NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Call center
payments/customer service (Former Employee), Vestal, NYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: can get large amount of hours/pay if you want or need to
Cons: very strict work environment, constant belittling by customers, very unrewarding
Was a mediocre work environment. Very strict rules about time spent on phones and handling accounts. Fulfilling a customer service role over the phone. Very unrewarding job and can lead to depression as mistreatment from customers is met with equal abuse from management. Tried to take a vacation at one point only to be met by my manager upon returning to "make up for time missed" regardless of having used only PTO and not just a leave of absence. You are occasionally rewarded for doing a good job, but severely punished for even the slightest of errors or altering your "script" for calls.
i dont have one
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 29, 2013
honestly due to the poor managed company, i dont have anything positive to add. They were only instrumental in helping me pay my bills.
Overall, the job itself is good. I really enjoy this kind of work. Company treatment of employees not so good. Also pay is too low.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Endicott, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: good physical locaton and physical work environment
Cons: poor healthcare packages, poor management attitudes and behaviors.
Management tends to spend inordinate time creating rules and pointing out mistakes. Very little positive feedback on job performance. Supervisors become annoyed when employees need help and have a generally angry demeanor.

I love my coworkers and have mostly positive interactions with them.

Dealing with attitudes of management

Helping the customers and interacting with trainers from the company that hired NCI.
Large Network Enterprise
Help Desk/Network Monitor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 22, 2013
Pros: large network center
A typical day consist of network monitoring. A help desk environment involving troubleshooting software and hardware.
ok place to work most of fellow worker are good people. pay rate is not enough. more pay raise would be better.
custo (Current Employee), Vestal, NYOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: nasty customers
the hardes part of the job is listing to nasty people woh would like to get energy service when the owe big bills
I enjoyed to do the work with computer. I work very hard and done the job on time with assingment .
Scanner Operator (Former Employee), Crystal City, VASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch. and federal holiday etc.
Cons: every two hour break, and heath care etc.
Prepare document and QA or QC also scan document meet quality
control. Get along with supervisor and co-workers. The hardest part
of the job to be done and quality on time. The most enjoyable part
of the job high quality produce on the job.
Productivity
Senior Analyst/ Logistics Management Specialist (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: working for the military
This by far one of the most rewarding job's I have had thus far in my life time. This job was at time very challanging but in the same breath the most rewarding. Challanging due to dealing with high ranking official's, to vendors,etc. But the rewarding part of being able to help with the well being of the Solider is something priceless. I have never meet a group of people that no matter the rank would push their sleeves up and work as a group to get the job done. We were there for one reason and that was at the end of the day the safelty of the Military.
What I learned from that position was that each and everyone of us work hard to do the best in our job...but what the military does goes above and beyond the job description.
Great company with positive atmosphere
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILAugust 19, 2013
Pros: best management around
Cons: poor benifits package
Great place to work with all involved. New tasks were always fun to complete. The rewards were tangible and always appropriate.
IT Support
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Bragg, NCAugust 15, 2013
Trouble shot various system and network issues with customers and escalated as necessary. Worked tier 1 tickets.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Port Hueneme, CAJuly 29, 2013
Company is small but good people and smart management. Both teams played hard.
Good pay and benefits
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McCoy, WIJuly 23, 2013
Maintain inventory accountability, receive and issue equipment using forklifts and pallet jacks.
Hard work and no pay
Accounting (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 19, 2013
Pros: flexibility, no micromanagement
Cons: pay
- great co workers over all
- management is ok but could do better in the communication department
- everyone whispers about what goes on and then smiles at you
- hard work but not fairly compensated at the staff level
- hardest part of the job: communication
- enjoyable part of the job: co workers
- benefits are okay but not the best

dont expect much of anything free. dont expect exciting bonuses in the current economic conditions.
Excellent job skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great hours
Handle customers problems with their cell phone bills. I loved the job because you can really take the time and help someone in need. Management was ok needed improvement.
Work employees are friendly
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, Az.July 11, 2013
Pros: not too many.
Cons: paychecks are always nice, but they were not very much and it you had a problem with your timecard, it took an act of congress to get it straightened out.
Had to watch your back all the time because of the customer. you needed to stay active every minute of the day, which was fine when there was work to be done. When a project was finished, you had better be doing something or the "customer" would turn you in for not doing your job or wasting time. The management would not back you up on much of anything if you tried to defend your actions. Their feelings were, "the customer is ALWAYS right".
I've worked at better places before.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 8, 2013
Upper level management is not up front. Things take forever to get done. Working at NCI would be so much better if management actually acted as if they cared about their employees.
Good Company but bad management.
Welding and Painting Lead Man (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours, no set schedule, inconsiderate management, low wages
Its a good company with great benefits but the management that they currently have at the Houston plant is hurting the company. There is no balance between work and your personal life, they do not care about you or your family because they expect you to work every day of the week 12+ hours and when you ask for some time off they get upset. They have to realize that the people in the shops are the ones making the money and they should be a little more considerate of their personal lifes.
Relaxed and fun place to work stress free.
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJune 28, 2013
Pros: endless opportunity
Cons: contract work which is not always permanent
A good and fair place to work with endless opportunities that you can take advantage of.
Highly skilled work environment where learning was required at all times
Senior Engineer / Wideband Technician (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJune 22, 2013
No day at NCI was the same. I was contracted to do many different jobs while employed at NCI. My first job while employed was to train government officials on a new trouble ticket system. My second job was to supervise the construction of a satellite system in Fort Bragg, NC and perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance for the Government Representatives. My final job was to design and implement Data Centers and satellite centers in Guam, Camp Roberts, CA, Fort Bragg, NC, Germany and FT Meade, VA
Good Company
Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee), Peterson AFB, COJune 7, 2013
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: comradarie
I did not directly work for NCI, I worked under them for another company. I learned a lot about computers and networks. I used my military experience in logistics to complete my daily tasks.
Office politics
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMay 26, 2013
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: office politics, no communication, boys club
Nowhere to move up endless you are part of the boys club. Office politics and backstabbing from management down. Kept on the road with no communication. Promises to the troops not kept. Thet will say anything to get you to do the project and then put you on LWOP. Went on it four times in two years. Not ethical. I now work for SAIC who treat me much better.

May 30, 2013

While NCi is a great company to work for I would well advise anyone pursuing a career as a contractor for the US Army. The political rife right now makes any Army post a terrible place to work as far as quality of life as an employee. The Army has a unique culture of backstabbing contractors at every turn and your employment can be terminated at the drop of a hat if you suddenly run afoul to some uneducated army officer. Be advised don't work on any Army Contract it's bad news and since contracts turn over every year there is absolutely no job security with the Army!

About NCI Information Systems

NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services – Read more