NCO Group

• Salary/Benefits
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee), TorontoMay 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: worst
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience – more... I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck – less
Coaching and Scheduling
APAC Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: disorganized, minimum wage
My bosses coached me well and understood my scheduling needs. It was a fun, sometimes stressful environment.
Did not promote good work ethic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: friends
Cons: bad work environment
Not a place that I would go back to, it was a company that advanced you based on who you knew and not how good your work was
It was a fun place to work.
Telesales insurance agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 21, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: low pay
I would work the afternoon shift. I really learned how to sell and close sales. I really enjoyed the easy going management and coworkers as we all became friends.
bad job, decent hours
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Hamilton Ontario, Jackson SquareMay 17, 2013
Pros: as part time you can completly choose your hours
Cons: getting sworn at and hung up on, and being told to sell a certain way, but expected to break the rules to maintain your stats.
It is a shady telemarketing job, and the leads lists never get updated. If you want to call the same numbers 10-15 times per month, month after month after month, to try and sell the same products every time to these people, then this is the place for you.
Was a great to work at, but is also a stressful environment.
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 6, 2013
It was a wonderful place to work. Steady hours. Enjoyable co-workers. Decent pay. The only downside was that it was a stressful environment.
typical workday
Inbound Customer Service and Sales agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2013
Answer calls and help customers. I learned patience and loved the coworkers.
Possibly the worst collections agency to work at.
Agent de Recouvrement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: if you can last a year there, you can work any collections job happily afterwards.
Cons: bad pay, intimidation tactics to try to create efficiency, constant stress in and outside of work, very little possibility of advancement no matter how hard you work to get there, etc.
Minimum Wage (with no commission) no possibility of advancement unless you know someone high up or dedicate your life to the company.

The management was awful, mainly using an intimidation based chain of command. Everyone is stressed, you sometimes spend 4 hours without a break if it's crunch time, which was every Thursday and Friday.

Your job is – more... secure only as long as there isn't a cheaper alternative as the majority of their contracts are on one year terms. – less

January 17, 2013

This place will test your sanity, due to the extremely low work flow resulting in massive boredom, crossed with unnecessarily harsh floor rules that literally trap you in one place - at your cubicle - and punish you for the slightest showing of humanity. Try working the Fraud department for Capitol One in Montreal. When the work flow is slow and there simply are no cases to review (and I mean NONE, not like a few and people are putting them off. NONE), you are not even allowed a book, magazine, pen and paper - ANYTHING - to doodle, read, or otherwise pass the time when there is NO work and NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR BE GIVEN TO DO. You are literally expected to sit there, stare at your screen, and keep Refreshing your work program in the hopes new work comes in... which on average, nets you maybe ONE case in a 3 hour window. Again, I've lived this, and am not exaggerating. I never thought I'd work someplace where I actually begged for MORE WORK TO DO!! "What am I supposed to do then?? There is no work coming in!!" numerous workers plea to their managers when yelled at for surfing Google search results (the only loophole luxury on the floor), to which their zombified superiors reply "Keep refreshing in case something comes in"... or "keep calling customers" (who you've already called once for the day and can't leave more than one message for in a 24 hr window)... they don't even know what to say, because there is nothing to say. All this on your weekends, as the "hazing period" (as referred to coldly by some employees) demands your first year be all weekends, with three workdays of late afternoon to night hours (11am to 10pm on average). After that, MAYBE you can negotiate "normal" hours of a work week, M-F.

very fun environment
Geek Squad Mission Controller (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: once a month pot lucks, free lunches and met great new friends
Cons: long hours, stressful trying to fix an issue when a few of the attempts did not work.
log into our computers and phones and start taking calls.
I learned many skills such as patience, simple computer troubleshooting such as wireless connection resolution, new computer programs specialized for GeekSquad, setting up in-house appointments for Technicians.
The management team was great, they were very helpful, patient and willing to take – more... time out of their busy day to assist with supervisor calls and teaching new resolutions.
I have made a lot of great friends who were also co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme high call volumes and stress trying to figure out a solution for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping people with their issues and making new and good friends. – less
needs help
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brantford,OntarioNovember 21, 2012
work like a dog for min. wage and be tossed out like trash.Thank god for WIPRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 27, 2012

Worst place to work in Brantford. No respect for people, minimun wage. Just don't bother.

Supportive Place to Work
Inbound/Outbound customer service agent (APAC) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: supportive staff large earning potential
Cons: base salary is not that great. however the sales bonues are great
Working in an inbound/outbound call center means there is lots going on. The management at NCO value their agents opinions and allow the agents to express ideas freely and without bias.
NCO also has a university which is open to all employees and can help strength skills as well as move up in the company.
Very professional company in all aspects
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 25, 2012
Due to relocation I had to leave NCO Group but really enjoyed working at this company
worst experince ever
customer service (Former Employee), greensboro, ncSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: shortes lunches ever, ghetto enviroment
I started working here and didn't learn anything during training. When I started on the floor I was thrown out to the wolves and the employees that were walking the floor to help didn't know anymore then what I did and a few times I showed them things that they didn't even know.
customer service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 15, 2014
Company has a low salary and benefits compare to other in the same market
call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: the pay was very low
if you need a job they will hire you dont expect the pay to be anything based on your experience everyone gets paid the same amount of money
It's all about the money
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee), Ramsey, NJAugust 11, 2014
Pros: manager was a smooth talker
Cons: president out of control.
The president was not a professional person. Out of bounds...always. If not for the manager, there would not have been any stability at NCO Insurance Subrogation department.
Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee), NCO MontgomeryAugust 3, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: underpaid, messy, and no raises.
NCO Montgomery is underpaid, overworked, and unprofessional.This is a messy call center from HR, Managers, and right down to the staff. NCO hires Ghetto people and anyone off the street. Beware of the scams too their employees pull. Bypass this job search or regret it later!
Productive place to work
Customer Service Rep/ Collector (Former Employee), Montgomery,ALJuly 30, 2014
This NCO company is great for people who need job security.
Its an easy job if you are willing to do the work.
working as a customer service agent
Customer service (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 25, 2014
Working for nco was a new challenge for me because I never had any experience. As I went threw my training it was very easy to comprehend. Being a inbound sale was easy because most of the customers that call in already knew what they need to purchased, Others needed a little guidance to place their order or the needed help on comparing items they were – more... thinking about ordering. my overall experience was great and would love to be a customer service agent it again. – less
very productive and fun workplace
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, N.CJuly 24, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
I was a health benefit advisor. I helped BC & BS clients pick their new plans in accordanc to the healthcare reform. I learned the in and outs of the health insurance bussiness. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to a diverse group of people. The hardest part was telling patint with incurable diseses their currrent medical plan dose not – more... cover their necessary medications. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About NCO Group

NCO Group, Inc. (NCO) is a holding company and conducts substantially all of its business operations through its subsidiaries. – Read more