NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

The job allowed me to aquire more experience in my field of work
General Working Foreman (Former Employee) –  WI20 September 2012
We would meet at a certain place in the morning have a brief discussion of the days work, fuel up trucks if needed, check if job required any special tools or machinery and head out. Day would end at meeting spot. I worked well with my co-workers, had some minor disagreements with 1 person in management. Overall,I was working for a company that gave me the opportunity to gain more experience in the field of work I love to do.
Pros
free medical insurance
Cons
back stabbing
Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NY25 September 2012
An eight hour day forty hour week with challenges ever changing. I enjoyed being able to help others as I would want to be treated. I would help keep service on but at times would have to implement shut-off of electric service which was both required but difficult. I learned a different type of compassion for others which still is used in my everyday.
Pros
health insurance, short travel distance less gas
Cons
having to shut-off services to people
It's a great place to work with a good team work environment.
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC5 March 2013
I have been able to grow and learn lots of new technical skills working for NCI. I’ve learn how to increase my ability to assist customers over the phone working on the Helpdesk. My technical skills continued to grow when I got promoted to the Deskside team. It involved a lot of hands on troubleshooting supporting customers onsite. Each day can be different than the previous with new customers and new technical issues. I’ve learned to make unhappy frustrated customers smile and request me for assistance.
Pros
i enjoy working independently with no supervision.
Cons
some days are so busy, there’s no time to catch your breath.
Contractor To Government
Technical Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VA7 March 2013
Restructured and modernized Training materials

Added State Dept. telecommunications system knowledge to what I had learned previously.

Challenging as style was greatly different from my military experience.

Super knowledgeable and easy to learn from.

Learning so many different systems so quickly.

The variety of work and finding a solution the Contractor liked.
Pros
workplace atmosphere and location
Cons
constant change of contract managers and thus changing objectives.
Women not wanted
Information Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Virginia20 March 2013
There is no support for women in engineering. The only females that are promoted to management roles are in accounting and similiar not male dominanted roles. As a black female woman, I got no support even though my program manager was a female. Men getting promoted; support their friends and sabbatoge other women. When you complain about them saying inappropriate remarks sexually or calling you a wino management does nothing. I quit when asked to sign a written reprimand. They believe whatever the men say. Women stay away.
Cons
men only wanted
Hard work and no pay
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX19 July 2013
- great co workers over all
- management is ok but could do better in the communication department
- everyone whispers about what goes on and then smiles at you
- hard work but not fairly compensated at the staff level
- hardest part of the job: communication
- enjoyable part of the job: co workers
- benefits are okay but not the best

dont expect much of anything free. dont expect exciting bonuses in the current economic conditions.
Pros
flexibility, no micromanagement
Cons
pay
Highly skilled work environment where learning was required at all times
Senior Engineer / Wideband Technician (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZ22 June 2013
No day at NCI was the same. I was contracted to do many different jobs while employed at NCI. My first job while employed was to train government officials on a new trouble ticket system. My second job was to supervise the construction of a satellite system in Fort Bragg, NC and perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance for the Government Representatives. My final job was to design and implement Data Centers and satellite centers in Guam, Camp Roberts, CA, Fort Bragg, NC, Germany and FT Meade, VA
Good Company but bad management.
Welding and Painting Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 July 2013
Its a good company with great benefits but the management that they currently have at the Houston plant is hurting the company. There is no balance between work and your personal life, they do not care about you or your family because they expect you to work every day of the week 12+ hours and when you ask for some time off they get upset. They have to realize that the people in the shops are the ones making the money and they should be a little more considerate of their personal lifes.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
long hours, no set schedule, inconsiderate management, low wages
Work employees are friendly
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, Az.11 July 2013
Had to watch your back all the time because of the customer. you needed to stay active every minute of the day, which was fine when there was work to be done. When a project was finished, you had better be doing something or the "customer" would turn you in for not doing your job or wasting time. The management would not back you up on much of anything if you tried to defend your actions. Their feelings were, "the customer is ALWAYS right".
Pros
Not too many.
Cons
Paychecks are always nice, but they were not very much and it you had a problem with your timecard, it took an act of congress to get it straightened out.
Overall, the job itself is good. I really enjoy this kind of work. Company treatment of employees not so good. Also pay is too low.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NY24 October 2013
Management tends to spend inordinate time creating rules and pointing out mistakes. Very little positive feedback on job performance. Supervisors become annoyed when employees need help and have a generally angry demeanor.

