NatWest Employee Reviews

I Enjoyed working with my clients and colleagues at NatW est
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey7 January 2018
Happy at NatWest and remained there for 33 years until an opportunity arose with a new company established by a previous colleague. Worked in various areas which has given me good experience in dealing with clients and offering a high level of customer service which is encourage by management.
Pros
Good holiday quota
Cons
Workload at times
A Nice team
Personal Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  London Bridge29 December 2017
A typical day would arrive at 8.30, prepare for the day and help the banking staff prepare if they were busy.
A full diary would be ahead of me & admin time would be whenever you had the time spare or at the end of the day.
I was in an area where the targets were incredibly high & in my opinion, wasn't the fairest. every month they'd go up even when they couldn't be achieved the month before.
Fun and enjoyable work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Wokingham23 December 2017
It is a fun and enjoyable work place with friendly co workers who help you when you are stuck on a task or need assistance. The management is very controlled and it is a very good workplace.
work experiance
On hand (Former Employee) –  London21 December 2017
i didn't get paid as it was work experience but i loved every minute while i was there, if i could go back i would, i done it while i was in high school
enlightening and frustrating
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 December 2017
Typical day includes working as a cashier and interacting with public as well as assisting in any customer concerns, workplace culture varies depending on the branch generally not a lively work atmosphere.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Dying Trade
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  West Byfleet, Surrey19 December 2017
Unfortunately many branches are closing so therefore these roles and becoming more and more limited. The role is fun and hours are sociable, however it is a limited career.
Cons
Redundancy
Bank Clerk
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge8 December 2017
working in a bullion centre my day consisted of processing large amounts of daily takings from large high street stores, balancing tills, cheque processing
Pros
shares scheme, pension
Cons
travel
Left this bank for HSBC
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands18 November 2017
This is a previous employment from 12 years ago. The job ceased to suit me and I moved on to work full time at HSBC. A typical day at work involved all branch banking duties,
Obtained life skills across the board
Premium banking manager (Former Employee) –  Childwall13 November 2017
Nat West Bank was my first job at 16 when I left school & I acquired many life skills, mainly in front line, face to face with customers! I retired after 30years in a full pension. I have worked voluntary for last 18months for a networking company to help children & families with Neurodevelopmental difficulties. I am looking for a part time job in retail
Pros
Worked many social events hosted be nat west
Productive working enviorment
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Edgware8 November 2017
Good experience,
chance of growth, great atmosphere. Management was good.
Hardest part was the sales aspect of the job. Your typical day will revolve around seeing on average 5 customers a day. Perform financial checks and provide solutions for customers to either make or save them money.
Hard and Stressful
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire29 October 2017
Unfortunately working here had detrimental impacts on my mental health and so I am forced to give it up although the good times were really good the bad times are just too much and working there everyone pretends everything the business does is perfect there is no reality
Productive And Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Docklands22 October 2017
Through my time I here, I learnt a lot at NatWest, It was an enjoyable and important experience and really gave me a taste of work life. I thoroughly believe it was the best place to begin working.
I worked in Natwest for over 5 years
Customer Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Hornchurch, Greater London18 October 2017
A career in natwest is good, but the career progression is very slow, The salary grade is not in line with any internal promotions.

Overall a good experience
Pros
A good time
Cons
not much career prospects
Excellent
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft18 October 2017
NatWest is a great company to work for! Great training and benefits! It’s just a shame the credit crunch hit which caused all the problems with people being made redundant and the share price dropping like a stone!
Pros
Superb
Cons
Great place to gain experience
DEPUTY BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2017
Enjoyed my many years of working here and learnt so much in many different fields. I had a great team behind me with plenty of support from high management.
productive
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Hounslow West, Greater London15 October 2017
i had enjoyed my time working here at natwest as i had learnt quite a lot and how to be confident with customers face to face. also being at the front desk has built up my confident.
Proactive
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job role is interacting with different stakeholders around the business.
The workplace culture encourages collaboration and proactivity as well as an atmosphere where people feel valued and supported.
A typical day is interaction with the public from general banking queries to conducting financial reviews, drawing down lending facilities and keeping up to date with control regulations.
From completing my professional bankers certificate, I have gained a wider knowledge around risk and control within the banking sector.
wonderful management, no progression
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset11 October 2017
A wonderful working team, however very little opportunity to advance from the bottom. longer hours than you are paid for, but a good starting salary to compensate.
Fun but stressful
Associate Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 October 2017
Working in NatWest branches is so fun in terms of engaging and chatting with the customers, however at times it can be incredibly stressful and it sometimes feels as though you aren't paid as much as you should be.
|Good place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire8 October 2017
Very busy customer facing environment, varied work. Meeting new people on regular basis. Great colleagues. Lots of responsibility. Support not always available.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Extremely busy, dealing with difficult customers