Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good company lots of perks
Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Texas1 December 2016
This is a great company to work for. They have alot of perks and really care about their people. The work is typical of most mortgage companies and there is a lot of room for growth
overall not bad
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia30 November 2016
company has its good points and bad points. great pay and benefits, high stress environment and limited flexibility. Co-workers best part of job.
4 positions into one.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL29 November 2016
I was hired as a loan officer and found out over the course of a short few months I was not only a loan officer but I was also processing, underwriting, marketing and finally a mortgage loan officer. This position could be classified as a hybrid position and it's not for everyone.
Pros
Bank Hours
Cons
Micro Management
Great company, experience depends on management
MSR & MLO (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL29 November 2016
I loved working for Navy Federal Credit Union for the three years I was there. Their benefits are amazing and they treat their employees with competitive pay. Each experience you have will of course be dependent on the current management team that you are under. Overall, great culture is pushed from corporate.
Amazing Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA26 November 2016
Overall Navy Federal is a great company to work for. They provide unparalleled benefits and opportunities for growth within the company. However, I would not recommend working in the contact center unless you have previous call center experience and its something you really enjoy. Working on the phones is tough and is not for the faint of heart. Most of my coworkers were amazing and the supervisors are very good at what they do. The company loves to show how much they appreciate their employees with catered lunches, casual Friday, and loads of discounts for entertainment.
Pros
great benefits, employee appreciation events, awesome coworkers
Cons
burnout
Awsome Place to work
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL18 November 2016
Navy Federal really cares about there employees and make sure to give them what they need to succeed. Great benefits and pay.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great Place
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA18 November 2016
Great place to work. Really enjoyed the time working there. Days can be long depending on job. However work life balance is still a key for Navy Federal.
Management not in tune with the real world to many Chiefs of nothing
Loan Officer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA14 November 2016
The culture has changed from helping members to making as much money as possible.

You are micro managed to where it is ridiculous. Your manager will never have their employees best interest at heart, or ever stand up for that employee, its just awful! Please don't ever make a suggestion you are not allowed to try and change anything ever if you don't think its working tough your opinion does not matter! There is nothing but constant bickering between the revolving door of employees about how the company lacks moral, not one person there likes their job even though they say they do, I was told so many times that if it wasn't for the benefits they would leave, as they all do eventually except for the life long employee robots Who fake it really well, you are not allowed to talk like most human beings do about anything personal, if you do you will get a very strange response. If you try and suggest an idea no one will want to chime in and say anything because you will then have a bulls eye on your back and you will be in their cross hairs.

The managers are all scared of each other. The training is cumbersome and redundant. Too many systems to learn and everything is integrated so no specialized systems, for different products its all mixed together and makes It very hard just to do a mortgage loan, car loan its all mixed together. They make tellers loan specialists although it takes years to be a good loan person.

All around awful place to work I still hear that from past employees I am glad I left a long time ago
Benefits
Cons
micro management, no sense of community, very strict, no laughing allowed.
Great benefits no job security
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL14 November 2016
I worked for this company for over 10 years. In all of my tenure I had never been coached, counseled, etc. Then one minor mistake cost me my job. This company treats their employees like sheep, you are only a number to them. No matter how hard you work or how loyal you are If you have an opinion you are targeted. The pensacola FL site is a joke. There are no other employers in that area that pay more than $10 an hour so they always get on the "top 100 companies to work for" well don't be fooled...it's bc there is nowhere else to work besides the military in that area. The only good thing I can say is their facilities and benefits. But beware..you can be fired at any moment for any reason. If you aren't a brown noser and you like to think outside the box..this isn't the place for you.
Benefits
Cons
Work atmosphere, management
Compensation was good.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL10 November 2016
The compensation was good. There is good management, it depends what team you are on. Training could be improved and all management does not train you the same.
Excellent working environment
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC9 November 2016
It was a very good experience to work with this company. All the coworkers and the managers were so nice and friendly. Supporting the users was also a great experience.
Impeccable place to work
Delinquency Control Counselor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VA4 November 2016
My day starts with reports, 250 calls exceeded, obtained product knowledge, great management support ,awesome team effort.
relieving financial strain
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Stressfull Commute
Credit Union
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL24 October 2016
Great company with tons of employee benefits. Competitive pay and bonuses. One of the best companies around. Amazing member service and really cares about their employees.
Okay workspace, very dictator-like
MSR (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA24 October 2016
Good benefits and compensation, terrible work/life balance, management not very efficient, very monotonous, good job for someone who doesn't like to be up and moving.
Good starter job but not a career
MSR (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA21 October 2016
The benefits provided were excellent but the salary is low and work/life balance does not exist. There is a high degree of micromanagement.
Pros
benfits
Cons
micromanagement
Eh it's a paycheck
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA18 October 2016
The compensation (medical and dental benefits) is great, the pay sucks. And the management...I can't begin to tell you how horrible it is. If you can't handle being tied to a phone for 8 hours a day in a call center this job is not for you. Don't expect to really advance anywhere unless you know someone who really suck up to someone. I've applied for 3 positions and got turned down and I'm a current employee. The pay I guess for a supervisor is good but not an MSR. I need to pay bills, and have a paycheck but I can't wait to find something better, better pay, better management, and again the pay for everything you have to do is way below scale. If you are just looking for a paycheck and can put up with not only supervisors BS and members BS then apply otherwise look elsewhere.
Pros
Free food at times
Cons
Management, pay, extremely hard to get time off
Very Challenging
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA18 October 2016
The training for this job was amazing. However, the job itself was very different from the experience on the floor. This is a very busy workplace but the benefits are amazing. Navy Federal is a very strict company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hours are not ideal.
Overall pretty great
Information Systems Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL14 October 2016
I enjoyed working at NFCU. I have worked in a couple different departments and can say the company culture is positively represented throughout most areas.
Great Enough
NFCU is a pretty great company to work with, I have no complaints. This was my first professional job out of college and I learned a lot about how to exist and succeed within a large company.
Navy Federal is a great company to work for
Check Processing Specialist-Outgoing Checks (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA10 October 2016
The company has a lot of growth opportunities and push for professional development. Navy federal is very big on health has a large workout center free to all employees and offer classes from 6 am in the morning to 6 pm in the evening daily.
Pros
Fully invested in the company after 2 years
Cons
Great health benefits and 401 K plan

4.2