NatWest Employee Reviews

Colleagues great, management friendly
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Cwmbran, Monmouthshire16 June 2017
The people I work with are great. Like everywhere at the moment, people are being expected to do more than their standard role for no additional pay. Job stability not there
Relationship Manager Private Banking role was challenging and exciting
Relationship Manager- Private Banking (Former Employee) –  Birmingham UK14 June 2017
the role mainly was focused around managing a high net worth income portfolio with clients such as doctors, barristers, lawyers, solicitors, consultant, directors and partners. Reviewing and managing their financial needs by providing them with appropriate financial solution was the core aim of this role
Pros
always a learning curve
Customer Care, Challenging, Sales Driven.
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  West Midlands6 June 2017
Daily duties. Cashiering, answering queries, making sure customers went away happy. Booking appointments in to the Customer Advisors diaries. Dealing with complaints.
I learnt so many things over the years, but Customer Service is paramount.
Management :- always chasing the appointments.
Culture :- Work hard, keep your head down.
Hardest part :- justifying your day.
Most enjoyable :- Serving the customers, helping them with all their Banking needs.
Great place
Local Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Essex5 June 2017
Great place to work, a really forward thinking and evolving business focussed on its customers and all the ways in which we can remove the complexity of our interactions and become customer obsessed.

Good work ethic and really focussed on the well being of their people.
Suitable work/life
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodham Ferrers30 May 2017
Good face to face contact with the customers and variety of transactions within each day. Worked part time and fitted in with childcare and able to swap days or times to accommodate children's events.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Downend29 May 2017
Excellent training package, welcoming work environment with helpful staff, ongoing training opportunities and a clear path to progression in the branch and wider company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Sales targets
Don't look after their staff
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hampshire25 May 2017
Pressure selling to customers that don't need products. Sugar coated by calling it different words. Unethical selling, just about making money and not helping
Pros
Cons
Bullied
work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Droylsden25 May 2017
Staff there were very nice and welcoming, I played a role in many different jobs roles and dealt with customers. It was overall a good experience for me as it was a chance to see how a bank is run.
Great and varied banking opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent22 May 2017
I've had many roles in the bank from Personal to Commercial Banking. Each role offers unique challenges and there is an increasing focus on financial drivers and this is a key measure when your performance is evaluated.
productive
taking payments
communication skills
work as a team
advising customers
Pros
free drinks
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Officer/PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Catford, Greater London19 May 2017
*A typical day at work begins around 8.45Am, after the branch opening procedure followed by the hurdle where everyone is assigned the days functions and any info is cascaded down to the team by the manager.
*I learned a whole lot in natwest especially my time in this branch where I was for over seven years
This branch was a melting pot of the good, the bad and the ugly. On the whole the customer base are nice and very understanding that the staff is doing their best for them.
It was high paced,pressured and very very trying.Once you get to know them, they are lovely and trusting even telling you about their very personal lives.
*Work place was ok, good team everyone pulling together to deal with the day.
*The hardest part of the job is the occasional member of the team not making effort and very busy doing nothing and not taking ownership of queries/complaints and following up.
*The most enjoyable part of the job are my customers, the happiness, the smiles and satisfaction of customers you have assisted. I look forward to seeing my customers everyday because no 2 days are the same. The customer requirements,queries are as different as each of the customers.
Area Mortgage Manager
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  essex and suffolk19 May 2017
responsible for training, coaching members of the salesforce team, also to develop and maintain effective working relationships with retail and business colleagues. to drive forward the mortgage productivity and ensure quality of advice standards are understood by the team, they work to deliver the highest level of advice and service. managing any shortfalls effectively.
Good atmosphere
Telemarketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2017
I worked in the telemarketing department starting figures via Excel and producing graphs. It was a lovely team and a good atmosphere, a very enjoyable job.
Good role during Uni
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London17 May 2017
Took the role on when at Uni, working in call centre. Hours suited my needs and pay was good for the role. A good experience helping me into the big world of work and what I was letting myself in for
Benefits pretty good but management are slow to change
Deputy Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton10 May 2017
Pretty good place to work with very competitive benefits.

Managers are very slow to change their behaviours and put customers first.

Culturally things are changing but needs to happen faster.
Job dependant
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Norwich9 May 2017
I was working as a Front of House member which meant I dealt with lots of complaints. However when i was able to help people who struggled with their banking they were very grateful.
Pros
Working with a great team.
Cons
Dealing with aggressive customers.
Productive and Workplace
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu5 May 2017
A good place to begin professional career with great learning opportunity.Provides good work life balance and various amenities like transportation facility.
Excellent work experience placement
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 May 2017
During my time at NatWest on a work placement, I learned alot of things. Such as how to observe people. put money into a cash machine etc. This was a very fun experience.
nice people
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire1 May 2017
a very busy place to work. offers excellent customer service. lots of things to learn about and company is trying to improve all the time. Management are good.
Pros
good salary
Cons
job changes
ok
Customer Service Assistant/ administration (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 April 2017
it was a long time ago an I was there a long time so things changed. was good back in the day as cheap mortgages, xmas bonus and profit share but not now

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NatWest. Our community is ready to answer.