Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

The best company to work for ...
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 26, 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is the best company I've worked for. They take care of not only their members but employees as well. The CEO of the company has to be one of the most down to earth people you'll ever encounter.

No company is perfect, it has it cons but it doesn't take away the fact Navy Federal is a great company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, employee recognition, CEO, location
Cons
30 minutes lunches
Overview
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 19, 2016
On a typical work day, it was very busy. I learned how to connect with the member as well as service them without being face to face. The management there was good and my co-workers were excellent. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the ongoing changes and updates with the policies that were constantly changing. However the most enjoyable part was the recognition for our service and training.
Great Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 18, 2016
For those who are young and fit in, this is a great company to work for. Most of management and supervisors are young and in their 20's. The majority of those in contact center on the Gulf Coast are out of high school. If you fit in and upper management likes you, you are more likely to move up within the company. Some form opinions about others without knowing pertinent information. Based on what they perceive to be true instead of facts. A great company for the area, this is one of Forbes top 100 companies to work for in the United States. State of the art equipment and world star service for members and employees alike. Free classes to advance education and move up from within.
Pros
Continuing Education is encouraged
Cons
Poor work life balance
Productive and conservative environment. Large building with a large campus including gym, cafe , and several personal lunch areas, outdoor trail.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 6, 2016
A typical day at Navy Federal is a quite day filled with smiles. I've learned about Navy Federals corporate environment. Management there is stellar.My co-workers are supportive. The hardest part of my job is serving all of my customer due to the vast amount of employees there. The most enjoyable part of my day is solving problems a customer might experience.
Pros
Campus
Great Benefits but very demanding OT
Delenquincy Control Couselor (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work: Long hours and a lot of mandatory OT
What I learned: I learned to calm down irate members and how to resolve situations.
Management: Management is tricky especially when you are young. The managers in the "Collection Dept" only care about themselves.
Hardest Part of the Job: The 3 hour daily commute not including the crazy mandatory OT.
Most enjoyable part of the Job: Interacting with new individuals everyday.
Mortgage production side of company has poor work/life balance.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 13, 2016
NFCU as a company is a great place to work if you are not in their call center or with their mortgage operations. Unfortunately, I was a loan officer there. During the interview, they show you the ping pong table and foosball table in the break room. What they don't tell you is that you will NEVER have time to play them. Or see your kids in the evenings for that matter.

If you are coming to NFCU for IT, finance/accounting, management, definitely come on in, benefits are excellent... but if you are in the mortgage industry, consider this your warning.
Pros
Work with a good group of people
Cons
Mortgage Supervisors/Management too concerned over their job security to care about you.
productive place to work and learn banking skills
Delinquency Control Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 20, 2016
Its a call center so there is no real room for originality. You red a script to the same people all day every day. Hours are long and management is horrible, with this company its about who you know not what you know.
Pros
great benefits, great bonuses
Cons
no room for advancement, no work life balance, bad management
A decent place to work
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 19, 2016
In most departments, you feel like you are working with family. Management is easy to get along with and people tend to stay a long time at their positions. This makes it hard to advance in the same department; however, there is still ways to move up through networking.
Pros
If you know the right people, you'll advance well.
Cons
If you are not well known, you may get stuck in one area.
Compensation and Benefits
Delinquent Control Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 21, 2016
Navy Federal is a great place to work for. The benefits are great and advancement is good. It all depends on where you work at within the company. For me I did not like working in collections. I enjoy working with people face to face and not over the phone. It was not an exciting job to do, plus there was a lot of rude members who were delinquent.
Pros
working for a great company
Cons
long periods of sitting answering calls.
Love it
CCO Consumer loan (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA 22180May 12, 2016
I love everything about this company , my bosses, coworkers, the customers. This is the nicest place with nicest people on earth that I've ever work with. And they're just down to earth so nice. If I didn't have to relocate due to family issues, I wouldn't leave. This is the kind of place and people that make you wanna stay for the job, and do more for the job.
Account Resolution Specialist
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 10, 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is one of the best place to work, they have excellent employee benefits(401 K, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holiday. short and long term disability, job security, educational program. employee incentive.. Working with Navy Federal is very rewarding. I've learned a lot about people specially their financial situation. I handled escalated calls at Navy Federal, I listened and explained to my members about their accounts I find ways to accommodate their needs. I noted their account that member and I met an agreement, I've given my name and phone number to a lot of our members just for future reference. I love helping people and my coworkers are like my family outside home,
Awesome!!
Delinquency Control Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 10, 2016
This is the best job that I have ever had. They actually care about you and your life. They have a yearly bonus that you get based on your performance review. They have a Christmas bonus also. They have a variety of schedules to fit your life. Management is great also. The hourly pay rate is also good.
Member Service Representative/Vault Custodian (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
Depends on which branch location you work at. Training is fairly easy and interactive. The hardest part of the job is being consistent with members when they are being told one thing by other branches or over the phone via contact center.
Pros
Flexible leave, Training in all areas, Great Insurance
The best company to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 5, 2016
Excellent training for the job.
Assistance and additional training as needed
Management and team members are always willing to offer help
Very friendly and safe work environment
Incentives and awards for a job well done
Pros
A company that goes above and beyind
Cons
None I found
Worst position in the Mortgage industry
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 4, 2016
With 15 years in the mortgage industry, this is by far the worst position I have ever had. Its impossible to meet their expectations in a normal 8 hour shift. Your slaved to your desk and required to work overtime. You can forget about having a life or seeing your children at night. Only thing managers care about is making the numbers. Its unfortunate because Navy Federal is a good company. Its the mortgage division that is a nightmare!

