Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Place
Team Coach-Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL15 March 2016
NFCU takes great care of their employees. They have great benefits. The mortgage department is also a great environment to work in.
Account Resolution Specialist
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA10 March 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is one of the best place to work, they have excellent employee benefits(401 K, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holiday. short and long term disability, job security, educational program. employee incentive.. Working with Navy Federal is very rewarding. I've learned a lot about people specially their financial situation. I handled escalated calls at Navy Federal, I listened and explained to my members about their accounts I find ways to accommodate their needs. I noted their account that member and I met an agreement, I've given my name and phone number to a lot of our members just for future reference. I love helping people and my coworkers are like my family outside home,
Fabulous Company
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OK7 March 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working for NFCU.
It's a fantastic company with many benefits such as health/wellness incentives, bonuses, etc.
Pros
Health/Wellness Incentives, bonuses, pay is great
Cons
work/life balance is difficult to find in the branch environment.
Good company, but feel they discriminate against age.
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA7 March 2016
A typical day in training involved arriving at 5pm and working until 1:30pm. The class was taught by people who were younger than most of the class. There were six people over 40 in the class. All who were pulled aside the second week into training and told that if their skills did not improve they could be terminated. It seemed they were pulled aside weekly and told the same thing. The trainers had no control of the class and while others finished assessments quickly, those who didn't had to deal with high level of noise while trying to concentrate. They tell you they don't want you to memorize anything but be able to navigate their system. Their system does not provide answers to all inquiries from members. Even trainers had a hard time determining answers at times. The Vice President visited the class one night to give her speech. I was not impressed by her. She did not seem professional at all. The most enjoyable part was getting to know class members, the hardest part was trying to concentrate knowing you have been threatened with termination.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Micro management, schedules and very stressful
Good place to work, watch out for politics
Financial Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL3 March 2016
I enjoy working here, but one must be very aware of the political undercurrents. Work hard, keep your head very low. Growing company provides plenty of opportunity.
Member Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  winchester, va24 February 2016
Honestly the WORST company I have ever worked for. The only good coming out of the job was the compensation because you were making a good amount for living needs. As far as the job it is very boring and frustrating. Management has no idea what you will go through as a representative and watch every move you make. The management feels like it is a privelage to work there but it actually isn't. I lost contact with my family due to the hours to work and it is so hard to get time off for vacation. Making one mistake can cause you to loose your job despite the work you have put in before and everything you do is in the hand book so you can be fired for absolutely anything. Truthfully my experience with this company and the upper management was absolutely horrible and I do not reccommend anyone to apply here unless you don't mind always being on watch.
Great place to develop a career!
Consumer Loan Processor I (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL23 February 2016
At Navy Federal, you have many different career options, the ability to advance and leadership that encourages you to learn and move up in the company.
Pros
Cafeteria, Coffee Shop, Gym, Great Pay
Cons
Parking
Excellent benefits and pay, work/life balance is difficult
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL22 February 2016
In this area, they are known as being one of if not the top employer for their benefits, pay, and upward mobility. All of these points are accurate and true. However, once one gets to a supervisor or management level, office politics and agendas prevent good work/life balance.
Pros
Insurance, benefits, employee assistance programs, gym, annual bonus
Cons
lack of support for some positions, management not walking the talk, office politics
Complex and labored
Mortgage Loan Officer I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA30 January 2016
Assisting a buyer close their home loan, makes my day & brings me enormous joy to know they own their home. With new TRID guidelines there needs to be more communication with all parties. Each day remained the same, lots of emails, phone calls, Pre-Approvals, Speaking with my processor regarding all live loans, Closing Disclosures to be Approved. There is always a list of items daily, which needs to be confirmed with all members and submit the loan for lending decision. Approx 20 - 40 emails to review at the start of my day, before I begin my day. I learned the majority of my experiences as a Mortgage Loan Officer with NFCU, each loan is unique in its own way, no 2 loans will ever be the same. There is never a dull moment. Management needs more assistance, as there is only Supervisor and Manager, and with 8 Loan officers, there is never enough time for them to get to all of our questions or issues as needed. It is always great when they can pull a miracle out of the hat. The hardest thing I feel is letting a member know that their application or purchase contract has been denied, due to unforseen circumstances. But that they can always start new, or they know what they can do to move towards being able to qualify to purchase a home. I have a great bunch of fellow co-workers that are in all different stages of the team, I do provide support and assist them as needed.
