NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive office setting with room for growth.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Dunn Loring, VAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: room for growth.
Cons: nothing to report at this time
Enjoyable opportunities to meet various foreign nationals.
Professional working environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: upward mobility
Good Company to work for, promotiability, lasting friendships, I learned to never burn bridges, a fast paced day, full of opportunities to learn
The company was exceptional until a management/ownership change took place.
Bundling Operator (Current Employee), Elizabethton, TNJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: overtime hours available
Cons: it would be an advantage to have notice of projected hours.
I enjoyed my job at this company for several years. Now that management/ownership has changed I find that the environment, policies and work ethic of the company is less than desirable now. I report to work at four am every morning. I do not know each day what the schedule may hold, some days we work eight hours , some days we work sixteen hours.The – more... job I am on now is very repetitive in some aspects; I am responsible for packing out specific parts to "package" steel buildings for shipping. I select the parts use a fork lift to move them, strap them to pallets, load them on a trailer and use a yard truck to move the trailer to the shipping yard. I use a hand held scanner to scan out parts for the order and a computer to check status and download completed work orders for shipping. I have several good friends at the company, people that I have worked with for years and I value their friendships. It is very hard to see them with such low morale mostly for the same reasons I have stated. The job is very physically demanding the hardest mental task is keeping up with the job and bundle numbers as they are not all assembled and sent at the same time. The camaraderie I have with some of my co-workers is my favorite part of the social aspect of the job. I enjoy being able to move around doing this job. I also like the extra hours we get during some seasons. I have three children and a wife and I am always appreciative of being able to make more money. – less
Good managers
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee), Kevil, KYDecember 15, 2012
Pros: good managers
Great Managers
I was free to do whatever what was required.

My boss was at Oak Ridge and he trusted my judgment.
Productive friendly work environment
Project Manager / Estimator (Former Employee), Sharonville, OHDecember 7, 2012
Enjoyable yet challenging work in the pre-construction metal building industry. Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships/ associations formed with the contractors/builders.
Good Place to Work
Logistics Technician (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 17, 2012
Pros: great people to work with
Was a very good place to work, I was on a travel team that traveled around the country. Had a great support staff, management was always responsive to you.

Only drawback was the amount of travel that was done, but was always put up at the best places and always taken care of if there were ever any problems.

Worked with a great bunch of guys, unfortunately – more... contract was lost to another company. – less
Enjoyed teaching skills.
Caregiver/ Independant Living Skills Trainer (Former Employee), Paso Robles, CANovember 1, 2012
Pros: great life group for me personally
Cons: low pay
Clientle told me more appreciation for those facing greater life challenges then me, I loved imparting knowlwdge
They like to Mislead what they are doing.
Warehouseman (Current Employee), Middle RiverOctober 26, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: job security middle river is relocating to mi
Good job but their management team is very weak with the majority of the workforce having no respect for the management team.
Many of the employees pretty much do what they want.
Great place to work...
Network Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILOctober 24, 2012
Founded in 1989, NCI is a leading provider of technological services and solutions to the U.S. Federal Government. Hallmarks of NCI include the relationships we keep with our customers and our extensive knowledge of their missions. We firmly believe that our success is a direct result of our unwavering commitment to total customer satisfaction. We take – more... great pride in delivering on our promises to customers, employees, and stockholders—and our top priority remains building relationships based on trust, integrity, and performance. – less
Good opportunities
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Port Hueneme, CAOctober 15, 2012
Contract work for the government provides opportunities around the country.
Fast paced and productive atmosphere
Logistics Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 14, 2012
Pros: cookout and holiday parties
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work is very fast paced envirnment. There are deadlines that need to met and on occassion we were given very short notice to meet those deadlines. We never failed to do so. I learned alot of different skills in this environment. I learned to mulitask and work quickly and sufficiently. I also learned more and more about the various software – more... I used as well as the positions I held.
My coworkers are all very hard workers and we all worked together towards our main objective and that was to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job was worrying if we would be able to get it all done,. but we never failed in that. Which leads to the most enjoyable part of the job, and that was knowing we did succeed and the feeling of accomplishment. – less
Rewarding job, doing what's right for our military.
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee), Middle River, MDOctober 11, 2012
We address soliders (with equipment) getting ready to deploy to defend this great country, My main job is the make sure we stay within the guide lines (standard SOP) provided by the US Army.
Excellent and productive working atmosphere
Special Volunteer (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 1, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: commute from germantown to bethesda
Great laboratory atmosphere, like my lab colleagues as well as the administrative section. Most importantly, working at NCI, NIH can meet and develop network in your field.
Great company
Network/Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Lackland AFB, TXSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Great company to work for. I'm working with a great team at Lackland AFB.
Demanding and Challenging
New Equipment Trainer (Current Employee), Hopewell, VASeptember 26, 2012
Constantly certifying on new systems as the US Military implements and fields them.
Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vestal, NYSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: health insurance, short travel distance less gas
Cons: having to shut-off services to people
An eight hour day forty hour week with challenges ever changing. I enjoyed being able to help others as I would want to be treated. I would help keep service on but at times would have to implement shut-off of electric service which was both required but difficult. I learned a different type of compassion for others which still is used in my everyday.
Productive and challenging place to grow and develop in the area of cyber!
Network Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: free keurig coffee
I review processes and projects that affect the AF NetOps. I'm exposed to many AF Net programs that are deployed by CITS. My co-workers are geographically separated throughout the globe. The dynamic nature of our tasks is the hardest yet enjoyable part of the job. Management is very supportive regarding professional development.
The job allowed me to aquire more experience in my field of work
General Working Foreman (Former Employee), WISeptember 20, 2012
Pros: free medical insurance
Cons: back stabbing
We would meet at a certain place in the morning have a brief discussion of the days work, fuel up trucks if needed, check if job required any special tools or machinery and head out. Day would end at meeting spot. I worked well with my co-workers, had some minor disagreements with 1 person in management. Overall,I was working for a company that gave – more... me the opportunity to gain more experience in the field of work I love to do. – less
High Produce and Jobs done on-time.
Scanner Operator (Former Employee), Crystal City, VASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: free lunch, ect.
Cons: short break and free health care, ect.
Scan document a day at work. And willing to learn a lot of new
techrology from company. Good deal with management. and work
well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is get deadline
and no misstake.The most enjoyable part of the job to Scan
document and finnish the jobs.
Nice,clean, friendly enviornment
Credit and Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Vestal, NYSeptember 3, 2012
I loved working there it was a fun, friendly atmosphere...the managers were all very down to earth, helpful and understanding...They had fun BBQ's and events to reward your teams and always remembered to celebrate and acknowledge you Birthdays...a definite all around good experience for me.

About NCI Information Systems

NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services – Read more

NCI Information Systems Photos