Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Working here is not all it's made out to be
Business Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL10 November 2017
The supervisors in the Business Services Department are just plain PETTY. They have their pets and if you aren't one of them, they do not like you, no matter how hard you try for the sake of your job. Coming to work everyday to fear for your job is not my ideal dream job. No thanks. Good luck to whoever fills my spot, hope you make the cut! ;)
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You fear for your job everyday if you aren't the supervisor's pet.
Call Center
Resolution Correspondence Specialist ll (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA9 November 2017
Stressful environment, but they continue to try to improve. Great benefits. Advance quickly. Lots of employee perks. Recommend working there if can handle a call center environment.
Benefits
Cons
Call center
Great place
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA8 November 2017
I enjoyed my time at Navy Federal. They have great pay and overtime was very helpful. Great work life balance and training was impeccable. I would highly recommend it.
great place to work
Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Banker (Former Employee) –  sigonella, sicily7 November 2017
NFCU is an amazing institution to work for. The culture is great and the employee involvement was always above and beyond. They provided many tools and resources to learn and grow to further your advancement within the company.
Terrible
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Virgina5 November 2017
Starting to work here was the greatest mistake of my life. The work was mind-numbing-ly boring. Within the first week of training, I realized I would rather spend the rest of my life doing janitorial work than ever doing the job I was doing.

People were meh..but the culture was okay I guess. I just hated the work itself. It was making me depressed. Being on the clock and having every minute of the day scrutinized was awful. The most annoying aspect of the job, aside from the actual work, was the emails I would receive from the supervisors with extremely passive-aggressive comments about going to the bathroom too often or getting up to stretch or get a drink of water.

Quitting that job will forever remain the greatest moment of my life. Sorry future wife and children.
Pros
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA3 November 2017
Since 1933, Navy Federal Credit Union has grown from seven members to over 5 million. With more than $63 billion in assets, the credit union’s 260 branches span across the United States and 12 countries. Navy Federal's vision has remained focused on serving the unique financial needs of our field of membership of active duty, Reserve, and retired military personnel, as well as Department of Defense civilian personnel and military dependents. By providing outstanding value and service that inspires trust, members become advocates who share the benefits of Navy Federal with others. With a motto of “Once a member, always a member,” Navy Federal believes in lifelong membership. A member can leave the military, change employers, move, retire, get married, and never have to leave the credit union.
fun workplcae, does not invest in employees
TITLE REVIEW SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  VA3 November 2017
Navy federal seems like a great company while you are working there, however most employees are temporary employees so they do not have to provide pto or any benefits. they also don't invest in their employees because most of them are replaceable temps so people are employed or let go with demand.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL1 November 2017
It was a great place to work and most the time friendly and supportive. Only reason I left I wanted to drop to part time and they do not offer part time.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Stressful
Negative work experience and environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL31 October 2017
The ones being advanced in my opinion over a five-year span has been those who are not trained in management and or thrown into the job not knowing how to do it or how to properly manage employees. There is an unrealistic expectation of job duties in the mortgage department. Most of the management I experienced and refinance do not themselves know how to process alone front to back.
Pros
Free birthday lunch
Cons
Bad work environment
Navy Federal is a great place to work
Survivor Support Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL31 October 2017
NFCU is a great company to work for. I have been there for over 3 years now and I have worked in 3 different departments and each department and branch has been great! The work life balance can be difficult because the schedule is not as flexible but the culture and benefits help that out a lot.
Amazing experience
Supervisor Loss Mitigation Underwriting (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA30 October 2017
I have been fortunate and blessed to have a wonderful journey at Navy Federal. I am grateful for every growth opportunity and every experience provided.
Needs to turn over C-level suite
Manager, Credit Card Servicing (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA30 October 2017
Management needs to turn over to keep pace with today's environment. The COO has been there for 40 years and holds back progress. The overall technical infrastructure needs an overhaul.
Pros
Lots of employee events
Cons
old school, slow paced
Great place to work at
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL30 October 2017
Great place to work. Would recommend people to work there. This is a great credit union as well. Most members are related to the military in some way. Benefits are great.
work life balance
IT Developer (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA24 October 2017
Work life balance is very good compared to most companies.
Management is very good and easy to talk to.
Room for growth is not always what you'd like it to be.
Navy Federal is awesome!
Mortgage Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 3252624 October 2017
NFCU is a great place to consider working, there is a ton of room to move up if you stay dedicated and have a goal in mind. 10/10 when it comes to employers.
a typical day at work
Account Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ23 October 2017
although some days were stressful with upset members, for the most part I loved working at the contact center and the branch, the manager at the branch was not the nicest
Contact center representative (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA23 October 2017
Navy Federal is a great place to work. They have great benefits as well! They have a company picnic, gala and a new years eve event every year along with other activities during the year.
good advancement if your permanent
Mortgage Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL19 October 2017
I was a contractor. Great place to work with excellent benefits... if youre permanent. NF frowns on contractors and it is difficult to transition from contractor to permanent.
Bad experience
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA18 October 2017
Many people I know absolutely love working for Navy Federal I personally had a very awful manager so I would say that it's hard for me to rate them accordingly. I did at times work under other managers who were very team-oriented and professional I just felt like personally my branch manager was not.
great
Assistant Supervisor, Consumer Loan Servicing (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA17 October 2017
amazing work experience.
extremely professional environment
great facilities
cafeteria and gym
I would recommend nfcu as a positive wor environment w

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2