NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

Challenging Sales Position
Sales Rep/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MI27 August 2015
Marketing Kirby Systems to clients directly door to door or by appointment. Minimal Management interference. Long hours with little time off for far too little pay.
Pros
Free Kirby Supplies
Cons
No Benefits
Medical Records, do not make any mistakes.
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VA25 July 2015
After taking a month for the background check finally told when to come in for my 1st day. No training, Very negative work zone to work in. Too strict on making any kind of mistake. Prejudice co-workers very stressful environment. Would not recommend this job for anyone.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Poor training, poor leadership ethics.
NEC Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC25 July 2015
I loved working there. Everyone worked together and helped one another. Sadly the contract was awarded to them as lowest bidder this time. This resulted in my position being terminated. I would still work there if I could. I will be applying for other positions with them.
Pros
full benefits, team works together, promotes self improvement
Cons
Contract work is unstable
Nci
Desktop Support Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GA18 July 2015
NCI underpays its employees. The insurance is very expensive with this company also. I would not recommend NCI to others especially through contracting work.
Unwilling to work with a single mistake.
call tech (Former Employee) –  endicott8 July 2015
after applying, being offered a job, start date, passing the drug test, they noticed a date seemed off on my background check. Instead of letting me fix this mistake, they instead denied employment.
Pros
Some of HR was nice
Cons
ignorant to employment and promissory laws.
Would not recommend
Customer Service/Collections CSR (Former Employee) –  endicott ny6 July 2015
Not a nice place to work . Very abusive to employees. It is a revolving door company.
Dead end Job. No sick days
sit for hours and must do everything in your 15 min break ie bathroom, mental health, snack, business or else you are penalized
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
sit for hours and most do everything in your 15 min break ie bathroom, mental health, snack, business or else you are penalized
Terrible Contracting Company
IT Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZ23 June 2015
This company is based out of Washington D.C. and contracts it's services out to various military locations. They under bid the contracts and in-turn have to lay people off and under pay employees. No job security at all with this company.
Pros
It's a job, there were great local managers
Cons
Everything else.
exelent
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Bethesda18 June 2015
the salary is above the average in dc have a chance to participate in many conferences, good administration and health insurance, many collaborations
Would not recomend this place
call center rep (Former Employee) –  Endicott NY11 June 2015
This company constantly requested that reps make up time for days that the company gave us off, overly strict punishment for the smallest mistakes, required call time or less for phone calls which means you cant properly help customers when they call in but the company requires that you assist them to the fullest which means you'll be on the phone with a customer longer than they want you to be...also company has tried to take back money from its employees that was given to them from holiday pay.
Pros
fellow call center reps are nice people
Cons
many, including management and the company as a whole
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NY5 June 2015
The training program was very good and prepared you for working on the phones with customers. I really enjoyed my job as a customer service rep doing connections and disconnections for National Grid customers.
Customer Oriented Company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Kuwait10 May 2015
Excellent company to work for.Compensation and Benefits are top notch. Places employee and customer service first. Job culture allows interaction with customers and gives you the ability to resolve customer issues.
Pros
Employee Oriented
Productive Place to work
Collector I- Collect (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NY17 April 2015
NCI is a good company to work for, Good People, And Helpful Co-Workers. management is understanding and willing to help. Dealing with the Debtors, Enjoy making the bonuses
Pros
Pto
customer service
Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC3 April 2015
keeping up with changing software programs, technology changes
and maintaining excellent customer service skills. Continuous learning is essential to gaining and maintaining a competitive edge in this area. Training improves employee performance in quality, problem solving, attitude, ethics, motivation, leadership, and communication. customer-oriented business environment, "people
skills" are critical for personal and organizational success.
NCI work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NY3 April 2015
Working here is like your typical call center. Very busy. Easy to work here at this job. Call centers are not for me, hence why I left.
Install and design engineer
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL2 March 2015
Performed upgrades to routers, switches, and other network equipment; Installed and designed network architecture; Great team environment with a great opportunity to learn
Pros
Great learning experience; team environment
Cons
Length of contract
Too Far of a Drive
Territory Account Executive - California (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA23 February 2015
I liked the job, I was good at it, but the quality of my life suffered. I worked with Clients in the mulifamily industry.. selling advertising in print, internet and mobile advertising.
Pros
No Weekends
Cons
Drive
do not like sitting all day
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NY20 February 2015
As soon as you sit down you log onto the phone.
learned more computer skills.co-workers and management
were very nice.Hardest part of job was sitting all day I enjoy
being face to face with people and helping anyway I can.
Pros
talking to and helping people
Cons
sitting all day
It is a job.
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NY16 February 2015
The company defaults to the lowest common denominator. There is little room for advancement, and you are most often treated as a 6 year old. It is, however, a decently paying job that provides healthcare benefits. You are also able to be rehired provided you give two weeks notice before leaving and are not terminated.
Not a career
Lead Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington DC13 February 2015
Work for NCI if you need income. Don't work for NCI if you are trying to expand your career as an experienced professional. If you are new to the career then this maybe a good start.
Pros
Get paid on payday
Cons
Little vision, management is inept.
System Administrator / Senior Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Andrew air force base3 February 2015
Easy going work place.
Great work force wonderful workers
No micro management
A lot of parking
Working day are easy going and enjoyable
Pros
Away from the everyday traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCI Information Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval