NatWest Employee Reviews

Keep away!
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  BirminghamJuly 22, 2016
This company is good for getting you though initial training if you need any qualifications. Don't bank on staying there. I worked on a team in Birmingham as a mortgage advisor and was subject to intense discrimination by my manager. She continuously told me that she's going to look for a way to kick me out and the workload she give me was horrendous. She hated gay people... Very openly told me this when I had no witnesses.

Keep away from this company if you can avoid it. Looks good on the initial approach but soon becomes one of the most terrifying places to work. They don't care about you, numbers and everything and "sales targets" also known as "helps" are not achievable. There are mass redundancies and the company is headed for a very dark place.

Be warned.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad management, no future, pressure discrimination
Aspire to the career you want
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Business Banking Customer SupportOctober 4, 2015
A busy day managing a team of support assistants to serve our customers in the most efficient way to benefit their needs on a day to day basis. Challenges fall within the time management of certain jobs within the office and deadlines to meet. Most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team environment and succeeding together. Happy workforce produces the best results.
Benefits
Cons
Pressure points for deadlines
Fun, team spiritted environent to work in.
RBS Specialist Banking (Current Employee) –  South West LondonApril 12, 2016
I have been a loyal employee to Natwest/RBS for a period of over four years. There are many opportunities to better yourself and your team when you approach the right people.

A lot of support has been given to me whenever required and I have been fortunate enough to learn and develop myself through my peers and seniors.

Unfortunately through recent cuts in employment, my role has entirely been displaced, and job security in NatWest has been an ever more worrying factor to other colleagues for some time.

This however has pushed me into finding a role I am more suited to. I was not able to express my full potential in my previous position and believe now is the right time for me to take on a new challenge.
Good company, forward thinking. some Dinosaurs in manager positions that just don't get it.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  northSeptember 12, 2016
Swings and roundabouts. Some great people who genuinely care about doing the right thing for people and some old school 'sales' managers.

A lot of more senior positions are 'jobs for the boys' and to progress networking is easily as important as competence/results
Pros
autonomy, good stakeholders
Cons
old guard of management, too much on who you know
Job Satisfaction
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonFebruary 11, 2016
My role is to work with local business to provide them with financial and non financial products to directly impact their business. These help them grow and move into new markets. My job allows me to manage my own diary to provide maximum support to my customers but also give me an excellent work/life balance. I have learned key skills of working within teams, leading teams, networking and promoting my role and bank to the external market.
Rich experience gained
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonAugust 24, 2016
I learnt that at a working environment you dont have a set day routine , and your day to day activities can change depending on circumstance . So it is good to stay on your feet and take on every obstacle as it comes. My co-workers were extremely helpful and managed to integrate me into ther team.
Professional with a full understanding of its social responsibility and indebtedness to society.
Director, Business Banking (Somerset) (Current Employee) –  SomersetApril 12, 2016
Overarching responsibility is to ensure that both I and my team serve customers to the best of our abilities. Putting them first helping them fulfill their dreams and aspirations.
Acknowledge our debt to society being 86% owned by the taxpayer.
Making customers lives easier.
Coaching my team to be the best they can be.
Sharing successes.
Not a bad place to work
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  KentAugust 9, 2016
Salary isn't too bad in comparison with other organisations, but work life balance is sometimes compromised.
Working with the public is enjoyable, but there is a lack of progression within Retail Banking.
exciting and fast paced environment
Protection Consultant (Current Employee) –  ReadingJune 2, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Natwest and I have learnt so much. I have had a lot of fun and have grown immensely.
It is time for me to delve into a new challenge and grow even further by taking my experience and skills and putting my efforts into something new.
Awful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CarlisleSeptember 22, 2016
Branch manager was a nasty piece of work, picked on members of staff, horrible atmosphere. Left over 4 years ago still haven't forgotten the horrible memories from working there.
Uncertain
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  BirminghamSeptember 7, 2016
Majority of staff are excellent and friendly atmosphere, current uncertainty over future of department.

Very flexible for staff in terms of hours and working patterns.
Work Place
Associate Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 9, 2016
My work place is fantastic, the staff and management have great morale and are always at hand to help.

We ensure customers are our only priority and focus and we make sure all customers are assisted evenly regardless level of query.

We have a staff pool table which we make sue out of at lunch periods which is great.

Hardest part is maintaining the many various rules and regulations which of course is important.
Pros
Staff pool table and great morale
Cons
Being new a lo to learn
General Review
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Exmouth TownMay 23, 2016
NatWest has progressed my customer service to an excellent standard, I understand the importance of representing a company, delivering excellent customer service and always going that extra mile for customers whenever you can.
Ok
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  BlackburnJuly 26, 2016
Ok to work for.
Lack of local offices
Varied roles available
Good mix of colleagues
The individuals make the office what it is
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Bad publicity
Average place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  CheshireSeptember 4, 2015
Average, not great benefits for the work you do, sometimes to much was expected, average wage, working conditions good
as before
Commercial Banking Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  HuddersfieldJune 29, 2016
again please see the first review that covers my last 5 years working in very busy office which was finished due to restructure within Bank
Fun and productive work enviroment
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bognor RegisJune 9, 2016
Helping customers on regular basis with their financial needs and goals, I have developed skills such as time management and working under pressure.
Productive and Supportive Workplace
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  SouthamptonJanuary 24, 2016
Gained extensive knowledge on finance and banking here. Great management very supportive. Enabled me to undertake a qualification (Professional Bankers Certificate) and provided full funding for this.
Pros
Gained working knowledge in finance.
Cons
Shift hours
Friendly and Supportive Staff
Personal Mortgage Adviser (Former Employee) –  YorkApril 22, 2016
Supportive management, good salary and benefits, able to progress if you are driven and ambitious; culture of target setting pervades the business which can can be stressful though.
customer central
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  suffolkApril 30, 2015
customer experience is central and you are empowered to do the right thing by them. behaviours measured through observation rather than targets
training provided but raises in salary minimal
Pros
customer-focussed culture
Cons
low pay, unpaid overtime