Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ok
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 May 2017
They offer few full time opportunities which I why I did not continue employment. Advancement is slow. Pay is great however but does not make up for such few hours.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours
Great working environment with helpful benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL12 May 2017
Navy Federal was a great company overall to work with. Providing customer service was above and beyond. Management was okay just not with request,..
Best Employer!!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL12 May 2017
I looked forward to going to work each day!! It was a team environment and everyone worked together focused on the common goal of taking care of our Members.
Control Freaks
Former (thankfully) employee (Former Employee) –  Winchester11 May 2017
Only the "pretty people" actually like this company. The "grunts" don't count for anything. Youre a stepford. Conform or get kicked off the island. Many of management are simply bullies. Must have been beat up on the school bus.
The salary is NOT worth selling your soul.
Pros
Salary Bonuses
Cons
You lose your identity. Stressful. Controling.
Great benefits, military style management.
Account Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA10 May 2017
Great place for tech-orientated positions. Good advancement opportunities if you like this type of work (tethered to a phone w/2 computer screens), taking back-to-back, non-stop calls from members. You don't get a chance for winding down or decompressing between calls. EXTREMELY busy, non-stop position. Once you've moved away from the phones you will have it made. This can take a few years though.
Pros
EXCELLENT benefits, professional atmosphere.
Cons
NON-stop, back-to-back calls, no downtime.
A Productive and Fun Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL9 May 2017
NFCU is a wonderful company to work for. They strive to create a work/life balance for their employees. Navy Federal is hands on in teaching their employees the skills they need to perform the job accurately and with the highest level of excellent member service
Great Company
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wincheter, va8 May 2017
Great Company with strange and difficult policies. If you can handle taking 200+ calls a day, you are in the right place. This is also great job security
No work life balance very chaotic
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC6 May 2017
Turnover is very bad as is morale. Favoritism rules the operations. Very stressful. The company is amazing but only in headquarters, a lot of the branches are underpaid and overworked.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
If you are not located in VA or FL then you will not experience a true reflection of the company.
great company, great benefits
Loan and Credit Card Applications (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL5 May 2017
if you have a great manager you will succeed and go far. If you have a bad manager you will feel defeated and you won't get help to move up in the company.
Processing
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL4 May 2017
Stressful and training is lacking. Lack of communicationb between leaders and trainees. Very demanding with little balence in life and work. Needs improvement on training
Incredible work place!
Mortgage Underwriter III (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL3 May 2017
Navy Federal is the best company I have ever worked for. They care about their members and employees. It's a very secure place to work and offer opportunities like none other. Go Navy Federal!
Pros
Secure workplace with many job opportunities
Cons
Wonderful place to work with plenty of advancement opportunities.
MSR I, II, III, IV, CFP Recovery Specialist I, II (Current Employee) –  Virginia1 May 2017
This is a company that really takes care of their employees. They make the effort to make sure the employees are happy, therefore, it really makes you want to do well for the company.
Great Company
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL1 May 2017
Hired as a Mortgage Processor and after completing training I was overwhelmed with the amount of work and with the lack of knowledge I received in training. I felt as if I was set up to fail.
ISD Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA1 May 2017
NFCU is a great place to work for that has multi cultural environment, excellent benefits and no lay offs. It is considered one of the top 100 Best places to work for. I love Navy Federal, my home and sweet home!
Great Compensation and Opportunities
IT Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL27 April 2017
During my time with Navy Federal, I was able to grow within my position quickly. Not only was a fairly compensated, but I was given all the tools I needed to do my job.
Sr. UI Developer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VA27 April 2017
I went to Navy Federal, and opened multiple accounts. Checking, Savings, and a Credit Card. I've even had a small Auto loan with them, that was paid in full rather quickly.
Progressive and Caring
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL26 April 2017
Navy Federal has a culture of progression and opportunity no matter what level you begin on. They really care about the employees and are true to their mission statement to support our Military service members and their families. It's an awesome place to work!
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
A great Company to work for but hard to move up unless you are part of managements "inner circle"
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL25 April 2017
A great company to work for & also had great benefits. Main complaint was to move up in the department you needed to be part of managements "inner circle", otherwise there was no real shot of you moving up to a supervisor position.
Excellent employer with strong community outreach and employee support.
Mortgage Support Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA20 April 2017
Work days were typically routine, there were periods of time with required overtime. Workplace culture was professional and friendly with very little workplace politics.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Overtime
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL19 April 2017
I did love my job.
The pay and the benefits were excellent.
I worked there at a time when the interest rate was dropping drastically so were overly inundated with refinances so our pipelines were huge.
Pros
Pay and benefits are excellent
Cons
none that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2