Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Compensation/Benefits are excellent for entry level position
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 1, 2016
*Assist members in very high call volume CCO (Account Services)
*Training was decent learned a great deal about banking
*Management can be hit or miss for myself my supervisor was great
*co-workers were friendly on my team, assist line however not so much
*hardest part of the job was the hours, and inconsistent schedule/angry public (but you'll have that anywhere)
*best part of the job was when the members were truly grateful for our help (which is a rare thing)
Pros
Compensation/Benefits are excellent for entry level position
Cons
Hours/days off. Very stressful overall
Relaxing and independent workplace
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 22, 2016
Great environment. Wonderful benefits; gym, lounge, message chairs, on-site clinic, and cafeteria. However, many employees are forced to moved to other buildings off campus and teleworking opportunity has been revoked. Constantly changing supervisors and coaches which makes I difficult to advance. Its all about who you know and not what you know that gets you promoted.
Pros
benefits, management, flexible hours
Cons
Job advancement, Constant system failures, Software needs improvement
very comfortable work environment
Assisting members (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 1, 2016
I love assisting members and meeting new people. fast paced but very doable. I love the platform side more than the cash handling side but you get what you get. Manager's set the schedule and decide where you will be that particular day. I have had great managers who give you the option of flexibility when available to do platform even if I was scheduled for cash handling if I wasnt feeling very well.
Pros
quarterly incentives
Cons
n/a
Micro managing and expendable employees.
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 24, 2016
Management was a joke. They let me go due to "cultural fit" in other words they did not like me. Great company, but serious problem with management, they do not try to explore other options for employees or try to focus on improving their career. They treat their temps extremely bad as well. Would not ever want to work here again.
Pros
Facility, gym, amenities, location
Cons
Parking, management, software, bad treatment of employees/temps
Great pay and benefits, amazing supervisor
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 6, 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is a great company to work for. The benefits and pay are great. However, it is not for the faint of heart. If you cannot handle members being super angry at you and taking their frustrations out on you in sometimes very vulgar ways, I don't suggest this field of work. However, the supervisor I had was absolutely amazing in taking the time aside to work with me on things I did not quite understand. I admire him very much for that. It's a great company to work for overall, but it is a very hectic and always changing job environment that can take a huge emotional toll on an individual especially if you have mental health issues.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Mentally straining
Overview
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 19, 2016
On a typical work day, it was very busy. I learned how to connect with the member as well as service them without being face to face. The management there was good and my co-workers were excellent. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the ongoing changes and updates with the policies that were constantly changing. However the most enjoyable part was the recognition for our service and training.
Great place to work with many perks and benefits
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 30, 2016
There are many, many perks for working at Navy Federal. Working in Teams helps you and the Customer. The Customer relies on your knowlege to help them with their various Accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the Customers and being part of a Team.
Pros
Pay. Gym and Food on Premises.
Cons
The workload very seldom slows down.
High Volume Mortgage Lending
Mortgage Processor and Closer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 15, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. The company does make try to make the stress of work tolerable, but most of the times the volume is so high that maintaining a work life balance is very challenging.

The work ethic, culture and team support is amazing. Peers and leader are always supportive and helpful.
Benefits
Great working environment
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 26, 2016
I absolutely loved working here. They ladies I worked with were awesome. This was the a great experience and I learned so much. The training is intense, but it is all necessary. The employees are treated very well. Everyone has a chance to help with marketing and the community events are always fun.
Pros
NFCU takes care of the employees
Cons
I had to relocate
The best company to work for ...
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 26, 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is the best company I've worked for. They take care of not only their members but employees as well. The CEO of the company has to be one of the most down to earth people you'll ever encounter.

No company is perfect, it has it cons but it doesn't take away the fact Navy Federal is a great company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, employee recognition, CEO, location
Cons
30 minutes lunches
Poor Management
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 25, 2016
Have to stand all day, basically teach yourself everything you know, management is poorly chosen and everything has to be done in the back office. The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the members and some of the activities they have and we make up.
Pros
Wellness benefits, Yearly bonus
Cons
Work/life, time off, management
Oustanding Company
Mortgage Default Supervisor-Member Outreach (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 8, 2016
NFCU is and outstanding company to be employed with. They really take care of their employees by offering competitive salaries, great benefits, 401k, and bonuses. The headquarter office has a full gym, cafeteria, parking structure and many more additions to make for a pleasant work environment.
productive place to work and learn banking skills
Delinquency Control Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 20, 2016
Its a call center so there is no real room for originality. You red a script to the same people all day every day. Hours are long and management is horrible, with this company its about who you know not what you know.
Pros
great benefits, great bonuses
Cons
no room for advancement, no work life balance, bad management
Great Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 18, 2016
For those who are young and fit in, this is a great company to work for. Most of management and supervisors are young and in their 20's. The majority of those in contact center on the Gulf Coast are out of high school. If you fit in and upper management likes you, you are more likely to move up within the company. Some form opinions about others without knowing pertinent information. Based on what they perceive to be true instead of facts. A great company for the area, this is one of Forbes top 100 companies to work for in the United States. State of the art equipment and world star service for members and employees alike. Free classes to advance education and move up from within.
Pros
Continuing Education is encouraged
Cons
Poor work life balance
Productive and conservative environment. Large building with a large campus including gym, cafe , and several personal lunch areas, outdoor trail.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 6, 2016
A typical day at Navy Federal is a quite day filled with smiles. I've learned about Navy Federals corporate environment. Management there is stellar.My co-workers are supportive. The hardest part of my job is serving all of my customer due to the vast amount of employees there. The most enjoyable part of my day is solving problems a customer might experience.
Pros
Campus
Great Benefits but very demanding OT
Delenquincy Control Couselor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work: Long hours and a lot of mandatory OT
What I learned: I learned to calm down irate members and how to resolve situations.
Management: Management is tricky especially when you are young. The managers in the "Collection Dept" only care about themselves.
Hardest Part of the Job: The 3 hour daily commute not including the crazy mandatory OT.
Most enjoyable part of the Job: Interacting with new individuals everyday.
Awesome!!
Delinquency Control Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 10, 2016
This is the best job that I have ever had. They actually care about you and your life. They have a yearly bonus that you get based on your performance review. They have a Christmas bonus also. They have a variety of schedules to fit your life. Management is great also. The hourly pay rate is also good.
The best company to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 5, 2016
Excellent training for the job.
Assistance and additional training as needed
Management and team members are always willing to offer help
Very friendly and safe work environment
Incentives and awards for a job well done
Pros
A company that goes above and beyind
Cons
None I found
Mortgage production side of company has poor work/life balance.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 13, 2016
NFCU as a company is a great place to work if you are not in their call center or with their mortgage operations. Unfortunately, I was a loan officer there. During the interview, they show you the ping pong table and foosball table in the break room. What they don't tell you is that you will NEVER have time to play them. Or see your kids in the evenings for that matter.

If you are coming to NFCU for IT, finance/accounting, management, definitely come on in, benefits are excellent... but if you are in the mortgage industry, consider this your warning.
Pros
Work with a good group of people
Cons
Mortgage Supervisors/Management too concerned over their job security to care about you.
A decent place to work
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 19, 2016
In most departments, you feel like you are working with family. Management is easy to get along with and people tend to stay a long time at their positions. This makes it hard to advance in the same department; however, there is still ways to move up through networking.
Pros
If you know the right people, you'll advance well.
Cons
If you are not well known, you may get stuck in one area.

4.2