NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

NCI is an excellant company to work for.
Primary Quality Control Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Islaand, IllinoisJuly 16, 2012
NCI, their management and their employees are very welcoming in the government contracting area of business. They offer continuing education which is helpful in a career area where technology changes daily.
Pros
education
Cons
industry is cutthroat.
Client is good to work for, but NCI is very poor at people and resource management
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJanuary 5, 2015
The company will do anything to ensure a very very low bid on a contract. Their favorite seems to be cutting employee salaries and then hiring others who are not technically qualified for the positions. The client appears to have very little control over what NCI gives them as far as product. No noticeable company standards.
Pros
most of the employees get along very well because they have the same compaint: the company.
Cons
poor personnel management, poor and getting worse salaries
Productivity
Senior Analyst/ Logistics Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 20, 2013
This by far one of the most rewarding job's I have had thus far in my life time. This job was at time very challanging but in the same breath the most rewarding. Challanging due to dealing with high ranking official's, to vendors,etc. But the rewarding part of being able to help with the well being of the Solider is something priceless. I have never meet a group of people that no matter the rank would push their sleeves up and work as a group to get the job done. We were there for one reason and that was at the end of the day the safelty of the Military.
What I learned from that position was that each and everyone of us work hard to do the best in our job...but what the military does goes above and beyond the job description.
Pros
working for the military
Structure and organized program for children and families
Home Visitor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2015
Provided the oportunity to learn about different ways to provide services to children and families in a holistic manner.
Call center
payments/customer service (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYNovember 26, 2013
Was a mediocre work environment. Very strict rules about time spent on phones and handling accounts. Fulfilling a customer service role over the phone. Very unrewarding job and can lead to depression as mistreatment from customers is met with equal abuse from management. Tried to take a vacation at one point only to be met by my manager upon returning to "make up for time missed" regardless of having used only PTO and not just a leave of absence. You are occasionally rewarded for doing a good job, but severely punished for even the slightest of errors or altering your "script" for calls.
Pros
can get large amount of hours/pay if you want or need to
Cons
very strict work environment, constant belittling by customers, very unrewarding
NCI, Inc. - Great Place to Work
Technical Writer and Disaster Recovery SME (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 24, 2012
NCI at Fort Bragg has fantastic management and great people to work with. Their benefits are fair and consistent with the other belt-way bandits.
Pros
flexible hours if the customer allows.
Cons
vacation and sick time are out of the same pot of time.
Easy to get RR but you'll need it
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 13, 2013
Can be a hard work place with sometimes overwhelming amounts of work that needs doing, while at the same time no one seems to know your doing it. There is not much credit thrown around but blame is in plenty supply and no one want to take it while everyone wants to dish it out. Nci is always on top of training for the job you have been assigned, but if you want to learn more you'll have to do that on your own. Because of those things it is difficult to show your ready to advance, they also like to hire new people for that new higher position you have been waiting for rather then promoting you. Vacation is plentiful and rarely will anyone bother you while your on it, also the people are very lax on when you ask for it no two week notice needed, 24 hours is more than enough! People are mostly pretty friendly.
Pros
easy going vacation time, not bothered while at home(generally), mostly relaxed environment
Cons
advancement is difficult, once you can do your job they are loathed to teach anything else
Overall, the job itself is good. I really enjoy this kind of work. Company treatment of employees not so good. Also pay is too low.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYOctober 24, 2013
Management tends to spend inordinate time creating rules and pointing out mistakes. Very little positive feedback on job performance. Supervisors become annoyed when employees need help and have a generally angry demeanor.

I love my coworkers and have mostly positive interactions with them.

