NCO Group

NCO Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Workplace
Inbound/Outbound collections Agent (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I always love working at NCO because I get to help and assist clients with their accounts. Everyday is a challenge since sometimes I encounter irate customers. Me and my co workers works as a team since we have to meet individual target as well as team target ( dollars collected ). The hardest part of the job is making sure that payment will be made – more... in every call. The most enjoyable part of my job is I get help clients with their account. – less
Coaching and Scheduling
APAC Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: disorganized, minimum wage
My bosses coached me well and understood my scheduling needs. It was a fun, sometimes stressful environment.
It was a fun place to work.
Telesales insurance agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 21, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: low pay
I would work the afternoon shift. I really learned how to sell and close sales. I really enjoyed the easy going management and coworkers as we all became friends.
bad job, decent hours
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Hamilton Ontario, Jackson SquareMay 17, 2013
Pros: as part time you can completly choose your hours
Cons: getting sworn at and hung up on, and being told to sell a certain way, but expected to break the rules to maintain your stats.
It is a shady telemarketing job, and the leads lists never get updated. If you want to call the same numbers 10-15 times per month, month after month after month, to try and sell the same products every time to these people, then this is the place for you.
Was a great to work at, but is also a stressful environment.
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 6, 2013
It was a wonderful place to work. Steady hours. Enjoyable co-workers. Decent pay. The only downside was that it was a stressful environment.
typical workday
Inbound Customer Service and Sales agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2013
Answer calls and help customers. I learned patience and loved the coworkers.
Possibly the worst collections agency to work at.
Agent de Recouvrement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: if you can last a year there, you can work any collections job happily afterwards.
Cons: bad pay, intimidation tactics to try to create efficiency, constant stress in and outside of work, very little possibility of advancement no matter how hard you work to get there, etc.
Minimum Wage (with no commission) no possibility of advancement unless you know someone high up or dedicate your life to the company.

The management was awful, mainly using an intimidation based chain of command. Everyone is stressed, you sometimes spend 4 hours without a break if it's crunch time, which was every Thursday and Friday.

Your job is – more... secure only as long as there isn't a cheaper alternative as the majority of their contracts are on one year terms. – less

SamuelCO – January 17, 2013

This place will test your sanity, due to the extremely low work flow resulting in massive boredom, crossed with unnecessarily harsh floor rules that literally trap you in one place - at your cubicle - and punish you for the slightest showing of humanity. Try working the Fraud department for Capitol One in Montreal. When the work flow is slow and there simply are no cases to review (and I mean NONE, not like a few and people are putting them off. NONE), you are not even allowed a book, magazine, pen and paper - ANYTHING - to doodle, read, or otherwise pass the time when there is NO work and NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR BE GIVEN TO DO. You are literally expected to sit there, stare at your screen, and keep Refreshing your work program in the hopes new work comes in... which on average, nets you maybe ONE case in a 3 hour window. Again, I've lived this, and am not exaggerating. I never thought I'd work someplace where I actually begged for MORE WORK TO DO!! "What am I supposed to do then?? There is no work coming in!!" numerous workers plea to their managers when yelled at for surfing Google search results (the only loophole luxury on the floor), to which their zombified superiors reply "Keep refreshing in case something comes in"... or "keep calling customers" (who you've already called once for the day and can't leave more than one message for in a 24 hr window)... they don't even know what to say, because there is nothing to say. All this on your weekends, as the "hazing period" (as referred to coldly by some employees) demands your first year be all weekends, with three workdays of late afternoon to night hours (11am to 10pm on average). After that, MAYBE you can negotiate "normal" hours of a work week, M-F.

