NatWest

NatWest Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
customer central
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee), suffolkApril 30, 2015
Pros: customer-focussed culture
Cons: low pay, unpaid overtime
customer experience is central and you are empowered to do the right thing by them. behaviours measured through observation rather than targets
training provided but raises in salary minimal
Great Development
NatWest Customer Service Officer - Second Seller (Former Employee), Hereford, ENGApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great in house development
Cons: Going through redundancies
NatWest truly do have an excellent in-house development programme for all employees with a multitude of options and paths one can take.
Its a different job than expected
Customer Service Officer (Teller) (Current Employee), BiggleswadeApril 3, 2015
Pros: such a wonderful fun job
Cons: very low pay and no breaks
hard job with low pay very difficult environment no breaks and always busy deffinately not a job for everyone but it can be very enjoyable
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee), Cambridge, ENGMarch 31, 2015
I would get into work every Saturday at 8.30 and help set up, I would be put on the cashier desk or the information desk where enquiries are taken in.

I learnt a lot of banking processes, cashier skills etc

Loved the people I worked with

Shame my on-call contract was no longer needed anymore due to because I loved every hour of working there.
customer adviser
customer adviser (Current Employee), leicesrterMarch 10, 2015
• Natwest (April 2012 – present): I am currently based in a city centre branch where my role consists of achieving a range of daily service targets. In order to meet these I am required to have an in depth knowledge of the banking environment and adopt a manner that allows rapport to be built over the phone. During the time I have worked at Natwest I have independently paid for and studied for CeMap exams in my own time
Variety
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee), GuildfordMarch 6, 2015
Managements try and develope your role and cover different positions within the branch.

They very much encourtage your own development
Providing World Class Service to my customers
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGMarch 4, 2015
Pros: working in a team, job satisfaction, good work/life balance
Cons: uncertainty around jobs losses due to constant restructuring
Dealing with enquiries and complaints from private banking clients in a professional and empathetic manner.
Putting the customers first and ensuring their needs are met.
Using my knowledge and experience to coach my colleagues to improve the overall service.
The role is very demanding as clients expect and deserve things to be done right first time but is very rewarding.
good steady employent
Sales Adviser (Former Employee), Northampton, ENGFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: lots of face to face interaction and chance for career growth
Cons: bad press sometimes made the job difficult when explaining things to customers
I was working for natwest/RBS for almost 8 years, During this time i worked on the counter dealing with cash, paying bills, arranging business transactions, making alternative service options. I also worked on front Desk which was greeting customers, offering to educate them with new evolving ways to bank, complaint management, enquiries and I have also worked as a customer advisor which involves checking ID, setting up of accounts, mortgages, loans etc,share dealing, financing, helping budget, life planning and so on.
Target orientated work
Team leader (Former Employee), MaidstoneFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: work/life balance could be a lot better, time off not always available
Job entailed organising work and staff to meet stringent time scales, management quick to criticise slow to praise. Good team spirit, hardest part of job meeting deadlines. Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving at end of shift.
Good company to work for
Relationship Managers Assistant (Current Employee), Coventry, ENGFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: free parking
good comany to work for to balance home life with work life.

Good pay and benefits.

good commute to place of work with free parking

co-workers are helpful and friendly

I enjoy that it is a very busy role and every day is different
fantastic customer interactions
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Brunswick Gate, SouthamptonJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: ever changing atmosphere
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the daily interactions with the customers. On average, I spoke to 60 account holders in a day with queries as simple as the balance of the account or a missing deposit from s month ago. It was as if each time I placed my headphones on, I turned into a sleuth.

Since I am processed oriented and task focused individual, this role enabled me to utilizing it daily with the tools the bank uses and allowed me the personal satisfaction of being able to help 85% of my callers on first point of contact.
enjoyable and fun
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 27, 2014
Pros: expensives paid, bonuses
I enjoy my position as the senior mortgage advisor and am looking to further my career
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 24, 2014
I would normally help customers who need assistance, I learned how to manage peoples accounts by withdrawing and depositing money for big companies. I treated everyone around me with respect and in a professional manner. Hardest part of the job was not knowing what to do and leaving me in a difficult situation and most enjoyable part was being able to interact with lots of different people.
great place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), leicesterNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free coffe
Cons: bad management
great place to work but wanted to enjoy myself in my career as a electrician
balanced workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Hartlepool, ENGOctober 17, 2014
Pros: fantastic people
Cons: not always rewarded for job done well and commitment shown
busy, challenging, enjoyable. Fantastic dealing with wide range of people
it was a nice place to work
Work experience (Former Employee), Talbot greenSeptember 17, 2014
working here gave me a good grasp of what goes on inside a branch. it was a very enriching place with nice customers and employees
Peaceful work environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Harpenden, ENGSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch break
Cons: the quiet periods within the working day
During my time at NatWest, my general shift lasted from 9:00am to 5:30pm. A typical day consisted of assisting customers in any way possible, whether that be via a cashiers desk or a meeting. The management team was incredibly supportive and taught me a variety of skills, including how to communicate clearly and concisely, and how to work in a team effectively. My co-workers were polite and friendly and we all got along well. The most difficult aspect of the job was confronting angry customers while the most enjoyable part was knowing that put a customers mind at ease by helping them out with their queries.
Job Role
Customer Adviser (Current Employee), BramhallSeptember 1, 2014
Within my current role as a Customer Adviser I work with the branch team to help build strong relationships with our customers which are profitable and sustainable. This is achieved by providing outstanding customer service during each interaction.

On a daily basis I undertake several full customer reviews which are a mixture of pre booked appointments and referrals from customer foot flow in the branch. During each review I build a full picture of the customers financial situation and identify areas where the customer may have a product gap or need which one of our products or services may help with, either directly or by means of a referral to a specialist i.e. Mortgage Adviser or Specialist Financial Planning Manager.

I help coach and motivate the team not only on a daily basis in Huddles and Dofts but also on a 1:1 basis for individual coaching. I feel this is a key part of my role within the branch as it helps give knowledge to my colleagues which in turn breeds confidence.

I deputies for the Branch Manager in his absence which gives me confidence and builds a firm understanding of not only Risk and Control but also people management.
One of the best team setups i've ever had at a workplace. Made better by a world class branch manager
Customer Adviser (Former Employee), Southampton, ENGAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good teamwork in every branch i worked in, relaxed approach to selling installed by the branch manager
Cons: high pressure targets, pressure to work extra hours if targets not met.
An ever changing financial world meant working at Natwest was always pressure driven.
The culture shift to customer service away from heavy selling was a good move.
Enjoyed working with the people I worked with.
Learnt alot about myself working at the company.
Work Experience
Assistant (Former Employee), FarehamJuly 10, 2014
I was not paid for this work-experience as it was included as part of an introduction into the working life outside of school. I developed many skills working there which I believe would help me in any job that I would work in.

1 2 3