Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
extremly stressfull job
CONTACT CENTER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Winchester, VAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: benifits and pay
Cons: all the restrictions, the bigest 1 hr per month to use the bathroom
position in its self is enjoyable if you like customer service. But the company and all its restrictions makes the job unbearable. Your told how to talk, you can't be natural. You get 1hr per month to use the restroom. Can not get time off when needed for Dr's apts, family emergency etc. your calls are montored and graded constantly.
I'm currently employed with Navy Federal Credit Union
ACH Receipt Operations (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good Lunch, I love Shrimp Pizza.
Cons: Parking, like everywhere, it's growing!!!
This workplace teaches everyone that we're a large team in this game. And even more we're a family. I'm met the greatest people here at Navy Federal. I hope my future jobs are similar and I can hold the tears back when I leave someday.
Great pay, just stressful no work life balance at all
Member Service Rep (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: short breaks, work life balance
NFCU means well but they over do it with requirements once you start the job. I got this kind of job in the contact center to avoid telemarketing jobs or having to be a sales person period, that's just not my thing. In which "GEM" (guiding and engaging members) is their substitute for being a salesman. Moving up is hard by meeting those requirements. Work life balance is terrible!
Very interesting place to work
Memeber Service Representative (Former Employee), Belle Chasse, LAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: bonuses for great peromance and oppotunities for advancement
I enjoyed meeting the different men and women from DOD . The different backgrounds and experiences they share is really interesting .In this job you really build a relationship with the members because they are trusting you with they're personal information . I always enjoyed working with my co workers we were like one big family, some were military wives some weren't. It was hard to get close to some of them because they may only be there for a short time . I really enjoyed being a teller/MSR because I gained a lot of knowledge in finance.
Great Job
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 20, 2015
Navy Federal is a great company to work for the best I've worked for by far. They are member and employee oriented and that's rare and awesome.
A great and amazing place to work for.
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pensacola , FloridaAugust 19, 2015
I love working for Navy Federal and wish that I could continue working there the only thing holding me back is having to relocate I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
Navy Federal Credit Union is one of the best places to work.
Refinance and Mortgage Processor/ Closer Level III (Current Employee), Vienna, VAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: There benefits
Navy Federal offers their employees a career. There are a lot of incentives such as a competitive salaries, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, retirement plans with employer match, award-winning training programs, professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave and work/life programs.
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee), FloridaAugust 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for. The management is helpful and the environment is positive. I would recommend this organization to anyone interested.
Review
bank teller (Former Employee), okinawa japanJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great opportunity for advancement and great company president
Cons: horrible far east 1 management
Navy Federal is a great company to work for with even greater opportunities for advancement. However, overseas management has no consistency in anything that they do whatsoever. Favoritism is often put to play here. Training can be botched due to the high turnover rate at times. Aside from that, I am sure that not every branch or region for that matter, operates in the same way.
Sr. Fraud Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, employees are really nice
Cons: hard to move up
I enjoyed working at nfcu. I worked there for almost nine years. Its a family oriented environment, and benefits are great.
great company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work life balance
excellent benefits . work life balance is an issue depending on department. overall it is a nice place to work , no micro managing and ability to grow.
Great Benefits
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), overseasJuly 6, 2015
Navy Fed treats their employees very well and the benefits are amazing. I enjoyed my time working there and only left due to my family relocating.
Perfect for military spouse's
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 4, 2015
This company gives employees the opportunity to transfer when spouse's PCS to their new duty station. Has a wonderful annual bonus program.
Qulaity Service for Military personell and their families.
member service representative II (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free food; great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work would be answering inbound calls from military families and other members of the credit union. Provided deatiled and general information on account; establishing membership; taking loan applications and titles calls and also servicing those applications and titling issues. Hardest part of the job would be the high call volume. Great atmosphere and wonderful and upbeat co workers
enjoyed working at Navy Federal Credit union
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 1, 2015
a typical day on the job consisted of printing loan documents to review once in the morning and once again the the afternoon. once loan documents were ready for the members to sign a phone call would be made to the member to notify them. I would review documents with members have members sign documents and disburse loan drafts.
Excellent Job Environment and Well Paid
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Well Paid, great benefit.
Cons: short breaks
A great place work and i have been a teller and do Transactions
Wester Union
Account Maintenance
Wire Transfer
ACH Origination
Credit card Maintenance
Best Place I have worked for
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 26, 2015
I love to serve the Military Families. Navy Federal offers Team members a variety of training to better serve the members and help the team member in their career path.
Over the top micro-managing
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 24, 2015
Pros: compensation is better than most
Cons: no personal time and they watch you like a hawk. Always get into trouble for something
I worked there for almost 2 years and even though I received a ton of commendations and certificates for scoring over 100% on my phone evaluations, I was still terminated due to "incidentals." I am a single mom and have two children. They get sick, it happens, it's life.... but they don't care. It's also impossible to promote as they make it very difficult and its very competitive with new and seasoned employees. Horrible work/life balance as well. Abusive members and takes a psychological toll on you from both sides.
Great company to work for
Member Service Rep (Current Employee), Rockville MDJune 23, 2015
Great company to work for, been there for 7.5 years, now ready for a change.
Benefits are great as well as 401k.
Head Quarters is a great location to work, it has gym, food court etc.
very stable job
Loan and Credit Card Application Specialist (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 23, 2015
I enjoyed my co-workers and pay/benefits. The managers were not very professional (my opinion). The hours were a bit of an inconvenience. My days off changed from week to week so it was hard to schedule anything outside of work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos

WEAR RED CAMPAIGN....WEAR RED TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS:)