NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

It was a great temporary job for me
Collections and Accounting Temporary position (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN2 October 2016
It was a nice place to work. I was able to learn a new data base system, and met some nice people. The Controller was especially impressed with my work and the President invited me to stay when my temp time was up. I was covering a maternity leave. I later went back for a week to help out. I didn't accept the position offered as I was concerned that I would get bored quickly and not be challenged.
Pros
out early on Friday's during the summer
Productive work environment
Lead Heavy Duty Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX26 September 2016
My day at work was loading insulated metal panels on flatbed trucks. Consolidating merchandise.

Learned how to work new forklifts.

Management was less than desirable.

Worked well with others.

Weather conditions were difficult to work in.

Operating the forklifts and interacting with others.
Pros
Great hours and new knowledge of machinery
Cons
Weather conditions when the seasons changed.
Temp job with random job placements
Advertisement lead - In charge of coming (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX24 August 2016
Working at NCI was a knowledgeable experience. Managers were never to be found and everyone was lacking training. I was put into the advertising group with no one there having any idea what to do. I effectively took over as team lead and reflected on our projects mission.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD6 August 2016
Great place to work! While you there you can forget about everything and concentrate on your research! Great school, compensations, job culture. This is America's true research place!
Pros
Health insurance, great job culture, compensations
Cons
no 401k
Overall, nice professional place to work at.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NY13 July 2016
A great place to work and obtain skill to further your career either with the company or outside. Set schedules, full time as well as benefits. Management also work really well with their employees in a stable environment
Energetic Workplace
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX13 October 2016
The schools provided me with a life of lessons, enjoyment, and growth. It gave a sense of guidance, wealth of knowledge and resources to be a better teacher.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Training
HR and Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IL5 December 2016
NCI is the employer I learned most of my skills for my future in the administrative field. I have wonderful managers to provide the help I needed. A wonderful place to work.
Installer
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK29 October 2016
Gear place to work. Great boss hard working consistent work new commercial. Jobs reliable everywhere. Travel everywhere good ppl drug free
Pros
45 min lunch 2 breaks
Cons
Breaks big jobs
Had great benefits with NCI
CNC machinist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC29 July 2016
Learned to run a wide variety of machines and controls. The co-workers were a fun bunch of people. My favorite machine was a 5 axes machine.
Pros
People
Cons
12 hour days
relaxed and a very calm job
Customer representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NY8 April 2016
I would come in and set up my computer, I would logon and start taking calls immediately. the hardest part I would say there was never a really hard part. the most enjoyable part would be when a customer gave you good compliments on helping them out.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
very strict
Intune with workers.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IL2 March 2016
Workers are the key with this company and it shows. Workers are continuously rewarded for their work. The company attempts to help the worker transition to a new position, if contract is lost, if at all possible.
Pros
worker orriented company.
Cons
As things go in the contractor world, this company cannot allways be there.
Excellent Company
Security Analyst - 1 (Current Employee) –  Ft. Shafter, HI11 April 2016
NCI Inc. currently holds the contract to this position.
Workday consist of eight hours.
Management is accommodating and open.
I have been doing this job over four years.
Working for NCI Information Systems was a good experience. Management cares about their employees, and they pay a fair wage.
Principal Graphics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TN4 December 2015
Managers listen to their employees, and respond to employee input. They pay a fair wage, and encourage their employees to acquire ongoing training and development. They paid for the training. I had a very good experience working for them.
Pros
Management listened to their employees; and respected their input.
Cons
There were no cons in my experience with them.
It is an alright company to work for.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA22 November 2015
They make efforts to be a reasonably nice company in which to work. Probably considered a medium sized company with people working across the United States and some over seas. They have a couple of main social events, and several smaller ones throughout the year. Most of their social events tend to focus around the head quarters in Reston, VA. Their benefits fall in line with other companies their size.
Great company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WA13 February 2016
Love that they were always making sure that we at a group was ok. The Vice President of the company always made it a point to make sure that if we needed anything that he was a phone call away.
stressful job but fun people
Phone Representative (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NY11 February 2016
best part of the job was helping so many people, to have them go from angry to happy was a great feeling. My co workers were a fun group of people.
Pros
helping people
Cons
health care
Great people to work for. Enjoyed going to work there
Electronic Order Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield VA25 November 2015
Performed Customer Service tasks for PEO Soldier warehouses and 40 Central Issue Facilities (CIF). Managed E-Order database for 171 E-Order web user accounts. Review and monitor approximately 11,000 orders submitted annually to include their shortage items to ensure timely delivery using Management Software. Ensued all orders placed were in accordance with Army regulations. Approved or disapproved the placement of the order and contacted the appropriate persons concerning all order discrepancies.
Established new E-Order operations and provide software training at CIFs worldwide. Conducted annual certification training at over 20 locations on new Army equipment. Resolve problems and make the appropriate decisions to prevent interruption of services to customers.
Pros
Great team and management
Cons
Contract work
come in and operate a break press.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, AL13 November 2015
It was doing the same thing everyday come in and operate a break press.
How to operate a die press.
Management was good.
Co-workers were great.
Just making sure everything consistly ran smooth.
Seeing all the people I worked with.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
boring job
Just another Defense contracting body shop
Senior Techy anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX4 September 2015
They do not look for another contract for you to work at the end of contract as is usually promised but never delivered.

Basically you are project based, and shown the door when they lose the contract. Typical of most defense contractors today.
Just a temporary job, not a career.
Pros
Cons
temp work
Great bunch of guys to work with
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS12 November 2015
It is a good company to work for, has great benefits and great environment. The job supervisors are wonderful people. There is not much room to move up in the company once you get to a certain point.