NCH Healthcare System

NCH Healthcare System Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Learning Space
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Naples, FLDecember 11, 2014
I did my clinicals at this hospital and it was an excellent learning space. The nurses took there time with you each day you were there with them to make sure you learned and got the best experience possible.
Glad Im out of there
RN (Former Employee), naplesOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: poor management
take more and more from us (benefits, pto, pay, float pay) and expect us to do more and more. do 99 things right and called and written up for one thing wrong. some staff nice, but alot of snakes around. You run like a chicken with your head cut off. They expect us to be super heros and and do the impossible, clock out late to many times, no raise. – more... too many patients fall, no raise. Any excuse.. to take from us. Take from the workers, so management can make more. All they care about is that they LOOK good, awards, certificates, ect... Do not care about the staff who is overworked and underpaid, stressed and unhappy. – less
Nice coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Naples, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks working off the clock
A place to work that is just abother paycheck. Management is very unproffesional. Talking behind employees backs and not very nice. Doctors are ok but are just interested in the numbers and not quality patient care.
fun fair
RN ICU (Current Employee), Naples, FLSeptember 14, 2014
ICU nurse at NCH great place to work. Full of latest tech. Fair salaries, great benefits, good medical staff.
Great Learning Environment for coders and billers
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Naples, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Typical day in NCH Physician Group billing office starts with Good Morning greetings from almost all of your coworker
NCH Physician's group was a lovely stepping stone in my career while in my transitional move to Florida.
Staff and Management were very informative and were ready to assist however they could so that the billing department as a team – more... could move forward. – less
An interesting place to work.
Bed Utilization Specialist / Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Naples, FLAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good steady work.
Cons: poorly managed at times.
Good co-workers for the most part. Management is a little out of touch. Benefits are OK but many have been eliminated or reduced over the past 5-6 years.
productive workplace
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Naples, FLJuly 1, 2014
stressful but enjoyable. The other employees in the ER were great especially overnight.
I worked with a wonderful group of professionals
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Naples, FLJune 16, 2014
Pros: professional, mature therapists and staff in office
Cons: disappointed in outcome
I liked that this job was full-time, close to my home, had great benefits, and allowed me to work with a patient population that I really enjoyed.

I would have liked to have continued working with the patient population I had at another outpatient center, but that was not an option per management when they had to cut the program at my office.
basic job
Returns Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 7, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: 2breaks and lunch
starting time 8am and go home time 4:30pm - I worked in almost all depts. learned to know the products and what prods are pkged in. the hardest part of the job was not knowing what the next line of prod's would be. I liked my job due to the fact the company let me do my job with out my boss looking over me 100% of the time.
Challenging yet fulfilling position
Director's Assoc./ Institutional Review Board Mgr. (Former Employee), Naples, FLMarch 4, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, monday-friday work days, job fulfillment
Cons: i truly can say that there were not any cons.
My typical day at work encompassed many responsibilities.
Each day I followed a general schedule to complete daily tasks such as scheduling, payroll and invoices.
Various other tasks were completed each day such as handling Human Resource issues,manual billing.
My position required me to be the "Go-To" person.

I learned many interesting skills. My – more... largest accomplishment was obtaining my Certified Institutional Review Board Manager certification. I became knowledgeable in FDA regulations regarding clinical studies.

I worked closely with the management team offering support to them on a daily basis.

