NCO Group

NCO Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A productive and organized workplace
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: interesting coworkers
Cons: angry customers
I worked with a variety of different people from different professional, and educational backgrounds. We learned how to effectively communicate with each other as well as our customers. I learned how to multi task efficiently and effectively. I also enhanced my teamwork skills and communication skills.
Fun to work at, but little to no advancement opportunity
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great discounts, great mood
Cons: little to no opportunity of advancement
Tons of fun to work with likeminded students, but burger flipping gets old fast. Not to mention, no matter how hard you work, you still can't advance, and you're not compensated in any way for excelling and going beyond expectations.

I trained half of the staff that was present when I changed jobs and was never promoted or given a raise.
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee), TorontoMay 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: worst
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience – more... I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck – less
Coaching and Scheduling
APAC Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: disorganized, minimum wage
My bosses coached me well and understood my scheduling needs. It was a fun, sometimes stressful environment.
Did not promote good work ethic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: friends
Cons: bad work environment
Not a place that I would go back to, it was a company that advanced you based on who you knew and not how good your work was
It was a fun place to work.
Telesales insurance agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 21, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: low pay
I would work the afternoon shift. I really learned how to sell and close sales. I really enjoyed the easy going management and coworkers as we all became friends.
bad job, decent hours
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Hamilton Ontario, Jackson SquareMay 17, 2013
Pros: as part time you can completly choose your hours
Cons: getting sworn at and hung up on, and being told to sell a certain way, but expected to break the rules to maintain your stats.
It is a shady telemarketing job, and the leads lists never get updated. If you want to call the same numbers 10-15 times per month, month after month after month, to try and sell the same products every time to these people, then this is the place for you.
Was a great to work at, but is also a stressful environment.
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 6, 2013
It was a wonderful place to work. Steady hours. Enjoyable co-workers. Decent pay. The only downside was that it was a stressful environment.
typical workday
Inbound Customer Service and Sales agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2013
Answer calls and help customers. I learned patience and loved the coworkers.
Possibly the worst collections agency to work at.
Agent de Recouvrement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: if you can last a year there, you can work any collections job happily afterwards.
Cons: bad pay, intimidation tactics to try to create efficiency, constant stress in and outside of work, very little possibility of advancement no matter how hard you work to get there, etc.
Minimum Wage (with no commission) no possibility of advancement unless you know someone high up or dedicate your life to the company.

The management was awful, mainly using an intimidation based chain of command. Everyone is stressed, you sometimes spend 4 hours without a break if it's crunch time, which was every Thursday and Friday.

Your job is – more... secure only as long as there isn't a cheaper alternative as the majority of their contracts are on one year terms. – less

January 17, 2013

This place will test your sanity, due to the extremely low work flow resulting in massive boredom, crossed with unnecessarily harsh floor rules that literally trap you in one place - at your cubicle - and punish you for the slightest showing of humanity. Try working the Fraud department for Capitol One in Montreal. When the work flow is slow and there simply are no cases to review (and I mean NONE, not like a few and people are putting them off. NONE), you are not even allowed a book, magazine, pen and paper - ANYTHING - to doodle, read, or otherwise pass the time when there is NO work and NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR BE GIVEN TO DO. You are literally expected to sit there, stare at your screen, and keep Refreshing your work program in the hopes new work comes in... which on average, nets you maybe ONE case in a 3 hour window. Again, I've lived this, and am not exaggerating. I never thought I'd work someplace where I actually begged for MORE WORK TO DO!! "What am I supposed to do then?? There is no work coming in!!" numerous workers plea to their managers when yelled at for surfing Google search results (the only loophole luxury on the floor), to which their zombified superiors reply "Keep refreshing in case something comes in"... or "keep calling customers" (who you've already called once for the day and can't leave more than one message for in a 24 hr window)... they don't even know what to say, because there is nothing to say. All this on your weekends, as the "hazing period" (as referred to coldly by some employees) demands your first year be all weekends, with three workdays of late afternoon to night hours (11am to 10pm on average). After that, MAYBE you can negotiate "normal" hours of a work week, M-F.

