Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ1 October 2017
#1 focus was customers service
Stay busy throughout the day
Great place to work and learn different areas within the job
Most enjoyable part of the job isearch helping the members
Pros
Great team
Cons
Branch manger needs to work on how to communicate with their team
It is what it was
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL30 September 2017
A nice place to work, benefits are good, perks are good, the parking was not as good, there never seemed to be enough available parking no matter how many lots were added. The parking garage was an annoying maze to get out of. The employment always superseded the parking spaces.
Tremendous Expansion
Escrow Analysis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL28 September 2017
While re-locating it's corporate headquarters to Pensacola, Florida, Navy Federal Credit Union has recently built numerous buildings there. The company has added hundreds of new jobs.
Great Company
Member Service Representative - Cash Handler (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA26 September 2017
Management was okay. Working schedule is somewhat flexible. Benefits includes a lot, plus tuition assistance and annual bonuses. I think there was a Christmas bonus too.
Fun work place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camp Humphreys22 September 2017
Enjoyed working at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our staff was team focus, hard working, customer service relationships, opening accounts and managing the current accounts.
Pros
Team focused
Cons
ANeed more jobs in the US
Fun enviroment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL22 September 2017
You would come in and work hard and keep the pace so when something came about-special occasion or birthdays we could enjoy the fun. New ways to process and deal with military employees under large amounts of stress. Management was good, some more than others, Taking on a new supervisor not use to the type of atmosphere and wanted to change it all. The people I worked with and for, it was a joy to help the people protecting me and my family and being able to give a sliver back to the men and women that protect us.
Pros
New manager
Cons
people working side by side with
Stressful
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA20 September 2017
This is a stressful job. You accumulate vacation that you can't use. It's micromanaged. Too much is expected of you. It's just awful. The only good thing is the benefits.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Everything else.
productive
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA19 September 2017
management the worst. no structure. enjoyed assisting clients. management very unfair. they picked on me and didn't create a good or healthy environment, especially me being pregnant.
Productive, can be fun
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA19 September 2017
tight shift, constant monitoring, good benefits/compensation. friendly environment, training sessions. accountability is crucial, need to use their system well
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can be stressful
great
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Largo, MD18 September 2017
I'm not interesting in banking my whole life but navy fed is a great job to get in if you can its highly prestigious and if you get in ride the train as long as you can.
Great company
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA16 September 2017
I really enjoyed working here for the most part. The salary is hindered by the perks they offer even if you can't make use of all the perks. The work location was very comfortable and laid back.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, employees
Cons
Pay, career advancement
Call Center Misery
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA13 September 2017
I worked in the call center in the loans department. It was miserable. A typical day consisted of back to back calls, random technical issues/system outages, and constantly being yelled at by customers. Management is obsessed with stats and to them you're nothing more than a number. You have to work with other departments but nothing is consistent so you'll go back and forth with other call center reps as well. The pay is better than other call centers from what I've heard and the benefits are great. If you work in the evening prepare to pack lunch because the cafeteria isn't open late despite the large number of evening employees. Don't expect any time off without being hassle and guilt tripped. I ended up quitting because the job was stressing me to the point of panic attacks, chest pains, and depression. 6 of my colleagues I trained with left for the similar reasons. Oh, and don't expect to move out of the call center. There is virtually no advancement. From what I've heard everywhere but the call center is great but if you're in the call center prepare for misery.
Pros
Cafeteria, free parking, benefits, discounts
Cons
stressful, strict, not flexible with time off, no advancement
This company is the best company I have worked for.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WA12 September 2017
I have never had a company that I worked for so good to their employees. The benefits and bonuses are great. 401k matches up to 7 percent which is also great!
Good job
Credit Card Resolution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA12 September 2017
NFCU is a great place to work. As a Resolutions Specialist, I worked directly with our members and Member Services Representatives to resolve any escalated concerns they came to me with. I enjoyed the fact that there was always something new to learn.
Pros
Wonderful team to work with.
Cons
I feel there focus is shifting away from what it was when I was first hired.
Great place to work for
ISD Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA12 September 2017
This was a good place to work for. Work/life balance is great. Management is great. My only negative point is expanding knowledge and allowing the employee to take on new systems although it is very busy environment and sometimes it is hard to do so.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, challenging work, great management
Cons
Allow for more growth
No Advancement Oppurtunties
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA11 September 2017
The only way to get anywhere in this company is to become best friends with someone in upper management and then be a yes man or woman for the rest of your career. Management does not like free thinkers.
Pros
Benefits and Job Security
Cons
Toxic office politics, limited advancement
Member Service Rep
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO11 September 2017
Navy was a great gig to have. They seek to take care of their employees and promote health and fitness. With no banking experience I started Full-Time at $14.60/ hr.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Hours, Rapport
Cons
Different managing styles
Decent pay and great benefits
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA9 September 2017
The pay is decent and the benefits are wonderful. Work life is VERY poor and promotions are given based on OT worked and it's competative. Management is decent.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, professional training courses
Cons
Micromanaged, poor work/life, promotions are very competative.
poor leadership
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE8 September 2017
175% goal achievement in sales and no raise.
Management lacked ability to develop different levels of employees to job tasks. Unethical behaviors and lack of banking knowledge left management unable to support growth of those they supervised.
Pros
excellent company, mission, salary, benefits
Cons
corporate distance to branch left subordinates adrift, trapped by great pay/benefits
consumer loans specialist
Member Service Representative II, Consumer Loans (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL5 September 2017
tyipcal day at navy federal, i go in get signed in to the systems, and start taking calls, working in the call center you dont get much time off the phones, unless your going to break and have to use the restroom. the other employees around you always try to help make the day go by faster or smoother after and rough call that may come in, hardest part of the day is just sitting at your desk for 8 hours a day doing the same thing over and over again. most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that you do get to change peoples life sometimes when trying to assist with loans or other financial things they wnat to acheive
Pros
paid breaks, and full lunch room
Cons
horrible management, and being stuck on the phones daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3