Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Stressful Environment
Mortgage Loan Originator/MSR II (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA6 December 2017
The call center environment is a micro management environment and not conducive for an individual who has worked their entire career with the public. The hardest part of the job is remembering to dot every I and cross every T; from your introduction, to GEM to how you end the call and did all the notes get made and in the back of your mind your asking yourself did this call pass QS.
Strong positive culture, extremely rapid growth
Assistant Manager, Comptroller Financial Systems (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL5 December 2017
* The culture is collaborative and supportive and there are decent opportunities for advancement for those with the proper degrees
* The company is genuinely member focus and the mission of supporting the military is a great one
* The company does create a traffic jam in Virginia and Florida headquarters but are not supportive of remote work or located close to public transit
* There are some strong benefits, 401k, vacation days, but are generally not innovative (only added paid paternity leave in 2017)
Pros
Nice campuses, great culture, strong mission
Cons
Parking/Commute, Salaries are good not top of class
New Manager very stressful
Technical Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA5 December 2017
Work basically along all the time, no one to help if you make an error.
Seen writing on the wall with new management hired from outside the Navy Federal environment, old management was great.
Pros
pay
Cons
new management
Navy Federal received the Fortune 100 best companies award for a number of years
Vice President, Compensation and Benefits (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA 2218030 November 2017
First not for profit organization, I believe that I played a role in receiving this award because benefits and compensation are two significant evaluation categories.
Pros
None.
Cons
Some feared retaliation. Those fears abatted after the first year.
Great place
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS29 November 2017
Recommend it to anyone that is looking for stability and striving place of business with set hours and schedule
Great to get you working in a professional place
n/a
Consumer Loan Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL27 November 2017
I must say working with navy federal was the best job I had with good pay. Company is very lady back. But did not like when somebody is trying to move to a higher/ better position the team only look into people that know each other instead of the person that stay to her self and higher quality for the position then the person they put into that position because they are family or best friends.
Great job and great pay
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL19 November 2017
Working at Navy Federal was a great place to develop and grow in a lot of different areas. Recognition is one of the main things Navy Fed takes pride in and they take great care of their employees.
Nfcu
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA17 November 2017
Days were long and hard. The amount of inbound calls and pipeline was a lot to manage. If you weren't an experienced loan officer, the culture/ environment would run over you.
Long term supervisor has no business overseeing others
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA17 November 2017
I was initially attracted by the great reviews for work life balance at Navy Federal. I can tell you that certain departments within Accounting are a horror story for life balance that myself and colleagues have never before encountered. We are seasoned professionals who are accustomed to be treated professionally, yet Navy Federal allows certain long-term managers to destroy any sense of values, commitment or pride in the workplace. A specific supervisor was ultra weak on personal skills, back stabs and undermines subordinates while intentionally under staffing the team and creating massive workloads for the rest. She commented about prospective hires that people with families are probably not a good fit for her team. The just-average benefits and pay did not begin to make up for the dysfunctional, abusive relationship our team members endured with her every day.
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HI16 November 2017
Navy Federal is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employees and want the best for their members. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Navy Federal was all good at first...
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL15 November 2017
NFCU was all good AT first I was happy just knew I was going to be there awhile, but as time went on I got depressed this job stressful asf, they expect to much of you, it's like no matter how hard you try, it's always something that you have to do extra and try to take the further step, you either doing too much or doing too less, and it shouldn't be that way. I personally think this company requires to be the best and that's fine, but what also need to be known is that everything can't always be perfect. I recommend to the people if you just going to have this as a job, that's cool but if you want a career I feel you should go back to school and get your degree in your preferred field. To each is own but this is not the career for me. It's other jobs out here that pay real good, and is not stressful. S/O to the ones who can continue with it. Hope you make that cut son.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Management, Stressful
Great company
SAVINGS & CHECKING OPS SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA15 November 2017
Offer a lot for employees full paid 11 week maternity leave, great benefits. Opportunity for growth. Relaxed work environment. Business casual attire Jeans on Friday.
No review
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL14 November 2017
You get what you ask for, understand that managers have their personal issues also. So do your job and not let a manager problems affect the way you perform or cause you to lose your job.
Digital Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL11 November 2017
It was fun, very busy, competitive, overwhelming, strict in most cases, very crowded but organized, hardest part of the job was being the bigger person when you know that management isn't what they drill into their employees head. Overall, it was a great job, I would encourage anyone to apply, in order to grasp their own experience.
Working here is not all it's made out to be
Business Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL10 November 2017
The supervisors in the Business Services Department are just plain PETTY. They have their pets and if you aren't one of them, they do not like you, no matter how hard you try for the sake of your job. Coming to work everyday to fear for your job is not my ideal dream job. No thanks. Good luck to whoever fills my spot, hope you make the cut! ;)
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You fear for your job everyday if you aren't the supervisor's pet.
Call Center
Resolution Correspondence Specialist ll (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA9 November 2017
Stressful environment, but they continue to try to improve. Great benefits. Advance quickly. Lots of employee perks. Recommend working there if can handle a call center environment.
Benefits
Cons
Call center
Great place
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA8 November 2017
I enjoyed my time at Navy Federal. They have great pay and overtime was very helpful. Great work life balance and training was impeccable. I would highly recommend it.
great place to work
Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Banker (Former Employee) –  sigonella, sicily7 November 2017
NFCU is an amazing institution to work for. The culture is great and the employee involvement was always above and beyond. They provided many tools and resources to learn and grow to further your advancement within the company.
Terrible
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Virgina5 November 2017
Starting to work here was the greatest mistake of my life. The work was mind-numbing-ly boring. Within the first week of training, I realized I would rather spend the rest of my life doing janitorial work than ever doing the job I was doing.

People were meh..but the culture was okay I guess. I just hated the work itself. It was making me depressed. Being on the clock and having every minute of the day scrutinized was awful. The most annoying aspect of the job, aside from the actual work, was the emails I would receive from the supervisors with extremely passive-aggressive comments about going to the bathroom too often or getting up to stretch or get a drink of water.

Quitting that job will forever remain the greatest moment of my life. Sorry future wife and children.
Pros
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA3 November 2017
Since 1933, Navy Federal Credit Union has grown from seven members to over 5 million. With more than $63 billion in assets, the credit union’s 260 branches span across the United States and 12 countries. Navy Federal's vision has remained focused on serving the unique financial needs of our field of membership of active duty, Reserve, and retired military personnel, as well as Department of Defense civilian personnel and military dependents. By providing outstanding value and service that inspires trust, members become advocates who share the benefits of Navy Federal with others. With a motto of “Once a member, always a member,” Navy Federal believes in lifelong membership. A member can leave the military, change employers, move, retire, get married, and never have to leave the credit union.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3