NCI Information Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA17 January 2017
Responsible for: provisioning telecom equipment for employees; installation and maintenance of network connections, servers, routers, switches and circuits; communicating with and maintaining business relations with vendors; provide technical support to users and vendors; compilation of records and reports.Fun place to work :)
Love it!!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NY15 January 2017
Best job every with great incentives and many possible ways to earn extra money!! I loved the fact that I had my own booth the calls came in and the training is so great you'd think there's no way to learn the stuff but 2 week training is perfect.
Productive yet comfortable work place
Error and Omission Tech (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NY1 January 2017
Very friendly co-workers. I learned so much more regarding computers and how to resolve any issues, giving me the opportunity to move into a better position. The hardest part of the job was getting information from some of the customers that could not speak English.
Pros
very friendly enviroment
Cons
low pay and benefits
Great group of people to work with.
Telecommunications Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC20 December 2016
It was a great place to work the only thing that was irritating was getting a raise but other than that it was great. Good tools to work with and vehicles. Good hours and flexible if needed time off.
Pros
Great co workers.
Cons
Under paid.
Training
HR and Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IL5 December 2016
NCI is the employer I learned most of my skills for my future in the administrative field. I have wonderful managers to provide the help I needed. A wonderful place to work.
Installer
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK29 October 2016
Gear place to work. Great boss hard working consistent work new commercial. Jobs reliable everywhere. Travel everywhere good ppl drug free
Pros
45 min lunch 2 breaks
Cons
Breaks big jobs
Energetic Workplace
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX13 October 2016
The schools provided me with a life of lessons, enjoyment, and growth. It gave a sense of guidance, wealth of knowledge and resources to be a better teacher.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
It was a great temporary job for me
Collections and Accounting Temporary position (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN2 October 2016
It was a nice place to work. I was able to learn a new data base system, and met some nice people. The Controller was especially impressed with my work and the President invited me to stay when my temp time was up. I was covering a maternity leave. I later went back for a week to help out. I didn't accept the position offered as I was concerned that I would get bored quickly and not be challenged.
Pros
out early on Friday's during the summer
Productive work environment
Lead Heavy Duty Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX26 September 2016
My day at work was loading insulated metal panels on flatbed trucks. Consolidating merchandise.

Learned how to work new forklifts.

Management was less than desirable.

Worked well with others.

Weather conditions were difficult to work in.

Operating the forklifts and interacting with others.
Pros
Great hours and new knowledge of machinery
Cons
Weather conditions when the seasons changed.
Temp job with random job placements
Advertisement lead - In charge of coming (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX24 August 2016
Working at NCI was a knowledgeable experience. Managers were never to be found and everyone was lacking training. I was put into the advertising group with no one there having any idea what to do. I effectively took over as team lead and reflected on our projects mission.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD6 August 2016
Great place to work! While you there you can forget about everything and concentrate on your research! Great school, compensations, job culture. This is America's true research place!
Pros
Health insurance, great job culture, compensations
Cons
no 401k
Had great benefits with NCI
CNC machinist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC29 July 2016
Learned to run a wide variety of machines and controls. The co-workers were a fun bunch of people. My favorite machine was a 5 axes machine.
Pros
People
Cons
12 hour days
Overall, nice professional place to work at.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NY13 July 2016
A great place to work and obtain skill to further your career either with the company or outside. Set schedules, full time as well as benefits. Management also work really well with their employees in a stable environment
Excellent Company
Security Analyst - 1 (Current Employee) –  Ft. Shafter, HI11 April 2016
NCI Inc. currently holds the contract to this position.
Workday consist of eight hours.
Management is accommodating and open.
I have been doing this job over four years.
relaxed and a very calm job
Customer representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NY8 April 2016
I would come in and set up my computer, I would logon and start taking calls immediately. the hardest part I would say there was never a really hard part. the most enjoyable part would be when a customer gave you good compliments on helping them out.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
very strict
Intune with workers.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IL2 March 2016
Workers are the key with this company and it shows. Workers are continuously rewarded for their work. The company attempts to help the worker transition to a new position, if contract is lost, if at all possible.
Pros
worker orriented company.
Cons
As things go in the contractor world, this company cannot allways be there.
Great company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WA13 February 2016
Love that they were always making sure that we at a group was ok. The Vice President of the company always made it a point to make sure that if we needed anything that he was a phone call away.
stressful job but fun people
Phone Representative (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NY11 February 2016
best part of the job was helping so many people, to have them go from angry to happy was a great feeling. My co workers were a fun group of people.
Pros
helping people
Cons
health care
Friendly people, but tethered to a desk by a phone all day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NY30 December 2015
The managers and coworkers were wonderful and friendly. Talking on the phone all day can be draining and occasionally you will get a very irate customer.
Empresa agradável de trabalhar
PROFESSORA DE IDIOMAS (Current Employee) –  Barbacena, MG19 December 2015
Empresa familiar, com um grande movimento de clientes, que trabalha o lado social e humanitário das pessoas.
Pros
Bom tratamento aos funcionários
Cons
Não dá real oportunidade de trabalho

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCI Information Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.