Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Wonderful
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 3252621 June 2017
This is an excellent place to work. A typical day is very busy answering phone calls to assist members with their accounts. I have learned quite a lot working here.
Stressful, stressful, stressful
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL20 June 2017
I was so excited when I was offered a position in mortgage. However, my excitement turned to misery after being there a few months. We are swamped with loans. There are certain teams taking the brunt of the loans while others are just relaxing with their 15 to 20 loans. New management took over and they know nothing about the mortgage industry. They came from the contact center and have still not been trained in mortgage. How can you respect the word and ideas of people who do not understand the industry? Billion dollar months and loans closed under 30 days are expected but the technology is outdated and horrible to work with. It is very stressful right now and the constant criticism passed down from upper management is making the situation worse.
Benefits
Cons
Parking, traffic, and mortgage upper management
Fantastic Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rota, Spain19 June 2017
Fantastic company, Great co workers, Company had good ethics and career growth. Very understanding for military needs and family concerns. Offers great products that are easy to stand by.
Work
Electronic Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL19 June 2017
Great place to work. People and management were amazing. It's growing extremely fast. I needed to make a career change do to wanting to grow more. Nothing bad to say about a navy federal
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Leave
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA19 June 2017
This company offers great benefits and pay. It is a stressful job but management understands this and does everything to show appreciation for the hard work you do.
beautiful office
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CA16 June 2017
NFCU is extremely overwhelming at times. They consider their employees to be universal, therefore you really don't always know if your being informed with correct information. This branch had a large turnover of employees, and new management did not realize how demeaning they could be
Pros
beautiful location
Cons
unpredictable hours, high turnover & poor moral
Musical Supervisors
Consumer Loans Officer (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA15 June 2017
I enjoyed working at the NFCU for the first couple of months. It did not take long before it was apparent that management and supervisors rotated constantly at an alarming and uneasy rate. By providing supervisors with ability to personalize the routine, the consistency and goals our team had built had to be reset every month.
Awesome Place to Work
Insurance Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia14 June 2017
you can actually get spoiled working here. The pay is not the greatest but the benefits and perks are the best. the focus on work life balance. The culture is great
A good place to be
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA14 June 2017
While working here, I got to meet lots of people who were serious at their jobs. It is a corporate atmosphere. They have a lot of members so volume of work can be overwhelming in a typical day. I enjoyed the benefits and security of being with a reputable organization. The benefits is what makes this organization a good place to be.
Pros
benefits compensation
Cons
overwhelming volume of work
Navy federal had a good work/home balance.
Mortgage Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL12 June 2017
Navy Federal was a great place to work. They have a good work
/ home balance. They provide the employee with all the training they need. They try to keep it fun with different socials.
Pros
great hours
Cons
cant think of any

Want to know more about Navy Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question
Branch manager position was under microscopic scrutiny when I worked there 15 years ago
Member Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA10 June 2017
Branch manager position was under microscopic scrutiny in branches in or near HQ when I worked there 15 years ago. It may have improved since that time.
Great Company that works you hard
Supervisor, Mortgage Processing (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL8 June 2017
Navy Federal is a great organization. There is a ton of opportunity and the CEO is an incredible person that really cares about his employees. The company does work you extremely hard, every second, of every day, but the work you do is gratifying, and the benefits make it worth it.
Constant errors in the loan process from start to closing
Veterans Affair Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL8 June 2017
To many errors with loans contantly calling the members asking for documents that should have been collected in the beginning of the process. To worry about bonus then a clean process.
Benefits
Cons
Work Life balance
Great Benifites
Digital Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA5 June 2017
They have good benefits but the call center can be strenuous. The job isn't for everyone. They are dedicated to military members and their families. There are a lot of opportunities to grow within the company.
Benefits
Cons
Pay could be better
Great day at the office
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes, IL2 June 2017
The typical day at work is assisting members. Whether it be with cash handling or helping them with their existing accounts. It has been a great learning experience working here. The people are great to work with and it's nice to build relationships with members.
Pros
Materinity Leave
Cons
Supervisors
stressful and unfair workplace for the money they pay you
Counsel current and prospective members (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FL2 June 2017
The money they you is close to poverty level. They do not take into consideration the degree's anyone has nor do they care about you personally. Don't work here.
Navy Federal Credit Union
Intern (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA1 June 2017
It was a great work environment and it was great to be around people that were always willing to help and make sure that you are able to succeed. The department that I interned for showed that they were a team environment that always looked out for each other.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
There are none
It's not a job but a career.
Debit Card Fraud Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL31 May 2017
Definitely a GREAT place to work. I love the environment and the wonderful leadership. I loved working there. Only reason I left was because I had to move. Other than that I would still be working for a great company.
Pros
Potlucks, gym on site, healthcare benefits, the list goes on.
Cons
My job position was not available where I was moving.
Small company mindset, trying to fit into big shoes
Facility Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA26 May 2017
I would not recommend Navy Federal as a long term choice for employment.

The days are long and hard, there is an over-priced cafeteria, there is no parking for lower level employees at the Vienna campus, you can not leave for training or lunch off campus.
Pros
Hardworking team oriented employees, employee events
Cons
Selfish Leadership, inexperienced HR dept
Great Pay
Member Service Representative III, MLO (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SC26 May 2017
I love working with the members and helping them financially. The company as a whole is great to work for because NF does cater to it's members with products and services available to them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Home/work life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2