Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great!
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Vienna, VAApril 1, 2015
Good place to work. Employees helpful and interested in furthering the goals of the company. Great benefits. The company is always improving it's technology.
Wonderful experrience
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: wonderful company to work for!
Cons: none.
take calls in a call center Go over bank account info...wires,open new accounts..offer products to satisfy the need of the Member etc
fast pace business
Title Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: becoming a member of the credit union
Cons: the commute to work and home each day
A typical day at the office consists of data entry, I learned different software created for the task at hand. I working the night shift my co-workers worked well in supporting one another on assignments.
Keep to yourself
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: You can get credit with them
Cons: They can take money from your account when they want
Don't believe anyone when they say you can talk to them off the record. Before you know it you will be written up for something you did out of the office. Image is everything to this company. If a high ranking officer makes a complaint on you, you can lose your job.
Awesome place with great benefits
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 19, 2015
It is a great place to work. People are amazing and the benefits are wonderful. Was employed for almost 20 years when i had a family emergency and had to leave. Easy to work your way up the ladder. They care about your career goals.
Leadership not management
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAMarch 17, 2015
Gave leaders the freedom to truly run the business, grow team members, enhance member service and be a true leader. Not micro managed, however that was at the leadership of a great Regional manager, not all regional managers are the same
Navy Federal Credit Union
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: cafe, snack shop and full gym and health center available
Cons: unbalanced work life, extremely stressful work environment at times, advancement opportunities are very difficult to gain and pay is not that great
Great place to work but advancement opportunity is very hard. Salary compensation really needs to be worked on as well as worker retention.
Productive, fulfilling, & fun work environment
Funds Disbursement Specialist II (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 14, 2015
The job allows for both personal and career growth. My management are some of the most supportive, sincere people I've ever come across and my coworkers make every day enjoyable. I love working with the – more... credit union members and clients on the phone daily. This is one of the most fulfilling parts of the job- to interact with the people I am assisting directly. It is this fulfillment that makes the, sometimes 90 minute commute (one way), all the more bearable. Outside of the commute I wouldn't say that there is anything I would classify as hard per se but there are certainly challenging moments. When a client is upset there are tense moments which simply heighten my pride and sense of accomplishment when my team & I resolve the situation. Every day I learn more about operating systems and programs on the computer, how to interact with people from all walks of life and where I want to be ultimately in my own life. – less
Pay and Benefits are great, but management sucks!
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 13, 2015
They pay really well and offer great benefits. However, I worked in 3 different departments and all of the managers/supervisors that I worked under were jerks. I actually enjoyed what I did, I just couldn't stand the micromanaging, the a**hole supervisors, and the time constraints.
Busy Call Center
Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee), Winchester, VAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: employee incentive program, great benefits and job stability
Cons: short breaks and company did not close for major holidays.
I answered phones, assist members with questions or problems about their accounts. Transferred funds between accounts as requested, transferred calls to other departments as needed. I also opened savings and checking accounts as requested if individuals were qualified for membership.
Excellent work enviorment
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMarch 9, 2015
Navy Federal Credit Union is a wonderful place to work. The credit union offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
It's a great place to have a family!
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 1, 2015
Navy is very family oriented and will make sure that your family comes first. The compensation does suffer because of it but it's still a great company to work for but each team is different and management will be management; just do your research.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Tax and Escrow Analysis (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: onsite cafeteria, 401k excellent salary
Cons: parking
Fast paced and busy, Friendly atmosphere, Management is very supportive. Plenty of opportunity to excel in your career
A great place to learn
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Roswell, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits and education perks
Cons: well you can't choose all your co workers so...
Every day was a learning experience. The staff in general was okay but it can very from office to office. The benefits are great. It does require patience and a good ear.
great place with great people
Intern, Department of Comptroller - Debt Analysis (Former Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Named as Fortune 100 best company to work for. Great place as well as great people. Everyone is so accessible which will help you a lot if you are an entry level employee
Good Company and Pay for the area.
Mortgage Processor I (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Navy Federal Credit Union values its members and employees. I love working for the company, I have just learned that mortgage processing is not the job for me. Some people like fast pace work however, I enjoy more of a back office and research position.
The company has its own cafeteria and gym.
Equity Loan Processor (Former Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: we would receive a bonus every month and luncheon.
Cons: when peak season came was here we had to stay very late
I would go in and check members account if they had paid their past due account. I would follow up with member who did not make the payments on their accounts check the personal accounts that they had – more... with the Credit Union and trans the money to pay their past due accounts. Explain to customers about possible litigation and repossession. The co workers got along with each other and we helped each other out when needed. Management was helpful and understanding of their employees. The hard part was sending the loans to litigation and repossession specially when you knew that some of the customers had not funds to pay. My favorite part was when we were able to refinance a loan or send the member to our personal finance management team. – less
Is this Heaven? No, it's Navy Federal
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free state of the art gym, annual bonuses are big relative to your income, and exposure to senior level executives, including the president & ceo
Cons: fast track advancement as not a lot of turnover
This company is not just about making money, it's about being a part of a family. It's about helping others and enjoying success along the way. Small wins turn into big victories as you can quickly advance – more... through the ranks. I met people who were on the latter half of their careers at Navy Federal that essentially started working for NFCU in landscaping and now is running analytics for one of the business units. This is a place where your knowledge will grow and where you won't leave each day feeling dissatisfied.

I left for an opportunity in another city/state however if the opportunity arises again, I would absolutely return to working for Navy Fed. – less
Value tenure over merit
Member Research Strategist (Current Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Navy Federal places a lot of value on tenure over merit and uses their benefits to try to mask the situation.

Hard to feel valued or see any career development
Over all good place to work if your the office type.
Mortgage Processor / Closer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 7, 2015
Co-worker, management and culture all good. I was hired in as a mortgage processor with the hope to get into a different role. Face to face member service in sales. Left for a position in sales.

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos

WEAR RED CAMPAIGN....WEAR RED TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS:)