NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

Poor Local Management Team
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ft. Huachuca, AZJanuary 11, 2014
If you live in Sierra Vista, NCI is NOT the place you want to go to for a job. Local management is unethical, biased, unsupportive, and tends to pick its 'favorites' out of a group of hard-working employees. Long, long hours at work result in little time spent with your family - local management even expects one to work on weekends and holidays. Many people were laid off a little over two years ago, and some were even black-balled in the contractor community by the local, current management team. Go to work for NCI and be ready to suck up to unscrupulous, ugly program managers who require you work yourself to the bone.
Cons
poor work environment & leadership
Not Bad
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 6, 2014
Decent company: not bad, but also nothing too great either. NCI has some benefits/perks typical of a large business, yet is able to rapidly make things happen and has the agility of a smaller business.

As many of NCI's positions are contract work, the typical day at work and coworkers greatly varies, as few people we work with and among are fellow NCI employees.
Pros
minor perks/incentives, decent medical, quick to provide re-imbursments and resources needed to do job
Cons
ambiguous management chain
Lots of work out of town.
Level 2 Technician (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 2, 2015
Voice and data for Wal-Mart. new stores and remodels. Gained lots of experience working on my own. Management was helpful when you needed it. hardest part was being away from home.
Pros
lots of work, good people, and decent pay
Cons
always away from home for long periods of time, nights, crazy shifts.
Overall, the job itself is good. I really enjoy this kind of work. Company treatment of employees not so good. Also pay is too low.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYOctober 24, 2013
Management tends to spend inordinate time creating rules and pointing out mistakes. Very little positive feedback on job performance. Supervisors become annoyed when employees need help and have a generally angry demeanor.

I love my coworkers and have mostly positive interactions with them.

Dealing with attitudes of management

Helping the customers and interacting with trainers from the company that hired NCI.
Pros
good physical locaton and physical work environment
Cons
poor healthcare packages, poor management attitudes and behaviors.
Hard work and no pay
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2013
- great co workers over all
- management is ok but could do better in the communication department
- everyone whispers about what goes on and then smiles at you
- hard work but not fairly compensated at the staff level
- hardest part of the job: communication
- enjoyable part of the job: co workers
- benefits are okay but not the best

dont expect much of anything free. dont expect exciting bonuses in the current economic conditions.
Pros
flexibility, no micromanagement
Cons
pay
Highly skilled work environment where learning was required at all times
Senior Engineer / Wideband Technician (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJune 22, 2013
No day at NCI was the same. I was contracted to do many different jobs while employed at NCI. My first job while employed was to train government officials on a new trouble ticket system. My second job was to supervise the construction of a satellite system in Fort Bragg, NC and perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance for the Government Representatives. My final job was to design and implement Data Centers and satellite centers in Guam, Camp Roberts, CA, Fort Bragg, NC, Germany and FT Meade, VA
Good Company but bad management.
Welding and Painting Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2013
Its a good company with great benefits but the management that they currently have at the Houston plant is hurting the company. There is no balance between work and your personal life, they do not care about you or your family because they expect you to work every day of the week 12+ hours and when you ask for some time off they get upset. They have to realize that the people in the shops are the ones making the money and they should be a little more considerate of their personal lifes.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours, no set schedule, inconsiderate management, low wages
Work employees are friendly
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, Az.July 11, 2013
Had to watch your back all the time because of the customer. you needed to stay active every minute of the day, which was fine when there was work to be done. When a project was finished, you had better be doing something or the "customer" would turn you in for not doing your job or wasting time. The management would not back you up on much of anything if you tried to defend your actions. Their feelings were, "the customer is ALWAYS right".
Pros
not too many.
Cons
paychecks are always nice, but they were not very much and it you had a problem with your timecard, it took an act of congress to get it straightened out.
Great place to work...
Network Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILOctober 24, 2012
Founded in 1989, NCI is a leading provider of technological services and solutions to the U.S. Federal Government. Hallmarks of NCI include the relationships we keep with our customers and our extensive knowledge of their missions. We firmly believe that our success is a direct result of our unwavering commitment to total customer satisfaction. We take great pride in delivering on our promises to customers, employees, and stockholders—and our top priority remains building relationships based on trust, integrity, and performance.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAJune 3, 2012
Appropriate facility with adequate space to facilitate the requirements.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAApril 30, 2012
In working for NCI was a great experience and a very professional organization. The company took care of its employee in all aspects. The work environment was that of what one would expect. The Cooperate Headquarters personnel were very responsive when needed an answer and kept employees informed and up to date. I was just a great company and wonderful people to be a part of for almost five years.
Pros
pay raises, time off, company functions, communication
The job allowed me to aquire more experience in my field of work
General Working Foreman (Former Employee) –  WISeptember 20, 2012
We would meet at a certain place in the morning have a brief discussion of the days work, fuel up trucks if needed, check if job required any special tools or machinery and head out. Day would end at meeting spot. I worked well with my co-workers, had some minor disagreements with 1 person in management. Overall,I was working for a company that gave me the opportunity to gain more experience in the field of work I love to do.
Pros
free medical insurance
Cons
back stabbing
Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYSeptember 25, 2012
An eight hour day forty hour week with challenges ever changing. I enjoyed being able to help others as I would want to be treated. I would help keep service on but at times would have to implement shut-off of electric service which was both required but difficult. I learned a different type of compassion for others which still is used in my everyday.
Pros
health insurance, short travel distance less gas
Cons
having to shut-off services to people
It's a great place to work with a good team work environment.
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 5, 2013
I have been able to grow and learn lots of new technical skills working for NCI. I’ve learn how to increase my ability to assist customers over the phone working on the Helpdesk. My technical skills continued to grow when I got promoted to the Deskside team. It involved a lot of hands on troubleshooting supporting customers onsite. Each day can be different than the previous with new customers and new technical issues. I’ve learned to make unhappy frustrated customers smile and request me for assistance.
Pros
i enjoy working independently with no supervision.
Cons
some days are so busy, there’s no time to catch your breath.
Contractor To Government
Technical Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMarch 7, 2013
Restructured and modernized Training materials

