NatWest Employee Reviews

Ruined by detached hierachy
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside24 March 2017
Used to be a fine place to work, spending the majority of time meeting with clients, looking for new ways to be introduced new business. You would feel like part of the community.

As time went on, the role became far more controlled and office-based as the administration workload increased. No real direction given and far too many decisions were taken by out of touch directors i.e. persons who had not done a client facing role for a number of years and did not seem to grasp how the economic climate affected them and their ever changing needs.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Cons
Only ever commended on sales, despite all the hard work that went into every working week
Good fun
Corporate Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  manchester20 March 2017
KPI related

corporarte loans i sanctioned. got to see manchester united games
good staff, lovely boss, pay could be a bit better. Compliant with all relevant bodies
Great colleagues, poor treatment
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom12 March 2017
All of the teams and managers I have worked with have been fantastic. However, the company does not really care about its staff, their development or wellbeing. The job has gotten to a point where it is taking over my personal life and leaves me mentally and physically drained. In different roles I was able to find pleasure in the work, but in my current role we are pushed towards unrealistic targets in a toxic environment.
Pros
Great colleagues, decent salary and benefits
Cons
Long hours, toxic environment
Good starting place in the City.
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  City of London, Greater London6 March 2017
Working at NatWest has allowed me to understand exactly how a business works (more so in the financial industry) and has given me a fantastic insight in to the accountabilities of roles of all levels on a one to one basis
friendly environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London26 February 2017
it was really nice working with them, the employees were really helpful and helped me to get along with the customers for the first week.

Second week of work experience i was helping customers with stetting up online banking and also helping customers get through to customer service
Pros
free drinks
Starting point in my career
(Dorset) Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorset18 February 2017
I started from the bottom and it gave me the opportunity to find out other areas of banking. I progressed quickly and had guidance on how to grow my career.
Fun and Professional environment
Personal Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wanstead, Greater London16 February 2017
Loved working for this company, as it has given me great experience and provided me the potential to gain a lot of experience. All my colleagues are great to work with and have good work ethics.
Pros
Good Attitude
Cons
challenging to progress further within the company
Natwest Culture
Area Quality and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 February 2017
I have worked for Natwest for 8 years and have been a true advocate of their beliefs and values. Despite what is reported in the news, Natwest have always held the customer at the heart of what they do and have tried to re build the trust within the bank. My role as a Quality and Development manager has focused on delivering fair customer outcomes and a high level of customer service. i have trained and development a large number of Mortgage Advisers to ensure the staff on the front line are delivering this message too.
I have progressed well within Natwest during my time there and am now ready for my next challenge.
Good if you have running knowledge of finance
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London12 February 2017
typical day at work includes seeing lots of customers for all ranges of reasons.

you pick up a lot of knowledge and the way financial services work on the job.

the management are good at helping you learn more.

the team are normally quite close with lots of staff having worked for the bank as a career.

the hardest part of the job is not giving advice if you have previously worked in a job where you have to.

the most enjoyable part is seeing all the customer's smiles when you know you have helped them achieve that dream they didn't think was possible.
Pros
9-5, bank holidays off
Cons
a lot of knowledge to pick up straight away if not involved in finance before
Enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wavertree8 February 2017
During my 27 years at NatWest I worked many different departments and my duties and responsibilities were vast. These include, processing cheques, counter serving customers, payments abroad and foreign currency, chaps payments, money market and also working on the customer service desk responding to customer complaints and queries.
Challenging, motivational role
Area Mortgage Manager (Current Employee) –  South West and Wales7 February 2017
Developed people management skills further with peripatetic management.
Inspired and coached team to reach full potential and surpass objective.
Stakeholder management to develop objectives
Pros
Good support network to develop
Great team work lovely people
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham Maritime4 February 2017
I loved this job and only left due to illness. They totally accommodated my work life balance .
Great Managers helpful team mates and a overall one of the best jobs I have ever done.
Pros
work/life balance
Undervalued
Deputy Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth31 January 2017
Responsible for the daily delivery of all branch key service measures from a Counter perspective and quality lead generation from the Counter to Banking Advisers. Taking ownership for achieving branch compliance and reliability standards in all counter activities including weekly control questioning to staff. Balancing general ledger accounts to maintain the branch’s accounting and finance for security.
Pros
Security
Cons
Pay
Productive, Fun, consistent
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central31 January 2017
working at NatWest is very educational, the training given is exceptional to a very high standard, very customer focused.

The management encourage worklife balance and are very flexible when it comes to time off needed.

the hardest part of my current role is not enoug hours in the day, the job id time demanding and the hous are required to complete the tasks in hand.
Pros
worklife balance
Busines Manager
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  South West26 January 2017
I am disappointed that working for this organisation is not anything like it was when I joined some years ago. I do enjoy the flexibility, but find the management of the organisation to be poor.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor senior management
Excellent Working Environment
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 January 2017
• I thrive on delivering fantastic customer service, being integral to guiding and supporting NatWest valued customers.
• Managing and supporting members of the team to help them meet and exceed set objectives.
• Proactively managing a small portfolio of customers to help them maximise the full benefits of our products and services.
• I prosper in a supportive and collaborative environment.
• I provide outstanding service to customers visiting our branches and build strong long term relationships with them.
• Understand their needs and help them make the right financial choices to meet their financial life goals.
• Building an expert knowledge of our products as well as credit and regulatory processes to make sure that I am giving customers the best possible options.
Productive and well organised
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, UK21 January 2017
The staff at RBS where friendly and made sure I was occupied during my work experience, I had tasks to do through out the work place by meeting and introducing my self which helped gain confidence.
Very good experience
Bank Assisstant (Former Employee) –  London19 January 2017
Very educative, and informative experience. Taught me how to perform high frequency tasks as part of a team and how to handle the pressure and intensity of working with customers in a bank environment.
Good Career Progression
Senior Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 January 2017
If you work hard there are opportunities that arise. Working in retail banking can have it's ups and downs but is rewarding too.
Not for me.
Cashier/Customer service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, Cumbria18 January 2017
High pressure sales environment, which wasn't for me. Hard sell of loans/credit, brought great bonus payments, if you could do it.
Lovely staff, great team.

75%