Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great establishment where you can have fun and have a career.
Test Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA11 June 2016
Navy Federal is a great company to work for. Excellent work environment with some amazing people. They don't just offer you a job, they offer you a career with great compensation and great benefits.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA8 June 2016
Navy Federal is a great place to work. I have learned a lot about mortgage lending. Management cares about employees and co-workers are fund to work with.
Great company to work for
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA8 June 2016
Great competitive salary. Co-workers are great. Did not like the micro management. They are also very strict with their policy
Pros
Lots of perks
Cons
Time management
If you love customer interaction, this job is for you.
Loan Processor-MSR (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KY1 June 2016
I've worked with NFCU for over 2 years now, and I love the overall culture and work environment. Of course there are some pros and cons but that's any job. But Navy Federal will make sure they compensate you for any bad days that you have.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
n/a
Secure job with great beneffits
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA23 May 2016
If you're looking for job security, Navy Federal is a great place to work. They have never done any layoffs in the 8 years I've worked. Their benefits package is awesome as well.
Great Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL18 May 2016
For those who are young and fit in, this is a great company to work for. Most of management and supervisors are young and in their 20's. The majority of those in contact center on the Gulf Coast are out of high school. If you fit in and upper management likes you, you are more likely to move up within the company. Some form opinions about others without knowing pertinent information. Based on what they perceive to be true instead of facts. A great company for the area, this is one of Forbes top 100 companies to work for in the United States. State of the art equipment and world star service for members and employees alike. Free classes to advance education and move up from within.
Pros
Continuing Education is encouraged
Cons
Poor work life balance
Decent worklife
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA13 May 2016
Can be overly stressful at times. Management sometimes expects you to 'take you time' but get members out of your office within 5 minutes. Co-workers are great.
Pros
Coworkers and members.
Love it
CCO Consumer loan (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA 2218012 May 2016
I love everything about this company , my bosses, coworkers, the customers. This is the nicest place with nicest people on earth that I've ever work with. And they're just down to earth so nice. If I didn't have to relocate due to family issues, I wouldn't leave. This is the kind of place and people that make you wanna stay for the job, and do more for the job.
Productive and conservative environment. Large building with a large campus including gym, cafe , and several personal lunch areas, outdoor trail.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA6 May 2016
A typical day at Navy Federal is a quite day filled with smiles. I've learned about Navy Federals corporate environment. Management there is stellar.My co-workers are supportive. The hardest part of my job is serving all of my customer due to the vast amount of employees there. The most enjoyable part of my day is solving problems a customer might experience.
Pros
Campus
Great Benefits but very demanding OT
Delenquincy Control Couselor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA4 May 2016
A typical day at work: Long hours and a lot of mandatory OT
What I learned: I learned to calm down irate members and how to resolve situations.
Management: Management is tricky especially when you are young. The managers in the "Collection Dept" only care about themselves.
Hardest Part of the Job: The 3 hour daily commute not including the crazy mandatory OT.
Most enjoyable part of the Job: Interacting with new individuals everyday.
Worst position in the Mortgage industry
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  California4 May 2016
With 15 years in the mortgage industry, this is by far the worst position I have ever had. Its impossible to meet their expectations in a normal 8 hour shift. Your slaved to your desk and required to work overtime. You can forget about having a life or seeing your children at night. Only thing managers care about is making the numbers. Its unfortunate because Navy Federal is a good company. Its the mortgage division that is a nightmare!

Over whelming work load, 60 to 100 in the pipeline
Processors are overloaded too so a lot of closing are delayed
Mandatory overtime
On call until 9pm 365 days a year
Co workers are crying from the work load (literally)
No life/work balance
Low quality training
No management support
$50 for closing 11 loans in a month incentive
Micromanaging
Understaffed
List goes on
Pros
Pimp, benifits
Cons
managers, incentives, low moral. very stressful environment
Great Company Model
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GA27 April 2016
* Good managers make or break the environment
* The company model is very good.
* Takes great care of military members
* Needs more IT processes ( very manual system)
Supervisor of Branch Operations
Supervisor of Branch Operations (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MS25 April 2016
Do not work here in management if you care about your family life. The first and only three months of my career here, I was thrown to the wolves. I was told hired on, Saturdays were rotated to once every three weeks between three managers. I worked every Saturday up until my last day. There is great training tools and web training available. The MSRs at my location were very nice and understanding during my time there. There were high turnover for the position I held and I can tell why. There is no compassion from the branch manager to any associates. It's strictly business. And if you do something wrong, it will never be forgotten. The feedback program is not accurate. It will asks for your immediate supervisor, which is not the branch manager, unless you're the assistant manager writing a review. So the actual root of the problem will never be addressed.
Pros
rewards, pay
Cons
management
Great Workplace with Huge Potential Career Growth
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL22 April 2016
World class training
Excellent Supervisors
Branch and Call Centers are both great places to work
Huge Potential for Career Growth
Great Benefits
Already did one.
Member Service Representative Account Services (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA21 April 2016
I already did one for nfcu. but it took me back to this page. I did not want to do another so i typed about 20 words. So there.But this thing keeps telling me that i haven't reached 20 so here's another line.
A decent place to work
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA19 April 2016
In most departments, you feel like you are working with family. Management is easy to get along with and people tend to stay a long time at their positions. This makes it hard to advance in the same department; however, there is still ways to move up through networking.
Pros
If you know the right people, you'll advance well.
Cons
If you are not well known, you may get stuck in one area.
Member Service Representative/Vault Custodian (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA19 April 2016
Depends on which branch location you work at. Training is fairly easy and interactive. The hardest part of the job is being consistent with members when they are being told one thing by other branches or over the phone via contact center.
Pros
Flexible leave, Training in all areas, Great Insurance
Great Place to work
Designer and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA15 April 2016
Navy Federal is a great place to work with good benefits and lots of extras for the employees. They are very good at educating you so that you can find your future.
Pros
Discounts on local events, Gym
Cons
Mortgage production side of company has poor work/life balance.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA13 April 2016
NFCU as a company is a great place to work if you are not in their call center or with their mortgage operations. Unfortunately, I was a loan officer there. During the interview, they show you the ping pong table and foosball table in the break room. What they don't tell you is that you will NEVER have time to play them. Or see your kids in the evenings for that matter.

If you are coming to NFCU for IT, finance/accounting, management, definitely come on in, benefits are excellent... but if you are in the mortgage industry, consider this your warning.
Pros
Work with a good group of people
Cons
Mortgage Supervisors/Management too concerned over their job security to care about you.
Ok
WebSphere System Admin (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA11 April 2016
Not the company for challenging people. If you want the freedom you better not even consider. Low Pay period period. Low quality management. co-workers have low vision, no flexibility. most enjoyable part of is u have to think that you will not loose the job.

4.2