RESPONSIBLE FOR HANDLING ALL BAGAGE COMING DOWN THE OVERSIZE CONVEYORS.
- RESOLVE BAG JAMS.
- RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HANDLLING OF BAGAGE AT THE "BAGAGE PROBLEM" DOCKS, THAT IS TO SAY BAGS WHICH FELL ON THE WRONG DOCKING STATION.
- OPERATE THE MANUAL CODING STATION FOR BAGS.
- MANUALLY IDENTIFY LUGGAGE LABELS WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN READ BY THE AUTOMATIC IDENTIFICATION DEVICES.
- COLLECT BINS IN THE BAGGAGE ROOM AND BRING TO THE DESIGNATED POINTS AT DEPARTURES
- PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTINGENCY PLAN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONTINGENCY PLANS IN FORCE
- APPLY RAKING PROCEDURES AT THE END OF NIGHT, ESTABLISH THE INVENTORY OF THE REMAINING BAGGAGE AND CONTROL THE FIRE DOORS.
- FOLLOW ALL GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES FOR BAGGAGE CONTROLE (EDS - CATSA check-points)
- ADAPTABILITY TO CHANGES IN THE WORKLOAD.
- ABLE TO SPEAK in English and French
An Aircraft Appearance Specialist (AAS) is a part-time position with responsibility for cleaning the interior of the aircraft according to the airlines’ standards and in compliance with the safety regulations. You will work in a team to clean the aircraft (seats, pockets, trays, and windows; replace magazines/blankets/pillows; galleys and lavatories; to dust and vacuum).
- 18 years or older (Transport Canada requirement)
- Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status with at least 5 years in Canada (Transport Canada requirement)
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance (Airport Restricted Area Identification Card) through Transport Canada
- You must be available and flexible to work a variety of shifts including afternoons, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Reliable work record with ability to perform work accurately and efficiently within a limited time frame.
- Previous cabin cleaning or janitorial experience is a definite asset.
- Valid Driver’s License ( an asset)
We offer paid training, a benefits package, uniforms, and growth opportunities.
For immediate consideration, please respond to this ad.
Location: Dorval International Airport
NavStar Aviation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.