NCO Group Employee Reviews

we all kept our spirits up having lunch and joking about some calls
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2017
A typical day at work was dealing with disgrundled people, Some calls started out not so great but in the end , they went away happy. I use to do over time with them if needed at times I said no. I tried to always keep a smile on my face even though some of the calls were brutal. One thing I always felt was that if a person called and cursed at you the worst names you ever could be called then, you should be able to warn them a couple times and then release the call. I learned it takes all kinds to make a world, But I have been in Customer service of one kind or another for 40 yrs , So I have learned a lot along the way, The work place culture was pretty lay back, as long as we did our job and got good quality all was good, I would say the hardest part of the job was to be swore at by very filthy words, trust me I can usually handle it at the best of time, but what happened to not allowing people to verbal abuse you. I enjoyed the awesome customers that I did get, appreciating what I had done for them, I believe kill them with kindness,
Pros
we got all American Holidays off and worked Canadian and two days off together
Cons
being swore at and not being able to warn customer about their language
busy place
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 September 2017
the people were good the management was not so good. to many rules and the pay was not the greatest for the work that was needed to get done. the place is no longer around
Toxic work envirnoment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Great co-workers. The management staff was horrible. Lot's of bulling of staff. Calling workers stupid. Absolutely degrading workers and in front of everyone. All they cared about was their stats.
Pros
Got a pay cheque
Cons
Bad attitude managers
Not Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 September 2017
I found this company to have a very high turn over rate and the only people they could get to stay were people that couldn't get jobs anywhere else...
In depth training and good start off job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 September 2017
I had this job in xbox support and we were trained for about 4 weeks and learned a lot. We were allowed to play with xboxes on our breaks and during training which was fun too. This is a perfect job for a student starting out in the real world and doesn't really know what to do.
another horrible place to work
Tech. Support Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC27 July 2017
nobody here had a goal in mind, no future. You know the stuff that goes down the toilet after you flush? no right? that's how much they care about their employees.

THe place shut down so fast before I even completed my 6 months of torment
Comfortable atmosphere with High Productivity Level
Administrative Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 June 2017
My first full-time job in the administrative field. Thanks to this job and our various clients I have a wealth of experience and knowledge that can only be obtained from a productive and dedicated workplace such as this. Management is incredibly easy to get along with and is always eager to help. This job has challenged me greatly and I have grown as an individual thanks to my duties here. I am very grateful for the experiences I have had as an Administrative Representative with NCO.
need to improve the coordination at work station
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2017
not so enjoyable to work there. less work ethic and mismanagement. It was ok for a certain period of time. but work pressure and salary were not satisfactory. not much motivation to work at. but great place for starting a career indeed.
Stressful Job - Poor Management
Collection Agent Call Center (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 May 2017
Worked there many years ago. Highly stressful job. Will hire anyone & people leave just as fast! You have to be an aggressive person to get debtors to pay- to reach your goals monthly. Management was a Joke! It was time for a raise for myself and when i went in and had my meeting with one of the managers (supervisors) They gave me NOTHING for a raise...NOTHING!! Ridiculous! They seem to love people with nasty attitudes and poor people skills for supervisors and team leaders-they are most aggressive. I would stay far away from this place!! Unhealthy - arguing and being threatened day in and day out with various debtors!
Pros
lol
Cons
poor management & low wages
this is only part-time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 May 2017
I worked there as part-time.During the time I was working there, I spend my parental leave for one year. I really did not have much to say about that job.
contacting cutomer to make arrangment for their pas due amount
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 May 2017
work was a good ok place to work, but customer where abusive and management where not committed to make work environment a good one for their employee.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 April 2017
This company offered great incentives and benefits to all employees. Lot's of opportunities for advancement. Management was very flexible with scheduling.
meeting different pple
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 April 2017
always busy trying to collect overdue credit card payments.
customer service skills
management was okay always pushed for more
different cultures
hardest part of the job was calling different states and knowing their guideline in their collection laws
Pros
diversity
Cons
long hours and trying to collect
Productive and fun work space.
Legal Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 April 2017
-dealing with many different clients.
-daily life situations.
-writing up letters for court signed by the lawyer
-respectful, business professional office with five other employees
-hardest part of the job is keeping track of thousands of clients files
-the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday learning about daily lifestyle issues.
Good company to work for.
Collection Officer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2017
NCO Group was a good company to work for. I was doing collection for different banks portfolios, student loans and enjoyed it. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Not too many incentives
Cons
Mangers could be more avallable for you
No room to grow
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON20 March 2017
There were a lot of pros and con of this company and over time it changed hands and policy there were different management teams and challenges but over all fine experience
Good business; bad management
Debt Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC16 March 2017
The culture of the company is that of a slave driver. They offer basic hourly wage & demand too much from the workers. Micro-management is at its peak & the managers are people who don't know the basics of management because most of them are high school passouts not even college
Loved the experience
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 March 2017
The company recognise her employees. Getting promoted within two months after starting the job was the best thing I could've get.

Wonderful workplace, full of caring and sharing people.
environnement de travail agréable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Quebec8 March 2017
collaboration, contact facile, bonne accueil, flexibilité fonctionnelle.
Pros
sens de l'écoute
Cons
courtes pauses
Not for the light of Heart
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 February 2017
This is a very intense job, if you are soft spoken this might not be the job for you, If you can be more aggressive on the phone and handle rejection easily then this is the right one for you.
Pros
Good hours, pay and commission is pretty good, work environment is friendly
Cons
Not enough weekly meetings, not enough coaching

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.