Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE, POSITIVE, FUN PROJECTS TO GET TEAM MOTIVATED
Loan Processor/Closer (Former Employee), Herndon, VADecember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits package, self management
Cons: work life balance was lacking, as there was excessive overtime to deal with the abundance of applications.
TYPICAL DAY INVOLVED SELF MANAGING YOUR OWN MEMBERS SIMULTANEOUSLY AROUND, 80+, AND DEALING WITH AN ABUNDANCE OF PHONE CALLS.
LEARNED TEAM WORK AND TEAM MOTIVATION.
THE MOST ENOJYABLE PART OF THIS JOB WAS KNOWING HOW MANY THANKFUL MEMBERS WERE IN YOUR HANDS TO HELP WITH THEIR LOANS.
MOST DIFFICULT TASK WAS KEEPING A CONSTANT EXTREMELY ORGANIZED WORKSPACE, – more... THIS IN TURN WENT HAND IN HAND WHEN DEALING WITH THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS AND MEMBERS TO MEET OUR QUOTA AND KEEP THE TEAM AT THE TOP. – less
Wonderful Place to Work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Vienna, VADecember 5, 2013
Pros: a lot of job sponsored events
Cons: short breaks, strict leave policy
There is a reason this company is on the Forbes Top 500 places to work. The company really cares about the employees and the job culture is contagious.
Best suited for the single workaholic
Collections Counselor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 26, 2013
I enjoyed the pay check but it was not meant for someone who has a family, you are always expected to put Rent A Center first by the time you get home your kids are asleep and your to tired to spend time with your spouse.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2013
Great company! Beware of third party hiring agencies.

I loved the gym and the cafeteria.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful for new employees.
Fast paced, minimal local supervision
Information Systems (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2013
Pros: decent work atmosphere and coworkers
Cons: cultural lack of "ownership" for resolution of it problems
There's a lot of "buck passing" and lack of ownership in NFCU's information systems group. This leads to completely unnecessary work loads and system downtime for internal customers (and impacts member service). Very reactive rather than proactive IT environment. Significant difference in pay scales between FL and VA for same job.
Not real happy with their slowness to make us permanent NFCU employees. All Aerotek employees were laid off, just not fair since we worked off butts
Mortgage Support Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 8, 2013
Pros: gave us snacks at holidays. had a xmas bonus once.
Cons: moved us constantly throughout the building.
There were tons and tons of personalities to deal with which was okay with me because I'm usually the 'peacemaker'... The hardest part of the job was when they constantly moved us from desk to desk from downstairs to upstairs... never ever felt settled. Most enjoyable part of the day was lunch time really because we had free use of the gym. Plus, it – more... was open 24/7... Overall was a good place to work but kinda far... approx 45 min from my house. – less
Good Company
Delinquency Control Counselor II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 8, 2013
NFCU is an overall great company there are different pros and cons depending on the particular department you work for.
Great Company
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), anyNovember 3, 2013
This company is dedicated to their employees. I always felt properly rewarded for my good work. Training was done in a way that promoted learning and good will between employees.
Great working environment
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 31, 2013
Pros: onsite cafeteria, gym, dry cleaning
Cons: no job security
Great working environment!

