NatWest Employee Reviews

Keep away!
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  BirminghamJuly 22, 2016
This company is good for getting you though initial training if you need any qualifications. Don't bank on staying there. I worked on a team in Birmingham as a mortgage advisor and was subject to intense discrimination by my manager. She continuously told me that she's going to look for a way to kick me out and the workload she give me was horrendous. She hated gay people... Very openly told me this when I had no witnesses.

Keep away from this company if you can avoid it. Looks good on the initial approach but soon becomes one of the most terrifying places to work. They don't care about you, numbers and everything and "sales targets" also known as "helps" are not achievable. There are mass redundancies and the company is headed for a very dark place.

Be warned.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad management, no future, pressure discrimination
Professional with a full understanding of its social responsibility and indebtedness to society.
Director, Business Banking (Somerset) (Current Employee) –  SomersetApril 12, 2016
Overarching responsibility is to ensure that both I and my team serve customers to the best of our abilities. Putting them first helping them fulfill their dreams and aspirations.
Acknowledge our debt to society being 86% owned by the taxpayer.
Making customers lives easier.
Coaching my team to be the best they can be.
Sharing successes.
Fun, team spiritted environent to work in.
RBS Specialist Banking (Current Employee) –  South West LondonApril 12, 2016
I have been a loyal employee to Natwest/RBS for a period of over four years. There are many opportunities to better yourself and your team when you approach the right people.

A lot of support has been given to me whenever required and I have been fortunate enough to learn and develop myself through my peers and seniors.

Unfortunately through recent cuts in employment, my role has entirely been displaced, and job security in NatWest has been an ever more worrying factor to other colleagues for some time.

This however has pushed me into finding a role I am more suited to. I was not able to express my full potential in my previous position and believe now is the right time for me to take on a new challenge.
exciting and fast paced environment
Protection Consultant (Current Employee) –  ReadingJune 2, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Natwest and I have learnt so much. I have had a lot of fun and have grown immensely.
It is time for me to delve into a new challenge and grow even further by taking my experience and skills and putting my efforts into something new.
Job Satisfaction
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonFebruary 11, 2016
My role is to work with local business to provide them with financial and non financial products to directly impact their business. These help them grow and move into new markets. My job allows me to manage my own diary to provide maximum support to my customers but also give me an excellent work/life balance. I have learned key skills of working within teams, leading teams, networking and promoting my role and bank to the external market.
General Review
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Exmouth TownMay 23, 2016
NatWest has progressed my customer service to an excellent standard, I understand the importance of representing a company, delivering excellent customer service and always going that extra mile for customers whenever you can.
Work Place
Associate Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 9, 2016
My work place is fantastic, the staff and management have great morale and are always at hand to help.

We ensure customers are our only priority and focus and we make sure all customers are assisted evenly regardless level of query.

We have a staff pool table which we make sue out of at lunch periods which is great.

Hardest part is maintaining the many various rules and regulations which of course is important.
Pros
Staff pool table and great morale
Cons
Being new a lo to learn
Friendly and Supportive Staff
Personal Mortgage Adviser (Former Employee) –  YorkApril 22, 2016
Supportive management, good salary and benefits, able to progress if you are driven and ambitious; culture of target setting pervades the business which can can be stressful though.
Fun and productive work enviroment
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bognor RegisJune 9, 2016
Helping customers on regular basis with their financial needs and goals, I have developed skills such as time management and working under pressure.
as before
Commercial Banking Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  HuddersfieldJune 29, 2016
again please see the first review that covers my last 5 years working in very busy office which was finished due to restructure within Bank
good job good company
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Halesowen SouthApril 21, 2016
good place to work for, unfortunate that it has come to an end, management ok, needs a little improvement overall, but generally a good company to work for.
Pros
salary
Cons
hours
Ok
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  BlackburnJuly 26, 2016
Ok to work for.
Lack of local offices
Varied roles available
Good mix of colleagues
The individuals make the office what it is
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Bad publicity
Productive and Supportive Workplace
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  SouthamptonJanuary 24, 2016
Gained extensive knowledge on finance and banking here. Great management very supportive. Enabled me to undertake a qualification (Professional Bankers Certificate) and provided full funding for this.
Pros
Gained working knowledge in finance.
Cons
Shift hours
Productive, lovely atmosphere
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  CardiffApril 7, 2016
NatWest is a lovely company to work for and every branch you were to go in guarantee a warm welcome and pleasant atmosphere at all times.
Aspire to the career you want
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Business Banking Customer SupportOctober 4, 2015
A busy day managing a team of support assistants to serve our customers in the most efficient way to benefit their needs on a day to day basis. Challenges fall within the time management of certain jobs within the office and deadlines to meet. Most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team environment and succeeding together. Happy workforce produces the best results.
Benefits
Cons
Pressure points for deadlines
Shift work team
Fair managers and deputy's
Preferred day shifts
Great Management
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, ENGOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work, all the team is very supporting constantly helping you improve yourself and develop. Regular reviews on your progress which helps give you a target to work for and keeps you motivated.
Pros
great team
Cons
job security
Lovely co workers, very target based.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  birminghamSeptember 2, 2015
Great team cohesion, helps get results. Friendly management all the way up. Targets help you keep on track and know you're getting good results so improves work ethiic.
customer adviser
customer adviser (Current Employee) –  leicesrterMarch 10, 2015
• Natwest (April 2012 – present): I am currently based in a city centre branch where my role consists of achieving a range of daily service targets. In order to meet these I am required to have an in depth knowledge of the banking environment and adopt a manner that allows rapport to be built over the phone. During the time I have worked at Natwest I have independently paid for and studied for CeMap exams in my own time
Providing World Class Service to my customers
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENGMarch 4, 2015
Dealing with enquiries and complaints from private banking clients in a professional and empathetic manner.
Putting the customers first and ensuring their needs are met.
Using my knowledge and experience to coach my colleagues to improve the overall service.
The role is very demanding as clients expect and deserve things to be done right first time but is very rewarding.
Pros
working in a team, job satisfaction, good work/life balance
Cons
uncertainty around jobs losses due to constant restructuring