NCO Group Employee Reviews

Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 September 2015
During a typical day at work I am responsible for taking calls and booking appointments for a variety of HVAC-related issues. We consider ourselves the front line staff for our customers who are experiencing equipment breakdowns, or who wish to simply discuss their accounts.

Occasionally, I act as a supervisor in the Customer Care department where we try our very best to resolve any customer issues with billing, or with services associated with their accounts.
Great people to work with
Payroll Administrator & Collector (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 February 2016
Took care of many co-workers' payroll and any concerns they had about benefits, etc. It was a great group of people to work with.
CC Sales
good managers
good shift hours
very clean
Fun atmospher
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 August 2015
Answering inbound calls, e-mails and live chats with customers having troubles with their devices. Technical support and resolution.

Must be patient because most of the callers call only when they have trouble and are frustrated.

You have supervisor after you all the time as he's following and monitoring your activities.

Cool environment as there are coworkers all around you ready to help.

When communication is not clear between you and the callers.

When every team talk about the bonus and others stuffs.
Pros
Training for new application and expectaion for upcoming new products in the markets.
Cons
No realy wage increase.
NCO Service S***
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal11 August 2015
Unfortunately, this company do not deserve any stars at all. Management doesn't even know what they are doing and gives false promises to its employees. Worst of all, they give bonuses to the wrong employees who not deserve it. Salary is not as described, even lower than expected for a stressful position. Worst job experience ever.
Pros
Cons
Everything was described in my review
Productive Workplace
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 November 2015
The hardest part of this job was that I was hired as a C.S.R. and I quickly realized that sales was really more important than customer service.
Pros
I gained some useful computer & customer service skills.
Cons
The day was very monotonous.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative/Fraud Agent, NCO (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2015
a great place to work, co-workers and supervisors willing to help with any problems that came along. A great supply of information provided with any questions on a call, full access to information.
Pros
getting free coffee/treats on Fridays
Cons
Too far to travel (over 2 hours one way
great place friendly environment
collector (Former Employee) –  yonge and Lawrence4 August 2015
The job taught me a lot about dealing with people, strengthening my interpersonal and communication skills. Collections tests your ability to deal with difficult people and situations.
Cons
When I started there, they were much more willing to cater to student schedules; that change a lot over a short span of time which was really inconvenient.
Pros
great hours
Cons
location
fun and friendly workplace
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2015
Very good workplace. fixed work schedule, flexible management Jeans became allowed on week days. Ability to choose your convenient work schedule after couple of months. However, salary and bonus are too low for such job
Pros
fixed schedule from the 1st day and friendly management
Cons
low salary
None stop environment with energetic people
Administrative support representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 June 2015
A typical day involves day to day tasked that need to be done. Such as reports and data entry when need be. taking on other work when have free time.
Management at this point in is in a changing processes.
My co- workers some are fun to be around and there are some that are negative, however you can find that happy medium.
The hardest part is when there is a lack of work and I am doing nothing, looking for work to do and try to make sure i keep myself busy. The enjoy part of my day is getting all my work done by the end of the day with out having a back log of work to be done
Pros
Coffee as we please
Cons
lack of work
cold calling
Telephone Sales Representative/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 May 2015
Cold calling of clients can be both good and bad, a lot of perspective clients do not want to talk to you. Calls come in fast so you need always be ready for the next call. After getting off the phones I was responsible for sending calls to other representative to keep them busy, file daily reports to track performance. I also talked to clients of the projects over the phone to ensure their goals were being met and act on any of there concerns/requests.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
calling perspective clients at home
under paid for the hard work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2015
Lots to do in this company, lots of room to grow for the company itself. Strong work connections, lots of many different cultures.
Great management team
Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 June 2015
* started at 10am, finished at 7pm, work in various ques (inbound or outbound)
*learned how to interpret customer's credit history and fraudulent trends
*dynamic and young management team
*co-workers with different backgrounds, fun to connect with them
*hardest part-being on a chair for 8 hours
*catching fraud
Pros
Frequent updates on new fraud trends, flexible scedule
Cons
Sitting for long hours
good place to work
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 April 2015
• Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owe.
• Handle each call promptly and in the correct manner, updating records accordingly.
• Collect payments or make payment arrangements on past due accounts.
• Advise customers of next steps, fees, due dates, timelines, and other valid rogers information.
• Have the ability to relate to people from a variety of different backgrounds.
• Ensuring all contact information of the customer is up to date and correct.
• Follow strict Company policies and procedures at all times, ensuring that legislative requirements are met.
• Manage customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm.
NO COMMENT
Fraud risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2015
healthcare is not affordable, pay does not compare to the job function, breaks are too short for those that work 4 x 10's, you are wrote up for everything, you have to resolve your own computer issues, if not signed in on time and you are having computer issues then you get an infraction, no one listens to each other from management on down, 10 minutes per week of personal time off the phones for bathroom breaks
Pros
nlimited overtime
Cons
the pay was very low
I absolutely enjoy reaching out to people with new products and ideas.
Customer Financial Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2014
Work in a fast-paced call center to initiate outbound calls to potential and existing customers.
I work well as a part of a team, as well as on my own. It is important to be able to keep all the team members informed, as working together on many sales. It is an interesting environment, and I find it enjoyable and challenging.
I am always so concerned about everything being done right and on time that I can get stuck in that mentality, Unfortunately, that’s not always possible.
Something needs to be done
Walmart rewards mastercard agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal13 December 2014
They permits this big companies to take call centre's to cheap Labour countries there by making the worker from here to be treated like slaves.Very ungrateful management.they will Never appreciate u! U may die trying to meet perfection for them but u are costly for them the poor Philippinos are cheaper Labour!
Pros
U can pay ure rents and bills
Cons
high blood pressure for nothing
Typical call cente job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 November 2014
Pretty relaxed place to work and the benefits started right away which was very nice. I had a month of training and a lot of help to get through it.

Typical call centre type work, answering calls, checking account information, adding plans too account and yah, selling which honestly was pretty easy. Just mention one promotion and you're done, Great environment for young people as 75 percent of employees under 25,
Fun to work at, but little to no advancement opportunity
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2014
Tons of fun to work with likeminded students, but burger flipping gets old fast. Not to mention, no matter how hard you work, you still can't advance, and you're not compensated in any way for excelling and going beyond expectations.

I trained half of the staff that was present when I changed jobs and was never promoted or given a raise.
Pros
Great discounts, Great mood
Cons
Little to no opportunity of advancement
Poor depressing company to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc21 September 2014
Calling people to tell them they ows the company xyz money,

Poor depressing management that don't really care.

Dead end job, its a rotating door that will hire and fire anyone that shows up.

Forget about making a bonus...lol

Lack of professionalism

If you are too good, the managers will be nervous about loosing there job to you so they will find a way to fire you.
Pros
Next to a metro
Cons
Depressing american cultured company

2.9