Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

I would have to rate Navy Federal as the best job I've ever worked
Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cantonment, FLDecember 16, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Navy Federal. They were a great company with excellent benefits. They always treated their employees with respect and I also had an excellent schedule. The customers wasn't always the best to handle but the job itself made up for any bad days. I really miss working for them
Pros
excellent benefits, great coworkers, awesome schedules, excellent pay
Cons
none that I can think of
Productive work day
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDMay 29, 2012
A typical day at work would inculde opening new memeber accounts and talking to prospective members. I learned the ability to mutitask and learn every position and key role to become a better team player. Management was very organized and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the high volume of members and the small amount of staff to compensate for the volume. I really enjoyed the members and the relationships between the staff.
Pros
free lunches, holiday parties
Cons
short brakes, not enough staff
General Outline
Global IT Support Technician- Intern (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Work is very relaxed at Navy Federal. Employees are nice and patient for the most-part. Management is understanding and try to stay informed, involved and keep you informed. Sometimes it can get very busy, but there is always someone to help take the pressure off if it is getting too hectic. It is a fun place to work and I would like to have my career begin there.
Pros
free gym at headquarters
Navy Federal is a good place to learn different aspects of the Mortgage field
Senior Short Sale Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 6, 2012
NFCU is a wonderful place to work. The people are great and you have the opportunity to learn and experience (hands-on) the many different areas of the Mortgage Industry. However, sometimes at the Senior Management level there are too many conflicts which trickle down to the subordinates. When that happens it makes for an unpleasant work environment.
Pros
good environment, exposure to different facets of the mortgage arena
Cons
poor processes and leadership
Experienced contractor at NFCU
Federal Wire Agent (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 26, 2012
Great place to work. People are friendly and easy to talk to.
Fortunate enough to be reassigned after my assignment with Certificate/IRA ended, I was placed into another dept.
Luckily, despite our limping economy, there is work to be done here at NFCU.
Go NFCU!!!!!
Pros
gym access, free parking
Cons
difficult to land a permanent f/t position within. i've been trying for months.
Qulaity Service for Military personell and their families.
member service representative II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2015
Typical day at work would be answering inbound calls from military families and other members of the credit union. Provided deatiled and general information on account; establishing membership; taking loan applications and titles calls and also servicing those applications and titling issues. Hardest part of the job would be the high call volume. Great atmosphere and wonderful and upbeat co workers
Pros
Free food; great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Great place to grow
SCRA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 8, 2014
I love Navy Federal. I have been working at headquarters for almost 4 years now and have moved up multiple levels since my start. It is a comfortable environment with great work life balance. There is a cafeteria, 24-hour gym, and many incentives to work as hard as you can for the membership. I simply love Navy Federal.
Pros
bonuses, job security, free gym
Cons
parking sucks if you arrive after 9
Productive place to work.
Tier 1 customer service (Former Employee) –  825 Fallin Ln. Vienna VJanuary 24, 2014
Busy dealing with customers in the phone also making all types of deposits to customers accounts in the proper way prepare receipt for customers. I did have a wonderful manager and supervisor most of the co- workers very nice to work with. Helping to balance the cash-flow in daily basis and also is somebody was not balance the supervisor was in charge for help.
Pros
very nice lunch area
Cons
i can not find any cons in this company
Productive workplace
Mortgage Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 3, 2012
Busy workplace always new files and loans coming in. Co workers were easy going, helpful and fun to work with. There were no hard points of the job but to try and get all the loans in your pipeline closed within 30 days. Enjoyed this job a lot. Always stayed busy. When there was no work they would move you around the company to help out in other departments.
Pros
job security
Cons
micro - management
Stay away from the call center
Team Coach (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 5, 2015
I worked for Navy Federal for over 5 years in various different departments. What I can say with certainty is that the Call Center in Winchester, VA is by far the WORST place to work. The management from the top down is terrible. Unlike other departments, you have no work life balance, instead you get penalized for everything that you do that is not up to their standards or the way that the scientific management is laid out for you.
Cons
the management
Navy Federal Credit Union caters to employees
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Pensacoula, Fl call centerMay 14, 2014
I enjoy my job, I have a Congenital Nystagmus that is not allowing me to preform at my maximum performance. I really don't want to leave such a great company. If I have known that eight hours on a computer would push me away. I never would have applied. NFCU is one of the best company's I have ever worked for.
Pros
nfcu is always giving employees something free.
Cons
i have no complants.
Wonderful and inspirational Environment
Service Continuity Intern (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 22, 2014
I have truly enjoyed my experience with Navy Federal. I believe it is a great company to work for and has exceptional benefit packages and work life balance. Some of the benefits I was inelligable for due to my intern status.

The best part of my job was my coworkers and the ability to work as a team, and individually on projects.

I have learned a fair amount about the IT department and am looking to persue my education within IT.
Tough to advance
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 8, 2014
Working at Navy Federal was a difficult experience. The people working there were excellent, but the management was tough to work with. There was also very little advancement potential unless you wanted to remain within the department you started with. Collections is what you'd expect it to be, with the hardest part of the job being getting yelled at by customers almost constantly, and the work is incredibly boring.
Pros
co-workers.
Cons
lack of advancement.
Great work enviroment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  winchester vaDecember 15, 2014
great place for advancement. Great team orientated work place. management was friendly for the most part, needed some improvements as far as handling co-workers issues, but was a great company for the most part
Job and life balance was some what of a issue. Hard at times when we was required to work 80 or more hours and sometimes with no weekends off. But was manageable after being there and getting use to the work enviroment.
Great job, but no room to advance up
Call Center Operations (CCO): MSR (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 11, 2013
Assisting members over the phone with online password resets, accessing members’ accounts through website, conducting banking transactions over the phone.
Achievements: Providing world-class member service to our Military Service Members and their families regarding their financial needs. Management isn't the best part to deal with. Not many opportunities to move up in desired field of interest.
A great place to work
Debit Card Services Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 16, 2012
It was a wonderful environment full of lovely people. Typically, the day for me began with managing my team's queue and completing and assigning questions to members of my team. From there, I went on to deal with call center employees and vendors for our debit cards. We handled dispute and fraud claims for debit cards and gift cards as well as dealing with branch employees questions.
friendly work environment
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 19, 2014
• Maintain knowledge of goals, objective and services provide by NCFU
• Actively seek new businesses and follow up appropriately
• Analyze and assist members in taking full advantage of their membership
• Advised members on various loans ranging from car loans, refinancing, consolidation loans and credit cards
• On average I'd see 15 members in my branch and 40 members by phone, through follow ups or leads from the pipeline
I'm currently employed with Navy Federal Credit Union
ACH Receipt Operations (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2015
This workplace teaches everyone that we're a large team in this game. And even more we're a family. I'm met the greatest people here at Navy Federal. I hope my future jobs are similar and I can hold the tears back when I leave someday.
Pros
Good Lunch, I love Shrimp Pizza.
Cons
Parking, like everywhere, it's growing!!!
Keep to yourself
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2015
Don't believe anyone when they say you can talk to them off the record. Before you know it you will be written up for something you did out of the office. Image is everything to this company. If a high ranking officer makes a complaint on you, you can lose your job.
Pros
You can get credit with them
Cons
They can take money from your account when they want
Fun Interactive Place to Work and Grow Sales Skills
Registered Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 15, 2014
Servicing client financial needs, no matter what goals the members have offering solutions that are in the best interest of the client.

Hardest part is leveraging business partners that were miles away to host client appointments

Rewarding to be able to offer solutions that save families financial lives.
Pros
consistent growth opportunities
Cons
limited branch staffing