NatWest Employee Reviews

Facing difficulties
Senior Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 April 2017
Not really a growth company given public ownership and difficulties of sector.

Probably depends on your line manager on how good a place it is to work.
Keen to advanced employees
Relationship Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol11 April 2017
Great place to work if you want to develop your career. NatWest is passionate about developing its employees careers, there are lots of professional qualifications you can obtain and due to size of the company, there are always lots of opportunities.
Pros
Good Family/Life balance
Cons
pricey canteens
Lost focus on customers
BANK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 April 2017
Over the year NatWest began to lose focus on it's keg ingredient the customers and drove towards profit at all costs. Customer service became a dirty word and sales, sales, sales came to the forefront.
Initially sales were based on saving customers time and money but ended with sell regardless of the cost to customers.
Working week became 70-80 hours in order to try and achieve impossible targets.
Pros
Cons
Long hours often ignored by Area Managers and above
Fun and hard-working environment
Small Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Abergavenny6 April 2017
Busy office environment with sales culture and customer-focus. Daily contact with small business customers enabled the building of string relationships with the most frequent callers.
Pros
Good staff training
Cons
Slaes culture not suited to all
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Sheffield4 April 2017
Natwest is a very enjoyable place to work and all the staff give you confidence to challenge your self when you first start the jobs given to you by the manager.
Enjoyable
Personal Banker- personal lending advisor (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London3 April 2017
The training was adequate and useful, I enjoyed working as a lending officer and felt great hob satisfaction. Working as a personal banker was a little unrewardibg but overall a good company to work for
I enjoyed my time at Nat West. it was a growing experience. There was always something new to learn and experience.
key entry operaSenior Programmer Analysttor (Former Employee) –  Melville NY 117473 April 2017
I was offered the opportunity grow in the IT technology field. These skills carried forward to future job opportunities.
The work environment was terrific. As an employee I, and others were always made aware of the management appreciation of our contributions to the company. The CEO made visits to the workplace often, and we as employees were always encouraged to speak with him and share our feelings regarding how the company was moving forward. For most of my career at Nat West there were many after hour social functions and parties, all were invited to participate.
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
working overnight during crucial implementation periods
AVP, P (Former Employee) –  Melville, NY31 March 2017
Worked in many different areas as a project manager and found the work environment to be very support. Each department was well run and welcomed me in and worked with me.
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  South East28 March 2017
great to work for put customers first. look after the staff in terms of benefits and support. work life balance important to them and staff welfare high priority
friendly
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorset25 March 2017
I worked in a customer service role in a bank, working with money, balancing tills, opening and closing accounts, calculating loan repayments, currency exchange and ordering bullion.
Pros
good pension
Cons
sales - not for me

Want to know more about NatWest?

Ask a question
Ruined by detached hierachy
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside24 March 2017
Used to be a fine place to work, spending the majority of time meeting with clients, looking for new ways to be introduced new business. You would feel like part of the community.

As time went on, the role became far more controlled and office-based as the administration workload increased. No real direction given and far too many decisions were taken by out of touch directors i.e. persons who had not done a client facing role for a number of years and did not seem to grasp how the economic climate affected them and their ever changing needs.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Cons
Only ever commended on sales, despite all the hard work that went into every working week
Good fun
Corporate Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  manchester20 March 2017
KPI related

corporarte loans i sanctioned. got to see manchester united games
good staff, lovely boss, pay could be a bit better. Compliant with all relevant bodies
Great colleagues, poor treatment
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom12 March 2017
All of the teams and managers I have worked with have been fantastic. However, the company does not really care about its staff, their development or wellbeing. The job has gotten to a point where it is taking over my personal life and leaves me mentally and physically drained. In different roles I was able to find pleasure in the work, but in my current role we are pushed towards unrealistic targets in a toxic environment.
Pros
Great colleagues, decent salary and benefits
Cons
Long hours, toxic environment
Good starting place in the City.
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  City of London, Greater London6 March 2017
Working at NatWest has allowed me to understand exactly how a business works (more so in the financial industry) and has given me a fantastic insight in to the accountabilities of roles of all levels on a one to one basis
friendly environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London26 February 2017
it was really nice working with them, the employees were really helpful and helped me to get along with the customers for the first week.

Second week of work experience i was helping customers with stetting up online banking and also helping customers get through to customer service
Pros
free drinks
Starting point in my career
(Dorset) Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorset18 February 2017
I started from the bottom and it gave me the opportunity to find out other areas of banking. I progressed quickly and had guidance on how to grow my career.
Fun and Professional environment
Personal Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wanstead, Greater London16 February 2017
Loved working for this company, as it has given me great experience and provided me the potential to gain a lot of experience. All my colleagues are great to work with and have good work ethics.
Pros
Good Attitude
Cons
challenging to progress further within the company
Natwest Culture
Area Quality and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 February 2017
I have worked for Natwest for 8 years and have been a true advocate of their beliefs and values. Despite what is reported in the news, Natwest have always held the customer at the heart of what they do and have tried to re build the trust within the bank. My role as a Quality and Development manager has focused on delivering fair customer outcomes and a high level of customer service. i have trained and development a large number of Mortgage Advisers to ensure the staff on the front line are delivering this message too.
I have progressed well within Natwest during my time there and am now ready for my next challenge.
Good if you have running knowledge of finance
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London12 February 2017
typical day at work includes seeing lots of customers for all ranges of reasons.

you pick up a lot of knowledge and the way financial services work on the job.

the management are good at helping you learn more.

the team are normally quite close with lots of staff having worked for the bank as a career.

the hardest part of the job is not giving advice if you have previously worked in a job where you have to.

the most enjoyable part is seeing all the customer's smiles when you know you have helped them achieve that dream they didn't think was possible.
Pros
9-5, bank holidays off
Cons
a lot of knowledge to pick up straight away if not involved in finance before
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wavertree8 February 2017
During my 27 years at NatWest I worked many different departments and my duties and responsibilities were vast. These include, processing cheques, counter serving customers, payments abroad and foreign currency, chaps payments, money market and also working on the customer service desk responding to customer complaints and queries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NatWest. Our community is ready to answer.