Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Organization
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA10 October 2016
I worked at NFCU for seven years and I loved it. I left the company for a better paying job. Will definitely consider future employment in the future.
Pros
Positive working environment with growth potential
Cons
Salaries may be in the low ends.
Amazing Place to Work!
Member Service Representative ll (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CA6 October 2016
The work environment and the all around culture of this company is one that is rare. They believe that happy successful employees will result in happy satisfied members. They do everything they can to work with you on career goals, and help you achieve and become the best you can possibly be. Not to mention the pay and employee incentives alone are great reasons to consider this employer.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Great Pay
Cons
Hard to get Full Time
Navy federal credit union
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA2 October 2016
You are to help members calling in over the phone. Managment could be more supportive. A good job starting out, but it seems they give you less support the longer your there.
Poor Management
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VA25 September 2016
Have to stand all day, basically teach yourself everything you know, management is poorly chosen and everything has to be done in the back office. The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the members and some of the activities they have and we make up.
Pros
Wellness benefits, Yearly bonus
Cons
Work/life, time off, management
Micro managing and expendable employees.
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL24 September 2016
Management was a joke. They let me go due to "cultural fit" in other words they did not like me. Great company, but serious problem with management, they do not try to explore other options for employees or try to focus on improving their career. They treat their temps extremely bad as well. Would not ever want to work here again.
Pros
Facility, gym, amenities, location
Cons
Parking, management, software, bad treatment of employees/temps
Mortgage Processor
Mortgage Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL21 September 2016
Company was great to work for. Benefits were amazing. It was hard to balance the work life and personal life. Also, it was hard to make appointments and work
Navy Federal is a low stress work place.
Technical Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA19 September 2016
The Navy Federal Credit Union, is a great place to work and I have enjoyed my time working with Navy Federal professionals and learning software installs.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
No direction
Great Company with an Honorable Mission
Quantitative Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA8 September 2016
I greatly enjoyed my time as an intern at NFCU. My team members were very friendly and helpful. The company primarily serves military members and their families and takes pride in what they do.
very comfortable work environment
Assisting members (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA1 September 2016
I love assisting members and meeting new people. fast paced but very doable. I love the platform side more than the cash handling side but you get what you get. Manager's set the schedule and decide where you will be that particular day. I have had great managers who give you the option of flexibility when available to do platform even if I was scheduled for cash handling if I wasnt feeling very well.
Pros
quarterly incentives
Cons
n/a
Compensation/Benefits are excellent for entry level position
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA1 September 2016
*Assist members in very high call volume CCO (Account Services)
*Training was decent learned a great deal about banking
*Management can be hit or miss for myself my supervisor was great
*co-workers were friendly on my team, assist line however not so much
*hardest part of the job was the hours, and inconsistent schedule/angry public (but you'll have that anywhere)
*best part of the job was when the members were truly grateful for our help (which is a rare thing)
Pros
Compensation/Benefits are excellent for entry level position
Cons
Hours/days off. Very stressful overall
Great place to work with many perks and benefits
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL30 August 2016
There are many, many perks for working at Navy Federal. Working in Teams helps you and the Customer. The Customer relies on your knowlege to help them with their various Accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the Customers and being part of a Team.
Pros
Pay. Gym and Food on Premises.
Cons
The workload very seldom slows down.
Great place to work.
CC/CL Lending Risk Analyst - Collections (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA29 August 2016
Great place to work. Enjoyable and fun environment. Our Pensacola location has all green eco buildings. We have been on the Top 100 list for years. YIPPIE!!
Relaxing and independent workplace
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL22 August 2016
Great environment. Wonderful benefits; gym, lounge, message chairs, on-site clinic, and cafeteria. However, many employees are forced to moved to other buildings off campus and teleworking opportunity has been revoked. Constantly changing supervisors and coaches which makes I difficult to advance. Its all about who you know and not what you know that gets you promoted.
Pros
benefits, management, flexible hours
Cons
Job advancement, Constant system failures, Software needs improvement
High Volume Mortgage Lending
Mortgage Processor and Closer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA15 August 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. The company does make try to make the stress of work tolerable, but most of the times the volume is so high that maintaining a work life balance is very challenging.

The work ethic, culture and team support is amazing. Peers and leader are always supportive and helpful.
Benefits
Oustanding Company
Mortgage Default Supervisor-Member Outreach (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA8 August 2016
NFCU is and outstanding company to be employed with. They really take care of their employees by offering competitive salaries, great benefits, 401k, and bonuses. The headquarter office has a full gym, cafeteria, parking structure and many more additions to make for a pleasant work environment.
Great pay and benefits, amazing supervisor
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA6 August 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is a great company to work for. The benefits and pay are great. However, it is not for the faint of heart. If you cannot handle members being super angry at you and taking their frustrations out on you in sometimes very vulgar ways, I don't suggest this field of work. However, the supervisor I had was absolutely amazing in taking the time aside to work with me on things I did not quite understand. I admire him very much for that. It's a great company to work for overall, but it is a very hectic and always changing job environment that can take a huge emotional toll on an individual especially if you have mental health issues.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Mentally straining
Great work environment
Member Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL5 August 2016
Amazing company to work for with the best people in the world. I would recommend Navy Federal to anybody as a great employer and an incredible credit union.
Great worrkplace for the modern young adult.
Remittance Processor II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 3252328 July 2016
I highly recommend starting out here. It is a great place to work with great people and a great culture. Starting out is easy. They guide you as you develope. Work hard and you will get noticed.
Great working environment
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA26 July 2016
I absolutely loved working here. They ladies I worked with were awesome. This was the a great experience and I learned so much. The training is intense, but it is all necessary. The employees are treated very well. Everyone has a chance to help with marketing and the community events are always fun.
Pros
NFCU takes care of the employees
Cons
I had to relocate
Overview
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL19 July 2016
On a typical work day, it was very busy. I learned how to connect with the member as well as service them without being face to face. The management there was good and my co-workers were excellent. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the ongoing changes and updates with the policies that were constantly changing. However the most enjoyable part was the recognition for our service and training.

4.2