Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced call center
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, VAMay 26, 2015
I opened new accounts and assisted members with existing checking and savings accounts. Fast paced and structured. could b very stressful when members were upset about their account
Excellent Organization, great benefits,
Loan Protection Claims Processor I (Current Employee), Pensacola FloridaMay 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits, incentives, bonuses
Cons: n/a
Well balanced workflow, diverse employer, room for advancement and learning opportunities. Management is fine, co workers are great. The work balances out and is well structured. The most enjoyable part would be interaction with members.
Looks great in the press
HR Professional (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMay 11, 2015
Overall compensation package is on the low end for Metro DC area. Annual bonus compensation makes up for the difference, but only if you stay on the good side of the very conservative, mostly ex-military leadership cadre. Work load is heavy but not difficult; lots of under-qualified people in leadership roles due to well-intentioned executive rotation program.
productive and fun place to work,great salary lovely environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), jacksonville flMay 8, 2015
its always a lovely day with the employees, very respectful and polite, its a work place where everyone gets along do their work, help out each other andf gets the job done
Navy Federal is a great place to work however this location (Pensacola) does not pay what I'm accustome io earning.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 4, 2015
Navy Federal is a great place to work however this location (Pensacola) does not pay what I'm accustom to earning. The position of loan officer is a great position to work.
This is the second time I've have had to complete this
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 1, 2015
Provided Members in all questions concerning their accounts, from account balances to Fraud on their account, was a typical day at work.
Great Company
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 27, 2015
I worked for a short time here but loved it, despite the demanding weekly goals it was great company to work for. They had good benefits and pay.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 23, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work. Navy Federal really looks out for its employees. Every day is a learning experience. Gained a tremendous amount of knowledge since working for the company.
Great place to work if you have kids
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Vienna, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance, stability, no lay offs
Cons: Some teams are slow, poor leadership
Some of the key benefits of working at NFCU:
Great work life balance
Bonuses based on performance of the CU
Lots of resources available if you can manage the politics
Some of the teams are great

Some of the difficulties:
Waiting for people to retire
Politics
Slow moving industry
Some of the teams and managers are truly terrible
Good Company
Member Services Southwest Area Representative (Former Employee), Leesville, LAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Opportunities for Growth
Cons: Short Breaks for some locations
Overall, great place to work for. Flexible hours, good pay, Diversity, and room for Advancement. Lunch Breaks could be longer but it is at the discretion of the branch manager. Working Saturdays are a must for most branches.
Good People and
Mortgage Support Associate (Current Employee), Vienna, VAApril 6, 2015
Great Learning environment because policies and rules are changing all the time. Spectacular service and member relations.
Great!
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Vienna, VAApril 1, 2015
Good place to work. Employees helpful and interested in furthering the goals of the company. Great benefits. The company is always improving it's technology.
Wonderful experrience
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: wonderful company to work for!
Cons: none.
take calls in a call center Go over bank account info...wires,open new accounts..offer products to satisfy the need of the Member etc
fast pace business
Title Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: becoming a member of the credit union
Cons: the commute to work and home each day
A typical day at the office consists of data entry, I learned different software created for the task at hand. I working the night shift my co-workers worked well in supporting one another on assignments.
Keep to yourself
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: You can get credit with them
Cons: They can take money from your account when they want
Don't believe anyone when they say you can talk to them off the record. Before you know it you will be written up for something you did out of the office. Image is everything to this company. If a high ranking officer makes a complaint on you, you can lose your job.
Awesome place with great benefits
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 19, 2015
It is a great place to work. People are amazing and the benefits are wonderful. Was employed for almost 20 years when i had a family emergency and had to leave. Easy to work your way up the ladder. They care about your career goals.
Leadership not management
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAMarch 17, 2015
Gave leaders the freedom to truly run the business, grow team members, enhance member service and be a true leader. Not micro managed, however that was at the leadership of a great Regional manager, not all regional managers are the same
Navy Federal Credit Union
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: cafe, snack shop and full gym and health center available
Cons: unbalanced work life, extremely stressful work environment at times, advancement opportunities are very difficult to gain and pay is not that great
Great place to work but advancement opportunity is very hard. Salary compensation really needs to be worked on as well as worker retention.
Productive, fulfilling, & fun work environment
Funds Disbursement Specialist II (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 14, 2015
The job allows for both personal and career growth. My management are some of the most supportive, sincere people I've ever come across and my coworkers make every day enjoyable. I love working with the credit union members and clients on the phone daily. This is one of the most fulfilling parts of the job- to interact with the people I am assisting directly. It is this fulfillment that makes the, sometimes 90 minute commute (one way), all the more bearable. Outside of the commute I wouldn't say that there is anything I would classify as hard per se but there are certainly challenging moments. When a client is upset there are tense moments which simply heighten my pride and sense of accomplishment when my team & I resolve the situation. Every day I learn more about operating systems and programs on the computer, how to interact with people from all walks of life and where I want to be ultimately in my own life.
Pay and Benefits are great, but management sucks!
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 13, 2015
They pay really well and offer great benefits. However, I worked in 3 different departments and all of the managers/supervisors that I worked under were jerks. I actually enjoyed what I did, I just couldn't stand the micromanaging, the a**hole supervisors, and the time constraints.

1 2 3 4 5

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos

WEAR RED CAMPAIGN....WEAR RED TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS:)