The hardest part of my job was being able to multi task. I actually became quite proficient in doing so. It was a challenge but one that I enjoyed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction that I had with the staff. The pharmacy department consisted of 85 employees. I thoroughly enjoyed being part of a wonderful group of people. – less
Overall I would definitely recommend NCH to those looking for employment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Naples, Fl.December 10, 2013
I have been with NCH for a little over two years. I starting off as a graduate nurse in a nurse residency program and have been able to grow into a confident, competent nurse in an encouraging environment. I now work as a charge nurse on the same Medical/Surgical/Telemetry Unit that I started on over two years ago and I truly enjoy it. We work twelve – more... hour shifts and our staffing ratio's on nights are usually 1:5.5. I work with great people and have a supportive manager. – less
Management out-of-touch
Finance (Former Employee), Naples, FLDecember 6, 2013
Cons: management, competition is better
Management is not connected to the core employee base in any way, shape or form. Lots of positions have been outsourced (common in healthcare these days) but NCH pretends it isn't happening when it is. Many good employees have realized this is a poor healthcare system and are leaving for the better ones in the area. There are a lot of good people still – more... there - they just live in fear of their jobs day-to-day.

Another real issue is that there are a lot of unskilled workers there that have had jobs for a long time. They do not contribute anything but keep their positions due to friendships and family. – less
Enjoyable
Power Press (Former Employee), BirminghamJuly 14, 2013
This job required to assemble parts for an oil can and other various components. The atmosphere in the workforce was fantastic, all management had cooperated well with the workers and vice versa. The workers were all great fun to work around, and despite this all targets were met.
Very stimulating experience
Vice President Human Resources (Former Employee), Naples, FLApril 15, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: the seasonality of southwest florida
A positive environment very accepting of change. Several thousand employees soi communication was always a challenge.
management its a joke
collection (Current Employee), naples flApril 2, 2013
Pros: pto
Cons: managements
I don't recommend this place to work , there are not prepare for new employees , you are on you own , they don't have instructions to do the work. Supervisors don't pay attention what you need , very disorganize place.

maybe I was expecting a very organize Hospital
Run!
Employee (Current Employee), Irving ,txJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: lack of respect from management, poor pay and benefits
This company is all over the place! No structure, no room for advancement and no respect for their employees. The turnover rate is extremely high due to the lack of organization
A very diversified company
Frontline Support Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 23, 2013
A good company to work for, privately owned, good benefits, and professional work environment.
Busy work day but would go fast.
Staff Technologist (Former Employee), Naples, FLJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits. the staff worked well together.
Cons: sometimes the computer with patients needing exams wouldn't stop
Had a wonderful supervisor. The pay was great. Could get a little burned out during your on on-call rotation but got ample time to recover. I felt like NCH really took an interest in their employees. Also very generous with PTO time. I miss working their. Big paychecks.
Over 12 years of IT experience in analysis, object oriented design, development and implementation of windows and web based applications using the .NE
Sr DotNet Developer (Former Employee), New Haven, CTNovember 12, 2012
• Interacted with the client in person to analyze their requirements and demonstrate the developed application.
• Involved in AGILE software development methodology.
• Developed Web Application using HTML, IIS, C#.NET, ASP.NET, XML, SOAP.
• Created Class Libraries and used them extensively throughout the project.
• Designed data access layer using Entity – more... Framework model and successfully created Entity Models.
• Client side validations are done using JavaScript.
• Created Master Page and styles to maintain uniformity throughout the websites.
• Developed JavaScript for dynamic user interface and browser compatibility tests.
• Built the Tables, Views, queries, stored procedures and triggers for the System using SQL Server 2008/2005.
• Involved in testing and debugging and performed thorough unit testing.
• Developed services using SOA.
• Create new and support inhouse Winform Application using dot net, Visual Basic, Oracle 11,
• Used Telerik RAD Control (Ver – 2010.3 1215) for Date time picker & Data grid, Panel, Menus, Combo box.
• Used Business Intelligence
• Used JQuery for event handling & animating controls by values.
• Worked SSIS for Data Migration tasks. Used SSRS for reporting. – less
NCH
Unit secretary for inpatient rehab (Former Employee), Naples, FLSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: 12 hr schedule
Cons: n/a
A great place to work and grow, now understaffed. I was able to move from customer service in outpatient rehab to admissions coordinator in 4 years. Much employee recognition including free lunch for your birthday.