NatWest

NatWest Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 24, 2014
I would normally help customers who need assistance, I learned how to manage peoples accounts by withdrawing and depositing money for big companies. I treated everyone around me with respect and in a professional manner. Hardest part of the job was not knowing what to do and leaving me in a difficult situation and most enjoyable part was being able – more... to interact with lots of different people. – less
great place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), leicesterNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free coffe
Cons: bad management
great place to work but wanted to enjoy myself in my career as a electrician
balanced workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Hartlepool, ENGOctober 17, 2014
Pros: fantastic people
Cons: not always rewarded for job done well and commitment shown
busy, challenging, enjoyable. Fantastic dealing with wide range of people
it was a nice place to work
Work experience (Former Employee), Talbot greenSeptember 17, 2014
working here gave me a good grasp of what goes on inside a branch. it was a very enriching place with nice customers and employees
Peaceful work environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Harpenden, ENGSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch break
Cons: the quiet periods within the working day
During my time at NatWest, my general shift lasted from 9:00am to 5:30pm. A typical day consisted of assisting customers in any way possible, whether that be via a cashiers desk or a meeting. The management team was incredibly supportive and taught me a variety of skills, including how to communicate clearly and concisely, and how to work in a team – more... effectively. My co-workers were polite and friendly and we all got along well. The most difficult aspect of the job was confronting angry customers while the most enjoyable part was knowing that put a customers mind at ease by helping them out with their queries. – less
Job Role
Customer Adviser (Current Employee), BramhallSeptember 1, 2014
Within my current role as a Customer Adviser I work with the branch team to help build strong relationships with our customers which are profitable and sustainable. This is achieved by providing outstanding customer service during each interaction.

On a daily basis I undertake several full customer reviews which are a mixture of pre booked appointments – more... and referrals from customer foot flow in the branch. During each review I build a full picture of the customers financial situation and identify areas where the customer may have a product gap or need which one of our products or services may help with, either directly or by means of a referral to a specialist i.e. Mortgage Adviser or Specialist Financial Planning Manager.

I help coach and motivate the team not only on a daily basis in Huddles and Dofts but also on a 1:1 basis for individual coaching. I feel this is a key part of my role within the branch as it helps give knowledge to my colleagues which in turn breeds confidence.

I deputies for the Branch Manager in his absence which gives me confidence and builds a firm understanding of not only Risk and Control but also people management. – less
One of the best team setups i've ever had at a workplace. Made better by a world class branch manager
Customer Adviser (Former Employee), Southampton, ENGAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good teamwork in every branch i worked in, relaxed approach to selling installed by the branch manager
Cons: high pressure targets, pressure to work extra hours if targets not met.
An ever changing financial world meant working at Natwest was always pressure driven.
The culture shift to customer service away from heavy selling was a good move.
Enjoyed working with the people I worked with.
Learnt alot about myself working at the company.
Work Experience
Assistant (Former Employee), FarehamJuly 10, 2014
I was not paid for this work-experience as it was included as part of an introduction into the working life outside of school. I developed many skills working there which I believe would help me in any job that I would work in.
Busy workplace
Shadow Bank Manager (Former Employee), Lewisham, ENGJuly 8, 2014
I served customers - cashing in checks, checking accounts and day to day banking issues.
Reasonable
Greeter (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 8, 2014
Spent day at front helping clients as they walked in, directing them to where they needed to go, managers reasonably willing to help if issues arose, mostly left to work by myself.
proactive, sales orientated and incentive based workplace
webchat media (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGMarch 6, 2014
Pros: incentives
I enjoyed working at natwest, although it was a very busy environment to work in, i was always recognised for my hard work, I learned to deal with any customer senerio, concern or queries customers had, learned to build a rapport with customers and speed up my typing skills. management there was fabulous I got support if i needed it. my colleagues where – more... friendly and helpful.
I learned to cope under pressure. I enjoyed telling customers about the products we offer as a bank. – less
It was okay
Greeter (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 20, 2014
It was a bank, not much else to say, people were nice and helpful with learning what to do.
New venture very productive
Bank Clerk (Former Employee), Sheffield, ENGJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: work load increase
Either serving customer at the counter or greeting them at reception and booking appointments to speak to mortgage or financial advisors. Customers different needs are so vast and pointing them in the right direction to receive the correct advise for their needs. Branch managers that I have worked for have been very helpful and I have made firm friends – more... with my colleagues. Working within a team and getting to know my customers having chats, about their plans and helping to raise money for cancer research as a unit were all enjoyable parts of my job. – less
Fast and hardworking
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Enfield, ENGJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: shifts
Hard working and busy from the time you signed onto your computer until you signed off at the end of the day. Training of new staff. Excellent customer service skills always used.
Long day, lots of focus needed.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Tonbridge, ENGDecember 31, 2013
Nature of job requires very high levels of focus as well as persistence, and often means long hours.

Nature of bonus makes it a difficult one to achieve.

Stress levels higher than other industries.
workplace
bank claek (Current Employee), Canterbury, ENGDecember 15, 2013
Pros: being local to home
Cons: long hours
If I,m on the counter, then I serve customers all day, with their cash transaction. Otherwise if I,m on the front desk, then it's general enquiries. If I,m running the University branch, then I,m in control of the branch. For example organising Securicor runs, looking after the atm. The hardest part of the job is sales.where there is a need for the – more... customer, but the customer isn't interested. The enjoyable part of the job is the staff.as we all get on. – less
Friendly Environment
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee), Reading, ENGDecember 12, 2013
Employed in the Telephony department at NatWest where I picked up invaluable customer service skills through training and experience dealing with customers over the phone.
Salary was not good
Customer Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Worcester Park, ENGNovember 21, 2013
good place to work. work life balance is good. salary was not good.
Great people
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGNovember 21, 2013
Pros: free parking at the centre, free tea/coffee etc, flexible working - good work/life balance
Cons: systems not always working.
Target driven environment - worked as part of a team - my time at Natwest was mostly very enjoyable , I learned how to really build rapport with all levels of people. my co-workers were great and I try to keep in touch.
I enjoyed all aspects of the job, we were always learning something new and there was a great team spirit.
Productive and Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cheltenham, ENGOctober 17, 2013
Pros: free shares
Cons: busy branch
busy days as normal, cashing the tills and night till from the shop drop boxes.

How to sell the the products to the customers as their need.

Not involved too much with management side. but helping head cashier with balancing the books.

Good team to work with, helping each others when needed.

Selling our products.