NatWest Employee Reviews

Productive And Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Docklands22 October 2017
Through my time I here, I learnt a lot at NatWest, It was an enjoyable and important experience and really gave me a taste of work life. I thoroughly believe it was the best place to begin working.
I worked in Natwest for over 5 years
Customer Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Hornchurch, Greater London18 October 2017
A career in natwest is good, but the career progression is very slow, The salary grade is not in line with any internal promotions.

Overall a good experience
Pros
A good time
Cons
not much career prospects
Great place to gain experience
DEPUTY BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2017
Enjoyed my many years of working here and learnt so much in many different fields. I had a great team behind me with plenty of support from high management.
productive
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Hounslow West, Greater London15 October 2017
i had enjoyed my time working here at natwest as i had learnt quite a lot and how to be confident with customers face to face. also being at the front desk has built up my confident.
Proactive
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job role is interacting with different stakeholders around the business.
The workplace culture encourages collaboration and proactivity as well as an atmosphere where people feel valued and supported.
A typical day is interaction with the public from general banking queries to conducting financial reviews, drawing down lending facilities and keeping up to date with control regulations.
From completing my professional bankers certificate, I have gained a wider knowledge around risk and control within the banking sector.
wonderful management, no progression
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset11 October 2017
A wonderful working team, however very little opportunity to advance from the bottom. longer hours than you are paid for, but a good starting salary to compensate.
Fun but stressful
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 October 2017
Working in NatWest branches is so fun in terms of engaging and chatting with the customers, however at times it can be incredibly stressful and it sometimes feels as though you aren't paid as much as you should be.
|Good place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire8 October 2017
Very busy customer facing environment, varied work. Meeting new people on regular basis. Great colleagues. Lots of responsibility. Support not always available.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Extremely busy, dealing with difficult customers
Worst place to work ever
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 October 2017
Morning debrief and management will only talk to there favourite staff and then it is waiting around for customer to come and to engage and have conversation.
Management is the worst very biased and have there favourite not understanding I would say there racist.
The hours of the job are meant to be till 6 but you never leave on time and get the recognition for the time given,
I hate this place and would say never work here
Cons
long hours, not good pay
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJ5 October 2017
Fun and inspiring. meeting new client needs, management was a little shady, not trusting management. My customer and co-worker, and having my job so close to my home.
Pros
Cons
Bank is not around
Too many years ago to recall
PA to Managing Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2017
I am unable to give an accurate account of the working environment as I left in 1997. From memory it was a pleasant location and the staff and management were nice.
Fun workplace but professional
Assistant Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire3 October 2017
Good place to work, however with redundancies in the banking world just need to be alert. Great pay and benefits which is great. They are flexible to employees
Good Bank, Good Customer Service and Experience
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire27 September 2017
Good company to work for, challenges, good customer service skills and knowledge to be gained, great team and location, many perks and benefits
Chances to develop within different skills and knowledge from ATM'S, becoming a senior personal banker, so positions.
You can address any issues with the managers without feeling worried about discussing your issue or query, staff are all very friendly.
Pros
cycle scheme, pension, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Cons
Well-being and life balance
A faboulous place to work
Retail Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern Worcestershire25 September 2017
From the time you got in in the morning you always felt responsible for the whole of the business. You always wanted to exceed customers expectations and be the best that you have ever been.

I learnt everything about the business from personal to commercial customers and all of their products and what they would need from their bank to run their businesses effectively, Lending, overseas transactions, security, business facilities to include card services, fraud, foreign and everyday banking.

There were no hard parts to the job if you knew your products and services.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting up everyday and feeling part of a great team that wanted to do their utmost to get it right for customers
Pros
Everyday bought something new and it was joy
Miltonkeynes
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes24 September 2017
I felt under pressure everyday to deliver targets and was up and down different branches every week. Don't feel I got the support I needed in my job there was hardly any time to learn it had to be done in between serving customers. The manager who ran two branches was not very pleasant to work with
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
No salary increase and I found it difficult to balance family life
bulled out after 12 years
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Downs22 September 2017
the summery says it all.

used to be so happy and successful but the new area manager came along the first thing she said to me was ' i would say thnk you for looking after my area but you have already made me look bad with such a great performances. how can i follow that.'

she then told me i could not do the job I had been doing for 5 years and succeeding in because i was dyslexic and that some one stupid who could not spell should never have been given the job.
Pros
Cons
every thing
Fun
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London18 September 2017
I had a great experience. I learnt a lot of new things and met a lot of new people. It was a good insight into banking and how banks work and now know what I possibly could do in future
Very good but job security is a must improvement.
Assistant Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds18 September 2017
Overall NatWest is a good place to work. However job security is very uncertain at the minute with a lot of redundancy of role relocations to other destinations. Workload can be very intense if not properly managed.
Fun and nice working environment
Senior Executive (Former Employee) –  Singapore17 September 2017
I was in charge of only 1 customer handling high volume of work. Need special attention and ensure that all transactions were done smoothly and timely.
good place to work and learn
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands15 September 2017
I worked hard during my time with NatWest learnt a lot and progressed throught he roles. I also deputised for the manager attended conference calls daily, monitored and logged sales targets and achievements
Pros
excellent working conditions