Reports to: Regional Vice President, Manitoba
The Office Administrator – Manitoba Region is responsible for the effective coordination and management of the office of the Regional Vice President (RVP), Manitoba and provides administrative and executive support to the RVP and Management Team in Manitoba.
- Provides day to day administrative support to the Regional Vice President, Manitoba. Duties include managing communications, calendar, travel, and drafting, editing and distributing documents.
- Provides administrative support to the Board of Directors and committees. Prepares and circulates notices, agendas, manuals and briefing materials for Manitoba Board of Directors meetings. Attends all Board meetings, taking minutes and circulating them. Maintains archive of all Board and committee minutes. Maintains and updates database of Board and committee motions.
- Plans and coordinates meetings, including teleconferences, meeting venues, accommodations, catering arrangements, materials equipment, etc.
- Provides service to Manitoba Region staff by organizing and reporting on staff meetings, ensuring the smooth flow of information, documents, and various processes.
- Maintains staff and Board directories for internal and external use.
- Maintains confidential personnel files associated with hiring, classification, and employee evaluation. Assists with the preparation of job advertisements and letters of hire. Assists with the coordination of job competitions. Plans and coordinates the interview process.
- Manages the supply, equipment and furniture inventories to ensure the timely availability of cost-effective products and services.
- Undertakes special or one-time projects as directed by the Regional Vice President, Manitoba. Other duties as assigned by the Regional Vice President.
- Experience as an Administrator with excellent decision-making and management skills. The incumbent will be self-directed and have well-developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are necessary to communicate effectively with Board and committee members, other staff, volunteers, donors and members of the public.
- Experience and background in legal matters pertaining to real estate transactions and title documents would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage multiple demands and competing priorities with a minimum of direction.
- Demonstrated ability to create, organize and maintain effective and efficient record keeping systems (paper systems and electronic systems).
- Demonstrated flexibility; an ability to switch readily among tasks as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to build good working relationships with staff at the regional and national levels.
- Effective and efficient phone manner.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to anticipate problems/issues and address issues in a timely manner and to obtain pertinent information from a variety of sources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; ie MS Outlook, MSWord, MSExcel, MSAccess and MSPowerpoint and data base management.
- Previous experience with Financial Edge and Raisers’ Edge database (or similar donor database program) would be an asset.
How to Apply
If you have a keen interest in nature and conservation and are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter, indicating “Office Administrator - MB” in the subject line, along with your salary expectations.
Closing date for this posting is November 9th, 2013.
We thank everyone for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.