Dealing with attitudes of management

Helping the customers and interacting with trainers from the company that hired NCI.
Pros
good physical locaton and physical work environment
Cons
poor healthcare packages, poor management attitudes and behaviors.
Terrible management & terrible training
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 27, 2012
Promises of flexible schedule that were false. Very difficult job, very stressful, management changing their mind on how they want things done daily. Each manager was very different & the standards for employees were different depending on manager. The flexible schedules were different per manager & employees were treated differently depending on who the manager was. Management was very unprofessional as they would talk about other employees to their staff and others. Goals were not realistic and some of the managers were very incompetent and could not answer questions. They would send you to other staff to answer even the simple questions that they should know. In addition, the training that you receive was the worst that I have ever experienced. Then you were expected to know everything and held to the same standards as someone who had been there years. Very high turnover rate.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor management, poor training, different standards for different employees
Work employees are friendly
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, Az.July 11, 2013
Had to watch your back all the time because of the customer. you needed to stay active every minute of the day, which was fine when there was work to be done. When a project was finished, you had better be doing something or the "customer" would turn you in for not doing your job or wasting time. The management would not back you up on much of anything if you tried to defend your actions. Their feelings were, "the customer is ALWAYS right".
Pros
not too many.
Cons
paychecks are always nice, but they were not very much and it you had a problem with your timecard, it took an act of congress to get it straightened out.
Great company with positive atmosphere
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILAugust 19, 2013
Great place to work with all involved. New tasks were always fun to complete. The rewards were tangible and always appropriate.
Pros
best management around
Cons
poor benifits package
Product
Collections rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 12, 2015
busy interment, fast pace, All about numbers, policy, and red tape. There is a lot of business that needs to be worked. There is not much interaction at this time for employee involvement.
exelent
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  BethesdaJune 18, 2015
the salary is above the average in dc have a chance to participate in many conferences, good administration and health insurance, many collaborations
Women not wanted
Information Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 20, 2013
There is no support for women in engineering. The only females that are promoted to management roles are in accounting and similiar not male dominanted roles. As a black female woman, I got no support even though my program manager was a female. Men getting promoted; support their friends and sabbatoge other women. When you complain about them saying inappropriate remarks sexually or calling you a wino management does nothing. I quit when asked to sign a written reprimand. They believe whatever the men say. Women stay away.
Cons
men only wanted
Would not recommend
Customer Service/Collections CSR (Former Employee) –  endicott nyJuly 6, 2015
Not a nice place to work . Very abusive to employees. It is a revolving door company.
Dead end Job. No sick days
sit for hours and must do everything in your 15 min break ie bathroom, mental health, snack, business or else you are penalized
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
sit for hours and most do everything in your 15 min break ie bathroom, mental health, snack, business or else you are penalized
The job allowed me to aquire more experience in my field of work
General Working Foreman (Former Employee) –  WISeptember 20, 2012
We would meet at a certain place in the morning have a brief discussion of the days work, fuel up trucks if needed, check if job required any special tools or machinery and head out. Day would end at meeting spot. I worked well with my co-workers, had some minor disagreements with 1 person in management. Overall,I was working for a company that gave me the opportunity to gain more experience in the field of work I love to do.
Pros
free medical insurance
Cons
back stabbing
Committed to providing excellent service at every opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYSeptember 2, 2015
Documented call outcome in proprietary computer systems with
accuracy and timeliness
Handled inbound and outbound calls from NYSEG customers
regarding delinquent accounts and potential shut offs
do not like sitting all day
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYFebruary 20, 2015
As soon as you sit down you log onto the phone.
learned more computer skills.co-workers and management
were very nice.Hardest part of job was sitting all day I enjoy
being face to face with people and helping anyway I can.
Pros
talking to and helping people
Cons
sitting all day
Good Company
Inventory Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterson AFB, COJanuary 5, 2015
Worked as an Inventory Manager converting ADPE accounts from Government Civilians to Contractors. In the process of doing this, I learned how to image drives, and set computers up for users by assisting other team members when they needed it.
The benefits were not that great. It was a temporary position but I had hope to be hired permanently.
Great company to work for.
Help Desk-level (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 5, 2013
Since NCI is a contract company, often the quality of your day or lack thereof typically will reflect on the client you are assigned to much more than NCI, your employer. I have had a great experience because I have done great work, and both leads, and customers have positively acknowledged my efforts.
Pros
very supportive company for advancement and work family life balance.
Cons
limited advancement opportunties, thus far within the company.