NBC Universal

NBC Universal Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Highly stressful environment
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), New York City and VancouverDecember 6, 2012
Pros: working together for a common goal
Cons: long hours; extend time between jobs
This job listing is a combination of working in independent film industry. I worked in New York City and Vancouver over a 15 year period. Typically working in film and television are 14-16 hour days with constant work in an extremely stressful environment.

Working in the production office you must deal with all types of of situations and be able to – more... improvise many solutions.
Typically my co-workers were great people. Since we worked extremely long days we usually succeeded in making the days spent in the office pleasant. – less
free movie club
Shipper (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: free movies
getting things ship on time
about movies
fine
very nice
not having a complete order
working
14 Year Career at NBC Universal
Director (Former Employee), Universal City, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits and salary
Cons: not supplying resources that are needed to complete the job
I was lucky enough to work at NBC Universal for 14 years and had a great manager who promoted me through the ranks. I was able wear many hats and learned about many different businesses.

Unfortunately my whole department was closed. The hardest part of the job was not having the resources that you need to be effecient at your job.

I had a great team – more... and enjoyed working there. – less
FUN place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Universal City, CASeptember 16, 2014
Great atmosphere, great people, fun times. Interaction with guests was a blast and made better with characters present.
great fun place to be
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent management
Very fun and comforting environment, great ppl and managers
Great company to work for
Customer Service Ambassador (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2014
thisis a great company wish I still worked there got laid off when comcast took over nbc
great place to work
Costuming (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: my coworkers and the clients
Cons: management made the job a little challenging
i loved this job and looked forward to going to work everyday
Fast paces and growth opportunities
Customer Hostess (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2014
I like to work in a fast and productive work setting with growth opportunity. I am reliable, well organized, and a fast learner.
Tough environment
Writer/Producer/Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2014
You never know what you are getting each day. Management micromanages and needs to get their act together
Great Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Besides management tripping over power, I really enjoyed working for the universal team. They work with you when it comes to scheduling and a balance with family or school. Teammates were like family and conflict was minimal. We got tickets for family and friends to enjoy the theme parks and discounts at merchandise or restaurants. When it came to advancement – more... it is possible. – less
I had a great experience!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2014
I loved working for Universal. It is a very enjoyable place to work. They really take care of their employees and the perks are the best!
Lots to do/ Limited Opportunity
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free passes, the guests
Cons: internal politics, and the pay
Keeping in mind that this is my review based on my individual experience. Others may have a different one because they are different people. A typical day at work would be to handle customer transactions at a cash register, answering questions about the Park.
The management was cliquish, librerally biased, gossipy and with others helpful and somewhat – more... supportive. Many of The coworkers were young, cliquish, arrogant liberal types and cutthroaty. The park is set up like the Communist Party where co workers nitpicked each other and then went to management to curry favor. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the quantity of people, the low pay and the internal political nonsense which distracted from the enjoyment of the work. The best part of the job were the families and customers who were from all over the world, a pleasure to interact with and to learn from. – less
Sr. Director of Software Engineering (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2014
a typical day at work - Busy
what you learned - New Technologies
management - Good
your co-workers - Good
the hardest part of the job - Not much
the most enjoyable part of the job - Everything
Great Sales Expereince
(WAVY-10) Network, Account Executive (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VASeptember 8, 2014
The typical work day involved renewing current accounts and researching/cold calling to establsih new accounts.

I leaders a great deal about working in a newsroom and in a fast-pasced environment. I needed to be a self-starter andhoned my presentation an communication skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. We supported and – more... celebrated one another. – less
Very busy and fun place to be.
South side food court (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: outdoors
Cons: not enough hours
Just fun to interact with the public, great people, benefits and everything you need was inside the park?
Fun place to work
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Orlando,FLSeptember 1, 2014
Good place to meet a lot of people and bring good customer service. Annual reviews are cheap.
Baker, production kitchen
Baker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, theme park admission, good co-workers
Cons: terrible management in the kitchen
It's an ok job to get your foot in the door, but everything is a mix or out of a box. You won't actually learn anything here. The hours vary from one shift a week to 6 days a week, most of which will have overtime. Your schedule changes with the park schedule, but they expect you to have open availability even though they won't give you hours for half – more... of the year. The pastry chef rene will only even say "hi" to a few of the employees and completely ignores everyone else. The most feedback you get from him is to work faster, and this is after he comes out of the office where he's literally been taking a nap for the past hour and a half. No joke, the office has glass windows all around it. He doesn't even care that his employees can see. Joke management all around. – less
Productive and Fun place to work.
Sales Associate at Honeydukes (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: long waites for rides
Universal Studios goes the extra mile when it comes to the guests. Me personally I have never been to Universal Studios & when I finally got the chance to see it in person it was everything and more that I expected. As far as management they are GREAT! They make sure that the team members are well taken care of. The team members really work as a team! – more... They make sure once their stuff is done they help each other finish the task at hand.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the guest (customers) faces as they leave our stores. Just seeing the smiles on the faces make us the team members excited to come in to work. – less
Fun and respectable Workplace
sales associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: long breaks, good management and co-workers
Cons: hours, parking, wardrobe, salary
My managers were treated us with respect and took their time to get to know us. They were very flexible with our schedule and worked with us if an event came up where we needed to change a shift last minute.

I really learned what it meant to work as a team. The other team members become family as you work day after day with them.They will help you – more... when you need it.

I would have to say the hardest part is trying to make a sale with a person or family that do not speak the language. It makes me have to use other forms of communication for them to understand such as signing the prices and pointing at the merchandise that they want. It was a challenge that I soon found it easy to over come.

I also learned that doing just what you are told is not enough, that you need to do one extra step to make the management see that you are a hard worker. Sometimes helping another coworker without them asking would be the extra step or taking time to clean or stock an area before the manager tells you too.

Overall, I really enjoyed my experience working there. – less
Security officer daily jobs.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: being able to get to know the other employees and vendors.
Cons: being stuck at a gate when you needed to use the bathroom.
A typical day was to go to work and be in charge of a gate and monitor the people that came in and out. Sometimes you got to be the relief officer and relieve the other officers so they could take a break so you did several different jobs. Sometimes you got to deliver all the cash to the different venues. It was an interesting job and fun getting to – more... know vendors and other employees. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About NBC Universal

NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of – Read more