Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Account service with great peolpe
CONTACT CENTER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  pensacola flaOctober 5, 2015
I was very well trained to handle a variety of financial needs for our currently serving, retired and family members of the United States Military. Balancing accounts, applications for new loans or credit cards, western unions and international bank wires.
My team members became family. We shared birthdays, celebrated accomplishments, encouraged each other and stood together to be recognized multiple times by not only NFCU but CUNA.
Pros
insurance
Cons
military payday always short handed of staff
Phenomenal Company
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 13, 2015
Navy Federal is a great company to work for. I have banked with them for over 12 years, but I honestly couldn't tell you which side of the desk is better. They truly care about their employees as much as they do their members.
Member services
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working with all branches of the Military on a daily basis.

Went through intensive computer training designed solely for the credit union to handle Member banking.

Co-workers were wonderful to work with

Hardest part of the job was dealing with Members who were angry and frustrated.
Great Place to Work
Equity Processor (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 14, 2016
One of the best employers I have ever worked for. Benefits are absolutely amazing and the commute from any Northern VA, Maryland or DC location is amazing.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Don't do it
MSR (Former Employee) –  DIBERVILLESeptember 24, 2015
The credit union itself is great but this branch is a major NO. The manager and Asst. Manager have issues like bipolar. The worst place I've work and I have done banking before. We went through 5 MSR representatives in matter of a few month and the manager had many complaints against her. When they run the portions of people getting money for referrals they work you like a dog and don't want to give any breaks or lunches. Some girls went almost 6 hours and no break. Beware of this branch she can't keep help.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Worst management ever
Many learning experiences
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rota, ANOctober 15, 2015
Every week staff worked in a diffrent part of the business. From being a teller, greeter, to office duties. No two problems were the same with members. I learned a lot in the office area. Helped members with loans, helping with their finances to just fixing their debit cards.
Pros
Staff
Cons
No way to be promoted. Only because we are oversea.
Productive fun work place with emaculent facility and people.
Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 8, 2015
Get to work at 6AM and leave at 3PM. I learn how to be a leader and how to treat people with respect. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking advantage of all the amenities such as a pool, game room, nature trail and beach volley ball court.
Good place to work for
Member Service Representative/ MLO (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work consist of managing members accounts and providing the members with excellent customer service.
Great co workers, however extremely hard advancement opportunities.
Hardest part of the job is advancing to the next level. Best part is job security and great benefits.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Great benefits
Processing loans is an overwhelming task. You spend the day answering phone calls, email etc. Too many loans on one processor's desk.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2015
I feel that the training is more than adequate and I will be forever greatful for the opportunity. There is just so much to do and not enough time in any give day to do it. The job responsibilities are just too much for one person. If things were split up a bit so the processors weren't as overwhelmed I would probably still be there. It is fulfilling work and they recognize every accomplishment.
Pros
Lot of perks, free lunches, they seem to feed you all the time, excellent resources ther are 2 gyms on campus and even Starbucks!, the money is great!
Cons
lots of hours
fun place to work
Corporate Marketing Representative II (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 12, 2015
It is a great place to work love the people. I think it was a great learning experience. I think it will continue to grow. I appreciate everything I have learned from there. I think that there is a reason for why it is a top 100 company.
Pros
flexible
Good company, but feel they discriminate against age.
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 7, 2016
A typical day in training involved arriving at 5pm and working until 1:30pm. The class was taught by people who were younger than most of the class. There were six people over 40 in the class. All who were pulled aside the second week into training and told that if their skills did not improve they could be terminated. It seemed they were pulled aside weekly and told the same thing. The trainers had no control of the class and while others finished assessments quickly, those who didn't had to deal with high level of noise while trying to concentrate. They tell you they don't want you to memorize anything but be able to navigate their system. Their system does not provide answers to all inquiries from members. Even trainers had a hard time determining answers at times. The Vice President visited the class one night to give her speech. I was not impressed by her. She did not seem professional at all. The most enjoyable part was getting to know class members, the hardest part was trying to concentrate knowing you have been threatened with termination.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Micro management, schedules and very stressful
Best Place I ever worked
Manager, Branch Office (Current Employee) –  Guantanamo Bay, CubaJanuary 7, 2016
I have learned so much about banking and serving those who serve us. I love the culture of Navy Federal and how well the company takes care of the employees.
great training not as quick to advance as they say
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 7, 2015
offer a lot of training opportunities, one of the best places I've worked. Typical day is answering phone calls, no time to socialize. Very structured and efficient
extremly stressfull job
CONTACT CENTER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 29, 2015
position in its self is enjoyable if you like customer service. But the company and all its restrictions makes the job unbearable. Your told how to talk, you can't be natural. You get 1hr per month to use the restroom. Can not get time off when needed for Dr's apts, family emergency etc. your calls are montored and graded constantly.
Pros
benifits and pay
Cons
all the restrictions, the bigest 1 hr per month to use the bathroom
Great pay, just stressful no work life balance at all
Member Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2015
NFCU means well but they over do it with requirements once you start the job. I got this kind of job in the contact center to avoid telemarketing jobs or having to be a sales person period, that's just not my thing. In which "GEM" (guiding and engaging members) is their substitute for being a salesman. Moving up is hard by meeting those requirements. Work life balance is terrible!
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks, work life balance
Very interesting place to work
Memeber Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed meeting the different men and women from DOD . The different backgrounds and experiences they share is really interesting .In this job you really build a relationship with the members because they are trusting you with they're personal information . I always enjoyed working with my co workers we were like one big family, some were military wives some weren't. It was hard to get close to some of them because they may only be there for a short time . I really enjoyed being a teller/MSR because I gained a lot of knowledge in finance.
Pros
bonuses for great peromance and oppotunities for advancement
Prouctive
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 19, 2016
What I've learned at Navy Federal was how to be productive in a high intensity work environment and how to execute timely deadlines.
Great Company
Delinquency Control Counselor I/II/III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 5, 2015
Great Company, Great Benefits. I had a great time working there. I learned very much about he world of banking. Gained great skills in several different fields.
Navy Federal Credit Union is one of the best places to work.
Refinance and Mortgage Processor/ Closer Level III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 12, 2015
Navy Federal offers their employees a career. There are a lot of incentives such as a competitive salaries, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, retirement plans with employer match, award-winning training programs, professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave and work/life programs.
Pros
There benefits
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 7, 2015
Compensation and benefits a plus. Great company to work for especially if you enjoy working with people. Co-workers are a nice bunch of people to work with. The most rewarding part of working for NFCU was helping members with their financial needs.

4.2