Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work for
Member Service Representative/ MLO (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Advancement opportunities
Cons: Great benefits
A typical day at work consist of managing members accounts and providing the members with excellent customer service.
Great co workers, however extremely hard advancement opportunities.
Hardest part of the job is advancing to the next level. Best part is job security and great benefits.
Don't do it
MSR (Former Employee), DIBERVILLESeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Good benifits
Cons: Worst management ever
The credit union itself is great but this branch is a major NO. The manager and Asst. Manager have issues like bipolar. The worst place I've work and I have done banking before. We went through 5 MSR representatives in matter of a few month and the manager had many complaints against her. When they run the portions of people getting money for referrals they work you like a dog and don't want to give any breaks or lunches. Some girls went almost 6 hours and no break. Beware of this branch she can't keep help.
Great benefits
Security Fraud Coordinator (Current Employee), Vienna, VASeptember 21, 2015
Overall it is a great company to work for. Only issues I have are growth with the company is difficult due to high volume of applicants within and pay is not as high as other competitors banks.
I was sad to leave.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VASeptember 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits, healthy work culture, room to grow
Cons: only 30 min lunch, long day, being on the teller line is maddening
I can't say I enjoyed the actual job, but that wasn't the company's fault. I loved the company. Banking just wasn't for me.
Processing loans is an overwhelming task. You spend the day answering phone calls, email etc. Too many loans on one processor's desk.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Lot of perks, free lunches, they seem to feed you all the time, excellent resources ther are 2 gyms on campus and even Starbucks!, the money is great!
Cons: lots of hours
I feel that the training is more than adequate and I will be forever greatful for the opportunity. There is just so much to do and not enough time in any give day to do it. The job responsibilities are just too much for one person. If things were split up a bit so the processors weren't as overwhelmed I would probably still be there. It is fulfilling work and they recognize every accomplishment.
Way to many test to take
Call Center Financial Assistance Rep (Former Employee), Winchester, VASeptember 13, 2015
Navy Federal is great company but they have way to many test to take and do. You must take so many test everyday when your in training mode. It's crazy.
Great company with lots of opportunities and benefits
Contact Center Representative/Trainer (Former Employee), pensacola, flSeptember 12, 2015
I loved working for Navy Federal I only left the company to pursue my education. They would have even worked with me through that but I wanted to be home with my kids.
member service rep
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Kings Point, NYSeptember 10, 2015
great place to work just no room to grow in the new York city area. navy federal has great products and services. the benefits that the company provides for the employees are excellent
Its mediocre
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, VASeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Compensation, benefits
Cons: Unsure of job security, high stress level
Excellent compensation and benefits but not worth the everyday level of stress that is put upon you. Place for advancement.
productive and a Fun enviroment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: PIP, Food, Incentives
Cons: Breaks
Fun work place love to provide a smile to members. About the numbers. Show alot of love to the members that work for the company when meeting goals
Wonderful company!
Programs Intern (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 2, 2015
Very personal work environment. Coworkers always willing to help however they may be able to and managers/owners are always looking for feedback on what they can do better.
Good Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 1, 2015
This is a great company to work for, they give lots of perks to the employees. However the nature of the work in the call center is rather restrictive and personally I do not thrive in that type of environment.
extremly stressfull job
CONTACT CENTER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Winchester, VAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: benifits and pay
Cons: all the restrictions, the bigest 1 hr per month to use the bathroom
position in its self is enjoyable if you like customer service. But the company and all its restrictions makes the job unbearable. Your told how to talk, you can't be natural. You get 1hr per month to use the restroom. Can not get time off when needed for Dr's apts, family emergency etc. your calls are montored and graded constantly.
I'm currently employed with Navy Federal Credit Union
ACH Receipt Operations (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good Lunch, I love Shrimp Pizza.
Cons: Parking, like everywhere, it's growing!!!
This workplace teaches everyone that we're a large team in this game. And even more we're a family. I'm met the greatest people here at Navy Federal. I hope my future jobs are similar and I can hold the tears back when I leave someday.
Great pay, just stressful no work life balance at all
Member Service Rep (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: short breaks, work life balance
NFCU means well but they over do it with requirements once you start the job. I got this kind of job in the contact center to avoid telemarketing jobs or having to be a sales person period, that's just not my thing. In which "GEM" (guiding and engaging members) is their substitute for being a salesman. Moving up is hard by meeting those requirements. Work life balance is terrible!
Very interesting place to work
Memeber Service Representative (Former Employee), Belle Chasse, LAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: bonuses for great peromance and oppotunities for advancement
I enjoyed meeting the different men and women from DOD . The different backgrounds and experiences they share is really interesting .In this job you really build a relationship with the members because they are trusting you with they're personal information . I always enjoyed working with my co workers we were like one big family, some were military wives some weren't. It was hard to get close to some of them because they may only be there for a short time . I really enjoyed being a teller/MSR because I gained a lot of knowledge in finance.
Great Job
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 20, 2015
Navy Federal is a great company to work for the best I've worked for by far. They are member and employee oriented and that's rare and awesome.
A great and amazing place to work for.
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pensacola , FloridaAugust 19, 2015
I love working for Navy Federal and wish that I could continue working there the only thing holding me back is having to relocate I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
Great health benefits
Loan Processor/Closer (Former Employee), Herndon, VAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Paid time off
Cons: Upper Management
Aside from the benefits package I did not find this a to be a great employer to stay with for the long haul. Their corporate policies and management style are very outdated.
Navy Federal Credit Union is one of the best places to work.
Refinance and Mortgage Processor/ Closer Level III (Current Employee), Vienna, VAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: There benefits
Navy Federal offers their employees a career. There are a lot of incentives such as a competitive salaries, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, retirement plans with employer match, award-winning training programs, professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave and work/life programs.
Headquarters