Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 28, 2015
This company provided environment to work independently as well as with group. They have some facilities provided that let us refresh our self to motivate for the work.
I'm currently employed with Navy Federal Credit Union
ACH Receipt Operations (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2015
This workplace teaches everyone that we're a large team in this game. And even more we're a family. I'm met the greatest people here at Navy Federal. I hope my future jobs are similar and I can hold the tears back when I leave someday.
Pros
Good Lunch, I love Shrimp Pizza.
Cons
Parking, like everywhere, it's growing!!!
Review
bank teller (Former Employee) –  okinawa japanJuly 23, 2015
Navy Federal is a great company to work for with even greater opportunities for advancement. However, overseas management has no consistency in anything that they do whatsoever. Favoritism is often put to play here. Training can be botched due to the high turnover rate at times. Aside from that, I am sure that not every branch or region for that matter, operates in the same way.
Pros
great opportunity for advancement and great company president
Cons
horrible far east 1 management
Great Workplace
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 6, 2015
Excellent work environment with great management. The company shows appreciation for it's employees. The atmosphere is welcoming from day one and the training is helpful.
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative II-MLO (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 22, 2015
Great branch management that ensured branch morale was always good. Not only about numbers but member satisfaction. Great opportunity to transfer to another branch.
I was sad to leave.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 16, 2015
I can't say I enjoyed the actual job, but that wasn't the company's fault. I loved the company. Banking just wasn't for me.
Pros
great benefits, healthy work culture, room to grow
Cons
only 30 min lunch, long day, being on the teller line is maddening
Qulaity Service for Military personell and their families.
member service representative II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2015
Typical day at work would be answering inbound calls from military families and other members of the credit union. Provided deatiled and general information on account; establishing membership; taking loan applications and titles calls and also servicing those applications and titling issues. Hardest part of the job would be the high call volume. Great atmosphere and wonderful and upbeat co workers
Pros
Free food; great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Supervisor, Branch Office (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NENovember 13, 2015
Best part of working at the Navy Federal Branch, the branch team and the Credit Union members. Wonderful way to support military and their families.
Great Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 18, 2015
Great company, love the member focus on military families. Great products and services are offered. Loved the fact they hired military families preferred.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No life balance
Long Hours
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCNovember 14, 2015
Very long hours. Most days worked until 7 pm and worked several Saturdays. It was a fun place to work, and build relationships with members
Over the top micro-managing
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 24, 2015
I worked there for almost 2 years and even though I received a ton of commendations and certificates for scoring over 100% on my phone evaluations, I was still terminated due to "incidentals." I am a single mom and have two children. They get sick, it happens, it's life.... but they don't care. It's also impossible to promote as they make it very difficult and its very competitive with new and seasoned employees. Horrible work/life balance as well. Abusive members and takes a psychological toll on you from both sides.
Pros
compensation is better than most
Cons
no personal time and they watch you like a hawk. Always get into trouble for something
It's a great company to work for
Member Service Representative II - Consumer loan (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 1, 2015
A lot of great benefits for employees. Professional work place with supportive management. Help you reach your career goal by providing training and classes
Great company with lots of opportunities and benefits
Contact Center Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  pensacola, flSeptember 12, 2015
I loved working for Navy Federal I only left the company to pursue my education. They would have even worked with me through that but I wanted to be home with my kids.
Company is great; some poor management
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 3, 2015
Navy Fed is an amazing company to work for. They have great pay and benefits, but believe me when I say... you really work for what you get. It takes a toll on you emotionally, which is a good route to learning structure and how to handle certain situations. There are members who will make you shake with anger or cry from frustration, but there are those who will take the time to appreciate you and compliment your efforts. You just literally have to be prepared for the unknown. Whatever schedule you get out of training, that's what you're stuck with until after your 6 month mark. You earn annual leave and sick leave with each paycheck, but be sure not to use it. Also, don't accidentally cross your supervisor. Make sure you follow hierarchy policies, even if it inconveniences the member you're speaking with; it could result in tension on a daily basis and huge disciplinary actions. You will be trained on the basics, but there is A LOT of on the job training, so be prepared and willing to continually learn. If you're a very family-oriented person, and needing a flexible schedule to accommodate them, this job isn't for you.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Stress
enjoyed working at Navy Federal Credit union
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 1, 2015
a typical day on the job consisted of printing loan documents to review once in the morning and once again the the afternoon. once loan documents were ready for the members to sign a phone call would be made to the member to notify them. I would review documents with members have members sign documents and disburse loan drafts.
This is a company you seldom get a chance to experience.
Personal Finance Management Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FlJune 11, 2015
Great culture, extremely professional, outstanding leadership, tremendous benefits, believe in their people and their success, opportunity for professional growth, great coworkers, on the Forbes list of top 100 companies to work for in America because they earned it and live by top leadership.
Pros
Leadership and culture
Cons
Could have been higher pay
Great benefits
Security Fraud Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 21, 2015
Overall it is a great company to work for. Only issues I have are growth with the company is difficult due to high volume of applicants within and pay is not as high as other competitors banks.
Good Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 1, 2015
This is a great company to work for, they give lots of perks to the employees. However the nature of the work in the call center is rather restrictive and personally I do not thrive in that type of environment.
member service rep
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kings Point, NYSeptember 10, 2015
great place to work just no room to grow in the new York city area. navy federal has great products and services. the benefits that the company provides for the employees are excellent
Its mediocre
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 7, 2015
Excellent compensation and benefits but not worth the everyday level of stress that is put upon you. Place for advancement.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Unsure of job security, high stress level

4.2