Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 27, 2015
I worked for a short time here but loved it, despite the demanding weekly goals it was great company to work for. They had good benefits and pay.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 23, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work. Navy Federal really looks out for its employees. Every day is a learning experience. Gained a tremendous amount of knowledge since working for the company.
Great place to work if you have kids
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Vienna, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance, stability, no lay offs
Cons: Some teams are slow, poor leadership
Some of the key benefits of working at NFCU:
Great work life balance
Bonuses based on performance of the CU
Lots of resources available if you can manage the politics
Some of the teams are great

Some of the difficulties:
Waiting for people to retire
Politics
Slow moving industry
Some of the teams and managers are truly terrible
Good Company
Member Services Southwest Area Representative (Former Employee), Leesville, LAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Opportunities for Growth
Cons: Short Breaks for some locations
Overall, great place to work for. Flexible hours, good pay, Diversity, and room for Advancement. Lunch Breaks could be longer but it is at the discretion of the branch manager. Working Saturdays are a must for most branches.
Good People and
Mortgage Support Associate (Current Employee), Vienna, VAApril 6, 2015
Great Learning environment because policies and rules are changing all the time. Spectacular service and member relations.
Great!
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Vienna, VAApril 1, 2015
Good place to work. Employees helpful and interested in furthering the goals of the company. Great benefits. The company is always improving it's technology.
Wonderful experrience
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: wonderful company to work for!
Cons: none.
take calls in a call center Go over bank account info...wires,open new accounts..offer products to satisfy the need of the Member etc
fast pace business
Title Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: becoming a member of the credit union
Cons: the commute to work and home each day
A typical day at the office consists of data entry, I learned different software created for the task at hand. I working the night shift my co-workers worked well in supporting one another on assignments.
Keep to yourself
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: You can get credit with them
Cons: They can take money from your account when they want
Don't believe anyone when they say you can talk to them off the record. Before you know it you will be written up for something you did out of the office. Image is everything to this company. If a high ranking officer makes a complaint on you, you can lose your job.
Awesome place with great benefits
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 19, 2015
It is a great place to work. People are amazing and the benefits are wonderful. Was employed for almost 20 years when i had a family emergency and had to leave. Easy to work your way up the ladder. They care about your career goals.
Leadership not management
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAMarch 17, 2015
Gave leaders the freedom to truly run the business, grow team members, enhance member service and be a true leader. Not micro managed, however that was at the leadership of a great Regional manager, not all regional managers are the same
Navy Federal Credit Union
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: cafe, snack shop and full gym and health center available
Cons: unbalanced work life, extremely stressful work environment at times, advancement opportunities are very difficult to gain and pay is not that great
Great place to work but advancement opportunity is very hard. Salary compensation really needs to be worked on as well as worker retention.
Productive, fulfilling, & fun work environment
Funds Disbursement Specialist II (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 14, 2015
The job allows for both personal and career growth. My management are some of the most supportive, sincere people I've ever come across and my coworkers make every day enjoyable. I love working with the credit union members and clients on the phone daily. This is one of the most fulfilling parts of the job- to interact with the people I am assisting directly. It is this fulfillment that makes the, sometimes 90 minute commute (one way), all the more bearable. Outside of the commute I wouldn't say that there is anything I would classify as hard per se but there are certainly challenging moments. When a client is upset there are tense moments which simply heighten my pride and sense of accomplishment when my team & I resolve the situation. Every day I learn more about operating systems and programs on the computer, how to interact with people from all walks of life and where I want to be ultimately in my own life.
Pay and Benefits are great, but management sucks!
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 13, 2015
They pay really well and offer great benefits. However, I worked in 3 different departments and all of the managers/supervisors that I worked under were jerks. I actually enjoyed what I did, I just couldn't stand the micromanaging, the a**hole supervisors, and the time constraints.
Busy Call Center
Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee), Winchester, VAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: employee incentive program, great benefits and job stability
Cons: short breaks and company did not close for major holidays.
I answered phones, assist members with questions or problems about their accounts. Transferred funds between accounts as requested, transferred calls to other departments as needed. I also opened savings and checking accounts as requested if individuals were qualified for membership.
Excellent work enviorment
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMarch 9, 2015
Navy Federal Credit Union is a wonderful place to work. The credit union offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
It's a great place to have a family!
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 1, 2015
Navy is very family oriented and will make sure that your family comes first. The compensation does suffer because of it but it's still a great company to work for but each team is different and management will be management; just do your research.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Tax and Escrow Analysis (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: onsite cafeteria, 401k excellent salary
Cons: parking
Fast paced and busy, Friendly atmosphere, Management is very supportive. Plenty of opportunity to excel in your career
A great place to learn
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Roswell, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits and education perks
Cons: well you can't choose all your co workers so...
Every day was a learning experience. The staff in general was okay but it can very from office to office. The benefits are great. It does require patience and a good ear.
great place with great people
Intern, Department of Comptroller - Debt Analysis (Former Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Named as Fortune 100 best company to work for. Great place as well as great people. Everyone is so accessible which will help you a lot if you are an entry level employee

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos

WEAR RED CAMPAIGN....WEAR RED TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS:)