Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great job and great pay
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL19 November 2017
Working at Navy Federal was a great place to develop and grow in a lot of different areas. Recognition is one of the main things Navy Fed takes pride in and they take great care of their employees.
Nfcu
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA17 November 2017
Days were long and hard. The amount of inbound calls and pipeline was a lot to manage. If you weren't an experienced loan officer, the culture/ environment would run over you.
Long term supervisor has no business overseeing others
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA17 November 2017
I was initially attracted by the great reviews for work life balance at Navy Federal. I can tell you that certain departments within Accounting are a horror story for life balance that myself and colleagues have never before encountered. We are seasoned professionals who are accustomed to be treated professionally, yet Navy Federal allows certain long-term managers to destroy any sense of values, commitment or pride in the workplace. A specific supervisor was ultra weak on personal skills, back stabs and undermines subordinates while intentionally under staffing the team and creating massive workloads for the rest. She commented about prospective hires that people with families are probably not a good fit for her team. The just-average benefits and pay did not begin to make up for the dysfunctional, abusive relationship our team members endured with her every day.
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HI16 November 2017
Navy Federal is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employees and want the best for their members. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Navy Federal was all good at first...
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL15 November 2017
NFCU was all good AT first I was happy just knew I was going to be there awhile, but as time went on I got depressed this job stressful asf, they expect to much of you, it's like no matter how hard you try, it's always something that you have to do extra and try to take the further step, you either doing too much or doing too less, and it shouldn't be that way. I personally think this company requires to be the best and that's fine, but what also need to be known is that everything can't always be perfect. I recommend to the people if you just going to have this as a job, that's cool but if you want a career I feel you should go back to school and get your degree in your preferred field. To each is own but this is not the career for me. It's other jobs out here that pay real good, and is not stressful. S/O to the ones who can continue with it. Hope you make that cut son.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Management, Stressful
Great company
SAVINGS & CHECKING OPS SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA15 November 2017
Offer a lot for employees full paid 11 week maternity leave, great benefits. Opportunity for growth. Relaxed work environment. Business casual attire Jeans on Friday.
No review
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL14 November 2017
You get what you ask for, understand that managers have their personal issues also. So do your job and not let a manager problems affect the way you perform or cause you to lose your job.
Digital Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL11 November 2017
It was fun, very busy, competitive, overwhelming, strict in most cases, very crowded but organized, hardest part of the job was being the bigger person when you know that management isn't what they drill into their employees head. Overall, it was a great job, I would encourage anyone to apply, in order to grasp their own experience.
Working here is not all it's made out to be
Business Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL10 November 2017
The supervisors in the Business Services Department are just plain PETTY. They have their pets and if you aren't one of them, they do not like you, no matter how hard you try for the sake of your job. Coming to work everyday to fear for your job is not my ideal dream job. No thanks. Good luck to whoever fills my spot, hope you make the cut! ;)
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You fear for your job everyday if you aren't the supervisor's pet.
Call Center
Resolution Correspondence Specialist ll (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA9 November 2017
Stressful environment, but they continue to try to improve. Great benefits. Advance quickly. Lots of employee perks. Recommend working there if can handle a call center environment.
Benefits
Cons
Call center
Great place
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA8 November 2017
I enjoyed my time at Navy Federal. They have great pay and overtime was very helpful. Great work life balance and training was impeccable. I would highly recommend it.
great place to work
Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Banker (Former Employee) –  sigonella, sicily7 November 2017
NFCU is an amazing institution to work for. The culture is great and the employee involvement was always above and beyond. They provided many tools and resources to learn and grow to further your advancement within the company.
Terrible
Delinquency Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  Virgina5 November 2017
Starting to work here was the greatest mistake of my life. The work was mind-numbing-ly boring. Within the first week of training, I realized I would rather spend the rest of my life doing janitorial work than ever doing the job I was doing.

People were meh..but the culture was okay I guess. I just hated the work itself. It was making me depressed. Being on the clock and having every minute of the day scrutinized was awful. The most annoying aspect of the job, aside from the actual work, was the emails I would receive from the supervisors with extremely passive-aggressive comments about going to the bathroom too often or getting up to stretch or get a drink of water.

Quitting that job will forever remain the greatest moment of my life. Sorry future wife and children.
Pros
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA3 November 2017
Since 1933, Navy Federal Credit Union has grown from seven members to over 5 million. With more than $63 billion in assets, the credit union’s 260 branches span across the United States and 12 countries. Navy Federal's vision has remained focused on serving the unique financial needs of our field of membership of active duty, Reserve, and retired military personnel, as well as Department of Defense civilian personnel and military dependents. By providing outstanding value and service that inspires trust, members become advocates who share the benefits of Navy Federal with others. With a motto of “Once a member, always a member,” Navy Federal believes in lifelong membership. A member can leave the military, change employers, move, retire, get married, and never have to leave the credit union.
fun workplcae, does not invest in employees
TITLE REVIEW SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  VA3 November 2017
Navy federal seems like a great company while you are working there, however most employees are temporary employees so they do not have to provide pto or any benefits. they also don't invest in their employees because most of them are replaceable temps so people are employed or let go with demand.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL1 November 2017
It was a great place to work and most the time friendly and supportive. Only reason I left I wanted to drop to part time and they do not offer part time.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Stressful
Negative work experience and environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL31 October 2017
The ones being advanced in my opinion over a five-year span has been those who are not trained in management and or thrown into the job not knowing how to do it or how to properly manage employees. There is an unrealistic expectation of job duties in the mortgage department. Most of the management I experienced and refinance do not themselves know how to process alone front to back.
Pros
Free birthday lunch
Cons
Bad work environment
Navy Federal is a great place to work
Survivor Support Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL31 October 2017
NFCU is a great company to work for. I have been there for over 3 years now and I have worked in 3 different departments and each department and branch has been great! The work life balance can be difficult because the schedule is not as flexible but the culture and benefits help that out a lot.
Amazing experience
Supervisor Loss Mitigation Underwriting (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA30 October 2017
I have been fortunate and blessed to have a wonderful journey at Navy Federal. I am grateful for every growth opportunity and every experience provided.
Needs to turn over C-level suite
Manager, Credit Card Servicing (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA30 October 2017
Management needs to turn over to keep pace with today's environment. The COO has been there for 40 years and holds back progress. The overall technical infrastructure needs an overhaul.
Pros
Lots of employee events
Cons
old school, slow paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2