
Worst
fun and friendly workplace
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2015
Very good workplace. fixed work schedule, flexible management Jeans became allowed on week days. Ability to choose your convenient work schedule after couple of months. However, salary and bonus are too low for such job
Pros
fixed schedule from the 1st day and friendly management
Cons
low salary
Fun and easy
Fraud Agent/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 June 2013
It's fun to work at NCO! Has a diverse group of people, which you'll encounter in a daily basis. In fraud department (Capital One), we operate 7 days a week. What's nice in this department we have the option to work 4 days a week having 3 days off or 5 days a week having 2 days off whichever will suit you. You'll have a regular weekly team meeting with your supervisor and if there are updates that you need to know they will ask you to go online in Capital One University site. Supervisors and managers are approachable. I guess the hardest part of the job is having a night shift in your schedule meaning working until 11 pm. But in general, it's an easy job. I would recommend this job especially to those people who are studying or who are doing double jobs. What i learned in this company, since it has a diverse group of people you have to be careful and be sensitive to the beliefs of others. What is important is that you always respect each other and give a helping hand when others need it.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Minimum Salary
Nice place to work also nice timming of shifts
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 September 2016
It was a good experience working with NCO financial.It was a collection job over the phone for Bank one credit card customers..Achived the goals and received rewards.
Pros
overall good experience
Cons
Pressure of results.
Business was not professional
Inbound Call Rep/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC28 January 2014
A typical day at work was Taking calls from clients about their cell phone services or products.
I learned that I was glad we didn't have sprint or t-mobile in Canada.
Management was not helpful or hardly ever available.
Co-workers were always horse playing and doing little work.
Hardest part of my job was doing more work because other employee's were too busy slacking off.
Nothing much was enjoyable about my job at NCO
Pros
Free Training
Cons
Salary was poor, Schedualing was not flexible
Great place to start off working
Collector/Call agent (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 September 2016
The job was not the greatest..talking to people who will argue with you. However the environment was great. Nice place to build work family rapport
i enjoyed the people i worked with and it was secure but the actual work was just not for me.
Customer services operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 January 2013
Working at NCO had alot of benifits to it and i did work with great people and my management was great, working on the phones i learned great people skills and how to deal with bad situations and to stay calm. I do enjoy working with people but being there working in a cubical was not for me so i am seeking for a job with more human interaction with people.
Pros
good managment
Cons
being in a desk all day
Fun to work at, but little to no advancement opportunity
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2014
Tons of fun to work with likeminded students, but burger flipping gets old fast. Not to mention, no matter how hard you work, you still can't advance, and you're not compensated in any way for excelling and going beyond expectations.

I trained half of the staff that was present when I changed jobs and was never promoted or given a raise.
Pros
Great discounts, Great mood
Cons
Little to no opportunity of advancement
Supportive Place to Work
Inbound/Outbound customer service agent (APAC) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 October 2012
Working in an inbound/outbound call center means there is lots going on. The management at NCO value their agents opinions and allow the agents to express ideas freely and without bias.
NCO also has a university which is open to all employees and can help strength skills as well as move up in the company.
Pros
supportive staff large earning potential
Cons
base salary is not that great. however the sales bonues are great
Typical call cente job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 November 2014
Pretty relaxed place to work and the benefits started right away which was very nice. I had a month of training and a lot of help to get through it.

Typical call centre type work, answering calls, checking account information, adding plans too account and yah, selling which honestly was pretty easy. Just mention one promotion and you're done, Great environment for young people as 75 percent of employees under 25,
attending to clients' account on the phone.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2016
Dealing with pass due accounts and providing opportunity for clients to pay off debts in a convenient manner and time. Understanding how and why people fall back on payment and set up payment arrangement affordable to them.
Pros
no deadlines
Cons
long hours on the phone
A good place to work for dependable hours and salary
Enterprise Support E-mail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia8 July 2013
While many may not have the nicest things to say about working at NCO I didn't have any problems there. I came into do my job and left at the end of my shift. I was polite and helpful when needed. I learned sometimes when deal with customers over the phone you have to have tough skin. While they don't mean the things they say to you and you are just the next person for them to vent at it still hurts.
Pros
Good wages, benefits
Cons
Mean/Angry customers
Good job for bilingual newcomers
Collecteur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 March 2014
Typically we had to speak with 13 customers every hour. Outgoing calls went uninterrupted. Usually I had no time to catch my breath. Occasionally I had to deal with irate customers. After 8 hours of this job I was rarely able to work extra hours.

I learned how to deal with human anger and that people are the same wherever you go.

Management tried to be accessible and if there was an issue, they were always there to offer you an advice and / or coaching. Great guys! They are professionals. They tried not to top customer-generated stress with unrealistic expectations.

My co-workers were great! The problem was that I barely knew most of them, since we tried not to speak during our breaks. Those I knew (from training and breaks) are great! But the issue is that you are always one on one with you customer and you have no time to speak with anybody else.

The hardest par of the job is that your throat and your butt is paining and there is no way to escape it since you are «wired» to you working place. Irate customers add to the hardships of workers.

I enjoyed the most the sense of fulfilment when I could deal a tough case of a nice customer or to calm down somebody who tried to play tough with me.
Pros
Good health care benefits
Cons
Work conditions
Great place to work!
CSR (Current Employee) –  Brantford10 February 2015
Great benefits package, with room for advancement and a good solid management team! Typical day at work includes assiting customer with the order inuires, updating there method of payments, arranging for refund and schedule deliveris. Co-workers are pleasant and always helpful. Enjoy my job very much
not a fun place to work but good people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 July 2016
a normal day at work usually busy
I learn a lot in finance
how bank function
how to read credit report
how to fix your credit
how to handle a team in order to have better results
fast paced and great place to work
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 July 2016
I learned to get along with people in many types of situations and to be able to think quickly and listen to what a person is saying to get an overall picture of the situation.
Pros
great people
Cons
high stress job
Productive, fast paced, service oriented work environment
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2014
Listening to agent-customer interactions to assure quality
Patience and perseverance
Helpful and friendly
Like a family
When a customer asks for what is not possible
To help resolve even the toughest of situations
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours at times
Good Place of work for those who wanna enter in CS profession.
Real Time Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 July 2012
As i said its a good place to work and learn, if you wanna enter in Customer service profession. but the company Management it self so bad, they know that people who are coming to work they are new so they are not offering good salary. Employee turn over is so high because of this issue.
Very serious company
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2013
Nco is a typical collection agency where you have to be very focus and willing to solve any kind of problem.
Sometimes help from a supervisor or colleague is needed.
Is a friendly environment with a lot a pressure on certain moments.
Pros
very flexible dress code
Cons
no raise on the last couple of years
Very well organized Call Centre.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 July 2013
Lots of training and work shops on the job.

The management was very supportive and the incentive programs were excellent.

The benefits package was very good.
Pros
Lots of fun and appreciated each employee.
Cons
sometimes the teams were very big lots of employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9