very fun environment
Geek Squad Mission Controller (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: once a month pot lucks, free lunches and met great new friends
Cons: long hours, stressful trying to fix an issue when a few of the attempts did not work.
log into our computers and phones and start taking calls.
I learned many skills such as patience, simple computer troubleshooting such as wireless connection resolution, new computer programs specialized for GeekSquad, setting up in-house appointments for Technicians.
The management team was great, they were very helpful, patient and willing to take – more... time out of their busy day to assist with supervisor calls and teaching new resolutions.
I have made a lot of great friends who were also co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme high call volumes and stress trying to figure out a solution for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping people with their issues and making new and good friends. – less
needs help
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brantford,OntarioNovember 21, 2012
work like a dog for min. wage and be tossed out like trash.Thank god for WIPRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 27, 2012

Worst place to work in Brantford. No respect for people, minimun wage. Just don't bother.

Supportive Place to Work
Inbound/Outbound customer service agent (APAC) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: supportive staff large earning potential
Cons: base salary is not that great. however the sales bonues are great
Working in an inbound/outbound call center means there is lots going on. The management at NCO value their agents opinions and allow the agents to express ideas freely and without bias.
NCO also has a university which is open to all employees and can help strength skills as well as move up in the company.
Very professional company in all aspects
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 25, 2012
Due to relocation I had to leave NCO Group but really enjoyed working at this company
It was a very productive work place I enjoyed working there.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2014
First thing i get into work i log in to my workstation and start getting calls from customers. helping them about there bill and reviewing the total charges and explaining the EOB from there INS. great manger he help if there was anything that i may need to make the calls better and how to improve.
Call Center
Collector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 9, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: pay rate, not very flexible.
the hardest part of the job are the hours of repetitive work, getting cursed by customers for a variety of reasons. I did however learn more communication skills and how to be kind yet assertive to get my point across while talking with irate customers. the most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks, 2 week training
Cons: the back to back call max
A typical day at work will be sitting at a computer, Assisting Customers with any need and questions about their computer.
Taking calls about Geek Squad . My co-workers were very friendly and outgoing personalities always ready to help. I learned how to help customers with questions about their computers and how to set- up their computer. The hardest – more... part of the jobs was taking the back to back calls with no break sometime there will be 16 back to back calls.The enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you help someone. – less
A day in the office
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Norcross, GaSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: no micro managing
Cons: unstable job security; layoffs with a week notice
A typical day at the office: We normally and mostly communicate through emails. Because of reasons not being shared with the team, the workload has lessened and questions about job stability doesn't get answered. We are pacified with legal and business jargon to make us feel like we are secure in our jobs.

I have learned to monitor collection calls – more... closely, paying immediate attention to all content within the call to listen for violations of the FDCPA. We complete audit surveys and submit to the manager.

A major part of my duties after documenting the call has been taken away from my team. We used to follow up with the firms or agencies, provide remediation feedback, request additional calls or collection notes. Management has taken that responsibility from my team which now leaves us with reviewing our emails, listen and monitor calls. I feel i no longer have a productive hand in the compliance department and am looking to further my career elsewhere where they promote from within and have open lines of communication across the board. – less
Summary of Experience at APAC
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: quarterly celebreations, coaching for results
Cons: healthcare, bpo, attrition
I have learned root cause analysis, building improvement plans, managing difficult behavior, staffing and recruiting through support groups along with managing finances and reporting through support groups.
worst experince ever
customer service (Former Employee), greensboro, ncSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: shortes lunches ever, ghetto enviroment
I started working here and didn't learn anything during training. When I started on the floor I was thrown out to the wolves and the employees that were walking the floor to help didn't know anymore then what I did and a few times I showed them things that they didn't even know.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCO Group

NCO Group, Inc. (NCO) is a holding company and conducts substantially all of its business operations through its subsidiaries. – Read more