NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting work environment with opportunities for significant input
Acquisition Specialist & Program Management (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 22, 2014
- Worked the Federal Budget Process
- Engaged with senior National Leadership
- Direct access to Defense decision makers
Interaction with a wide range of people
New Equipment Instructor (Former Employee), Prince George, VAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: traveling to new places
Cons: this job was under a government contract
My work day would start at 8:00am daily. I would log onto my government laptop and check any emails received while I was logged off. This would include policy changes and any new assignments for travel. The job required 75% travel all over the U.S and overseas.
If in the office, class would begin at 9 o'clock and we would go over equipment to be trained – more... on upcoming missions or new equipment. When traveling. we would instruct military personnel on equipment related to soldier protection.
My co-workers were exciting to work with. Since 34 out of 36 instructors were retired military, the workday was always exciting and filled with challenges. The hardest part was long stays away from home and the most enjoyable part was giving soldiers the necessary training to survive in combat. – less
Senior Fielding Analyst (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
In-processing soldiers
issue equipment to soldiers
fitting soldiers for equipment
training soldiers on equipment
out processing soldiers

I learned how to deal and talk to soldiers among other people

Hardest thing was to work long extensive hours

Most enjoyable part was dealing with soldiers and people by helping them with problems
Great team to work with
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Reston VAJuly 2, 2014
• Track and provide reports on Traceability metrics (RTM), testing activities including testing results, test case coverage, defect reporting and defect tracking to QA Manager and business owner.
• Log, analyze and report test results to development.
• Collaborate with developers to ensure all quality standards were implemented.
• Test software enhancements – more... and defect fixes for software releases, patches and requirement updates.
• Verify and validate that test results support the functional and nonfunctional requirements and are traceable to those requirements – less
Fast Paced
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Vestal, NYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: no time to interact with customers
A fast paced environment. You don't get a break in between calls. There is an average handle time, and you're unable to fully assist the customer in the best way possible. Employees are great to work with, there to help with other members.
Productive training the soldiers.
Logistics Technician II / New Equipment Trainer (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 20, 2014
Pros: pay was great and great travel, very good benefits
Cons: it is a contracting company so you can be released at a moments notices, so save your money while you work there.
Great co-workers, work environment was great. Supervisor respected all employees and looked after them.
Good place overall.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), AfghanistanJune 19, 2014
It was a great opportunity to work overseas. Good coworkers and a good work environment.
Dis-Like
(AGM) Help Desk Tier II (Former Employee), Sierra VistaJune 4, 2014
Although I worked for NCINC the past 6 years, I Dis-like NCI Information Systems, they are two faced and not loyal to veterans who they employee.

Not only had they laid me off in 2012 as one many retired veteran's ; three months later they stuck me on help desk where I am hearing impaired with service contacted disabilities not to mention I finished – more... my degree over others.

Since being hired I complained, but did my job best I could 2008 - 2013 as noted in all my performance reviews which were positive. I won't know about this one because I was asked to leave, with no documentation in my file.

Because of my termination which was not warranted I will pursue to fix my good name, by talking to Disabled American Veterans Association. – less
Solid company, but not enough growth potential.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZMay 31, 2014
Limited in growth potential. Somewhat typical of a defense contractor and co-worker/manager knowledge varies greatly.

Most with greater abilities often leave the company, or try to.
Financial issues
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2014
Pros: there are some nice people within the organization.
Cons: financial issues, management lies. try to pay you hourly even though your salary, . try to make you use your pto or go leave without pay without telling you ahead of time, cannot win any contracts, boys club.
Be very careful of all the positive reviews, they are coming from corporate who watch this. the company is having major financial problems they can't win any contracts. The ssolution always for them is so let's hire another very senior VP and forget about everyone else doing the work. even though your salary employee what they want you to do is it works – more... a little slow on your contract is to go with PTO and if not available to leave without pay and you do not know until you show up for work that day. they hire new program managers who do not know how to be an administrator whatsoever the rank of our don't like them. is a complete boys club. – less
N/A
Managed Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Ft. Huachuca AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Very good job fast paced. Always learning on the job. So you have to keep up with current technology. So you do not fall behind.
I love NCI
Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 27, 2014
Great management, great benifits. Unfortunatley with some contracts you have to move on in order to move up in "rank", but this company offers potential and actively searchs within their ranks for people who may be a good fit in a new upcoming position. I know people who have been with the company for 7 years so that says alot.
Hard work, very good knowledge.
Hospital Pharmacist (Current Employee), Cairo, GAApril 20, 2014
Dispensing medications to the last stage cancer patients.
I've got best knowledge about drugs used for that cancer patients e.g analgesics.
My work team were very helpful.
The hardest part of the job is satisfying patients and making them happy (N.B they are last stage patients)
Productive, fun, and a major learning experience.
Telecommunication Technician III (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZApril 1, 2014
I learn a lot at this company. They took care of me and gave me a shot in the civilian world. They helped me grow as a man and as a telecommunication technician. I learned so much. I traveled all over the world with them. I would love to go back to the company.
Fast Paced
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, txMarch 18, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: too much work for a single person to handle at one time
We had a certain time table between when the product is made and when it needs to be shipped.
We would get revisions from the customer to make necessary changes to the product.
Fun
Crane operator (Former Employee), Monticello, IAMarch 17, 2014
Find the bundle that the job needed to be put on the trailer and send it out to the outside shippers.
Great Job!
Principal Information Specialist (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 26, 2014
My contract ran out of money so my position was cut. It was unfortunate because I really enjoyed the job.
Lots of resources and autonomy
Sales (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: little supervision. good benefits healthcare, etc. allowed to have lunch at my desk.
Cons: one hour and fifteen commute to work, eachday.
On the phones by nine, co-workers that help each other, when needed. Management there as a resource and coaching, when needed, I learn daily through experience and reading sales books. The hardest part of my job is prospecting, but I'm good at it. My paycheck and a sense of accomplishment are the fun parts of my job.
Fun Work Place
COP Manager/ SystemAnalyst (Current Employee), Ft. BraggFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: fun to work.
Cons: no leadership
Good until we got a different manager. Then it went down hill quickly because of a manager that could not lead.
Very rewarding company to work for
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: i loved my job
Cons: there were mergers causing downsizing/position eliminations
There was plenty of room for growth and the job was challenging as well as rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCI Information Systems

NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services – Read more