NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place overall.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), AfghanistanJune 19, 2014
It was a great opportunity to work overseas. Good coworkers and a good work environment.
No professional advancement
Sr. Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 5, 2014
Pros: have your own office
Cons: no job advancement
Not much diversity and no professional advancement. It's just a job.
Dis-Like
(AGM) Help Desk Tier II (Former Employee), Sierra VistaJune 4, 2014
Although I worked for NCINC the past 6 years, I Dis-like NCI Information Systems, they are two faced and not loyal to veterans who they employee.

Not only had they laid me off in 2012 as one many retired veteran's ; three months later they stuck me on help desk where I am hearing impaired with service contacted disabilities not to mention I finished my degree over others.

Since being hired I complained, but did my job best I could 2008 - 2013 as noted in all my performance reviews which were positive. I won't know about this one because I was asked to leave, with no documentation in my file.

Because of my termination which was not warranted I will pursue to fix my good name, by talking to Disabled American Veterans Association.
Solid company, but not enough growth potential.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZMay 31, 2014
Limited in growth potential. Somewhat typical of a defense contractor and co-worker/manager knowledge varies greatly.

Most with greater abilities often leave the company, or try to.
Financial issues
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2014
Pros: there are some nice people within the organization.
Cons: financial issues, management lies. try to pay you hourly even though your salary, . try to make you use your pto or go leave without pay without telling you ahead of time, cannot win any contracts, boys club.
Be very careful of all the positive reviews, they are coming from corporate who watch this. the company is having major financial problems they can't win any contracts. The ssolution always for them is so let's hire another very senior VP and forget about everyone else doing the work. even though your salary employee what they want you to do is it works a little slow on your contract is to go with PTO and if not available to leave without pay and you do not know until you show up for work that day. they hire new program managers who do not know how to be an administrator whatsoever the rank of our don't like them. is a complete boys club.
N/A
Managed Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Ft. Huachuca AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Very good job fast paced. Always learning on the job. So you have to keep up with current technology. So you do not fall behind.
I love NCI
Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 27, 2014
Great management, great benifits. Unfortunatley with some contracts you have to move on in order to move up in "rank", but this company offers potential and actively searchs within their ranks for people who may be a good fit in a new upcoming position. I know people who have been with the company for 7 years so that says alot.
Hard work, very good knowledge.
Hospital Pharmacist (Current Employee), Cairo, GAApril 20, 2014
Dispensing medications to the last stage cancer patients.
I've got best knowledge about drugs used for that cancer patients e.g analgesics.
My work team were very helpful.
The hardest part of the job is satisfying patients and making them happy (N.B they are last stage patients)
Productive, fun, and a major learning experience.
Telecommunication Technician III (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZApril 1, 2014
I learn a lot at this company. They took care of me and gave me a shot in the civilian world. They helped me grow as a man and as a telecommunication technician. I learned so much. I traveled all over the world with them. I would love to go back to the company.
Fast Paced
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, txMarch 18, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: too much work for a single person to handle at one time
We had a certain time table between when the product is made and when it needs to be shipped.
We would get revisions from the customer to make necessary changes to the product.
Fun
Crane operator (Former Employee), Monticello, IAMarch 17, 2014
Find the bundle that the job needed to be put on the trailer and send it out to the outside shippers.
Great Job!
Principal Information Specialist (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 26, 2014
My contract ran out of money so my position was cut. It was unfortunate because I really enjoyed the job.
Lots of resources and autonomy
Sales (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: little supervision. good benefits healthcare, etc. allowed to have lunch at my desk.
Cons: one hour and fifteen commute to work, eachday.
On the phones by nine, co-workers that help each other, when needed. Management there as a resource and coaching, when needed, I learn daily through experience and reading sales books. The hardest part of my job is prospecting, but I'm good at it. My paycheck and a sense of accomplishment are the fun parts of my job.
Fun Work Place
COP Manager/ SystemAnalyst (Current Employee), Ft. BraggFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: fun to work.
Cons: no leadership
Good until we got a different manager. Then it went down hill quickly because of a manager that could not lead.
Very rewarding company to work for
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: i loved my job
Cons: there were mergers causing downsizing/position eliminations
There was plenty of room for growth and the job was challenging as well as rewarding.
NCI
Information Assurance Engineer III (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Good company to work for. I am currently work at a customer site and don't get to work with the company personnel as much as others might, but I have not had any issues with NCI or its subcontractors.
productive and friendly team atmosphere
Help Desk Specialist and Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Bedford, MAJanuary 25, 2014
Fantastic management, opportunites for learning and growth
Poor Local Management Team
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Ft. Huachuca, AZJanuary 11, 2014
Cons: poor work environment & leadership
If you live in Sierra Vista, NCI is NOT the place you want to go to for a job. Local management is unethical, biased, unsupportive, and tends to pick its 'favorites' out of a group of hard-working employees. Long, long hours at work result in little time spent with your family - local management even expects one to work on weekends and holidays. Many people were laid off a little over two years ago, and some were even black-balled in the contractor community by the local, current management team. Go to work for NCI and be ready to suck up to unscrupulous, ugly program managers who require you work yourself to the bone.
Not Bad
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: minor perks/incentives, decent medical, quick to provide re-imbursments and resources needed to do job
Cons: ambiguous management chain
Decent company: not bad, but also nothing too great either. NCI has some benefits/perks typical of a large business, yet is able to rapidly make things happen and has the agility of a smaller business.

As many of NCI's positions are contract work, the typical day at work and coworkers greatly varies, as few people we work with and among are fellow NCI employees.
Loved it
BTS Operations Manager (Former Employee), Robins AFB, GaJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great pay, great leadership
Cons: no job security. lost position while being deployed.
Great company that loved ideas and loved it's employees. This is a large company that wasn't afraid of change to better suit the customer, and the customer being the government.

About NCI Information Systems

NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services – Read more