As a mortgage loan closer, with a National Mortgage License, I worked with various products and loan types, closing loans throughout the United States. While at Navy Federal I worked with paperless file processing and multiple mortgage systems including Unifi, eClient and RemoteDocs to assist in preparing the loan figures – more... as well as preparing and sending mortgage loan documents packages to the settlement agent. As a closer I reviewed, corrected and approved the HUD-1 for final closing figures as well as sending wires. The most rewarding aspect was maintaining relationships with title companies, processors, loan officers and most importantly the members. – less
NFCU
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2013
a great company to advance with if the opportunity is there for advancement
Highly productive
Equity Processor/Closer (Former Employee), Vienna, VAOctober 19, 2013
In the mortgage boom era, my teammates all gave our best in serving our members. A great place of learning with knowledgeable people al around!
work day
TSYS Debt Management Contract (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: cross trained
I loved working for navy federal credit union it was a fun and fast pace call center I liked the people I worked with and worked for! the hardest part of the job was finding the customer who had a neg balance for them to pay it off !! I was a skip tracer for that acct!
Enjoyable and pleasant work enviroment.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaOctober 16, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and compensation.
Cons: very little advancement for branch operation team members.
Navy Federal is all about practicing Team Playing. We build and maintain strong cohesive teams for a successful end result.
Very fun, friendly, family oriented environment
Credit Card Account Specialist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 11, 2013
loved working there. The potential for growth is definitely there. I was part time when working there and I was able to pick up overtime which allowed me to have a full time pay check. I only left because a full time schedule was not available and I was offered full time work elsewhere.
Navy Federal
Call Center Financial Assistance Rep (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: clean and good solid company
Cons: test daily and having to learn every product they offer in 3 weeks
Navy Federal Credit Union is a great company to work for. I was in training with lots of information to be learned in a very short time. Management is friendly but they push you way to hard to learn everything in short time. Everyone was stressed out daily with all the test you had to take. Learning everything is the hardest part so much material you – more... have to know before you hit the floors to answer calls. You have to be knowledge in all fields. – less
Challenging workplace
Account Specialist (Former Employee), pensacola, flOctober 9, 2013
Provide customer service via telephone to members 8 hours a day. I developed great communication and speaking skills. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with upset members.
Great learning experience in the mortgage industry
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 4, 2013
Pros: clean and neat environment. great cafeteria.
Cons: parking, too structured, lack of professionalism in some of the supervisors
Not impressed with work ethic in the department I was in with this company. Hired as a contactor, the 4 week training period was the best and most helpful of the employment time for me. As far as being in the Closing Dept, there is so much lacking. I will say that the fellow team members were outstanding in helping you understand any questions or problems – more... you might come across. Excellent team work! But, so many long and sad faces each day in that dept. made me wonder what the problem was. After 2 wks, I realized. The condescending conduct used by some of the Supervisors , was completely out of character and unexcusable, let alone far from professional. Their job was to manage and train the employees to be successful, professional, and confident in their jobs. Instead....you were spoken to, or snapped and "growled" at, should I say, when you asked a simple question or made a mistake. This type of attitude sets a person up for failure. Not success. A person should be excited to come to work each day and give their 100%. Not dread coming into work only to give half of their all. One could not possibly learn all there is to learn in this business in 4 wks. Especially with weekly changes being made to policies and procedures. Also, I learned that personal friends made while I was employed there, are not allowed to talk to the employees that got released this week. I truly think there should be some attention given to this department from the superiors of this company. Maybe even higher than that. Have a blessed day! – less
Wonderful Environment
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 3, 2013
Pros: gym
I loved the environment at Navy Federal, everyone was so professional and there was always something exciting going on whether it was a fund raiser, an appreciation day with sweet treats or even free shirts. Unfortunately I was hired as a contractor, no indication of it being brief based off of the work load and hours expected to work and 10 of us were – more... all laid off Oct 1. I was in training with Navy Federal which was one of the things I loved most about the company. I learned a lot about customer service, phone etiquette, and how to assist loan officers on day to day tasks to help lower their work load so they could be more productive with their job. – less
Largest credit union in the world had a lot of resources
Cash Operations Manager (Former Employee), Groton, CTOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great learning experience and exposure for my success.
Cons: worked 6 days/week and was almost 30 miles away
This was a very busy office for service members and was incredibly busy in that location. Cash operations had to maintain cash accounts for minimum liquidity and maximum investment. I met the challenge to maintain limits on cash but met all the needs of the members.
Stable place to work
Manager (Current Employee), USOctober 1, 2013
Navy Federal truly cares about its members. They will never push a product a member does not need. The organization has grown and is trying to keep up with changes in technology.

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos