NCO Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Great people to work with
Payroll Administrator & Collector (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Took care of many co-workers' payroll and any concerns they had about benefits, etc. It was a great group of people to work with.
fun and friendly workplace
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 18, 2015
Very good workplace. fixed work schedule, flexible management Jeans became allowed on week days. Ability to choose your convenient work schedule after couple of months. However, salary and bonus are too low for such job
Pros
fixed schedule from the 1st day and friendly management
Cons
low salary
NCO Service S***
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MontrealAugust 11, 2015
Unfortunately, this company do not deserve any stars at all. Management doesn't even know what they are doing and gives false promises to its employees. Worst of all, they give bonuses to the wrong employees who not deserve it. Salary is not as described, even lower than expected for a stressful position. Worst job experience ever.
Pros
Cons
Everything was described in my review
What a dishonest and ungrateful management
NCO&APAC MONTREAL CATASTROPHY (Former Employee) –  MontrealDecember 11, 2014
No fix hours.worked for walmart rewards mastercard campaign. Confused management who don't keep their promises.most supervisors don't understand the concepts and give out wrong Info to the agents.low salary and no benefits as promised in the end.Never appreciate agents.make u feel worthless. Manager knows nothing of what is expected and believes by firing agents then he is efficient. No fixed working schedules.most of the chairs at the job are broken.poor headsets.infact shame to nco who keeps exploiting it's workers . biggest part of the campaign is ran from the Philippines because of cheap slave Labour. No innovation no possibility of growth .bilingual agents too 11$per hour! Staff earn money agents earn crumbs!!Exploitation! !!!
Pros
multi cultural workplace
Cons
work for crumbs and under much stress!
Working with and helping people resolve thier Debits
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2016
On the phone with people for 7 hours a day
Patience
Always willing to help you succeed and meet your target
Fun and friendly
Not able to help people resolve their situation for numerous reasons
Working with other to help and resolve their debits
Pros
Helping and working with people
attending to clients' account on the phone.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 10, 2016
Dealing with pass due accounts and providing opportunity for clients to pay off debts in a convenient manner and time. Understanding how and why people fall back on payment and set up payment arrangement affordable to them.
Pros
no deadlines
Cons
long hours on the phone
was a good job for a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 27, 2016
i liked the people that i worked with and the hours i am not really a phone person but over all i did like the job and would work in another job like it if i had too but i prefer customer service instead
Pros
good pay and good people
Cons
iritated customers
under paid for the hard work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Lots to do in this company, lots of room to grow for the company itself. Strong work connections, lots of many different cultures.
Unprofessional
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONApril 11, 2016
Worked there for 2 months and it was the most miserable place I ever worked! Management was beyond unprofessional. They kept changing my shifts and expected me to inform other people of their shift change.
Benefits
Cons
Bad hours
Friendly environment
Payment Procssing (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2016
Feel motivated in working there.

They have good trainer's and they help the employee in any difficult situation.

Everyday there are new challenges with the job, but the supervisor's motivate the agents.
Great place to work!
CSR (Current Employee) –  BrantfordFebruary 10, 2015
Great benefits package, with room for advancement and a good solid management team! Typical day at work includes assiting customer with the order inuires, updating there method of payments, arranging for refund and schedule deliveris. Co-workers are pleasant and always helpful. Enjoy my job very much
CC Sales
good support system
good managers
good shift hours
very clean
fun work place because i worked in outbound so no pushing but still have to push our selves to get more bonus and get good quality
Fraud Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  montreal qcMarch 4, 2013
learned how to handle convince people on the phone
what words have use on the phone when we talk to customers and understand the situation and use proper words ex-if they say my husband died say condolence, birthday have to wish, lost say sorry inconvinience say appology etc etc
how to work with group
good management care about employees, tried to give flexible time
co-workers mostly understand eachother and friendly and like a family
hardest part i don't find that much may be when customers yelling us on the phone when their credit card declined
more enjoyable part is also when customer yelling us on the phone with bad words.
Pros
have free lunches 3 times a year, bonus for encouraging employees, friendly supervisors
Cons
less salary more work
Typical call cente job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pretty relaxed place to work and the benefits started right away which was very nice. I had a month of training and a lot of help to get through it.

Typical call centre type work, answering calls, checking account information, adding plans too account and yah, selling which honestly was pretty easy. Just mention one promotion and you're done, Great environment for young people as 75 percent of employees under 25,
Great management team
Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 16, 2015
* started at 10am, finished at 7pm, work in various ques (inbound or outbound)
*learned how to interpret customer's credit history and fraudulent trends
*dynamic and young management team
*co-workers with different backgrounds, fun to connect with them
*hardest part-being on a chair for 8 hours
*catching fraud
Pros
Frequent updates on new fraud trends, flexible scedule
Cons
Sitting for long hours
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 29, 2015
During a typical day at work I am responsible for taking calls and booking appointments for a variety of HVAC-related issues. We consider ourselves the front line staff for our customers who are experiencing equipment breakdowns, or who wish to simply discuss their accounts.

Occasionally, I act as a supervisor in the Customer Care department where we try our very best to resolve any customer issues with billing, or with services associated with their accounts.
Worst Experience EVER
collector (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 27, 2014
I start the day at 8am making calls in Ontario province; calling debtors’ files with four or five assignments, ,some co-workers are friendly others are unfriendly ,rude and unprofessional with really bad attitude toward new people, no good morning, no good night and unhappy when new people ask for help regarding any subject .

Is the worst experience I ever had as collector and the most stressful environment I ever worked ,low salary ,only few peoples are able to make commission because those peoples have computer system privileges and easy access to files that debtors in one point was agreed to make some payments . The rest of the collectors never get commission. Good Luck
Pros
nothing
Cons
worst
Fun to work at, but little to no advancement opportunity
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 23, 2014
Tons of fun to work with likeminded students, but burger flipping gets old fast. Not to mention, no matter how hard you work, you still can't advance, and you're not compensated in any way for excelling and going beyond expectations.

I trained half of the staff that was present when I changed jobs and was never promoted or given a raise.
Pros
great discounts, great mood
Cons
little to no opportunity of advancement
Fun atmospher
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 10, 2015
Answering inbound calls, e-mails and live chats with customers having troubles with their devices. Technical support and resolution.

Must be patient because most of the callers call only when they have trouble and are frustrated.

You have supervisor after you all the time as he's following and monitoring your activities.

Cool environment as there are coworkers all around you ready to help.

When communication is not clear between you and the callers.

When every team talk about the bonus and others stuffs.
Pros
Training for new application and expectaion for upcoming new products in the markets.
Cons
No realy wage increase.
Fun and easy
Fraud Agent/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 17, 2013
It's fun to work at NCO! Has a diverse group of people, which you'll encounter in a daily basis. In fraud department (Capital One), we operate 7 days a week. What's nice in this department we have the option to work 4 days a week having 3 days off or 5 days a week having 2 days off whichever will suit you. You'll have a regular weekly team meeting with your supervisor and if there are updates that you need to know they will ask you to go online in Capital One University site. Supervisors and managers are approachable. I guess the hardest part of the job is having a night shift in your schedule meaning working until 11 pm. But in general, it's an easy job. I would recommend this job especially to those people who are studying or who are doing double jobs. What i learned in this company, since it has a diverse group of people you have to be careful and be sensitive to the beliefs of others. What is important is that you always respect each other and give a helping hand when others need it.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
minimum salary