I love my coworkers and have mostly positive interactions with them.

Dealing with attitudes of management

Helping the customers and interacting with trainers from the company that hired NCI.
Pros
Good physical locaton and physical work environment
Cons
Poor healthcare packages, Poor management attitudes and behaviors.
Great company to work for.
Help Desk-level (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC5 March 2013
Since NCI is a contract company, often the quality of your day or lack thereof typically will reflect on the client you are assigned to much more than NCI, your employer. I have had a great experience because I have done great work, and both leads, and customers have positively acknowledged my efforts.
Pros
very supportive company for advancement and work family life balance.
Cons
limited advancement opportunties, thus far within the company.
Lots of resources and autonomy
Sales (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GA15 February 2014
On the phones by nine, co-workers that help each other, when needed. Management there as a resource and coaching, when needed, I learn daily through experience and reading sales books. The hardest part of my job is prospecting, but I'm good at it. My paycheck and a sense of accomplishment are the fun parts of my job.
Pros
Little supervision. Good benefits healthcare, etc. Allowed to have lunch at my desk.
Cons
One hour and fifteen commute to work, eachday.
Call center
payments/customer service (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NY26 November 2013
Was a mediocre work environment. Very strict rules about time spent on phones and handling accounts. Fulfilling a customer service role over the phone. Very unrewarding job and can lead to depression as mistreatment from customers is met with equal abuse from management. Tried to take a vacation at one point only to be met by my manager upon returning to "make up for time missed" regardless of having used only PTO and not just a leave of absence. You are occasionally rewarded for doing a good job, but severely punished for even the slightest of errors or altering your "script" for calls.
Pros
Can get large amount of hours/pay if you want or need to
Cons
very strict work environment, constant belittling by customers, very unrewarding
very understandable
customer service rep. (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NY26 June 2012
i learned how to answer phone calls in a professional manor and handle may tasks at once, management was phenomenal very nice same with my co workers/downside to the job is if you are a person who likes a little something different everyday this isn't the job you do the same thing every day all day long there is no change and you sit all day long do not move.
Pros
good pay, close to may food places
Cons
sitting all day, very repetitive
Great Job but short lived
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC13 August 2012
This job was a government contract and was short-term due to it being a contract posistion. A typical day included general supply chain functions, i.e. procurement, shipping/receiving, and warehouse duties. The work environment was good and I enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part was meetin deadlines that depended on other services provided by sub-contractors
Pros
salary was good
Cons
availability of jobs were limited
Good Place to Work
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA17 November 2012
Was a very good place to work, I was on a travel team that traveled around the country. Had a great support staff, management was always responsive to you.

Only drawback was the amount of travel that was done, but was always put up at the best places and always taken care of if there were ever any problems.

Worked with a great bunch of guys, unfortunately contract was lost to another company.
Pros
great people to work with
Productive and challenging place to grow and develop in the area of cyber!
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX23 September 2012
I review processes and projects that affect the AF NetOps. I'm exposed to many AF Net programs that are deployed by CITS. My co-workers are geographically separated throughout the globe. The dynamic nature of our tasks is the hardest yet enjoyable part of the job. Management is very supportive regarding professional development.
Pros
free keurig coffee
Office politics
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZ26 May 2013
Nowhere to move up endless you are part of the boys club. Office politics and backstabbing from management down. Kept on the road with no communication. Promises to the troops not kept. Thet will say anything to get you to do the project and then put you on LWOP. Went on it four times in two years. Not ethical. I now work for SAIC who treat me much better.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Office politics, no communication, boys club
Productivity
Senior Analyst/ Logistics Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA20 August 2013
This by far one of the most rewarding job's I have had thus far in my life time. This job was at time very challanging but in the same breath the most rewarding. Challanging due to dealing with high ranking official's, to vendors,etc. But the rewarding part of being able to help with the well being of the Solider is something priceless. I have never meet a group of people that no matter the rank would push their sleeves up and work as a group to get the job done. We were there for one reason and that was at the end of the day the safelty of the Military.
What I learned from that position was that each and everyone of us work hard to do the best in our job...but what the military does goes above and beyond the job description.
Pros
Working for the Military
Cons
Unwilling to work with a single mistake.
call tech (Former Employee) –  endicott8 July 2015
after applying, being offered a job, start date, passing the drug test, they noticed a date seemed off on my background check. Instead of letting me fix this mistake, they instead denied employment.
Pros
Some of HR was nice
Cons
ignorant to employment and promissory laws.