NCO Group

NCO Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical call cente job
customer service (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pretty relaxed place to work and the benefits started right away which was very nice. I had a month of training and a lot of help to get through it.

Typical call centre type work, answering calls, checking account information, adding plans too account and yah, selling which honestly was pretty easy. Just mention one promotion and you're done, Great – more... environment for young people as 75 percent of employees under 25, – less
A productive and organized workplace
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: interesting coworkers
Cons: angry customers
I worked with a variety of different people from different professional, and educational backgrounds. We learned how to effectively communicate with each other as well as our customers. I learned how to multi task efficiently and effectively. I also enhanced my teamwork skills and communication skills.
Fun to work at, but little to no advancement opportunity
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great discounts, great mood
Cons: little to no opportunity of advancement
Tons of fun to work with likeminded students, but burger flipping gets old fast. Not to mention, no matter how hard you work, you still can't advance, and you're not compensated in any way for excelling and going beyond expectations.

I trained half of the staff that was present when I changed jobs and was never promoted or given a raise.
Easy work, good management, good training.
Microsoft Support Agent (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: easy work, good co-workers and management.
Cons: even though it was repetive work, we all managed to make it interesting.
I had to review French ads at first. After this section was transfered to another location I was assigned to review ads in English.
Training was good, and trainers too.
Great team where people got along well.
People from different cultures, languages and religion: I learned a lot from all these people.
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee), TorontoMay 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: worst
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience – more... I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck – less
Coaching and Scheduling
APAC Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: disorganized, minimum wage
My bosses coached me well and understood my scheduling needs. It was a fun, sometimes stressful environment.
Did not promote good work ethic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: friends
Cons: bad work environment
Not a place that I would go back to, it was a company that advanced you based on who you knew and not how good your work was
It was a fun place to work.
Telesales insurance agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 21, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: low pay
I would work the afternoon shift. I really learned how to sell and close sales. I really enjoyed the easy going management and coworkers as we all became friends.
bad job, decent hours
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Hamilton Ontario, Jackson SquareMay 17, 2013
Pros: as part time you can completly choose your hours
Cons: getting sworn at and hung up on, and being told to sell a certain way, but expected to break the rules to maintain your stats.
It is a shady telemarketing job, and the leads lists never get updated. If you want to call the same numbers 10-15 times per month, month after month after month, to try and sell the same products every time to these people, then this is the place for you.
Was a great to work at, but is also a stressful environment.
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 6, 2013
It was a wonderful place to work. Steady hours. Enjoyable co-workers. Decent pay. The only downside was that it was a stressful environment.
typical workday
Inbound Customer Service and Sales agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2013
Answer calls and help customers. I learned patience and loved the coworkers.
Possibly the worst collections agency to work at.
Agent de Recouvrement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: if you can last a year there, you can work any collections job happily afterwards.
Cons: bad pay, intimidation tactics to try to create efficiency, constant stress in and outside of work, very little possibility of advancement no matter how hard you work to get there, etc.
Minimum Wage (with no commission) no possibility of advancement unless you know someone high up or dedicate your life to the company.

The management was awful, mainly using an intimidation based chain of command. Everyone is stressed, you sometimes spend 4 hours without a break if it's crunch time, which was every Thursday and Friday.

Your job is – more... secure only as long as there isn't a cheaper alternative as the majority of their contracts are on one year terms. – less

January 17, 2013

This place will test your sanity, due to the extremely low work flow resulting in massive boredom, crossed with unnecessarily harsh floor rules that literally trap you in one place - at your cubicle - and punish you for the slightest showing of humanity. Try working the Fraud department for Capitol One in Montreal. When the work flow is slow and there simply are no cases to review (and I mean NONE, not like a few and people are putting them off. NONE), you are not even allowed a book, magazine, pen and paper - ANYTHING - to doodle, read, or otherwise pass the time when there is NO work and NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR BE GIVEN TO DO. You are literally expected to sit there, stare at your screen, and keep Refreshing your work program in the hopes new work comes in... which on average, nets you maybe ONE case in a 3 hour window. Again, I've lived this, and am not exaggerating. I never thought I'd work someplace where I actually begged for MORE WORK TO DO!! "What am I supposed to do then?? There is no work coming in!!" numerous workers plea to their managers when yelled at for surfing Google search results (the only loophole luxury on the floor), to which their zombified superiors reply "Keep refreshing in case something comes in"... or "keep calling customers" (who you've already called once for the day and can't leave more than one message for in a 24 hr window)... they don't even know what to say, because there is nothing to say. All this on your weekends, as the "hazing period" (as referred to coldly by some employees) demands your first year be all weekends, with three workdays of late afternoon to night hours (11am to 10pm on average). After that, MAYBE you can negotiate "normal" hours of a work week, M-F.

very fun environment
Geek Squad Mission Controller (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: once a month pot lucks, free lunches and met great new friends
Cons: long hours, stressful trying to fix an issue when a few of the attempts did not work.
log into our computers and phones and start taking calls.
I learned many skills such as patience, simple computer troubleshooting such as wireless connection resolution, new computer programs specialized for GeekSquad, setting up in-house appointments for Technicians.
The management team was great, they were very helpful, patient and willing to take – more... time out of their busy day to assist with supervisor calls and teaching new resolutions.
I have made a lot of great friends who were also co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme high call volumes and stress trying to figure out a solution for the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and helping people with their issues and making new and good friends. – less
needs help
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brantford,OntarioNovember 21, 2012
work like a dog for min. wage and be tossed out like trash.Thank god for WIPRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 27, 2012

Worst place to work in Brantford. No respect for people, minimun wage. Just don't bother.

Supportive Place to Work
Inbound/Outbound customer service agent (APAC) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: supportive staff large earning potential
Cons: base salary is not that great. however the sales bonues are great
Working in an inbound/outbound call center means there is lots going on. The management at NCO value their agents opinions and allow the agents to express ideas freely and without bias.
NCO also has a university which is open to all employees and can help strength skills as well as move up in the company.
Very professional company in all aspects
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 25, 2012
Due to relocation I had to leave NCO Group but really enjoyed working at this company
Latoya
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: off on weekends
there is no room for growth. This is a very easy job but there are no raises.
Production, manufacturing company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 18, 2014
Great company to work for and I did not mind the long hours. I was always on time and enjoyed my peers.
Resolution Supervisor
Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 14, 2014
Pros: save money on fuel
Cons: pay was bad!
Taking in bond calls, and placing very few outbound. Processing payments, Trouble Shooting devices with customers. Hardest part about this job was a raise freeze for four years. What I like most was working from home.
Disappointing
Contract Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria onsite, few cents metric incentives and bonuses
Cons: healthcare is not affordable, pay does not compare to the job function, breaks are too short for those that work 4 x 10's, you are wrote up for everything, you have to resolve your own computer issues, if not signed in on time and you are having computer issues then you get an infraction, no one listens to each other from management on down, 10 minutes per week of personal time off the phones for bathroom breaks etc.
A typical day is taking over 60 to 75 calls per day. I learned a lot about the contract company, which is interesting. Management was not very good. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency in the job flow and meeting the 4.6 minutes of average handle time for calls. The enjoyable part of the job was getting to speak – more... with many different people and helping them with their bills. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About NCO Group

NCO Group, Inc. (NCO) is a holding company and conducts substantially all of its business operations through its subsidiaries. – Read more