NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Work Place
COP Manager/ SystemAnalyst (Current Employee), Ft. BraggFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: fun to work.
Cons: no leadership
Good until we got a different manager. Then it went down hill quickly because of a manager that could not lead.
Very rewarding company to work for
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: i loved my job
Cons: there were mergers causing downsizing/position eliminations
There was plenty of room for growth and the job was challenging as well as rewarding.
NCI
Information Assurance Engineer III (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Good company to work for. I am currently work at a customer site and don't get to work with the company personnel as much as others might, but I have not had any issues with NCI or its subcontractors.
productive and friendly team atmosphere
Help Desk Specialist and Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Bedford, MAJanuary 25, 2014
Fantastic management, opportunites for learning and growth
Poor Local Management Team
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Ft. Huachuca, AZJanuary 11, 2014
Cons: poor work environment & leadership
If you live in Sierra Vista, NCI is NOT the place you want to go to for a job. Local management is unethical, biased, unsupportive, and tends to pick its 'favorites' out of a group of hard-working employees. Long, long hours at work result in little time spent with your family - local management even expects one to work on weekends and holidays. Many – more... people were laid off a little over two years ago, and some were even black-balled in the contractor community by the local, current management team. Go to work for NCI and be ready to suck up to unscrupulous, ugly program managers who require you work yourself to the bone. – less
Not Bad
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: minor perks/incentives, decent medical, quick to provide re-imbursments and resources needed to do job
Cons: ambiguous management chain
Decent company: not bad, but also nothing too great either. NCI has some benefits/perks typical of a large business, yet is able to rapidly make things happen and has the agility of a smaller business.

As many of NCI's positions are contract work, the typical day at work and coworkers greatly varies, as few people we work with and among are fellow – more... NCI employees. – less
Loved it
BTS Operations Manager (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GaJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great pay, great leadership
Cons: no job security. lost position while being deployed.
Great company that loved ideas and loved it's employees. This is a large company that wasn't afraid of change to better suit the customer, and the customer being the government.
Call center
payments/customer service (Former Employee), Vestal, NYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: can get large amount of hours/pay if you want or need to
Cons: very strict work environment, constant belittling by customers, very unrewarding
Was a mediocre work environment. Very strict rules about time spent on phones and handling accounts. Fulfilling a customer service role over the phone. Very unrewarding job and can lead to depression as mistreatment from customers is met with equal abuse from management. Tried to take a vacation at one point only to be met by my manager upon returning – more... to "make up for time missed" regardless of having used only PTO and not just a leave of absence. You are occasionally rewarded for doing a good job, but severely punished for even the slightest of errors or altering your "script" for calls. – less
i dont have one
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 29, 2013
honestly due to the poor managed company, i dont have anything positive to add. They were only instrumental in helping me pay my bills.
Overall, the job itself is good. I really enjoy this kind of work. Company treatment of employees not so good. Also pay is too low.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Endicott, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: good physical locaton and physical work environment
Cons: poor healthcare packages, poor management attitudes and behaviors.
Management tends to spend inordinate time creating rules and pointing out mistakes. Very little positive feedback on job performance. Supervisors become annoyed when employees need help and have a generally angry demeanor.

I love my coworkers and have mostly positive interactions with them.

Dealing with attitudes of management

Helping the customers – more... and interacting with trainers from the company that hired NCI. – less
Large Network Enterprise
Help Desk/Network Monitor (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 22, 2013
Pros: large network center
A typical day consist of network monitoring. A help desk environment involving troubleshooting software and hardware.
ok place to work most of fellow worker are good people. pay rate is not enough. more pay raise would be better.
custo (Current Employee), Vestal, NYOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: nasty customers
the hardes part of the job is listing to nasty people woh would like to get energy service when the owe big bills
I enjoyed to do the work with computer. I work very hard and done the job on time with assingment .
Scanner Operator (Former Employee), Crystal City, VASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch. and federal holiday etc.
Cons: every two hour break, and heath care etc.
Prepare document and QA or QC also scan document meet quality
control. Get along with supervisor and co-workers. The hardest part
of the job to be done and quality on time. The most enjoyable part
of the job high quality produce on the job.
Productivity
Senior Analyst/ Logistics Management Specialist (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: working for the military
This by far one of the most rewarding job's I have had thus far in my life time. This job was at time very challanging but in the same breath the most rewarding. Challanging due to dealing with high ranking official's, to vendors,etc. But the rewarding part of being able to help with the well being of the Solider is something priceless. I have never – more... meet a group of people that no matter the rank would push their sleeves up and work as a group to get the job done. We were there for one reason and that was at the end of the day the safelty of the Military.
What I learned from that position was that each and everyone of us work hard to do the best in our job...but what the military does goes above and beyond the job description. – less
Great company with positive atmosphere
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Scott AFB, ILAugust 19, 2013
Pros: best management around
Cons: poor benifits package
Great place to work with all involved. New tasks were always fun to complete. The rewards were tangible and always appropriate.
IT Support
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Ft. Bragg, NCAugust 15, 2013
Trouble shot various system and network issues with customers and escalated as necessary. Worked tier 1 tickets.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Port Hueneme, CAJuly 29, 2013
Company is small but good people and smart management. Both teams played hard.
Good pay and benefits
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McCoy, WIJuly 23, 2013
Maintain inventory accountability, receive and issue equipment using forklifts and pallet jacks.
Hard work and no pay
Accounting (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 19, 2013
Pros: flexibility, no micromanagement
Cons: pay
- great co workers over all
- management is ok but could do better in the communication department
- everyone whispers about what goes on and then smiles at you
- hard work but not fairly compensated at the staff level
- hardest part of the job: communication
- enjoyable part of the job: co workers
- benefits are okay but not the best

dont expect much – more... of anything free. dont expect exciting bonuses in the current economic conditions. – less
Excellent job skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great hours
Handle customers problems with their cell phone bills. I loved the job because you can really take the time and help someone in need. Management was ok needed improvement.

About NCI Information Systems

NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services – Read more