Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

4 positions into one.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL29 November 2016
I was hired as a loan officer and found out over the course of a short few months I was not only a loan officer but I was also processing, underwriting, marketing and finally a mortgage loan officer. This position could be classified as a hybrid position and it's not for everyone.
Pros
Bank Hours
Cons
Micro Management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL2 March 2017
I really enjoyed working at NFCU it was just the shift I was working wasn't working for my outside life. I really enjoy being able to help each member with managing their acct bal. and transferring funds from external accts to member to member accts also
Awesome organization
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL11 December 2016
Exceptional organization to work for. This company strives to allow ample opportunity for all within the organization. Moreover, Navy Federal's culture is founded upon work-life balance. Thus, each individual is prompted to enjoy both their job and their life away from work.
Amazing Place to Work!
Member Service Representative ll (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CA6 October 2016
The work environment and the all around culture of this company is one that is rare. They believe that happy successful employees will result in happy satisfied members. They do everything they can to work with you on career goals, and help you achieve and become the best you can possibly be. Not to mention the pay and employee incentives alone are great reasons to consider this employer.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Great Pay
Cons
Hard to get Full Time
Great cafeteria and massage chairs
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL1 March 2017
I enjoy the atmosphere and people I work with. The campus is beautiful and the cafeteria has top chefs preparing healthy foods at non-expensive prices.
Pros
They have 2 gyms onsite
Cons
not enough advancement opportunity
Eh it's a paycheck
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA18 October 2016
The compensation (medical and dental benefits) is great, the pay sucks. And the management...I can't begin to tell you how horrible it is. If you can't handle being tied to a phone for 8 hours a day in a call center this job is not for you. Don't expect to really advance anywhere unless you know someone who really suck up to someone. I've applied for 3 positions and got turned down and I'm a current employee. The pay I guess for a supervisor is good but not an MSR. I need to pay bills, and have a paycheck but I can't wait to find something better, better pay, better management, and again the pay for everything you have to do is way below scale. If you are just looking for a paycheck and can put up with not only supervisors BS and members BS then apply otherwise look elsewhere.
Pros
Free food at times
Cons
Management, pay, extremely hard to get time off
Navy Federal is a great company to work for
Check Processing Specialist-Outgoing Checks (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA10 October 2016
The company has a lot of growth opportunities and push for professional development. Navy federal is very big on health has a large workout center free to all employees and offer classes from 6 am in the morning to 6 pm in the evening daily.
Pros
Fully invested in the company after 2 years
Cons
Great health benefits and 401 K plan
Micro managing and expendable employees.
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL24 September 2016
Management was a joke. They let me go due to "cultural fit" in other words they did not like me. Great company, but serious problem with management, they do not try to explore other options for employees or try to focus on improving their career. They treat their temps extremely bad as well. Would not ever want to work here again.
Pros
Facility, gym, amenities, location
Cons
Parking, management, software, bad treatment of employees/temps
Great Place to work
Mortgage Processor I (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA26 March 2017
Managements is very good and the pay is competitive to the market. Work life balance is great and the company wants that for all employees. Management listens to its employees and uses there suggestions to improve the company.
Great company to work for
Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA9 February 2017
This is a great company to work for. They always advance within the company and give training opportunities to employees. Compensation, raises, and bonuses are fantastic.
Pros
Advance within company
Cons
Very productive and fun place to work. Navy Federal offers a very competitve salary to employes
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River, MD22 December 2016
Great pay and firendly co-workers, but I think the company may be too large. Training lacks and high turn over. Very productive and fun place to work. Na
Pays well
Mortgage Risk Examiner (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL27 March 2017
Management is unwilling to change with the times. Inflexible but pat themselves on the back at how great they are. The management team needs to move toward a more age multi-dimensional approach.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Old school mentality
Very poor sick policy
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA14 March 2017
Need review on sick policy. Company does not seem to care about you or your familys health. Whether you miss 10 minutes or a whole day its basically the same as missing a full day.
Pros
Great bonus
Cons
Sick policy
summary
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Georgia26 March 2017
Navy Federal has the best compensation/benefits I have had. However, it is very hard to move up. There is a lot opportunities within the company in other regions.
Pros
benefits, compensation, coworkers
Cons
advancement
very comfortable work environment
Assisting members (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA1 September 2016
I love assisting members and meeting new people. fast paced but very doable. I love the platform side more than the cash handling side but you get what you get. Manager's set the schedule and decide where you will be that particular day. I have had great managers who give you the option of flexibility when available to do platform even if I was scheduled for cash handling if I wasnt feeling very well.
Pros
quarterly incentives
Cons
n/a
Compensation/Benefits are excellent for entry level position
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA1 September 2016
*Assist members in very high call volume CCO (Account Services)
*Training was decent learned a great deal about banking
*Management can be hit or miss for myself my supervisor was great
*co-workers were friendly on my team, assist line however not so much
*hardest part of the job was the hours, and inconsistent schedule/angry public (but you'll have that anywhere)
*best part of the job was when the members were truly grateful for our help (which is a rare thing)
Pros
Compensation/Benefits are excellent for entry level position
Cons
Hours/days off. Very stressful overall
great growth opportunity
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL6 March 2017
The company shows appreciation by providing occasional lunches, dress-down days, and awards for various milestones. Management is always willing to listen and do what they can to solve any issue.
Amazing place to work.
a Team Coach position (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA10 January 2017
This place is filled with very supportive people and is a great place to work. They truly care about their employees. It's hard to find a place that you actually want to get up and go to every day, NFCU is that place.
Poor Management
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VA25 September 2016
Have to stand all day, basically teach yourself everything you know, management is poorly chosen and everything has to be done in the back office. The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the members and some of the activities they have and we make up.
Pros
Wellness benefits, Yearly bonus
Cons
Work/life, time off, management
Relaxing and independent workplace
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL22 August 2016
Great environment. Wonderful benefits; gym, lounge, message chairs, on-site clinic, and cafeteria. However, many employees are forced to moved to other buildings off campus and teleworking opportunity has been revoked. Constantly changing supervisors and coaches which makes I difficult to advance. Its all about who you know and not what you know that gets you promoted.
Pros
benefits, management, flexible hours
Cons
Job advancement, Constant system failures, Software needs improvement

4.2