NCI Information Systems

NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible Place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), TNNovember 11, 2014
Pros: benifits, working with some really cool people
Cons: its not worth it
Highly unsafe, unmotivating, dramatic, hostile work enviroment. No room for advancement. Employees are treated with little to no respect. everything was always broke, and was down for months at a time causeing unsafe short cuts. Managers are liars and cutthroats, have little regard foor there employees. no time at home. was promised raise after 90days – more... never seen it. – less
Government contract position
Production Control Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 20, 2014
Processing personnel data for Army National Guard. Good co-workers, mix of military, gov't. civilians and other contractors. Management guidelines set by military.
flexible hours,
satallite technician (Former Employee), Sparta, TNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no health care
site surverys, customer relations, satellite installations, technical support
Nice place
CAble Tech (Former Employee), all over the countryOctober 11, 2014
This is a nice place to work.
Just have to travel too much and when you have to do it on your own vehicle is just not good
It may not be for everyone but it's for anyone.
MS System Center Configuration Manager Engineer (Current Employee), Randolph AFB, TXOctober 1, 2014
Air Force isn't looking for what you are as a civilian but what you can be as a person. The Air Force wants the best and they get the best. Come with you game face on and ready to make a positive difference in you life or the life your willing to sacrifice for.
Network Administrator
Network Adminitrator (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Setup both Windows and Linux servers. Setup VMWare servers. Established Exchange servers. Patched and upgraded any servers as needed. Wrote VB scripts to gather data from the network.
job is ok
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Endicott, NYSeptember 23, 2014
work is ok if you stay on the phones once it dies down you have to talk to your nabors you cant do anything else.
Intense, last minute , military
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee), FT. Bragg NCSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good enviroment
Cons: contract
Manage DFS/Share Drive and permissions, Manage AD (create, delete,modify,deploy and undeploy 40k users), GPO Management, exchange 2007, VMWare Administrator (supporting 200 servers emc2, brocade).
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee), Lackland AFB, TXAugust 19, 2014
Management treats their employees like people and with respect.
Interaction with a wide range of people
New Equipment Instructor (Former Employee), Prince George, VAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: traveling to new places
Cons: this job was under a government contract
My work day would start at 8:00am daily. I would log onto my government laptop and check any emails received while I was logged off. This would include policy changes and any new assignments for travel. The job required 75% travel all over the U.S and overseas.
If in the office, class would begin at 9 o'clock and we would go over equipment to be trained – more... on upcoming missions or new equipment. When traveling. we would instruct military personnel on equipment related to soldier protection.
My co-workers were exciting to work with. Since 34 out of 36 instructors were retired military, the workday was always exciting and filled with challenges. The hardest part was long stays away from home and the most enjoyable part was giving soldiers the necessary training to survive in combat. – less
Senior Fielding Analyst (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
In-processing soldiers
issue equipment to soldiers
fitting soldiers for equipment
training soldiers on equipment
out processing soldiers

I learned how to deal and talk to soldiers among other people

Hardest thing was to work long extensive hours

Most enjoyable part was dealing with soldiers and people by helping them with problems
Great team to work with
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Reston VAJuly 2, 2014
• Track and provide reports on Traceability metrics (RTM), testing activities including testing results, test case coverage, defect reporting and defect tracking to QA Manager and business owner.
• Log, analyze and report test results to development.
• Collaborate with developers to ensure all quality standards were implemented.
• Test software enhancements – more... and defect fixes for software releases, patches and requirement updates.
• Verify and validate that test results support the functional and nonfunctional requirements and are traceable to those requirements – less
Fast Paced
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Vestal, NYJuly 2, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: no time to interact with customers
A fast paced environment. You don't get a break in between calls. There is an average handle time, and you're unable to fully assist the customer in the best way possible. Employees are great to work with, there to help with other members.
Productive training the soldiers.
Logistics Technician II / New Equipment Trainer (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 20, 2014
Pros: pay was great and great travel, very good benefits
Cons: it is a contracting company so you can be released at a moments notices, so save your money while you work there.
Great co-workers, work environment was great. Supervisor respected all employees and looked after them.
Good place overall.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), AfghanistanJune 19, 2014
It was a great opportunity to work overseas. Good coworkers and a good work environment.
No professional advancement
Sr. Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 5, 2014
Pros: have your own office
Cons: no job advancement
Not much diversity and no professional advancement. It's just a job.
Dis-Like
(AGM) Help Desk Tier II (Former Employee), Sierra VistaJune 4, 2014
Although I worked for NCINC the past 6 years, I Dis-like NCI Information Systems, they are two faced and not loyal to veterans who they employee.

Not only had they laid me off in 2012 as one many retired veteran's ; three months later they stuck me on help desk where I am hearing impaired with service contacted disabilities not to mention I finished – more... my degree over others.

Since being hired I complained, but did my job best I could 2008 - 2013 as noted in all my performance reviews which were positive. I won't know about this one because I was asked to leave, with no documentation in my file.

Because of my termination which was not warranted I will pursue to fix my good name, by talking to Disabled American Veterans Association. – less
Solid company, but not enough growth potential.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZMay 31, 2014
Limited in growth potential. Somewhat typical of a defense contractor and co-worker/manager knowledge varies greatly.

Most with greater abilities often leave the company, or try to.
Financial issues
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2014
Pros: there are some nice people within the organization.
Cons: financial issues, management lies. try to pay you hourly even though your salary, . try to make you use your pto or go leave without pay without telling you ahead of time, cannot win any contracts, boys club.
Be very careful of all the positive reviews, they are coming from corporate who watch this. the company is having major financial problems they can't win any contracts. The ssolution always for them is so let's hire another very senior VP and forget about everyone else doing the work. even though your salary employee what they want you to do is it works – more... a little slow on your contract is to go with PTO and if not available to leave without pay and you do not know until you show up for work that day. they hire new program managers who do not know how to be an administrator whatsoever the rank of our don't like them. is a complete boys club. – less
N/A
Managed Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Ft. Huachuca AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Very good job fast paced. Always learning on the job. So you have to keep up with current technology. So you do not fall behind.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCI Information Systems

NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services – Read more