NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

Great group of people to work with.
Telecommunications Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC20 December 2016
It was a great place to work the only thing that was irritating was getting a raise but other than that it was great. Good tools to work with and vehicles. Good hours and flexible if needed time off.
Pros
Great co workers.
Cons
Under paid.
Overall, nice professional place to work at.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NY13 July 2016
A great place to work and obtain skill to further your career either with the company or outside. Set schedules, full time as well as benefits. Management also work really well with their employees in a stable environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD6 August 2016
Great place to work! While you there you can forget about everything and concentrate on your research! Great school, compensations, job culture. This is America's true research place!
Pros
Health insurance, great job culture, compensations
Cons
no 401k
Productive work environment
Lead Heavy Duty Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX26 September 2016
My day at work was loading insulated metal panels on flatbed trucks. Consolidating merchandise.

Learned how to work new forklifts.

Management was less than desirable.

Worked well with others.

Weather conditions were difficult to work in.

Operating the forklifts and interacting with others.
Pros
Great hours and new knowledge of machinery
Cons
Weather conditions when the seasons changed.
It was a great temporary job for me
Collections and Accounting Temporary position (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN2 October 2016
It was a nice place to work. I was able to learn a new data base system, and met some nice people. The Controller was especially impressed with my work and the President invited me to stay when my temp time was up. I was covering a maternity leave. I later went back for a week to help out. I didn't accept the position offered as I was concerned that I would get bored quickly and not be challenged.
Pros
out early on Friday's during the summer
Installer
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK29 October 2016
Gear place to work. Great boss hard working consistent work new commercial. Jobs reliable everywhere. Travel everywhere good ppl drug free
Pros
45 min lunch 2 breaks
Cons
Breaks big jobs
Fun
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA17 January 2017
Responsible for: provisioning telecom equipment for employees; installation and maintenance of network connections, servers, routers, switches and circuits; communicating with and maintaining business relations with vendors; provide technical support to users and vendors; compilation of records and reports.Fun place to work :)
Love it!!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NY15 January 2017
Best job every with great incentives and many possible ways to earn extra money!! I loved the fact that I had my own booth the calls came in and the training is so great you'd think there's no way to learn the stuff but 2 week training is perfect.
It is an alright company to work for.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA22 November 2015
They make efforts to be a reasonably nice company in which to work. Probably considered a medium sized company with people working across the United States and some over seas. They have a couple of main social events, and several smaller ones throughout the year. Most of their social events tend to focus around the head quarters in Reston, VA. Their benefits fall in line with other companies their size.
Training
HR and Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IL5 December 2016
NCI is the employer I learned most of my skills for my future in the administrative field. I have wonderful managers to provide the help I needed. A wonderful place to work.
Energetic Workplace
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX13 October 2016
The schools provided me with a life of lessons, enjoyment, and growth. It gave a sense of guidance, wealth of knowledge and resources to be a better teacher.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Financial issues
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX31 May 2014
Be very careful of all the positive reviews, they are coming from corporate who watch this. the company is having major financial problems they can't win any contracts. The ssolution always for them is so let's hire another very senior VP and forget about everyone else doing the work. even though your salary employee what they want you to do is it works a little slow on your contract is to go with PTO and if not available to leave without pay and you do not know until you show up for work that day. they hire new program managers who do not know how to be an administrator whatsoever the rank of our don't like them. is a complete boys club.
Pros
there are some nice people within the organization.
Cons
financial issues, management lies. try to pay you hourly even though your salary, . try to make you use your PTO or go leave without pay without telling you ahead of time, cannot win any contracts, boys club.
Temp job with random job placements
Advertisement lead - In charge of coming (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX24 August 2016
Working at NCI was a knowledgeable experience. Managers were never to be found and everyone was lacking training. I was put into the advertising group with no one there having any idea what to do. I effectively took over as team lead and reflected on our projects mission.
Avoid at all Cost
Information Technology (IT) Support (Former Employee) –  Rome, NY26 December 2014
Even by DoD contractor standards, this is about as bad as it gets. Pay bands are among the worst in the industry, along with abysmal benefits, health care, 401K, and absolutely ZERO training dollars. Train yourself at your own expense, or be dumped on the curb.

The management culture was the worst I've ever worked at- the Program Manager had very little (to no) management experience before getting the PM job, and treated everyone as sub-human, almost "factory" workers (keep in mind this was an IT shop). She would verbally yell and abuse employees in the "pit", where all the IT staff worked, where everyone could see and hear her. She mocked them, used derogatory and threatening language, and nobody in management would believe the warnings about her abusive behavior.

Avoid at all costs - it's a death trap, and a career trap. Some of the team leads were absolutely psycho, although I heard they were "re-assigned" from lead roles after I left (they should have been fired, based on their attitudes, turf-protecting attitudes, abuse and general incompetence).
Pros
paycheck every two weeks
Cons
Good Company but bad management.
Welding and Painting Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 July 2013
Its a good company with great benefits but the management that they currently have at the Houston plant is hurting the company. There is no balance between work and your personal life, they do not care about you or your family because they expect you to work every day of the week 12+ hours and when you ask for some time off they get upset. They have to realize that the people in the shops are the ones making the money and they should be a little more considerate of their personal lifes.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
long hours, no set schedule, inconsiderate management, low wages
Fast paced and productive atmosphere
Logistics Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 October 2012
A typical day at work is very fast paced envirnment. There are deadlines that need to met and on occassion we were given very short notice to meet those deadlines. We never failed to do so. I learned alot of different skills in this environment. I learned to mulitask and work quickly and sufficiently. I also learned more and more about the various software I used as well as the positions I held.
My coworkers are all very hard workers and we all worked together towards our main objective and that was to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job was worrying if we would be able to get it all done,. but we never failed in that. Which leads to the most enjoyable part of the job, and that was knowing we did succeed and the feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
cookout and holiday parties
benefits
Great bunch of guys to work with
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS12 November 2015
It is a good company to work for, has great benefits and great environment. The job supervisors are wonderful people. There is not much room to move up in the company once you get to a certain point.
Challenging Sales Position
Sales Rep/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MI27 August 2015
Marketing Kirby Systems to clients directly door to door or by appointment. Minimal Management interference. Long hours with little time off for far too little pay.
Pros
Free Kirby Supplies
Cons
No Benefits
Appropriate facility with adequate space to facilitate the requirements.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VA30 April 2012
In working for NCI was a great experience and a very professional organization. The company took care of its employee in all aspects. The work environment was that of what one would expect. The Cooperate Headquarters personnel were very responsive when needed an answer and kept employees informed and up to date. I was just a great company and wonderful people to be a part of for almost five years.
Pros
pay raises, time off, company functions, communication
NEC Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC25 July 2015
I loved working there. Everyone worked together and helped one another. Sadly the contract was awarded to them as lowest bidder this time. This resulted in my position being terminated. I would still work there if I could. I will be applying for other positions with them.
Pros
full benefits, team works together, promotes self improvement
Cons
Contract work is unstable