NatWest Employee Reviews

good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire3 December 2016
nice environment to work. lots of skills are learnt and customer service skills are improved. A lot of hours but they are worth the pay. It could get stressful but not too bad.
Pros
learning skills
sressfull
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Northwich3 December 2016
Customer service was a priority

An excellent foundation for life skills

Management could be a bit hit and miss

Co-workers were as a rule helpful

Working with tight deadlines

Suceeding in completing tasks in the required timescale
Pros
lunch hour
Cons
lack of overtime
Fun workplace and lovely staff
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Clevedon, Somerset28 November 2016
The whole team were so lovely to work with and we're very welcoming and helpful. They were very rewarding and caring people. The costumers that came into the branch are also so lovely and polite. There are a varietg of jobs within the bank and luckily I was able to see how they all work. Overall a fab team and company and would love to work with them again in the future. I worked within part of the team for my work experience and wouldn't of wanted to go anywhere else.
Pros
Staff and costumers
Cons
A lot of standing
Productive, fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast Lough25 November 2016
Good company to work for. Productive team. Management is very helpful. Good training. Duties are explained very well and there is a good goal system. Good work/life balance
Pros
Free lunch
Financial Work
Trainee Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Woodford22 November 2016
This was more enjoyable than the last work experience. I was tasked to help any customers with problems that they had. The management was professional and always meant the customer being first.
A good place to learn what is Customer service is about
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  London9 November 2016
Customers are the heart of this job and helping them to make and save the money. This includes helping them with growth of their money and security etc..

I have learned a lot about how to treat and look after the customer in front of you.

After the financial crisis the bank got rid of so many good staff and ended up with the left over management to deal with the business which came out as causing more problems due to their lack of knowledge of the business or the qualifications. Branch managers became managers just because of their sales tactics only and not necessarily known how to manage people or a bank branch.

Hardest part of the job has always been to digest unpaid overtime work we had to do due to shortage of staff and the workloads and the extended opening hours. No pay rises.

most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and get to know them and build up a friendly relationship.
Pros
the name of the business
Cons
lots of unpaid workloads
Active and Busy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnley6 November 2016
It was a very nice and relaxing environment to work in. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. They all worked as one big family and made sure to make me feel a part of it too.
Hard place to work with little rewards
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen Town4 November 2016
After 26 years service enough was enough, far too much pressure to sell and abusive customers, I was assaulted by a customer reported it to the managedment and nothing was done about it.
Pros
None nowadays
Cons
Long hours, expected to work extra hours for no pay, no advancement
This was my first job and was a junior role
Estates Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central17 October 2016
An excellent place to start of a junior career with lots of opportunities.
Quickly progressed from office junior to work with the estates team in the management of the banks property portfolio.
Worked with an excellent team but took the opportunity to move on as I had ambition to be a PA, which was fulfilled with the Wates Group.
Mortgage Adviser (CAS) (Current Employee) –  North17 October 2016
Very pressured environment, but some fabulous staff and customers. Not enough time in the day to complete all tasks expected of you.
Excellent environment to work
Customer Service/Chargeback Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PA11 October 2016
CEO's/Supervisors/Staff were excellent to work with/for. I learned a great deal as a consumer with credit cards and as an employee
Pros
Learned a great deal working as a team
Cons
The bank was bought out by another and was laid off
good place to work
Customer service officer (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2016
A good place to work
* Listen to my customers inquires
* Learn't the whole role through experience.
* My direct manager showed me what is expected from me.
* Co workers happy to help each other
* Hardest part was being made redundant because of job relocation.
* Most enjoyable part was providing our customers professionally and politely
Pros
Ideal location and being able to use my experience .
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chester30 September 2016
2012 - 2014 Cashier at Natwest Chester

Responsibilities throughout Natwest bank employment
• Delivering a high standard of service to every customer that I served.
• Learning new product knowledge and systems efficiency within a short time frame.
• Treat customers fairly with a friendly approach to deliver a high standard
• Setting daily targets to deliver quality business and helping our customers.
• Helping team leaders to do weekly rotas, to ensure all areas of the business were covered.
Good benefits and comptetitve salary
Regional Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Regional29 September 2016
New challenge every day, and opportunity to meet new people is enjoyable. Can lack in direction and leadership and uncertain future.
Pros
Good work life balance, competitive salary
Cons
Limited career progression opoortunity, poor culture
Great for good customer service building
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bridport27 September 2016
I joined natwest as a new challenge and for a new and different experience with in my much loved job in customer service! Loved my first 2 years with the Weymouth branch as it was a busy and fast passed environments with everyday challenges and enquirers. Learned an awful lot with in the bank which has helped me held customers financial needs on a daily basis. Due to lack of support and training opportunities to work my way up with that bank I'm keeping an eye out for a new challenges and opportunities to widen my experience in another area's to help me progress in what I do best by making great customer relationships through my people skills. Also to work a little closer to home as I live in Weymouth but work now in the Bridport branch which I have been for the last year and don't get paid extra for travel expenses. Due to reducing of staff their is more pressure on colleagues to reach targets which disputes this I still manage but still nothing changes in my favour for what I do.
Pros
Many benefits like free packaged account, life ins, pention, discounts est
Cons
Training, small environment (branch), some colleagues I work with, short of staff
Good placew to work
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne26 September 2016
NatWest Business Banking is a good place to work, having worked at the bank for over 30 years I can honestly recommend it. There has been some restructuring in the past couple of years which resulted in redundancies, however, the support that I received from the Bank during redundancy was excellent.
Pros
wide range of benefits
Cons
restructuring
Speaking with customers and helping them at Natwest
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  London25 September 2016
I would be answering the phone, dealing with queries. The most important part of my job is helping customers at Natwest.
Work Review
Role - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ransomes, Ipswich25 September 2016
At NatWest it was a lovely atmosphere and my co-workers where easy to approach and lovely to be around and I looked forward to coming into work every day. Each day consisted of balancing my till to make sure all my previous work was correct and I wasn't under or over the amount we had to have in the till everyday and then serving the customers with deposits, transfers and detail changes.
Awful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carlisle22 September 2016
Branch manager was a nasty piece of work, picked on members of staff, horrible atmosphere. Left over 4 years ago still haven't forgotten the horrible memories from working there.
Productive Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Sydenham22 September 2016
A typical day at work for me at Natwest Bank was helping out by storing cheques into the Natwest system and helping out and observing how money in the bank was looked after and how morgages and loans were carried out. I got on well with my co-workers it was a very different experience compared to the frame shop. Everything was a lot more strict and secure as its a bank not a retail shop.