Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Place to work!
Delinquency Control Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA4 December 2016
Navy Federal is one of the best places I've ever work at! It is definitely a fantastic place to retire!! The benefits are wonderful, and the company is always looking for ways to improve.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Great company
Mortgage Support Assistant (MSA) (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA31 December 2016
Great company to work for. They value their employees and appreciate their hard work. Love going into work everyday. However, seeking for internship or part time opportunities right now.
Very Challenging
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA18 October 2016
The training for this job was amazing. However, the job itself was very different from the experience on the floor. This is a very busy workplace but the benefits are amazing. Navy Federal is a very strict company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hours are not ideal.
Great pay and benefits, amazing supervisor
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA6 August 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is a great company to work for. The benefits and pay are great. However, it is not for the faint of heart. If you cannot handle members being super angry at you and taking their frustrations out on you in sometimes very vulgar ways, I don't suggest this field of work. However, the supervisor I had was absolutely amazing in taking the time aside to work with me on things I did not quite understand. I admire him very much for that. It's a great company to work for overall, but it is a very hectic and always changing job environment that can take a huge emotional toll on an individual especially if you have mental health issues.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Mentally straining
High Volume Mortgage Lending
Mortgage Processor and Closer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA15 August 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. The company does make try to make the stress of work tolerable, but most of the times the volume is so high that maintaining a work life balance is very challenging.

The work ethic, culture and team support is amazing. Peers and leader are always supportive and helpful.
Benefits
Great working environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL8 March 2017
This is a great place to work. There is plenty of opportunity. There are also great benefits and plenty of room for growth. I would recommend working here.
Its okay.. if you don't mind s
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL26 February 2017
you don't have much career advancement unless you are in cahoots with upper management or if you don't network... skill isn't enough
benefits
Cons
advancement
amazing
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA6 February 2017
Great company to work for. Really undersands the importance of work and home balance. I would recommend NFCU for employment to anyone who enjoys helping others.
Great Organization
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA10 October 2016
I worked at NFCU for seven years and I loved it. I left the company for a better paying job. Will definitely consider future employment in the future.
Pros
Positive working environment with growth potential
Cons
Salaries may be in the low ends.
Fun workplace
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL2 February 2017
Work on computer assisting members with there accounts and questions. Great work environment.
Hardest part of job is international bank wires.
Bad management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL3 December 2016
Not really a good company to work for...they hire anybody now..I would never leave a job to work for them again.they hire bad supervisors..the starting pay is really not worth it
Good company lots of perks
Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Texas1 December 2016
This is a great company to work for. They have alot of perks and really care about their people. The work is typical of most mortgage companies and there is a lot of room for growth
Overview
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL19 July 2016
On a typical work day, it was very busy. I learned how to connect with the member as well as service them without being face to face. The management there was good and my co-workers were excellent. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the ongoing changes and updates with the policies that were constantly changing. However the most enjoyable part was the recognition for our service and training.
Impeccable place to work
Delinquency Control Counselor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VA4 November 2016
My day starts with reports, 250 calls exceeded, obtained product knowledge, great management support ,awesome team effort.
relieving financial strain
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Stressfull Commute
Great working environment
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA26 July 2016
I absolutely loved working here. They ladies I worked with were awesome. This was the a great experience and I learned so much. The training is intense, but it is all necessary. The employees are treated very well. Everyone has a chance to help with marketing and the community events are always fun.
Pros
NFCU takes care of the employees
Cons
I had to relocate
Oustanding Company
Mortgage Default Supervisor-Member Outreach (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA8 August 2016
NFCU is and outstanding company to be employed with. They really take care of their employees by offering competitive salaries, great benefits, 401k, and bonuses. The headquarter office has a full gym, cafeteria, parking structure and many more additions to make for a pleasant work environment.
Awesome place to work
David Shawn, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, AL9 December 2016
Great working environment. Management was great and easy to work with. Provided was to advance in the company and also provide excellent sufficient training.
Not a good compay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL7 December 2016
I do not recommend this company. The management is unqualified unethical and unprofessional. Employees are treated like second hand citizens.
Mortgage Loan Officer
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Remote13 January 2017
Good people to work with, mortgage industry is a challenging job regardless of where you work, so good co workers makes it worthwhile.
Great Enough
Information Systems Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL14 October 2016
NFCU is a pretty great company to work with, I have no complaints. This was my first professional job out of college and I learned a lot about how to exist and succeed within a large company.

4.2