Over whelming work load, 60 to 100 in the pipeline
Processors are overloaded too so a lot of closing are delayed
Mandatory overtime
On call until 9pm 365 days a year
Co workers are crying from the work load (literally)
No life/work balance
Low quality training
No management support
$50 for closing 11 loans in a month incentive
Micromanaging
Understaffed
List goes on
Pros
Pimp, benifits
Cons
managers, incentives, low moral. very stressful environment
Excellent benefits and pay, work/life balance is difficult
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 22, 2016
In this area, they are known as being one of if not the top employer for their benefits, pay, and upward mobility. All of these points are accurate and true. However, once one gets to a supervisor or management level, office politics and agendas prevent good work/life balance.
Pros
Insurance, benefits, employee assistance programs, gym, annual bonus
Cons
lack of support for some positions, management not walking the talk, office politics
If you love customer interaction, this job is for you.
Loan Processor-MSR (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 1, 2016
I've worked with NFCU for over 2 years now, and I love the overall culture and work environment. Of course there are some pros and cons but that's any job. But Navy Federal will make sure they compensate you for any bad days that you have.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
n/a
Supervisor of Branch Operations
Supervisor of Branch Operations (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSApril 25, 2016
Do not work here in management if you care about your family life. The first and only three months of my career here, I was thrown to the wolves. I was told hired on, Saturdays were rotated to once every three weeks between three managers. I worked every Saturday up until my last day. There is great training tools and web training available. The MSRs at my location were very nice and understanding during my time there. There were high turnover for the position I held and I can tell why. There is no compassion from the branch manager to any associates. It's strictly business. And if you do something wrong, it will never be forgotten. The feedback program is not accurate. It will asks for your immediate supervisor, which is not the branch manager, unless you're the assistant manager writing a review. So the actual root of the problem will never be addressed.
Pros
rewards, pay
Cons
management
Excellent company to work for
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 19, 2016
Rated in the Top 10 companies to work for by Forbes for many years. Excellent pay and they take great care of their employees. Was very sad to leave due to spouses work relocation and there being no branches in the local area.
Teamwork Outstanding
Contact Center Card Fraud Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 19, 2016
12 years with NFCU, Awesome training, Awesome team, I have learned to be the Best of the Best, assist the member, communicate with team and upper authority. Go above to assist the member, the conversation with a member will be remembered to show Outstanding relations.
Pros
Bonus

4.2