NCO Group

NCO Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy work, good management, good training.
Microsoft Support Agent (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: easy work, good co-workers and management.
Cons: even though it was repetive work, we all managed to make it interesting.
I had to review French ads at first. After this section was transfered to another location I was assigned to review ads in English.
Training was good, and trainers too.
Great team where people got along well.
People from different cultures, languages and religion: I learned a lot from all these people.
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee), TorontoMay 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: worst
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience – more... I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck – less
Productive Workplace
Inbound/Outbound collections Agent (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I always love working at NCO because I get to help and assist clients with their accounts. Everyday is a challenge since sometimes I encounter irate customers. Me and my co workers works as a team since we have to meet individual target as well as team target ( dollars collected ). The hardest part of the job is making sure that payment will be made – more... in every call. The most enjoyable part of my job is I get help clients with their account. – less
Coaching and Scheduling
APAC Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: disorganized, minimum wage
My bosses coached me well and understood my scheduling needs. It was a fun, sometimes stressful environment.
Did not promote good work ethic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: friends
Cons: bad work environment
Not a place that I would go back to, it was a company that advanced you based on who you knew and not how good your work was
bad job, decent hours
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Hamilton Ontario, Jackson SquareMay 17, 2013
Pros: as part time you can completly choose your hours
Cons: getting sworn at and hung up on, and being told to sell a certain way, but expected to break the rules to maintain your stats.
It is a shady telemarketing job, and the leads lists never get updated. If you want to call the same numbers 10-15 times per month, month after month after month, to try and sell the same products every time to these people, then this is the place for you.
Was a great to work at, but is also a stressful environment.
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 6, 2013
It was a wonderful place to work. Steady hours. Enjoyable co-workers. Decent pay. The only downside was that it was a stressful environment.
typical workday
Inbound Customer Service and Sales agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2013
Answer calls and help customers. I learned patience and loved the coworkers.
Possibly the worst collections agency to work at.
Agent de Recouvrement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: if you can last a year there, you can work any collections job happily afterwards.
Cons: bad pay, intimidation tactics to try to create efficiency, constant stress in and outside of work, very little possibility of advancement no matter how hard you work to get there, etc.
Minimum Wage (with no commission) no possibility of advancement unless you know someone high up or dedicate your life to the company.

The management was awful, mainly using an intimidation based chain of command. Everyone is stressed, you sometimes spend 4 hours without a break if it's crunch time, which was every Thursday and Friday.

Your job is – more... secure only as long as there isn't a cheaper alternative as the majority of their contracts are on one year terms. – less

SamuelCO – January 17, 2013

This place will test your sanity, due to the extremely low work flow resulting in massive boredom, crossed with unnecessarily harsh floor rules that literally trap you in one place - at your cubicle - and punish you for the slightest showing of humanity. Try working the Fraud department for Capitol One in Montreal. When the work flow is slow and there simply are no cases to review (and I mean NONE, not like a few and people are putting them off. NONE), you are not even allowed a book, magazine, pen and paper - ANYTHING - to doodle, read, or otherwise pass the time when there is NO work and NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR BE GIVEN TO DO. You are literally expected to sit there, stare at your screen, and keep Refreshing your work program in the hopes new work comes in... which on average, nets you maybe ONE case in a 3 hour window. Again, I've lived this, and am not exaggerating. I never thought I'd work someplace where I actually begged for MORE WORK TO DO!! "What am I supposed to do then?? There is no work coming in!!" numerous workers plea to their managers when yelled at for surfing Google search results (the only loophole luxury on the floor), to which their zombified superiors reply "Keep refreshing in case something comes in"... or "keep calling customers" (who you've already called once for the day and can't leave more than one message for in a 24 hr window)... they don't even know what to say, because there is nothing to say. All this on your weekends, as the "hazing period" (as referred to coldly by some employees) demands your first year be all weekends, with three workdays of late afternoon to night hours (11am to 10pm on average). After that, MAYBE you can negotiate "normal" hours of a work week, M-F.

very fun environment
Geek Squad Mission Controller (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: once a month pot lucks, free lunches and met great new friends
Cons: long hours, stressful trying to fix an issue when a few of the attempts did not work.
log into our computers and phones and start taking calls.
I learned many skills such as patience, simple computer troubleshooting such as wireless connection resolution, new computer programs specialized for GeekSquad, setting up in-house appointments for Technicians.
The management team was great, they were very helpful, patient and willing to take – more... time out of their busy day to assist with supervisor calls and teaching new resolutions.
I have made a lot of great friends who were also co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme high call volumes and stress trying to figure out a solution for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping people with their issues and making new and good friends. – less
needs help
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brantford,OntarioNovember 21, 2012
work like a dog for min. wage and be tossed out like trash.Thank god for WIPRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brant2012 – December 27, 2012

Worst place to work in Brantford. No respect for people, minimun wage. Just don't bother.

Supportive Place to Work
Inbound/Outbound customer service agent (APAC) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: supportive staff large earning potential
Cons: base salary is not that great. however the sales bonues are great
Working in an inbound/outbound call center means there is lots going on. The management at NCO value their agents opinions and allow the agents to express ideas freely and without bias.
NCO also has a university which is open to all employees and can help strength skills as well as move up in the company.
Very professional company in all aspects
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 25, 2012
Due to relocation I had to leave NCO Group but really enjoyed working at this company
Horrible
TWC Debt Collector (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: short breaks, not professional
It was no room for advancement and this company made alot of empty promises.
Terrible job
Collector I (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: met my significant other at work
Employees are loud, rude, and nosy, and management is terrible as well. No room to grow whatsoever. Customers were rude, for the most part, because their account was in collections.
LEARN FAST
GOOD LOCATION
GOOD HRS
Typical Call Center
HR assistant (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJune 26, 2014
Low level employees wanting top level pay.

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
n/a
Phone Cust. Service Rep (MobileMe) / Email Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2014
typical day at work, co-workers was ok to work with, learned that outsourcing sometimes doesnt mean stable job security
productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 24, 2014
NCO group was a call center who main streamed UPS customers, my title was a universal agent I managed inbound calls from customers in the United States. My responsiblities included providing excellent customer service via telephone, I processed pick ups and drop off's at business locations as well as residential locations, I also tracked packages the – more... most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different customers in different parts of the United States the most hardest part of the job was being unable to completely statisfy all customers with the package problems. – less
THIS PLACE WILL SUCK YOU DRY AND SPIT YOU OUT
Escalation Suprvisor (Former Employee), Kansas City MOJune 24, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: the management sucks and coworkers will stab you in the back
I worked for NCO for a period of about three years during that time I was assigned to the Sprint contract, I was promoted to resolution supervisor and got an entire $.50 raise that was the only raise I received the entire time I was there. The job was easy and I enjoyed working with the people on the phone. However I couldn't stand NCO the entire time – more... I was there the managers never did anything they said they were going to do and, they would never back you up when you ran into an issue with somebody above them. In the end I was released from NCO because I typed the word d**m in a chat room. It's my belief that they were just looking for a reason to get rid of me. Please do yourself a favor stay away from this company unless you like not ever having to worry about getting anywhere and making the same amount of money for the rest of your life. That is of course if all of their jobs haven't been outsourced to the Philippines by now. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About NCO Group

NCO Group, Inc. (NCO) is a holding company and conducts substantially all of its business operations through its subsidiaries. – Read more