Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Progressive and Caring
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL26 April 2017
Navy Federal has a culture of progression and opportunity no matter what level you begin on. They really care about the employees and are true to their mission statement to support our Military service members and their families. It's an awesome place to work!
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
A great Company to work for but hard to move up unless you are part of managements "inner circle"
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL25 April 2017
A great company to work for & also had great benefits. Main complaint was to move up in the department you needed to be part of managements "inner circle", otherwise there was no real shot of you moving up to a supervisor position.
Excellent employer with strong community outreach and employee support.
Mortgage Support Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA20 April 2017
Work days were typically routine, there were periods of time with required overtime. Workplace culture was professional and friendly with very little workplace politics.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Overtime
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL19 April 2017
I did love my job.
The pay and the benefits were excellent.
I worked there at a time when the interest rate was dropping drastically so were overly inundated with refinances so our pipelines were huge.
Pros
Pay and benefits are excellent
Cons
none that I can think of
Great company to work for!
MSR II MLO (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA18 April 2017
I was with NFCU for 2yrs, it's truly an amazing company to work for. Only reason why I left was due to relocation, and unfortunately they did not have a location here.
Pros
Great benefits and support for growth
na
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia18 April 2017
Its a great company to work for except the fact that you get sick time but they dont really give you option to really use it. I dont really know why they give it to us we should just have 3 weeks for vacation
Working at Navy Federal
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MD18 April 2017
The management at the branch I worked at was awful: showed favoritism, micromanaged, and took responsibility for programs others did.
If I were to work at another branch, I believe my experience would have been better. The company is indeed an amazing company to work for.
Pros
401K matching, benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Management is awful
Fun and productive place to work
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Virginia16 April 2017
Learn a lot about finances and I enjoy working here. Work balance is nice, people are nice. Get to meet many diff people and its a fun working environment.
Very great work place, management likes to go by their own rules
Delinquency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA16 April 2017
This is a very good place to work. It has a ton of benefits offered. My only complain is that the supervisors and managers are in positions of leadership with no leadership skills. They do not set the example and have very low work ethic.
Pros
Great community
Cons
Member Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA14 April 2017
Typical day at work will include time management, customer service practices and product knowledge.

Workplace culture is fair.

The hardest part of my job would be managing different personalities at different times amongst different interactions.

The most enjoyable is helping others!

Want to know more about Navy Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA13 April 2017
I always felt like Navy Federal Credit Union cared about its members and its employees. We were trained to serve the members and look out for their best interest.
Excellent benefits
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MS12 April 2017
Excellent benefits, member focused, good working environment. Good corporate communication. Casual dress on Friday and Saturday. Not much turnover. Team oriented
Pros
Good compensation, good corporate communication
Cons
Work almost every Saturday, no regular set work schedule, hard to take vacation and must book weeks in advance for approval
A great place to work with amazing benefits
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA11 April 2017
Navy Federal is a great place to work and has an amazing benefits package. They are flexible when it comes to shift and even break preferences. Most of the day is spent answering calls and assisting members. While handling other people's finances can be difficult it is rewarding when you have a chance to educate and help a member. In general the management is very attentive and supportive. The company promotes a family type of atmosphere.
Pros
Company is always doing little things to reward employees
Cons
Stress of dealing people's finances
Hard job - Just a number
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA10 April 2017
NFCU is not a great place like many say! A typical day is 8 hours on the phone with no breaks for bathroom until your 2 15 min allotted breaks. And if you're sick - forget it. The only good part of the job is your team, which you will have zero time to spend with.
Cons
No time off the phone, sick leave is offered but you are not allowed to use it
Exellent place to work at
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Herdon VA6 April 2017
I really enjoy working for navy federal credit union, they provided all the tool and training needed to be successful on the role, I will highly recommend to apply
Customer Service
Sr. Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA6 April 2017
It was a great customer service experience, I learned a lot about checking , savings, credit cards, and many more. It a great bank to work for and the pay is fair, you must have customer service skills in order to work there. Also you must have problem solving skills to overcome any challenges.
Pros
you get extra hour to leave when you get positive rating from customers
Cons
you have to answer 160 calls per day
The money is great but work/life balance is poor
Member Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL5 April 2017
Navy Federal pays extremely well especially for the pensacola area. Training was very thorough and if you had a question there was always someone you could ask. However, taking a day off was really difficult, they are super strict with attendance, and being on the phones all day every day repeating the same information got old for me quick. If I could have worked for them not on the phones all the time I think I would have been much happier there. Management was also an issue, it seems like everyone is just out for themselves and too busy trying to micromanage your every move to find something wrong.
Pros
Great pay, benefits are excellent, bonuses, easy to advance
Cons
Overworked, angry customers, management, stressful environment
Great benefits and career growth
Mortgage Loan Processor II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL4 April 2017
This company has the best benefits and plenty of room for career growth. NFCU has competitive wages. The only thing that is difficult is work and personal life balance.
Workplace Environment
Member Service Representative and Teller (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VA3 April 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me encountering different individuals, processing transactions of withdrawals, deposits, and transfers. Also auditing receipts from transactions that occurred, making sure vaults were balanced, making sure shelves and cabinets were stocked and trying to make each member leave with a pleasant experience by giving great customer service.

I learned how to handle my time more appropriately, how to be more understanding of people by understanding they're individuals, and the ins and outs of the banking industry and how to manage money more effectively.

Management altered frequently during my tenure with the company but I did build a few good relationships with members of the management team.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with peoples emotions, you had to learn to be more empathetic and sympathetic. Also handling cash with speed and efficiency was quite difficulty as well at first.

The most enjoyable part ironically is the fact that it is also the members. When you're feeling down sometimes they know what to do or say to brighten your day.
Experience
Vendor Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA30 March 2017
Navy federal was a good place to work. I enjoyed talking to customers and maintaining a happy friendly work environment. Awesome co workers. Some management sexist and racist, but if you can get past that all is well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3