NBC Universal

NBC Universal Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Highly stressful environment
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), New York City and VancouverDecember 6, 2012
Pros: working together for a common goal
Cons: long hours; extend time between jobs
This job listing is a combination of working in independent film industry. I worked in New York City and Vancouver over a 15 year period. Typically working in film and television are 14-16 hour days with constant work in an extremely stressful environment.

Working in the production office you must deal with all types of of situations and be able to – more... improvise many solutions.
Typically my co-workers were great people. Since we worked extremely long days we usually succeeded in making the days spent in the office pleasant. – less
free movie club
Shipper (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: free movies
getting things ship on time
about movies
fine
very nice
not having a complete order
working
Good STEADY job
Broadcast Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: company's name
Cons: invisibility
Good job to maintain for your entire career. There is no much room for growth EXCEPT if you get a career-champion; that is someone to push for you. Otherwise, welcome to the last job/role you'll have for the rest of your life.

Salaries are good but benefits are terrible.
review
Commercial Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2014
NBC Universal is overall a good place to work. No real complaints we are taken seriously and management treats everyone with the utmost respect. Our salaries could most definitely be higher.
dream job
Cashier, Busser, Greeter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, resonable pay rate, great service, friendly staff
Cons: bad communication, poor team work, far from home
it was a really nice place to be, always something to do, guest everywhere and u are park of it so it was a really awesome experience for me, the staff not all of them are friendly or trustful, but besides that you make a lot of friends and a lot of customers happy...
Exciting workplace
Retail Clerk (Current Employee), Universal City, CAOctober 6, 2014
A typical day at work would include interacting with guest and co-workers in a fun manner, Hanging out in the break rooms during lunch with friends and doing it all over again the next day. The job wasn't hard as much as it was tiring some days but i love it non the less. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with friends and experiencing holidays – more... at my home away from home and the perks of going to the park whenever i please. – less
2djk2d
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2014
kd2dhjkwqdhwkjdhwd hwod wdkjw dwhdow dwjdh wdhwodh wdhwdhwdhwdhwh whwddhw odhwod hwo
great place to work
Zumba Instructor/Hip hop (Current Employee), OrlandoSeptember 29, 2014
Best people, best jobs, and best venues. Love working here ... alot of opportunity to grow with the company.
ENG News Photographer/Editor (Former Employee), Fort Lee, NJSeptember 29, 2014
Good benefits, Great coworkers.although very corporate structure.
Lots of overtime
ENG News Photographer/Editor (Former Employee), Fort Lee, NJSeptember 29, 2014
Good benefits, Great coworkers.although very corporate structure.
Lots of overtime
Collaborative workplace, but shift in corporate culture changed environment.
Editor/Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: creative input, healthcare
Cons: less transparency from management over time.
In my four years at TODAY.com, I accrued gradually more and more responsibilities, which made for a busy work week. While it honed my multitasking skills and allowed me to work within several content management systems, the gradual increase in workload made creative input more difficult, as there simply wasn't enough time in the day.

As an editor/producer, – more... I worked directly will several colleagues on both the online and television sides, which forged a greater understanding of the overall mission of the organization. I truly enjoyed representing the digital team in that capacity and loved learning about the workflows of other departments.

The hardest part was simply managing the workload in the face of a shift in corporate culture when my team was absorbed from MSNBC Digital into NBC Universal/Comcast. – less
awesome
Valet Parking Attendant in Orlando (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2014
great work environment. need to know how to drive a stick shift.
Good Company
Multimedia Journalist and Reporter (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2014
Management in the News Department is very good. Culture of the newsroom is very collaborative. One of the best News organizations I've had the pleasure of working
Fun place to work while attending school
Vendor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: cool benefits for a teenager or someone with children only working for supplemental income
Cons: no dental/medical benefits, low pay, limited opportunity for advancement
A typical day at work would consist of driving to the employee only parking area, heading to wardrobe to pick up your clean uniform, then getting on a trolly to your work area. Report to your work area and begin work. 30 minute break for lunch most likely and when you're done for the day you can feel free to change clothes and head into the theme park – more... to ride rides. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Turnstile Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: outdoors
I enjoy working in a organized friendly environment. Everyone is on the same page so that there is no confusion. Any questions and or concerns that you may have will always be answered. It is an enjoyable job.
Very busy office.
Legal Files Clerk (Former Employee), Universal City, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: 10k runs, christmas parties, gym.
Cons: having to leave nbc universal.
Would come in and start pulling files for the attorneys and any other departments that would call for their legal files. I learned how to work in a busy office and knew how to work independently. I worked with a lot of attorneys and I was able to please them by getting their information as soon as they requested it. My co-workers were a great team because – more... everyone helped one another out if needed. The hardest part was not getting the file to a specific department because another department had that file and did not return it back to us. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that Universal had offered a great deal of functions for the employees. – less
Nerf Guns
Production Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: clean offices, fun people, frequent perks.
Cons: late hours, slim room for advancement, many freelancers whose contracts expire after one year, and lack of workflow management.
A fun group of people to work with! There were nerf gun wars and cross-department bingo games. When you have this much fun in a corporate environment you forget about the fact that you're working over 10 hours a day!
Fun-Loving Place
Gameskeeper (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: discounts, free park tickets
a typical work day would be dealing with guest. Also trying to make it possible for each and every guest to leave the park in a happy manner. You meet a while bunch of different people from different walks of life. You are always treated with kindness no matter what time of day it is.
Great entry level job into
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 18, 2014
Good training with many hands-on experiences. Was able to work with the public in producing commercials and on-line promotions.
Awsome place to work for meet a lot of famous people
Lead Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Awesome company to work for, get to work with a lot of interesting technologies.

They have an crazy Christmas parties and social gatherings

1 2 3 4 5

About NBC Universal

NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of – Read more