very fun environment
Geek Squad Mission Controller (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: once a month pot lucks, free lunches and met great new friends
Cons: long hours, stressful trying to fix an issue when a few of the attempts did not work.
log into our computers and phones and start taking calls.
I learned many skills such as patience, simple computer troubleshooting such as wireless connection resolution, new computer programs specialized for GeekSquad, setting up in-house appointments for Technicians.
The management team was great, they were very helpful, patient and willing to take – more... time out of their busy day to assist with supervisor calls and teaching new resolutions.
I have made a lot of great friends who were also co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme high call volumes and stress trying to figure out a solution for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping people with their issues and making new and good friends. – less
needs help
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brantford,OntarioNovember 21, 2012
work like a dog for min. wage and be tossed out like trash.Thank god for WIPRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brant2012 – December 27, 2012

Worst place to work in Brantford. No respect for people, minimun wage. Just don't bother.

Supportive Place to Work
Inbound/Outbound customer service agent (APAC) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: supportive staff large earning potential
Cons: base salary is not that great. however the sales bonues are great
Working in an inbound/outbound call center means there is lots going on. The management at NCO value their agents opinions and allow the agents to express ideas freely and without bias.
NCO also has a university which is open to all employees and can help strength skills as well as move up in the company.
Very professional company in all aspects
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 25, 2012
Due to relocation I had to leave NCO Group but really enjoyed working at this company
Misrepresenting their company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), MaineApril 14, 2014
Cons: micro management, misrepresenting themselves
I was hired for this position in Nov 2013 and stayed a week. Had to ask permission to use the bathroom and you were watched by supervisors. They also were misrepresenting who they were with the collection calls they were making. The company held a contract to do tax collections for the state where I reside. Instead of telling the caller that they were – more... NCO, they stated they were from the State of ___Revenue Services. Totally lied! I couldn't stay with such a dishonest company. – less
Unstable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Joplin, MoMarch 18, 2014
Pros: supervisors are nice
Cons: not sure if you still have a job from day to day.
The typical day at work would consist of taking calls from people that had an issue with their orders. Opportunities for advancement are dependent on who you know. Jobs are eliminated and sent to other Countries so they can save some money on labor.
Work From Home Rep
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 17, 2014
It is a well established company. There is a lot of mult-tasking you have to stay on your toes. Overall I like it just need more benefits.
A typical day at work
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility, vto, pto
Cons: health benefits
A typical day at work would include multitasking and avoiding dead air ti assist in making the call pleasant for our customer. Knowing the detail to most of the plan options was very helpful as reviewing plan options with a vast range of individuals
Great Company
Customer Service Sales Support (Former Employee), Humble, TXMarch 10, 2014
Enjoyed meeting new people. Learning a new skill. Management was awesome
Experienced Customer Service Representative with a passion for satisfying the customer as well as support team members in a achieving goals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMarch 7, 2014
Pros: a guaranteed job security. challenging
Cons: the level of knowledge needed to perform the tasks were often very difficult.
A typical date at work was that we went out onto the floor and pulled up all the applicable systems. Following we would take in bound calls regarding anything about the customer's previous shopping experience with BestBuy. The procedures for this particular job description included, modifying orders, checking status and at times canceling orders. Additionally – more... we would act as sales personnel for the purchase of contract phones and computers. We had on the floor with us "Floor Support" whose function was to help with policies when the agent was unsure. My co-workers were dedicated agents and we were eager to help. The hardest part of the job was authorizing contract phones for use and the most enjoyable part of my job was getting off the phone with the feeling of accomplishment that we had resolved all the customers concerns. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Collector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 4, 2014
§  Provide outstanding customer service
§  Finalize grocery and product transactions
§  Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. services
workplace closed down
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 19, 2014
facility closed and let go all if the employees..
was a high turnover on employees, you had to score high on each call to keep your job.. if you has less than 3.25 then you were written up..
you had to have 3.5 or better and the highest possible rating would be a 4..
sucked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 17, 2014
Cons: all
its like they dont caere about their employees in any shape or fashion.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCO Group

NCO Group, Inc. (NCO) is a holding company and conducts substantially all of its business operations through its subsidiaries. – Read more