NCO Group Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 8, 2015
The hardest part of this job was that I was hired as a C.S.R. and I quickly realized that sales was really more important than customer service.
Pros
I gained some useful computer & customer service skills.
Cons
The day was very monotonous.
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 29, 2015
During a typical day at work I am responsible for taking calls and booking appointments for a variety of HVAC-related issues. We consider ourselves the front line staff for our customers who are experiencing equipment breakdowns, or who wish to simply discuss their accounts.

Occasionally, I act as a supervisor in the Customer Care department where we try our very best to resolve any customer issues with billing, or with services associated with their accounts.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative/Fraud Agent, NCO (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 23, 2015
a great place to work, co-workers and supervisors willing to help with any problems that came along. A great supply of information provided with any questions on a call, full access to information.
Pros
getting free coffee/treats on Fridays
Cons
Too far to travel (over 2 hours one way
fun and friendly workplace
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2015
Very good workplace. fixed work schedule, flexible management Jeans became allowed on week days. Ability to choose your convenient work schedule after couple of months. However, salary and bonus are too low for such job
Pros
fixed schedule from the 1st day and friendly management
Cons
low salary
NCO Service S***
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MontrealAugust 11, 2015
Unfortunately, this company do not deserve any stars at all. Management doesn't even know what they are doing and gives false promises to its employees. Worst of all, they give bonuses to the wrong employees who not deserve it. Salary is not as described, even lower than expected for a stressful position. Worst job experience ever.
Pros
Cons
Everything was described in my review
Fun atmospher
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 10, 2015
Answering inbound calls, e-mails and live chats with customers having troubles with their devices. Technical support and resolution.

Must be patient because most of the callers call only when they have trouble and are frustrated.

You have supervisor after you all the time as he's following and monitoring your activities.

Cool environment as there are coworkers all around you ready to help.

When communication is not clear between you and the callers.

When every team talk about the bonus and others stuffs.
Pros
Training for new application and expectaion for upcoming new products in the markets.
Cons
No realy wage increase.
great place friendly environment
collector (Former Employee) –  yonge and LawrenceAugust 4, 2015
The job taught me a lot about dealing with people, strengthening my interpersonal and communication skills. Collections tests your ability to deal with difficult people and situations.
Cons
When I started there, they were much more willing to cater to student schedules; that change a lot over a short span of time which was really inconvenient.
Pros
great hours
Cons
location
Typical work day
Network Support (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 23, 2015
taking inbound calls, connection issues, training was well delivered, walk the customers through troubleshooting their system claim them through the phone and proper phone manner
great people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 10, 2015
Good workplace experience-especially while in between jobs. Friendly people and a nice place to come to work each day.
Salaries has to be improved
Agent de recouvrement de comptes a risques (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 27, 2015
Good general atmosphere,
Big work load,
Flexible hours,
Salaries are low
Great multi ethnic environment
Considerable bonuses
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK & SETTLEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2015
Great staff and management team, I was pleased with the training and experience provided. I would recommend this place of employment to anybody. I had a positive experience
Great management team
Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 16, 2015
* started at 10am, finished at 7pm, work in various ques (inbound or outbound)
*learned how to interpret customer's credit history and fraudulent trends
*dynamic and young management team
*co-workers with different backgrounds, fun to connect with them
*hardest part-being on a chair for 8 hours
*catching fraud
Pros
Frequent updates on new fraud trends, flexible scedule
Cons
Sitting for long hours
None stop environment with energetic people
Administrative support representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 2, 2015
A typical day involves day to day tasked that need to be done. Such as reports and data entry when need be. taking on other work when have free time.
Management at this point in is in a changing processes.
My co- workers some are fun to be around and there are some that are negative, however you can find that happy medium.
The hardest part is when there is a lack of work and I am doing nothing, looking for work to do and try to make sure i keep myself busy. The enjoy part of my day is getting all my work done by the end of the day with out having a back log of work to be done
Pros
Coffee as we please
Cons
lack of work
cold calling
Telephone Sales Representative/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 27, 2015
Cold calling of clients can be both good and bad, a lot of perspective clients do not want to talk to you. Calls come in fast so you need always be ready for the next call. After getting off the phones I was responsible for sending calls to other representative to keep them busy, file daily reports to track performance. I also talked to clients of the projects over the phone to ensure their goals were being met and act on any of there concerns/requests.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
calling perspective clients at home
Management was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 26, 2015
The type of job that it was didn't afford much advancement or pay increases but I was treated well while working here, the owners treated their employees with respect.
flexible
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 1, 2015
loved working with different type of people
had to be flexible
constant changes to job
continuous learning of new systems
Pros
incentives -free trips
Had a good experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2015
Working for NCO financial company was very good experience. I worked in very friendly envornment and best management ever had.
good place to work
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONApril 12, 2015
• Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owe.
• Handle each call promptly and in the correct manner, updating records accordingly.
• Collect payments or make payment arrangements on past due accounts.
• Advise customers of next steps, fees, due dates, timelines, and other valid rogers information.
• Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds.
• Ensuring all contact information of the customer is up to date and correct.
• Follow strict Company policies and procedures at all times, ensuring that legislative requirements are met.
• Manage customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm.
Not nice work place
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
Don't recommend, bad management style, unrealistic quotes. Work Canadian public holidays and off on american holidays.
Pros
Cons
too many
It was a good job until it closed
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 12, 2015
Worked here for a few years, good work life balance, closed and was laid off. Met some great people and learned a lot. It was fast paced and always busy, made the day go by quickly.

2.9