Pros
PIP, employee benefits
Cons
Not enough time, too much left to do
Fun workplace
Underwriter and Project Staff Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA26 January 2016
I really enjoy working for navy federal. The staff I work with are very friendly! Company takes care of its employees and the management staff are there to help everyone meet their full potential.
Benefits
Cons
Can't think of any
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA24 January 2016
Navy Federal is a great place to work and grow as an employee. They pay well and have awesome incentives and employee benefits. They also care about their members and empower their employees to make decisions and listen to how processes can be improved.
Pros
employee benefits, lots of locations
Cons
short breaks, limited leave time
Prouctive
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA19 January 2016
What I've learned at Navy Federal was how to be productive in a high intensity work environment and how to execute timely deadlines.
Good working environment.
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WA18 January 2016
Most of the the work are repetitive but we always have something new to learn and always excited about the changes. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the management who act as boss not leader. Learning something new.
Pros
Benefits, Bonuses, Company outings.
Cons
favoritism
Great Place to Work
Equity Processor (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA14 January 2016
One of the best employers I have ever worked for. Benefits are absolutely amazing and the commute from any Northern VA, Maryland or DC location is amazing.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Best Place I ever worked
Manager, Branch Office (Current Employee) –  Guantanamo Bay, Cuba7 January 2016
I have learned so much about banking and serving those who serve us. I love the culture of Navy Federal and how well the company takes care of the employees.
Mortgage Experience
Mortgage Supervisor Review Team (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL5 January 2016
Review files for sale to end investor- QA/UW duties
Supervise and manage 20+ employees who review mortgage loans from the point of application through closing
to ensure the completion and accuracy of documentation as well as the quality control component for delivery
to end investor.
Acts as review for salability evaluation by determining eligibility and compliance of all verifiable portions of the loan application
In depth knowledge of GSE guidelines and program matrix in order to ensure valid findings
Knowledge of RESPA, TIL, CFPB and ECOA regulations and various regulatory compliance requirements
Ensure and maintain high standards for quality reviews and timely completion in order to get files closed and booked
Oversee and manage the day to day mortgage loan review team of Conventional, Choice, HAR and VA loan team
Monitor and evaluate work quality and audit daily for review team production and accuracy
Plans, coordinates, directs and supervises the work of subordinate personnel
Take action to ensure all personnel are trained to obtain all documentation necessary to complete the loan file review
Experience in preparing legal documents and ability to review content for accuracy
Conduct interviews, performance reviews, coaching and mentoring and overall development of employees
Ability to direct and motivate employees for maximum production while maintaining a work life balance
Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage by meeting goals on a consistent basis
Works independently
  more... and also in a team environment
Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as efficient planning and organizational skills
Ability to work well under pressure and stress
Respond to member concerns, complaints and issues
I loved the CEO of the company and best place to work
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA5 January 2016
Doing different job every day, opportunity to learn on wide scale, Great Management team, Fun and enjoying my time with my co-workers, No hardest part of this job, most enjoyable resolving issue and getting compliments from management which motivate me to work harder.
Excellant Place to Work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC31 December 2015
I have enjoyed my time with NFCU, but feel that the market I am currently in is holding me back from advancing. I have a lovely and wonderful team that I manage. I have learned and grown professionally while being at NFCU
Comfortable work environement
REGIONAL TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA23 December 2015
Having been at Navy Federal now for 5 years I feel that it is an overall good place to work. Especially if you work at Headquarters in Vienna, Va. They make it a very comfortable situation with all of the amenities, events, and perks that we receive being here.
Pros
Fun environment, lots of ammenities on campus
Cons
Pay not as compettitve as it should be based on area and cost of living
I would have to rate Navy Federal as the best job I've ever worked
Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cantonment, FL16 December 2015
I absolutely loved working for Navy Federal. They were a great company with excellent benefits. They always treated their employees with respect and I also had an excellent schedule. The customers wasn't always the best to handle but the job itself made up for any bad days. I really miss working for them
Pros
excellent benefits, great coworkers, awesome schedules, excellent pay
Cons
none that I can think of

4.2