Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Impeccable place to work
Delinquency Control Counselor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VA4 November 2016
My day starts with reports, 250 calls exceeded, obtained product knowledge, great management support ,awesome team effort.
relieving financial strain
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Stressfull Commute
Credit Union
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL24 October 2016
Great company with tons of employee benefits. Competitive pay and bonuses. One of the best companies around. Amazing member service and really cares about their employees.
Okay workspace, very dictator-like
MSR (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA24 October 2016
Good benefits and compensation, terrible work/life balance, management not very efficient, very monotonous, good job for someone who doesn't like to be up and moving.
Good starter job but not a career
MSR (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA21 October 2016
The benefits provided were excellent but the salary is low and work/life balance does not exist. There is a high degree of micromanagement.
Pros
benfits
Cons
micromanagement
Eh it's a paycheck
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA18 October 2016
The compensation (medical and dental benefits) is great, the pay sucks. And the management...I can't begin to tell you how horrible it is. If you can't handle being tied to a phone for 8 hours a day in a call center this job is not for you. Don't expect to really advance anywhere unless you know someone who really suck up to someone. I've applied for 3 positions and got turned down and I'm a current employee. The pay I guess for a supervisor is good but not an MSR. I need to pay bills, and have a paycheck but I can't wait to find something better, better pay, better management, and again the pay for everything you have to do is way below scale. If you are just looking for a paycheck and can put up with not only supervisors BS and members BS then apply otherwise look elsewhere.
Pros
Free food at times
Cons
Management, pay, extremely hard to get time off
Very Challenging
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA18 October 2016
The training for this job was amazing. However, the job itself was very different from the experience on the floor. This is a very busy workplace but the benefits are amazing. Navy Federal is a very strict company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hours are not ideal.
Overall pretty great
Information Systems Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL14 October 2016
I enjoyed working at NFCU. I have worked in a couple different departments and can say the company culture is positively represented throughout most areas.
Great Enough
NFCU is a pretty great company to work with, I have no complaints. This was my first professional job out of college and I learned a lot about how to exist and succeed within a large company.
Navy Federal is a great company to work for
Check Processing Specialist-Outgoing Checks (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA10 October 2016
The company has a lot of growth opportunities and push for professional development. Navy federal is very big on health has a large workout center free to all employees and offer classes from 6 am in the morning to 6 pm in the evening daily.
Pros
Fully invested in the company after 2 years
Cons
Great health benefits and 401 K plan
Great Organization
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA10 October 2016
I worked at NFCU for seven years and I loved it. I left the company for a better paying job. Will definitely consider future employment in the future.
Pros
Positive working environment with growth potential
Cons
Salaries may be in the low ends.
Amazing Place to Work!
Member Service Representative ll (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CA6 October 2016
The work environment and the all around culture of this company is one that is rare. They believe that happy successful employees will result in happy satisfied members. They do everything they can to work with you on career goals, and help you achieve and become the best you can possibly be. Not to mention the pay and employee incentives alone are great reasons to consider this employer.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Great Pay
Cons
Hard to get Full Time
Navy federal credit union
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA2 October 2016
You are to help members calling in over the phone. Managment could be more supportive. A good job starting out, but it seems they give you less support the longer your there.
Poor Management
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VA25 September 2016
Have to stand all day, basically teach yourself everything you know, management is poorly chosen and everything has to be done in the back office. The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the members and some of the activities they have and we make up.
Pros
Wellness benefits, Yearly bonus
Cons
Work/life, time off, management
Micro managing and expendable employees.
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL24 September 2016
Management was a joke. They let me go due to "cultural fit" in other words they did not like me. Great company, but serious problem with management, they do not try to explore other options for employees or try to focus on improving their career. They treat their temps extremely bad as well. Would not ever want to work here again.
Pros
Facility, gym, amenities, location
Cons
Parking, management, software, bad treatment of employees/temps
Mortgage Processor
Mortgage Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL21 September 2016
Company was great to work for. Benefits were amazing. It was hard to balance the work life and personal life. Also, it was hard to make appointments and work
Navy Federal is a low stress work place.
Technical Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA19 September 2016
The Navy Federal Credit Union, is a great place to work and I have enjoyed my time working with Navy Federal professionals and learning software installs.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
No direction
Great Company with an Honorable Mission
Quantitative Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA8 September 2016
I greatly enjoyed my time as an intern at NFCU. My team members were very friendly and helpful. The company primarily serves military members and their families and takes pride in what they do.
very comfortable work environment
Assisting members (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA1 September 2016
I love assisting members and meeting new people. fast paced but very doable. I love the platform side more than the cash handling side but you get what you get. Manager's set the schedule and decide where you will be that particular day. I have had great managers who give you the option of flexibility when available to do platform even if I was scheduled for cash handling if I wasnt feeling very well.
Pros
quarterly incentives
Cons
n/a
Compensation/Benefits are excellent for entry level position
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA1 September 2016
*Assist members in very high call volume CCO (Account Services)
*Training was decent learned a great deal about banking
*Management can be hit or miss for myself my supervisor was great
*co-workers were friendly on my team, assist line however not so much
*hardest part of the job was the hours, and inconsistent schedule/angry public (but you'll have that anywhere)
*best part of the job was when the members were truly grateful for our help (which is a rare thing)
Pros
Compensation/Benefits are excellent for entry level position
Cons
Hours/days off. Very stressful overall
Great place to work with many perks and benefits
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL30 August 2016
There are many, many perks for working at Navy Federal. Working in Teams helps you and the Customer. The Customer relies on your knowlege to help them with their various Accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the Customers and being part of a Team.
Pros
Pay. Gym and Food on Premises.
Cons
The workload very seldom slows down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2