NCO Group Employee Reviews

Get in and get out
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2016
It a decent job, but not one you wanna have for long time. The best part of job is the coworkers. The supervisors are helpful, but some of them have an attitude that’s a turn off. They hire people easily and boot them just the same if they don’t meet the goal. If you get in, start looking for something soon, or you'll become miserable.
Pros
free lunch sometime, great coworkers, decent office, benefits
Cons
repetitive work, out of date call procedures, "competitive" pay, long hours on phone
The people are great the job is interesting
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 July 2016
Nco is a good Co. like every Co. it has its pros and cons overall my years of working there have been really great met some really nice people gained some good experiences
Pros
learing differnt cultures
Cons
no pay raise
Fun workplace
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
I love working with NCO . Great place to start and gain experience for call centre career. Fun to work with. The staff and management are great. I recommend it for new graduate students.
low paying job
Credit Collections agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2016
answer phones and collect on past overdue accounts. very little skill is required and very little salary is attributed
Pros
you have a job
Cons
salary, salary, salary
Unprofessional
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 April 2016
Worked there for 2 months and it was the most miserable place I ever worked! Management was beyond unprofessional. They kept changing my shifts and expected me to inform other people of their shift change.
Benefits
Cons
Bad hours
working in a musical environment will be fantastic.
SOCAN-Licensing Agent & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2017
The job tasks, I am doing currently is very amazing and challenging.
I learned and am learning everyday through each inbound and outbound calls, dealing with different customers and answering according to their requests. My colleagues are amazing and very helpful. The difficult part of my jobs is when customers are rude and you have to answer accurately to calm them. At the end of the day, I am very happy to hear thank you and that I am nice person.
was hard getting money from clients
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
was long hours hard getting money from clients very diffult asking for money at christmas of single parents. coworkers were great to work with and long hours
Pros
commissions were good
Cons
Stressful,low paying,favoritism among managment for high end earners..
Collector (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 February 2017
For some, a good place to let off steam. For me, unhealthy. Chairbound all day,stressful, poor ventilation,poor lighting,and unreachable goals to make bonus at end of month. Had to deal with 20 year old files and collecting was nearly impossible.
Pros
Most weekends off. Co-workers for the most part great.
Cons
Stressful daylong attempts to reach and collect from lying, evasive and often rude, crude, and abusive debtors.
Not paid enough
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2017
After working many years, they still dont pay enough, good job for part time or as a temporary job for students. Not for impatient people. Management is rude at times
Pros
Good employee
Cons
Not paid enough
good place to work
Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2016
good managers. great co workers. very challenging job. long hours. very motivating commisions. can get ahead by working overtime.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
Great people to work with
Payroll Administrator & Collector (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 February 2016
Took care of many co-workers' payroll and any concerns they had about benefits, etc. It was a great group of people to work with.
I rate nco as 4 star
Customer Service Representative/Collector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
a typical day at work is mostly focusing on the job task lot of reading
and making notes. I learned to deal with customers, co-workers are very helpful respect each others. The hardest part of the job is staying calm while the customers are very angry with me. The enjoyable part of the job is when we have team challenges we
succeed and collect our rewards.
Grate
Management (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2017
It was a fun place to work at, very fast passed but over all amazin work hours, stable and the people are just great. I would recommend to averybody...
Collection Agent
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2016
Worst company ever many hours on the phone total of 40 hours per week.

Forget making bonus lol.

if you hit bonus it because you are good friend with manager the manager choose who will be getting the bonus

If you are too good of collector the manager will try to get rid of you as fast as possible so they can save their own job

pay sucks 11per hours

if you cant find a job apply at NCO

worst company every the hiring process is like 4hrs with HR.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Stay away from this company
What a dishonest and ungrateful management
NCO&APAC MONTREAL CATASTROPHY (Former Employee) –  Montreal11 December 2014
No fix hours.worked for walmart rewards mastercard campaign. Confused management who don't keep their promises.most supervisors don't understand the concepts and give out wrong Info to the agents.low salary and no benefits as promised in the end.Never appreciate agents.make u feel worthless. Manager knows nothing of what is expected and believes by firing agents then he is efficient. No fixed working schedules.most of the chairs at the job are broken.poor headsets.infact shame to nco who keeps exploiting it's workers . biggest part of the campaign is ran from the Philippines because of cheap slave Labour. No innovation no possibility of growth .bilingual agents too 11$per hour! Staff earn money agents earn crumbs!!Exploitation! !!!
Pros
multi cultural workplace
Cons
Work for crumbs and under much stress!
fun work place because i worked in outbound so no pushing but still have to push our selves to get more bonus and get good quality
Fraud Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  montreal qc4 March 2013
learned how to handle convince people on the phone
what words have use on the phone when we talk to customers and understand the situation and use proper words ex-if they say my husband died say condolence, birthday have to wish, lost say sorry inconvinience say appology etc etc
how to work with group
good management care about employees, tried to give flexible time
co-workers mostly understand eachother and friendly and like a family
hardest part i don't find that much may be when customers yelling us on the phone when their credit card declined
more enjoyable part is also when customer yelling us on the phone with bad words.
Pros
have free lunches 3 times a year, bonus for encouraging employees, friendly supervisors
Cons
less salary more work
NCO Service S***
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal11 August 2015
Unfortunately, this company do not deserve any stars at all. Management doesn't even know what they are doing and gives false promises to its employees. Worst of all, they give bonuses to the wrong employees who not deserve it. Salary is not as described, even lower than expected for a stressful position. Worst job experience ever.
Pros
Cons
Everything was described in my review
Nice place to work also nice timming of shifts
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 September 2016
It was a good experience working with NCO financial.It was a collection job over the phone for Bank one credit card customers..Achived the goals and received rewards.
Pros
overall good experience
Cons
Pressure of results.
fun and friendly workplace
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2015
Very good workplace. fixed work schedule, flexible management Jeans became allowed on week days. Ability to choose your convenient work schedule after couple of months. However, salary and bonus are too low for such job
Pros
fixed schedule from the 1st day and friendly management
Cons
low salary
Great place to start off working
Collector/Call agent (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 September 2016
The job was not the greatest..talking to people who will argue with you. However the environment was great. Nice place to build work family rapport

2.9