NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

It is an alright company to work for.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 22, 2015
They make efforts to be a reasonably nice company in which to work. Probably considered a medium sized company with people working across the United States and some over seas. They have a couple of main social events, and several smaller ones throughout the year. Most of their social events tend to focus around the head quarters in Reston, VA. Their benefits fall in line with other companies their size.
Great bunch of guys to work with
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 12, 2015
It is a good company to work for, has great benefits and great environment. The job supervisors are wonderful people. There is not much room to move up in the company once you get to a certain point.
Productive work environment
Lead Heavy Duty Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 26, 2016
My day at work was loading insulated metal panels on flatbed trucks. Consolidating merchandise.

Learned how to work new forklifts.

Management was less than desirable.

Worked well with others.

Weather conditions were difficult to work in.

Operating the forklifts and interacting with others.
Pros
Great hours and new knowledge of machinery
Cons
Weather conditions when the seasons changed.
Challenging Sales Position
Sales Rep/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 27, 2015
Marketing Kirby Systems to clients directly door to door or by appointment. Minimal Management interference. Long hours with little time off for far too little pay.
Pros
Free Kirby Supplies
Cons
No Benefits
Temp job with random job placements
Advertisement lead - In charge of coming (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
Working at NCI was a knowledgeable experience. Managers were never to be found and everyone was lacking training. I was put into the advertising group with no one there having any idea what to do. I effectively took over as team lead and reflected on our projects mission.
NEC Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 25, 2015
I loved working there. Everyone worked together and helped one another. Sadly the contract was awarded to them as lowest bidder this time. This resulted in my position being terminated. I would still work there if I could. I will be applying for other positions with them.
Pros
full benefits, team works together, promotes self improvement
Cons
Contract work is unstable
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 6, 2016
Great place to work! While you there you can forget about everything and concentrate on your research! Great school, compensations, job culture. This is America's true research place!
Pros
Health insurance, great job culture, compensations
Cons
no 401k
Overall, nice professional place to work at.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYJuly 13, 2016
A great place to work and obtain skill to further your career either with the company or outside. Set schedules, full time as well as benefits. Management also work really well with their employees in a stable environment
One of the best organizations I have worked for.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 12, 2015
I really enjoyed my time employed at NCI, this company took very good care of its employees. One of the best jobs, I have ever had.
Pros
Travel, employees, employer, salary, work.
Cons
Contract job, I hated to see this job end.
Avoid at all Cost
Information Technology (IT) Support (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYDecember 26, 2014
Even by DoD contractor standards, this is about as bad as it gets. Pay bands are among the worst in the industry, along with abysmal benefits, health care, 401K, and absolutely ZERO training dollars. Train yourself at your own expense, or be dumped on the curb.

The management culture was the worst I've ever worked at- the Program Manager had very little (to no) management experience before getting the PM job, and treated everyone as sub-human, almost "factory" workers (keep in mind this was an IT shop). She would verbally yell and abuse employees in the "pit", where all the IT staff worked, where everyone could see and hear her. She mocked them, used derogatory and threatening language, and nobody in management would believe the warnings about her abusive behavior.

Avoid at all costs - it's a death trap, and a career trap. Some of the team leads were absolutely psycho, although I heard they were "re-assigned" from lead roles after I left (they should have been fired, based on their attitudes, turf-protecting attitudes, abuse and general incompetence).
Pros
paycheck every two weeks
Cons
everything
Had great benefits with NCI
CNC machinist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 29, 2016
Learned to run a wide variety of machines and controls. The co-workers were a fun bunch of people. My favorite machine was a 5 axes machine.
Pros
People
Cons
12 hour days
Great people to work for. Enjoyed going to work there
Electronic Order Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield VANovember 25, 2015
Performed Customer Service tasks for PEO Soldier warehouses and 40 Central Issue Facilities (CIF). Managed E-Order database for 171 E-Order web user accounts. Review and monitor approximately 11,000 orders submitted annually to include their shortage items to ensure timely delivery using Management Software. Ensued all orders placed were in accordance with Army regulations. Approved or disapproved the placement of the order and contacted the appropriate persons concerning all order discrepancies.
Established new E-Order operations and provide software training at CIFs worldwide. Conducted annual certification training at over 20 locations on new Army equipment. Resolve problems and make the appropriate decisions to prevent interruption of services to customers.
Pros
Great team and management
Cons
Contract work
Financial issues
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2014
Be very careful of all the positive reviews, they are coming from corporate who watch this. the company is having major financial problems they can't win any contracts. The ssolution always for them is so let's hire another very senior VP and forget about everyone else doing the work. even though your salary employee what they want you to do is it works a little slow on your contract is to go with PTO and if not available to leave without pay and you do not know until you show up for work that day. they hire new program managers who do not know how to be an administrator whatsoever the rank of our don't like them. is a complete boys club.
Pros
there are some nice people within the organization.
Cons
financial issues, management lies. try to pay you hourly even though your salary, . try to make you use your pto or go leave without pay without telling you ahead of time, cannot win any contracts, boys club.
Good Company but bad management.
Welding and Painting Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2013
Its a good company with great benefits but the management that they currently have at the Houston plant is hurting the company. There is no balance between work and your personal life, they do not care about you or your family because they expect you to work every day of the week 12+ hours and when you ask for some time off they get upset. They have to realize that the people in the shops are the ones making the money and they should be a little more considerate of their personal lifes.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours, no set schedule, inconsiderate management, low wages
relaxed and a very calm job
Customer representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYApril 8, 2016
I would come in and set up my computer, I would logon and start taking calls immediately. the hardest part I would say there was never a really hard part. the most enjoyable part would be when a customer gave you good compliments on helping them out.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
very strict
Intune with workers.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMarch 2, 2016
Workers are the key with this company and it shows. Workers are continuously rewarded for their work. The company attempts to help the worker transition to a new position, if contract is lost, if at all possible.
Pros
worker orriented company.
Cons
As things go in the contractor world, this company cannot allways be there.
Fast paced and productive atmosphere
Logistics Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 14, 2012
A typical day at work is very fast paced envirnment. There are deadlines that need to met and on occassion we were given very short notice to meet those deadlines. We never failed to do so. I learned alot of different skills in this environment. I learned to mulitask and work quickly and sufficiently. I also learned more and more about the various software I used as well as the positions I held.
My coworkers are all very hard workers and we all worked together towards our main objective and that was to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job was worrying if we would be able to get it all done,. but we never failed in that. Which leads to the most enjoyable part of the job, and that was knowing we did succeed and the feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
cookout and holiday parties
benefits
Working for NCI Information Systems was a good experience. Management cares about their employees, and they pay a fair wage.
Principal Graphics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 4, 2015
Managers listen to their employees, and respond to employee input. They pay a fair wage, and encourage their employees to acquire ongoing training and development. They paid for the training. I had a very good experience working for them.
Pros
Management listened to their employees; and respected their input.
Cons
There were no cons in my experience with them.
Customer Oriented Company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMay 10, 2015
Excellent company to work for.Compensation and Benefits are top notch. Places employee and customer service first. Job culture allows interaction with customers and gives you the ability to resolve customer issues.
Pros
Employee Oriented
Excellent Company
Security Analyst - 1 (Current Employee) –  Ft. Shafter, HIApril 11, 2016
NCI Inc. currently holds the contract to this position.
Workday consist of eight hours.
Management is accommodating and open.
I have been doing this job over four years.