Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful Company
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation
Navy Federal Credit Union is a wonderful company in general to work for.
Great place to work.
New accounts, loans and investment advisor (Former Employee), Parris Island, SCJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, management
Cons: hours changed every week. long hours
Great place to work. The pay was great and was a good place if spouse is military.
Typical workday
STAFF ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 5, 2014
1. Files are easily retrievable, logically organized, clearly labeled, and neat, with documents
usually filed within 3-5 days of receipt;
2. Calendar is consistently accurate with proper additions and deletions, reflecting realistic
scheduling, with changes made quickly, and a hard copy provided to supervisor in accordance
with personal preference, – more... with no more than three noted errors per quarter;

3. Travel arrangements are realistic, meet the traveler's expectations in terms of timeliness and
accommodation to extent possible and confirmation is received prior to travel. Travel orders and
vouchers are completed in accordance with regulations, policy, and automated procedures.
Vouchers are completed usually within 3 days of receipt of traveler's documentation; and

4. Draft correspondence is clear, logical, follows Plain Language guidelines, and is presented to
supervisor generally __ working days before due date or ___ days after receipt of initiating
event. – less
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 2, 2014
Great place to work with great benefits package including a 401K. Very happy and proud to work for a company that provided services to our military families.
IT Project Manager as a contractor (Current Employee), Vienna, VADecember 30, 2013
They foster a healthy working environment for employees and contractors.
Amazing potential yet has a prehistoric thought process with a "closing on the edge" mentality.
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 30, 2013
Pros: gym on campus, starbucks on campus, good overtime, totally paperless
Cons: inexperienced personnel leading the teams
A typical day at work at NFCU consisted of underwriting non stop , back to back loans. 14-20 loans daily was the norm. Very little interaction with loan processors or loan originators as the loan processors, all 200 inexperienced ones, cleared the conditions. Company did provide excellent continuing education in all aspects.
Great job, but no room to advance up
Call Center Operations (CCO): MSR (Current Employee), Vienna, VADecember 11, 2013
Assisting members over the phone with online password resets, accessing members’ accounts through website, conducting banking transactions over the phone.
Achievements: Providing world-class member service to our Military Service Members and their families regarding their financial needs. Management isn't the best part to deal with. Not many opportunities – more... to move up in desired field of interest. – less
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE, POSITIVE, FUN PROJECTS TO GET TEAM MOTIVATED
Loan Processor/Closer (Former Employee), Herndon, VADecember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits package, self management
Cons: work life balance was lacking, as there was excessive overtime to deal with the abundance of applications.
TYPICAL DAY INVOLVED SELF MANAGING YOUR OWN MEMBERS SIMULTANEOUSLY AROUND, 80+, AND DEALING WITH AN ABUNDANCE OF PHONE CALLS.
LEARNED TEAM WORK AND TEAM MOTIVATION.
THE MOST ENOJYABLE PART OF THIS JOB WAS KNOWING HOW MANY THANKFUL MEMBERS WERE IN YOUR HANDS TO HELP WITH THEIR LOANS.
MOST DIFFICULT TASK WAS KEEPING A CONSTANT EXTREMELY ORGANIZED WORKSPACE, – more... THIS IN TURN WENT HAND IN HAND WHEN DEALING WITH THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS AND MEMBERS TO MEET OUR QUOTA AND KEEP THE TEAM AT THE TOP. – less
Wonderful Place to Work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Vienna, VADecember 5, 2013
Pros: a lot of job sponsored events
Cons: short breaks, strict leave policy
There is a reason this company is on the Forbes Top 500 places to work. The company really cares about the employees and the job culture is contagious.
Best suited for the single workaholic
Collections Counselor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 26, 2013
I enjoyed the pay check but it was not meant for someone who has a family, you are always expected to put Rent A Center first by the time you get home your kids are asleep and your to tired to spend time with your spouse.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2013
Great company! Beware of third party hiring agencies.

I loved the gym and the cafeteria.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful for new employees.
Fast paced, minimal local supervision
Information Systems (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2013
Pros: decent work atmosphere and coworkers
Cons: cultural lack of "ownership" for resolution of it problems
There's a lot of "buck passing" and lack of ownership in NFCU's information systems group. This leads to completely unnecessary work loads and system downtime for internal customers (and impacts member service). Very reactive rather than proactive IT environment. Significant difference in pay scales between FL and VA for same job.
Not real happy with their slowness to make us permanent NFCU employees. All Aerotek employees were laid off, just not fair since we worked off butts
Mortgage Support Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 8, 2013
Pros: gave us snacks at holidays. had a xmas bonus once.
Cons: moved us constantly throughout the building.
There were tons and tons of personalities to deal with which was okay with me because I'm usually the 'peacemaker'... The hardest part of the job was when they constantly moved us from desk to desk from downstairs to upstairs... never ever felt settled. Most enjoyable part of the day was lunch time really because we had free use of the gym. Plus, it – more... was open 24/7... Overall was a good place to work but kinda far... approx 45 min from my house. – less
Good Company
Delinquency Control Counselor II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 8, 2013
NFCU is an overall great company there are different pros and cons depending on the particular department you work for.
Great Company
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), anyNovember 3, 2013
This company is dedicated to their employees. I always felt properly rewarded for my good work. Training was done in a way that promoted learning and good will between employees.
Great working environment
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 31, 2013
Pros: onsite cafeteria, gym, dry cleaning
Cons: no job security
Great working environment!

As a mortgage loan closer, with a National Mortgage License, I worked with various products and loan types, closing loans throughout the United States. While at Navy Federal I worked with paperless file processing and multiple mortgage systems including Unifi, eClient and RemoteDocs to assist in preparing the loan figures – more... as well as preparing and sending mortgage loan documents packages to the settlement agent. As a closer I reviewed, corrected and approved the HUD-1 for final closing figures as well as sending wires. The most rewarding aspect was maintaining relationships with title companies, processors, loan officers and most importantly the members. – less
NFCU
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2013
a great company to advance with if the opportunity is there for advancement
Highly productive
Equity Processor/Closer (Former Employee), Vienna, VAOctober 19, 2013
In the mortgage boom era, my teammates all gave our best in serving our members. A great place of learning with knowledgeable people al around!
work day
TSYS Debt Management Contract (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: cross trained
I loved working for navy federal credit union it was a fun and fast pace call center I liked the people I worked with and worked for! the hardest part of the job was finding the customer who had a neg balance for them to pay it off !! I was a skip tracer for that acct!
Enjoyable and pleasant work enviroment.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaOctober 16, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and compensation.
Cons: very little advancement for branch operation team members.
Navy Federal is all about practicing Team Playing. We build and maintain strong cohesive teams for a successful end result.

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos