NCO Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and easy
Fraud Agent/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 17, 2013
It's fun to work at NCO! Has a diverse group of people, which you'll encounter in a daily basis. In fraud department (Capital One), we operate 7 days a week. What's nice in this department we have the option to work 4 days a week having 3 days off or 5 days a week having 2 days off whichever will suit you. You'll have a regular weekly team meeting with your supervisor and if there are updates that you need to know they will ask you to go online in Capital One University site. Supervisors and managers are approachable. I guess the hardest part of the job is having a night shift in your schedule meaning working until 11 pm. But in general, it's an easy job. I would recommend this job especially to those people who are studying or who are doing double jobs. What i learned in this company, since it has a diverse group of people you have to be careful and be sensitive to the beliefs of others. What is important is that you always respect each other and give a helping hand when others need it.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
minimum salary
Business was not professional
Inbound Call Rep/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at work was Taking calls from clients about their cell phone services or products.
I learned that I was glad we didn't have sprint or t-mobile in Canada.
Management was not helpful or hardly ever available.
Co-workers were always horse playing and doing little work.
Hardest part of my job was doing more work because other employee's were too busy slacking off.
Nothing much was enjoyable about my job at NCO
Pros
free training
Cons
salary was poor, schedualing was not flexible
Productive Workplace
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 8, 2015
The hardest part of this job was that I was hired as a C.S.R. and I quickly realized that sales was really more important than customer service.
Pros
I gained some useful computer & customer service skills.
Cons
The day was very monotonous.
None stop environment with energetic people
Administrative support representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 2, 2015
A typical day involves day to day tasked that need to be done. Such as reports and data entry when need be. taking on other work when have free time.
Management at this point in is in a changing processes.
My co- workers some are fun to be around and there are some that are negative, however you can find that happy medium.
The hardest part is when there is a lack of work and I am doing nothing, looking for work to do and try to make sure i keep myself busy. The enjoy part of my day is getting all my work done by the end of the day with out having a back log of work to be done
Pros
Coffee as we please
Cons
lack of work
i enjoyed the people i worked with and it was secure but the actual work was just not for me.
Customer services operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Working at NCO had alot of benifits to it and i did work with great people and my management was great, working on the phones i learned great people skills and how to deal with bad situations and to stay calm. I do enjoy working with people but being there working in a cubical was not for me so i am seeking for a job with more human interaction with people.
Pros
good managment
Cons
being in a desk all day
Supportive Place to Work
Inbound/Outbound customer service agent (APAC) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2012
Working in an inbound/outbound call center means there is lots going on. The management at NCO value their agents opinions and allow the agents to express ideas freely and without bias.
NCO also has a university which is open to all employees and can help strength skills as well as move up in the company.
Pros
supportive staff large earning potential
Cons
base salary is not that great. however the sales bonues are great
Good job for bilingual newcomers
Collecteur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2014
Typically we had to speak with 13 customers every hour. Outgoing calls went uninterrupted. Usually I had no time to catch my breath. Occasionally I had to deal with irate customers. After 8 hours of this job I was rarely able to work extra hours.

I learned how to deal with human anger and that people are the same wherever you go.

Management tried to be accessible and if there was an issue, they were always there to offer you an advice and / or coaching. Great guys! They are professionals. They tried not to top customer-generated stress with unrealistic expectations.

My co-workers were great! The problem was that I barely knew most of them, since we tried not to speak during our breaks. Those I knew (from training and breaks) are great! But the issue is that you are always one on one with you customer and you have no time to speak with anybody else.

The hardest par of the job is that your throat and your butt is paining and there is no way to escape it since you are «wired» to you working place. Irate customers add to the hardships of workers.

I enjoyed the most the sense of fulfilment when I could deal a tough case of a nice customer or to calm down somebody who tried to play tough with me.
Pros
good health care benefits
Cons
work conditions
A good place to work for dependable hours and salary
Enterprise Support E-mail Team Member (Former Employee) –  SarniaJuly 8, 2013
While many may not have the nicest things to say about working at NCO I didn't have any problems there. I came into do my job and left at the end of my shift. I was polite and helpful when needed. I learned sometimes when deal with customers over the phone you have to have tough skin. While they don't mean the things they say to you and you are just the next person for them to vent at it still hurts.
Pros
good wages, benefits
Cons
mean/angry customers
great place to work
Customer Service Representative/Fraud Agent, NCO (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 23, 2015
a great place to work, co-workers and supervisors willing to help with any problems that came along. A great supply of information provided with any questions on a call, full access to information.
Pros
getting free coffee/treats on Fridays
Cons
Too far to travel (over 2 hours one way
Productive, fast paced, service oriented work environment
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Listening to agent-customer interactions to assure quality
Patience and perseverance
Helpful and friendly
Like a family
When a customer asks for what is not possible
To help resolve even the toughest of situations
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours at times
Challenging Enterprise
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 10, 2014
NCO is a daily challenging enterprise as one need to meet its daily requirements in terms of quality control, in dealing with customers and in the amount of money collecting per hour from customers.
However, it is a good experience as one is able to push oneself beyond its limit.
Pros
a guaranteed job
Cons
low salary
Good Place of work for those who wanna enter in CS profession.
Real Time Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 26, 2012
As i said its a good place to work and learn, if you wanna enter in Customer service profession. but the company Management it self so bad, they know that people who are coming to work they are new so they are not offering good salary. Employee turn over is so high because of this issue.
great place friendly environment
collector (Former Employee) –  yonge and LawrenceAugust 4, 2015
The job taught me a lot about dealing with people, strengthening my interpersonal and communication skills. Collections tests your ability to deal with difficult people and situations.
Cons
When I started there, they were much more willing to cater to student schedules; that change a lot over a short span of time which was really inconvenient.
Pros
great hours
Cons
location
Very serious company
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Nco is a typical collection agency where you have to be very focus and willing to solve any kind of problem.
Sometimes help from a supervisor or colleague is needed.
Is a friendly environment with a lot a pressure on certain moments.
Pros
very flexible dress code
Cons
no raise on the last couple of years
Very well organized Call Centre.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 15, 2013
Lots of training and work shops on the job.

The management was very supportive and the incentive programs were excellent.

The benefits package was very good.
Pros
lots of fun and appreciated each employee.
Cons
sometimes the teams were very big lots of employees.
Typical day
General Manager/Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 14, 2014
Fun fast paced environment, enjoyed working their with fair compensation
Pros
fun environment
Cons
londer hours
social place
Collector (Former Employee) –  brantford, ont.November 5, 2013
this was a call center and a very social place
there was no place for advancement and the pay was not sufficient to support myself or family
Pros
met alot of people and obtained contacts
Cons
management and salary
Patience was required
Collections/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMarch 25, 2013
A typical day involved either helping people or having people angry at you.
I learned patience and restraint.
Hardest part of the job was waiting to be connected to a customer.
Most enjoyable was having people recognize I was there to help.
benefits
Cons
unstable employement
cold calling
Telephone Sales Representative/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 27, 2015
Cold calling of clients can be both good and bad, a lot of perspective clients do not want to talk to you. Calls come in fast so you need always be ready for the next call. After getting off the phones I was responsible for sending calls to other representative to keep them busy, file daily reports to track performance. I also talked to clients of the projects over the phone to ensure their goals were being met and act on any of there concerns/requests.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
calling perspective clients at home
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK & SETTLEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2015
Great staff and management team, I was pleased with the training and experience provided. I would recommend this place of employment to anybody. I had a positive experience