NatWest Employee Reviews

Good if you have running knowledge of finance
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London12 February 2017
typical day at work includes seeing lots of customers for all ranges of reasons.

you pick up a lot of knowledge and the way financial services work on the job.

the management are good at helping you learn more.

the team are normally quite close with lots of staff having worked for the bank as a career.

the hardest part of the job is not giving advice if you have previously worked in a job where you have to.

the most enjoyable part is seeing all the customer's smiles when you know you have helped them achieve that dream they didn't think was possible.
Pros
9-5, bank holidays off
Cons
a lot of knowledge to pick up straight away if not involved in finance before
Natwest Culture
Area Quality and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 February 2017
I have worked for Natwest for 8 years and have been a true advocate of their beliefs and values. Despite what is reported in the news, Natwest have always held the customer at the heart of what they do and have tried to re build the trust within the bank. My role as a Quality and Development manager has focused on delivering fair customer outcomes and a high level of customer service. i have trained and development a large number of Mortgage Advisers to ensure the staff on the front line are delivering this message too.
I have progressed well within Natwest during my time there and am now ready for my next challenge.
Undervalued
Deputy Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth31 January 2017
Responsible for the daily delivery of all branch key service measures from a Counter perspective and quality lead generation from the Counter to Banking Advisers. Taking ownership for achieving branch compliance and reliability standards in all counter activities including weekly control questioning to staff. Balancing general ledger accounts to maintain the branch’s accounting and finance for security.
Pros
Security
Cons
Pay
Not good employers
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London4 January 2017
Started working for \NatWest in the 80's , was overlooked for promotion more than once because as a female I was a 'worker ant' and told I would be better off just having a little job for some pin money while I raised a family.

I eventually became a manager but left as I was sick of the whole sales ethos and knew that some of the pressure to sell was immoral particularly PPI it seems I was right about that one!
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
poor managers
Productive, Fun, consistent
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central31 January 2017
working at NatWest is very educational, the training given is exceptional to a very high standard, very customer focused.

The management encourage worklife balance and are very flexible when it comes to time off needed.

the hardest part of my current role is not enoug hours in the day, the job id time demanding and the hous are required to complete the tasks in hand.
Pros
worklife balance
Cons
Fun workplace and lovely staff
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Clevedon, Somerset28 November 2016
The whole team were so lovely to work with and we're very welcoming and helpful. They were very rewarding and caring people. The costumers that came into the branch are also so lovely and polite. There are a varietg of jobs within the bank and luckily I was able to see how they all work. Overall a fab team and company and would love to work with them again in the future. I worked within part of the team for my work experience and wouldn't of wanted to go anywhere else.
Pros
Staff and costumers
Cons
A lot of standing
Excellent Working Environment
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 January 2017
• I thrive on delivering fantastic customer service, being integral to guiding and supporting NatWest valued customers.
• Managing and supporting members of the team to help them meet and exceed set objectives.
• Proactively managing a small portfolio of customers to help them maximise the full benefits of our products and services.
• I prosper in a supportive and collaborative environment.
• I provide outstanding service to customers visiting our branches and build strong long term relationships with them.
• Understand their needs and help them make the right financial choices to meet their financial life goals.
• Building an expert knowledge of our products as well as credit and regulatory processes to make sure that I am giving customers the best possible options.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wavertree8 February 2017
During my 27 years at NatWest I worked many different departments and my duties and responsibilities were vast. These include, processing cheques, counter serving customers, payments abroad and foreign currency, chaps payments, money market and also working on the customer service desk responding to customer complaints and queries.
good place to work
Customer service officer (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2016
A good place to work
* Listen to my customers inquires
* Learn't the whole role through experience.
* My direct manager showed me what is expected from me.
* Co workers happy to help each other
* Hardest part was being made redundant because of job relocation.
* Most enjoyable part was providing our customers professionally and politely
Pros
Ideal location and being able to use my experience .
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chester30 September 2016
2012 - 2014 Cashier at Natwest Chester

Responsibilities throughout Natwest bank employment
• Delivering a high standard of service to every customer that I served.
• Learning new product knowledge and systems efficiency within a short time frame.
• Treat customers fairly with a friendly approach to deliver a high standard
• Setting daily targets to deliver quality business and helping our customers.
• Helping team leaders to do weekly rotas, to ensure all areas of the business were covered.
exam invigilator
Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes12 January 2017
Really lovely and friendly staff at the time while I was fulfilling the temporary job role of invigilating.

I would distribute the exam papers, let in the candidates, let them undertake the exam and finally, secure the test material to be sent off for marking.
Pros
good pay
Cons
temporary not permanent
Fun and Professional environment
Personal Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wanstead, Greater London16 February 2017
Loved working for this company, as it has given me great experience and provided me the potential to gain a lot of experience. All my colleagues are great to work with and have good work ethics.
Pros
Good Attitude
Cons
challenging to progress further within the company
This was my first job and was a junior role
Estates Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central17 October 2016
An excellent place to start of a junior career with lots of opportunities.
Quickly progressed from office junior to work with the estates team in the management of the banks property portfolio.
Worked with an excellent team but took the opportunity to move on as I had ambition to be a PA, which was fulfilled with the Wates Group.
Productive Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Sydenham22 September 2016
A typical day at work for me at Natwest Bank was helping out by storing cheques into the Natwest system and helping out and observing how money in the bank was looked after and how morgages and loans were carried out. I got on well with my co-workers it was a very different experience compared to the frame shop. Everything was a lot more strict and secure as its a bank not a retail shop.
Work Review
Role - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ransomes, Ipswich25 September 2016
At NatWest it was a lovely atmosphere and my co-workers where easy to approach and lovely to be around and I looked forward to coming into work every day. Each day consisted of balancing my till to make sure all my previous work was correct and I wasn't under or over the amount we had to have in the till everyday and then serving the customers with deposits, transfers and detail changes.
Good company, forward thinking. some Dinosaurs in manager positions that just don't get it.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  north12 September 2016
Swings and roundabouts. Some great people who genuinely care about doing the right thing for people and some old school 'sales' managers.

A lot of more senior positions are 'jobs for the boys' and to progress networking is easily as important as competence/results
Pros
autonomy, good stakeholders
Cons
old guard of management, too much on who you know
Challenging, motivational role
Area Mortgage Manager (Current Employee) –  South West and Wales7 February 2017
Developed people management skills further with peripatetic management.
Inspired and coached team to reach full potential and surpass objective.
Stakeholder management to develop objectives
Pros
Good support network to develop
Good placew to work
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne26 September 2016
NatWest Business Banking is a good place to work, having worked at the bank for over 30 years I can honestly recommend it. There has been some restructuring in the past couple of years which resulted in redundancies, however, the support that I received from the Bank during redundancy was excellent.
Pros
wide range of benefits
Cons
restructuring
Hard place to work with little rewards
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen Town4 November 2016
After 26 years service enough was enough, far too much pressure to sell and abusive customers, I was assaulted by a customer reported it to the managedment and nothing was done about it.
Pros
None nowadays
Cons
Long hours, expected to work extra hours for no pay, no advancement
sressfull
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Northwich3 December 2016
Customer service was a priority

An excellent foundation for life skills

Management could be a bit hit and miss

Co-workers were as a rule helpful

Working with tight deadlines

Suceeding in completing tasks in the required timescale
Pros
lunch hour
Cons
lack of overtime