Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Benefits
Senior Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: student tution
Cons: n/a
Excellent work environment for mothers, great benefits and advancement.
Productive and good experience
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington Park, MDJanuary 14, 2015
learned good work ethics
learned patience skills
learned stronger office skills
learned attention to detail
given more responsibility with vault authority
learned customer service
Great Place to work.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: everything.
Cons: no cons.
Navy Federal in these past 7 months so far has been absolutely amazing. The staff is so nice and helpful. The work environment has been great. This is by far the most enjoyable job I have held in which I look forward to coming to work. Great company to work. I am proud to be a representative.
Very Stable Company
Equity Processor and Closer (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: stable company, customer service, great benefits
Cons: compensation
When I worked at NFCU I loved the company. I enjoyed my job and all of my co-workers. I processed Home Equity Loans at the time. My typical day consisted of collecting data from customers, scheduling closing, approving loans and closing loans. This was a one stop system that did everything at once. The hardest part of the job is when the market slowed down and there was not much work to do.
Stay away from the call center
Team Coach (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: the management
I worked for Navy Federal for over 5 years in various different departments. What I can say with certainty is that the Call Center in Winchester, VA is by far the WORST place to work. The management from the top down is terrible. Unlike other departments, you have no work life balance, instead you get penalized for everything that you do that is not up to their standards or the way that the scientific management is laid out for you.
Great Benefits
Market Research Strategist (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Navy Federal provides a great work/life balance. They understand how important family is.
Very productive daily schedule
Loan Officer, Full Time (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Learned a lot about mortgages and members and how to manage debts and requirements to own your own house .
Great second job
Delinquency Control Adviser (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Great for a second job if you have a family. Very cliquish and must know folks for growth within company.
Great work enviroment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), winchester vaDecember 15, 2014
great place for advancement. Great team orientated work place. management was friendly for the most part, needed some improvements as far as handling co-workers issues, but was a great company for the most part
Job and life balance was some what of a issue. Hard at times when we was required to work 80 or more hours and sometimes with no weekends off. But was manageable after being there and getting use to the work enviroment.
Great environment
Work on the teller line cashing checks (Former Employee), Saint Robert, MODecember 14, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: management does not have your back
Enjoyed the people I worked with and the members that came in
A typical work day
Security Fraud Specialist (Current Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 13, 2014
A typical day includes managing a variety of fraud cases i.e. money laundering, return checks, ATM fraud, fraudulent deposits and loans.
Enjoyable and Productive place to work with many employee benefits.
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Winchester, VADecember 12, 2014
Pros: a well organized and informative business.
Cons: amount of time needed to get time off.
Eight hours on the phones helping customers.

I learned a lot about credit unions, loans, stock, CD's and much more.

The management was awesome. I loved working there. They were so helpful if you had questions, and always there for you.

My co-workers were awesome as well. We all worked together as a team and were very productive.

The job wasn't that hard. It was difficult getting time off because you had to give 20 days notice and you don't always have 20 days notice to give.

I loved everything about my job!
Exciting career
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 8, 2014
Love the company, great benefits, great work environment, excellent salary. Good place for advancement
Think Twice about applying.
MSR I (Current Employee), Winchester, VADecember 1, 2014
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: everything else
The most unprofessional work environment I have worked in during my vast work history. Very oppressive, demeaning, degrading, clickish, backstabbing, duplicitous, dishonest atmosphere imaginable. Promotions are not given based on experience rather how much you are liked, akin to being back in Middle School environment. Management consistently misleads and lies to employees and HR regularly violates employee confidentiality by reporting conversations directly to supervisors. Constantly moving bar on performance that makes satisfactory evaluations nearly impossible to achieve. No regard to medical conditions of employees. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. They do pay well for the area, but that's how they get you in and with the pay rate that is the main reason people stay, because it is nearly impossible to go elsewhere in the general area and make what they are paying. You shouldn't have to be heavily medicated to stay in your primary place of employment as most employees are at this location. The company as a whole is a Very good company, again just not this location which is a shame because they are the number 1 employer in the area. Turn over rate is staggering, continuous hiring on a monthly basis as countless employees simply abandon their positions being pushed to their limits and walking out. All that being said, if you are considering applying and have a job that you are currently happy with, STAY THERE; if you need a job as a stepping stone or to get you back on your feet, keep it that don't get STUCK here as many do.
Navy Federal Credit Union Assistant Branch Manager
Assistant Manager of Branch Operations (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 28, 2014
Navy Federal has been great to my the last almost 7.5 years. Each location I have worked at has been a bit different. As a summary for my entire employment I would so that they have taught me to transition change quickly and seamlessly. The hardest part of my job really has been constantly adjusting. The company will move employees around to near by locations to suit the branch needs. My most enjoyable part of my job is watching my employees grow.
NFCU likes to have employer /employee interaction
MORTGAGE PROCESSOR / CLOSER (Current Employee), FloridaNovember 23, 2014
Navy Federal Credit Union is a company that is very accommodating to their employees with issues/medical conditions.

Navy Federal offers their employees great benefits packages at a reasonable cost, which is great since health care is so expensive.
friendly work environment
Member Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, VANovember 19, 2014
• Maintain knowledge of goals, objective and services provide by NCFU
• Actively seek new businesses and follow up appropriately
• Analyze and assist members in taking full advantage of their membership
• Advised members on various loans ranging from car loans, refinancing, consolidation loans and credit cards
• On average I'd see 15 members in my branch and 40 members by phone, through follow ups or leads from the pipeline
Very professional environment with excellent pay and benefits
NFCU MOBILE DEPOSIT PROCESSING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: n/a
I had a great experience working at Navy Federal Credit Union. Would recommend this company to those who work hard and are willing to support others. Very professional environment.

* Typical day at work- managed Mobile Deposits

* Navy Federal created a culture of team building and unity

* Excllent benefits

* Compatable pay

* Promoted GREEN
Fun place to work
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: catered lunch, comapny bonuses, company outings.
Cons: benefits offered
A typical day at work is working a 8 hour shift helping others with their financial needs and decisions. I've learned to put myself in their shoes when assisting. My coworkers are a great group of people I enjoy working with we get along fairly well. The hardest job is accuracy, not making any major mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the company reward us for doing a good job servicing their members, with company outings and events, bonuses, etc. .
Very professional and reliable job. Can make this your career.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay and compensations
Cons: can become very busy through out the day
Very resourceful and easy on the job training. Able to pick up what you learn from the job and carry it with you towards your professional life.

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos

WEAR RED CAMPAIGN....WEAR RED TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS:)