Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Complex and labored
Mortgage Loan Officer I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Assisting a buyer close their home loan, makes my day & brings me enormous joy to know they own their home. With new TRID guidelines there needs to be more communication with all parties. Each day remained the same, lots of emails, phone calls, Pre-Approvals, Speaking with my processor regarding all live loans, Closing Disclosures to be Approved. There is always a list of items daily, which needs to be confirmed with all members and submit the loan for lending decision. Approx 20 - 40 emails to review at the start of my day, before I begin my day. I learned the majority of my experiences as a Mortgage Loan Officer with NFCU, each loan is unique in its own way, no 2 loans will ever be the same. There is never a dull moment. Management needs more assistance, as there is only Supervisor and Manager, and with 8 Loan officers, there is never enough time for them to get to all of our questions or issues as needed. It is always great when they can pull a miracle out of the hat. The hardest thing I feel is letting a member know that their application or purchase contract has been denied, due to unforseen circumstances. But that they can always start new, or they know what they can do to move towards being able to qualify to purchase a home. I have a great bunch of fellow co-workers that are in all different stages of the team, I do provide support and assist them as needed.
Pros
PIP, employee benefits
Cons
Not enough time, too much left to do
Fun workplace
Underwriter and Project Staff Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 26, 2016
I really enjoy working for navy federal. The staff I work with are very friendly! Company takes care of its employees and the management staff are there to help everyone meet their full potential.
Benefits
Cons
Can't think of any
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 24, 2016
Navy Federal is a great place to work and grow as an employee. They pay well and have awesome incentives and employee benefits. They also care about their members and empower their employees to make decisions and listen to how processes can be improved.
Pros
employee benefits, lots of locations
Cons
short breaks, limited leave time
Prouctive
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 19, 2016
What I've learned at Navy Federal was how to be productive in a high intensity work environment and how to execute timely deadlines.
Good working environment.
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJanuary 18, 2016
Most of the the work are repetitive but we always have something new to learn and always excited about the changes. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the management who act as boss not leader. Learning something new.
Pros
Benefits, Bonuses, Company outings.
Cons
favoritism
Great Place to Work
Equity Processor (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 14, 2016
One of the best employers I have ever worked for. Benefits are absolutely amazing and the commute from any Northern VA, Maryland or DC location is amazing.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Best Place I ever worked
Manager, Branch Office (Current Employee) –  Guantanamo Bay, CubaJanuary 7, 2016
I have learned so much about banking and serving those who serve us. I love the culture of Navy Federal and how well the company takes care of the employees.
Mortgage Experience
Mortgage Supervisor Review Team (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Review files for sale to end investor- QA/UW duties
Supervise and manage 20+ employees who review mortgage loans from the point of application through closing
to ensure the completion and accuracy of documentation as well as the quality control component for delivery
to end investor.
Acts as review for salability evaluation by determining eligibility and compliance of all verifiable portions of the loan application
In depth knowledge of GSE guidelines and program matrix in order to ensure valid findings
Knowledge of RESPA, TIL, CFPB and ECOA regulations and various regulatory compliance requirements
Ensure and maintain high standards for quality reviews and timely completion in order to get files closed and booked
Oversee and manage the day to day mortgage loan review team of Conventional, Choice, HAR and VA loan team
Monitor and evaluate work quality and audit daily for review team production and accuracy
Plans, coordinates, directs and supervises the work of subordinate personnel
Take action to ensure all personnel are trained to obtain all documentation necessary to complete the loan file review
Experience in preparing legal documents and ability to review content for accuracy
Conduct interviews, performance reviews, coaching and mentoring and overall development of employees
Ability to direct and motivate employees for maximum production while maintaining a work life balance
Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage by meeting goals on a consistent basis
Works independently
  more... and also in a team environment
Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as efficient planning and organizational skills
Ability to work well under pressure and stress
Respond to member concerns, complaints and issues
I loved the CEO of the company and best place to work
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 5, 2016
Doing different job every day, opportunity to learn on wide scale, Great Management team, Fun and enjoying my time with my co-workers, No hardest part of this job, most enjoyable resolving issue and getting compliments from management which motivate me to work harder.
Excellant Place to Work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 31, 2015
I have enjoyed my time with NFCU, but feel that the market I am currently in is holding me back from advancing. I have a lovely and wonderful team that I manage. I have learned and grown professionally while being at NFCU
Comfortable work environement
REGIONAL TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 23, 2015
Having been at Navy Federal now for 5 years I feel that it is an overall good place to work. Especially if you work at Headquarters in Vienna, Va. They make it a very comfortable situation with all of the amenities, events, and perks that we receive being here.
Pros
Fun environment, lots of ammenities on campus
Cons
Pay not as compettitve as it should be based on area and cost of living
I would have to rate Navy Federal as the best job I've ever worked
Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cantonment, FLDecember 16, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Navy Federal. They were a great company with excellent benefits. They always treated their employees with respect and I also had an excellent schedule. The customers wasn't always the best to handle but the job itself made up for any bad days. I really miss working for them
Pros
excellent benefits, great coworkers, awesome schedules, excellent pay
Cons
none that I can think of
Phenomenal Company
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 13, 2015
Navy Federal is a great company to work for. I have banked with them for over 12 years, but I honestly couldn't tell you which side of the desk is better. They truly care about their employees as much as they do their members.
great training not as quick to advance as they say
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 7, 2015
offer a lot of training opportunities, one of the best places I've worked. Typical day is answering phone calls, no time to socialize. Very structured and efficient
Great Company
Delinquency Control Counselor I/II/III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 5, 2015
Great Company, Great Benefits. I had a great time working there. I learned very much about he world of banking. Gained great skills in several different fields.
Company is great; some poor management
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 3, 2015
Navy Fed is an amazing company to work for. They have great pay and benefits, but believe me when I say... you really work for what you get. It takes a toll on you emotionally, which is a good route to learning structure and how to handle certain situations. There are members who will make you shake with anger or cry from frustration, but there are those who will take the time to appreciate you and compliment your efforts. You just literally have to be prepared for the unknown. Whatever schedule you get out of training, that's what you're stuck with until after your 6 month mark. You earn annual leave and sick leave with each paycheck, but be sure not to use it. Also, don't accidentally cross your supervisor. Make sure you follow hierarchy policies, even if it inconveniences the member you're speaking with; it could result in tension on a daily basis and huge disciplinary actions. You will be trained on the basics, but there is A LOT of on the job training, so be prepared and willing to continually learn. If you're a very family-oriented person, and needing a flexible schedule to accommodate them, this job isn't for you.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Stress
Productive place to work
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 28, 2015
This company provided environment to work independently as well as with group. They have some facilities provided that let us refresh our self to motivate for the work.
Productive and good training
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 22, 2015
Management and security expectations held high. Training was proficient, efficient, and usably outside the work place. Interacted with many kinds of people from all over the world.
Pros
Training and engagements with the members
Cons
Restrictions to what we can help members with.
Long Hours
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCNovember 14, 2015
Very long hours. Most days worked until 7 pm and worked several Saturdays. It was a fun place to work, and build relationships with members
Supervisor, Branch Office (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NENovember 13, 2015
Best part of working at the Navy Federal Branch, the branch team and the Credit Union members. Wonderful way to support military and their families.