Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Navy Federal Credit Union is one of the best places to work.
Refinance and Mortgage Processor/ Closer Level III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 12, 2015
Navy Federal offers their employees a career. There are a lot of incentives such as a competitive salaries, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, retirement plans with employer match, award-winning training programs, professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave and work/life programs.
Pros
There benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for. The management is helpful and the environment is positive. I would recommend this organization to anyone interested.
Review
bank teller (Former Employee) –  okinawa japanJuly 23, 2015
Navy Federal is a great company to work for with even greater opportunities for advancement. However, overseas management has no consistency in anything that they do whatsoever. Favoritism is often put to play here. Training can be botched due to the high turnover rate at times. Aside from that, I am sure that not every branch or region for that matter, operates in the same way.
Pros
great opportunity for advancement and great company president
Cons
horrible far east 1 management
Sr. Fraud Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at nfcu. I worked there for almost nine years. Its a family oriented environment, and benefits are great.
Pros
Fun place to work, employees are really nice
Cons
hard to move up
great company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 12, 2015
excellent benefits . work life balance is an issue depending on department. overall it is a nice place to work , no micro managing and ability to grow.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work life balance
Great Benefits
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  overseasJuly 6, 2015
Navy Fed treats their employees very well and the benefits are amazing. I enjoyed my time working there and only left due to my family relocating.
Perfect for military spouse's
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 4, 2015
This company gives employees the opportunity to transfer when spouse's PCS to their new duty station. Has a wonderful annual bonus program.
Qulaity Service for Military personell and their families.
member service representative II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2015
Typical day at work would be answering inbound calls from military families and other members of the credit union. Provided deatiled and general information on account; establishing membership; taking loan applications and titles calls and also servicing those applications and titling issues. Hardest part of the job would be the high call volume. Great atmosphere and wonderful and upbeat co workers
Pros
Free food; great benefits
Cons
short breaks
enjoyed working at Navy Federal Credit union
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 1, 2015
a typical day on the job consisted of printing loan documents to review once in the morning and once again the the afternoon. once loan documents were ready for the members to sign a phone call would be made to the member to notify them. I would review documents with members have members sign documents and disburse loan drafts.
Excellent Job Environment and Well Paid
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 29, 2015
A great place work and i have been a teller and do Transactions
Wester Union
Account Maintenance
Wire Transfer
ACH Origination
Credit card Maintenance
Pros
Well Paid, great benefit.
Cons
short breaks
Best Place I have worked for
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 26, 2015
I love to serve the Military Families. Navy Federal offers Team members a variety of training to better serve the members and help the team member in their career path.
Over the top micro-managing
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 24, 2015
I worked there for almost 2 years and even though I received a ton of commendations and certificates for scoring over 100% on my phone evaluations, I was still terminated due to "incidentals." I am a single mom and have two children. They get sick, it happens, it's life.... but they don't care. It's also impossible to promote as they make it very difficult and its very competitive with new and seasoned employees. Horrible work/life balance as well. Abusive members and takes a psychological toll on you from both sides.
Pros
compensation is better than most
Cons
no personal time and they watch you like a hawk. Always get into trouble for something
Great company to work for
Member Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Rockville MDJune 23, 2015
Great company to work for, been there for 7.5 years, now ready for a change.
Benefits are great as well as 401k.
Head Quarters is a great location to work, it has gym, food court etc.
very stable job
Loan and Credit Card Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 23, 2015
I enjoyed my co-workers and pay/benefits. The managers were not very professional (my opinion). The hours were a bit of an inconvenience. My days off changed from week to week so it was hard to schedule anything outside of work.
5 Star Company
Mortgage Loan Officer II (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 20, 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits! Good compensation, great employee perks, opportunity for growth. Love the company just ready to relocate.
GREAT!
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  PensacolaJune 17, 2015
This is an awesome place of employment. They do any and everything possible to help you grow and the pay is uncomparable!
Stay away from contact center
Team Coach (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 16, 2015
I have many other coworkers that work outside of the contact center within navy federal and they are extremely happy. its a great company to work for but the contact center is not a family friendly place to work.
Great Place to work.
Delinquency Control Councelor (Current Employee) –  Vienna VAJune 13, 2015
Call members who are past due on loans or credit card. Great group of co-workers. Hardest part of job is listening to members problems everyday.
remittance processor
Remittance Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  pensacola, flJune 11, 2015
I loved working here. They had amazing perks and had I not have moved out of the state I would still be working here. Great job!
benefits
Cons
times
This is a company you seldom get a chance to experience.
Personal Finance Management Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FlJune 11, 2015
Great culture, extremely professional, outstanding leadership, tremendous benefits, believe in their people and their success, opportunity for professional growth, great coworkers, on the Forbes list of top 100 companies to work for in America because they earned it and live by top leadership.
Pros
Leadership and culture
Cons
Could have been higher pay