Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The company has its own cafeteria and gym.
Equity Loan Processor (Former Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: we would receive a bonus every month and luncheon.
Cons: when peak season came was here we had to stay very late
I would go in and check members account if they had paid their past due account. I would follow up with member who did not make the payments on their accounts check the personal accounts that they had with the Credit Union and trans the money to pay their past due accounts. Explain to customers about possible litigation and repossession. The co workers got along with each other and we helped each other out when needed. Management was helpful and understanding of their employees. The hard part was sending the loans to litigation and repossession specially when you knew that some of the customers had not funds to pay. My favorite part was when we were able to refinance a loan or send the member to our personal finance management team.
Is this Heaven? No, it's Navy Federal
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free state of the art gym, annual bonuses are big relative to your income, and exposure to senior level executives, including the president & ceo
Cons: fast track advancement as not a lot of turnover
This company is not just about making money, it's about being a part of a family. It's about helping others and enjoying success along the way. Small wins turn into big victories as you can quickly advance through the ranks. I met people who were on the latter half of their careers at Navy Federal that essentially started working for NFCU in landscaping and now is running analytics for one of the business units. This is a place where your knowledge will grow and where you won't leave each day feeling dissatisfied.

I left for an opportunity in another city/state however if the opportunity arises again, I would absolutely return to working for Navy Fed.
Value tenure over merit
Member Research Strategist (Current Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Navy Federal places a lot of value on tenure over merit and uses their benefits to try to mask the situation.

Hard to feel valued or see any career development
Over all good place to work if your the office type.
Mortgage Processor / Closer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 7, 2015
Co-worker, management and culture all good. I was hired in as a mortgage processor with the hope to get into a different role. Face to face member service in sales. Left for a position in sales.
As a processor the goals with management were to close as many loans as possible with the extensive numbers of members in your pipeline.
Equity Lending Processor/Closer (Former Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: the comradery between the co-workers.
Return phone calls/emails, initials, closings and review loans for pre-closing. The most difficult aspect of the job is denying a loan for a member. The greatest feeling is processing a loan for a member that was in need of the funds.
grate place to work
Mortgage Service Specialist (Current Employee), viannia,vaJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: company events
Cons: open 24 hours
Navy Federal Credit Union is a grate place to work, my day starts at 7:30 am and the phone starts at 8:00 helping our customers is the best part of the job.
Consumer Loans Member Service Representative (Current Employee), winchester, vaJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work can be very busy, which is a plus. Management is great, advancement isn't relatively easy. Co-workers are great, allows us all to work as a team.
Great place
Delinquency Control Counselor III (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Got a job with Navy Fed after making a career change and I love it. Great place to work.
enjoy my job
Phones (Current Employee), undisclosed, usaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: bonus checks
Cons: sick leave policies, time clock policies, shady management
Enjoy my job but it's all who you know at this place. Beware. Management will not have your back if something is needed no matter how hard you work.
H-E-L-L HOLE
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
I thought this company would be a great place to work for. Starting out you receive a job in the call center, which is literally a sweat shop for back to back calls with angry members. The company allots you a certain amount of time to use as bathroom time during the month. If you go over this allotted time, you are reprimanded. You have to let them know in advance if you are going to have to take a sick day (how are you supposed to know that). You are considered essential personnel, so you must be there everyday on time even if there is 10 foot of snow. If your stuck on the interstate behind a traffic accident, you must use your saved annual leave time for the time you missed. No time for family, no time for anything but "assisting members." Things have gotten so bad I've seriously thought about quitting to work at a gas station...
Stability and benefits, but lacking innovation and creativity
Business Analyst (Current Employee), VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: quality of life
Cons: difficult to reach one's potential
If looking for stability, they've never had a layoff. The benefits make it difficult to leave. The perks alone make it superior to most jobs out there. Where it lacks is in its culture of progressive thinking. There isn't much, and progressive thinkers will quickly find themselves feeling confined. The "way" is a standard and the practice is rarely challenged. It's perfect for someone looking for a place from which to retire, but not so much for someone looking for a challenge.

If I had to work there forever, I wouldn't mind. If I had to leave, I'd regard it as an opportunity in disguise. Having said that, I'd recommend it as a place to work for any/everyone I know.
No work balance/lacked of management skills
Member Service Representative/ Part time (Former Employee), san diego ├žaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: need to get good managers, low pay
All I can say is Manager I work for has no idea how to manage. High turn over. supervisor has no clue of what she was doing. There was drama that management could did not fixed and it was uncomfortable to go work each day. No work balance, if you are part time very hard to get full time unless you are on the favorite list. work schedule was always different every two weeks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the members. I really enjoy assisting members with their financial needs. Navy Federal has great products and interest are low.
Very Good
Business Development Officer (Current Employee), Roswell, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Will speak in details. The company overall is very good to work for.
Great Benefits
Senior Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: student tution
Cons: n/a
Excellent work environment for mothers, great benefits and advancement.
Productive and good experience
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington Park, MDJanuary 14, 2015
learned good work ethics
learned patience skills
learned stronger office skills
learned attention to detail
given more responsibility with vault authority
learned customer service
Great Place to work.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: everything.
Cons: no cons.
Navy Federal in these past 7 months so far has been absolutely amazing. The staff is so nice and helpful. The work environment has been great. This is by far the most enjoyable job I have held in which I look forward to coming to work. Great company to work. I am proud to be a representative.
Stay away from the call center
Team Coach (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: the management
I worked for Navy Federal for over 5 years in various different departments. What I can say with certainty is that the Call Center in Winchester, VA is by far the WORST place to work. The management from the top down is terrible. Unlike other departments, you have no work life balance, instead you get penalized for everything that you do that is not up to their standards or the way that the scientific management is laid out for you.
Great Benefits
Market Research Strategist (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Navy Federal provides a great work/life balance. They understand how important family is.
Very productive daily schedule
Loan Officer, Full Time (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Learned a lot about mortgages and members and how to manage debts and requirements to own your own house .
Great second job
Delinquency Control Adviser (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Great for a second job if you have a family. Very cliquish and must know folks for growth within company.

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos

WEAR RED CAMPAIGN....WEAR RED TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS:)