Added State Dept. telecommunications system knowledge to what I had learned previously.

Challenging as style was greatly different from my military experience.

Super knowledgeable and easy to learn from.

Learning so many different systems so quickly.

The variety of work and finding a solution the Contractor liked.
Pros
workplace atmosphere and location
Cons
constant change of contract managers and thus changing objectives.
Women not wanted
Information Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 20, 2013
There is no support for women in engineering. The only females that are promoted to management roles are in accounting and similiar not male dominanted roles. As a black female woman, I got no support even though my program manager was a female. Men getting promoted; support their friends and sabbatoge other women. When you complain about them saying inappropriate remarks sexually or calling you a wino management does nothing. I quit when asked to sign a written reprimand. They believe whatever the men say. Women stay away.
Cons
men only wanted
Great company to work for.
Help Desk-level (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 5, 2013
Since NCI is a contract company, often the quality of your day or lack thereof typically will reflect on the client you are assigned to much more than NCI, your employer. I have had a great experience because I have done great work, and both leads, and customers have positively acknowledged my efforts.
Pros
very supportive company for advancement and work family life balance.
Cons
limited advancement opportunties, thus far within the company.
Call center
payments/customer service (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYNovember 26, 2013
Was a mediocre work environment. Very strict rules about time spent on phones and handling accounts. Fulfilling a customer service role over the phone. Very unrewarding job and can lead to depression as mistreatment from customers is met with equal abuse from management. Tried to take a vacation at one point only to be met by my manager upon returning to "make up for time missed" regardless of having used only PTO and not just a leave of absence. You are occasionally rewarded for doing a good job, but severely punished for even the slightest of errors or altering your "script" for calls.
Pros
can get large amount of hours/pay if you want or need to
Cons
very strict work environment, constant belittling by customers, very unrewarding
very understandable
customer service rep. (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJune 26, 2012
i learned how to answer phone calls in a professional manor and handle may tasks at once, management was phenomenal very nice same with my co workers/downside to the job is if you are a person who likes a little something different everyday this isn't the job you do the same thing every day all day long there is no change and you sit all day long do not move.
Pros
good pay, close to may food places
Cons
sitting all day, very repetitive
Senior Fielding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 13, 2014
In-processing soldiers
issue equipment to soldiers
fitting soldiers for equipment
training soldiers on equipment
out processing soldiers

I learned how to deal and talk to soldiers among other people

Hardest thing was to work long extensive hours

Most enjoyable part was dealing with soldiers and people by helping them with problems
Pros
great pay

2.9