Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Company Model
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAApril 27, 2016
* Good managers make or break the environment
* The company model is very good.
* Takes great care of military members
* Needs more IT processes ( very manual system)
Fun place to work, hard to advance
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 15, 2016
It is extremely hard to advance at Navy Federal unless you are overqualified for the position that you are applying for.
Productive and good training
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 22, 2015
Management and security expectations held high. Training was proficient, efficient, and usably outside the work place. Interacted with many kinds of people from all over the world.
Pros
Training and engagements with the members
Cons
Restrictions to what we can help members with.
Fair
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 11, 2015
I know every location/branch is different, but the location I worked at was not a great experience. Management were too controlling and not easy to approach when dealing with issues. But, being part time, the job did allow me to finish my last 2 classes to obtain my MBA.
Cons
Hard to convert from part time to full time.
Account service with great peolpe
CONTACT CENTER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  pensacola flaOctober 5, 2015
I was very well trained to handle a variety of financial needs for our currently serving, retired and family members of the United States Military. Balancing accounts, applications for new loans or credit cards, western unions and international bank wires.
My team members became family. We shared birthdays, celebrated accomplishments, encouraged each other and stood together to be recognized multiple times by not only NFCU but CUNA.
Pros
insurance
Cons
military payday always short handed of staff
Excellant Place to Work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 31, 2015
I have enjoyed my time with NFCU, but feel that the market I am currently in is holding me back from advancing. I have a lovely and wonderful team that I manage. I have learned and grown professionally while being at NFCU
Supervisor - Mortgage Processing (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2016
I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union since December 2009. I started as a level one processor, and moved my way up through level two and level three. I was promoted to Mortgage Production Supervisor in July of 2013 for a purchase team. In December 2014 I was promoted to Supervisor of a refinance team, managing all of the above levels. The hands-on experience, range from being the number 1 processor in the entire Credit Union, with over 500 processors, to understanding the importance of maintaining a positive attitude in stressful situations, along with having the ability to quickly adapt to an ever changing environment. I have also been influential in promoting confidence and leading my teams to reach exceptional levels on all the Key Performance Indicators, while maintaining their service level agreement. The Key Performance Indicators include: booking loans within commitment, zero missed closings, exceptional member service, high conversion rates as well as zero RESPA/Pricing violations. This is a testament of my long time success at Navy Federal Credit Union.
Great Place
Team Coach-Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 15, 2016
NFCU takes great care of their employees. They have great benefits. The mortgage department is also a great environment to work in.
Phenomenal Company
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 13, 2015
Navy Federal is a great company to work for. I have banked with them for over 12 years, but I honestly couldn't tell you which side of the desk is better. They truly care about their employees as much as they do their members.
Member services
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working with all branches of the Military on a daily basis.

Went through intensive computer training designed solely for the credit union to handle Member banking.

Co-workers were wonderful to work with

Hardest part of the job was dealing with Members who were angry and frustrated.
Don't do it
MSR (Former Employee) –  DIBERVILLESeptember 24, 2015
The credit union itself is great but this branch is a major NO. The manager and Asst. Manager have issues like bipolar. The worst place I've work and I have done banking before. We went through 5 MSR representatives in matter of a few month and the manager had many complaints against her. When they run the portions of people getting money for referrals they work you like a dog and don't want to give any breaks or lunches. Some girls went almost 6 hours and no break. Beware of this branch she can't keep help.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Worst management ever
Many learning experiences
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rota, ANOctober 15, 2015
Every week staff worked in a diffrent part of the business. From being a teller, greeter, to office duties. No two problems were the same with members. I learned a lot in the office area. Helped members with loans, helping with their finances to just fixing their debit cards.
Pros
Staff
Cons
No way to be promoted. Only because we are oversea.
Great Place to Work
Equity Processor (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 14, 2016
One of the best employers I have ever worked for. Benefits are absolutely amazing and the commute from any Northern VA, Maryland or DC location is amazing.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
Productive fun work place with emaculent facility and people.
Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 8, 2015
Get to work at 6AM and leave at 3PM. I learn how to be a leader and how to treat people with respect. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking advantage of all the amenities such as a pool, game room, nature trail and beach volley ball court.
Good place to work for
Member Service Representative/ MLO (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work consist of managing members accounts and providing the members with excellent customer service.
Great co workers, however extremely hard advancement opportunities.
Hardest part of the job is advancing to the next level. Best part is job security and great benefits.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Great benefits
Processing loans is an overwhelming task. You spend the day answering phone calls, email etc. Too many loans on one processor's desk.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2015
I feel that the training is more than adequate and I will be forever greatful for the opportunity. There is just so much to do and not enough time in any give day to do it. The job responsibilities are just too much for one person. If things were split up a bit so the processors weren't as overwhelmed I would probably still be there. It is fulfilling work and they recognize every accomplishment.
Pros
Lot of perks, free lunches, they seem to feed you all the time, excellent resources ther are 2 gyms on campus and even Starbucks!, the money is great!
Cons
lots of hours
fun place to work
Corporate Marketing Representative II (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 12, 2015
It is a great place to work love the people. I think it was a great learning experience. I think it will continue to grow. I appreciate everything I have learned from there. I think that there is a reason for why it is a top 100 company.
Pros
flexible
great training not as quick to advance as they say
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 7, 2015
offer a lot of training opportunities, one of the best places I've worked. Typical day is answering phone calls, no time to socialize. Very structured and efficient
Best Place I ever worked
Manager, Branch Office (Current Employee) –  Guantanamo Bay, CubaJanuary 7, 2016
I have learned so much about banking and serving those who serve us. I love the culture of Navy Federal and how well the company takes care of the employees.
extremly stressfull job
CONTACT CENTER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 29, 2015
position in its self is enjoyable if you like customer service. But the company and all its restrictions makes the job unbearable. Your told how to talk, you can't be natural. You get 1hr per month to use the restroom. Can not get time off when needed for Dr's apts, family emergency etc. your calls are montored and graded constantly.
Pros
benifits and pay
Cons
all the restrictions, the bigest 1 hr per month to use the bathroom