Naturalizer

Naturalizer Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Okay for a first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Bay, ONMay 28, 2014
Cons: long hours.
The location I worked at is currently closed, but it was an alright job. I got to learn what it means to actually work and how to deal with foot odor.
Fun work place
Retail Clerk (Current Employee), St.John's NewfoundlandAugust 3, 2013
Pros: great people, working with the public, and learning new things each and everyday.
Cons: sometimes the hours are not always there.
This work place is a great place to work in, the people are all helpful and we have a lot of team work. I have learned new things from different people, different life styles and different techniques. My manger I have worked for before and she is a great person, works around what you need off. The hardest part of the job is to please you customers requirements. – more... The most enjoyable thing about the job is working with the public and getting to meet people from different places. – less
clean place to work and staff re nice
3rd key junior sales assistant (Former Employee), Pierrefonds, QCMay 14, 2013
Pros: good work coleags
Cons: pay not too good
you have to be very patient in sales.be able to work both on your own and as part of a team.be able to work under pressure nd multi tasking.
Healthy work envoirnment
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee), SaskatoonApril 7, 2013
Its a strict retail based job where i need to people as well as maintain the store budget in order to satisfy dailly sales goal
Learned So much
Assistant Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 27, 2013
Pros: small store
Cons: managemnet was unorganized
Sold shoes under partial commision, had a great staff, monthly/daily/weekly goals. Stock room, and customer assistance
Great atmosphere to learn.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 8, 2013
Unfortunately this company decided to close the retail stores of the company, so we were left without a job. When the store was open, it had flexible hours, great management (including DM), and great bonus and incentives.
Good company if you have a good manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: good pay, good discounts, great products.
Cons: no job security, bad management sometimes.
A typical day at work would be opening the store, receiving stock, tidying the shelves, and above all; customer service. Naturalizer is very sales driven, which I always love in retail because it keeps everyone motivated.

I learned a lot about different types of footwear; mainly what is good for your feet and what is bad. I learned different sales – more... skills than I'd had before, because I'd never worked with a customer base that was older than roughly 25, but it taught me a lot. And I love their products now.

The management there was great for the most part. I can say that they need to relieve some of the stress on their managers because I worked in 3 different stores with 2 different managers and stress was thick in the air sometimes. And I worked there for the better part of 2 years and was just taken off the schedule without any real reason. I had called in sick previously for a single shift (I swear it's not an under-exaggeration) and I had a doctors note from being in the hospital for dehydration after I had had the flu. So I guess that's the main reason I wouldn't work there again, no job security.

Co-workers were great. Never really had anyone I didn't get along with, loved the staff.

Hardest part of the job is doing the running for shoes. The back rooms are usually small and highly stacked, so you're climbing ladders all day. But it keeps you fit!

Best part of the job was the customers. I loved helping them because I feel that the middle aged customer base is much more appreciative of good customer service than the younger generation. I had fun helping them and I miss it a lot. – less
an amazing place to work
CASHIER / SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 9, 2012
with great management there. it was a seasonal before i started school.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Naturalizer. I enjoyed the environment of being with a well rounded staff and being able to exceed the expectations of the store and the company. I also enjoyed the flexibility of my work hours and the daily tasks that I took on later on in my position.

A typical day would be:
- Stock maintaining
- Customer Service
- Training of – more... employees
- One on one interaction with customers – less
Casual and comfortable yet fast paced work environment
Sales Associate and Keyholder (Former Employee), Sanatoga, PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: discount, room for advancment
Cons: benifits
A typical day consisted of keeping the store organized, helping the customer above and beyond, making sales to benefit my company, and making sure my co-workers were maintaining their position as well. The management was wonderful. As long as you did your job the best you could they were always happy and nice to be around. Hardest part of the job was – more... unloading and stocking, making sure everything was exactly where it needed to be. If the store wasn't in perfect condition, everything was out of sorts. The most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing my customers and having them come back because they loved everything we sold and the atmosphere. – less
Cute , comfy , affordable shoes
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Auburn, WAJune 8, 2014
Helping people find the best deal , promoting new styles , flexible with school but the hours just weren't there . management was easy to get along with , and the tasks assigned were defiantly doable
Great company that cared about its employees
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 15, 2014
The company showed care and concern for its employees. Management provide training and the proper resources so employees can do their jobs effectively.
Overall Good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), I 35 Prime Outlets San Marcos, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: relax environment, breaks given but not assigned, usually very busy at store
Cons: no benefits or good pay increases, some seasons can be slow and this can lead to cut hours
Overall the company is a very relax group of people that are easy to get along with. They will absolutely work with your schedule and even give days off if needed. There aren't any real chances at advancements, and sometimes hours are low so pay isn't always the best. No real chance for benefits with this company.
Positive workplace that fosters progressive attitudes
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodbury Commons, New YorkOctober 29, 2013
I feel I was lucky in my experience at Naturalizer; I was stationed in a tourist location, and my managers were all very smart (college-educated) problem solvers. I learned how to mediate conflict well on the job, since unhappy customers would often come in with ridiculous demands (a favourite story of mine: a woman demanded that we give her a full – more... refund and a new pair of shoes because she had worn hers out after a full year of use) and it would be up to me to calm them down and help them listen to a different perspective. The workplace was efficient, positive, clean, and caring; everybody there worked hard to get things done on time or before they were due, maintain a clean space, and help people have a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of working there was having my ideas for improvement listened to an acted upon; something as simple as consolidating a sticker system or updating an outdated logbook or as complex as changing the flow of the shoes to help stop theft and reworking the methods for adding shoes to the clearance section were taken into account by my superiors, and received with positive feedback. If an idea helped sales or decreased theft, it was implemented; this made me feel like I was part of a team instead of just another gear in the system. – less
very productive and fun place to work.
Supervisor, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYJune 24, 2013
Pros: free lunches, positive people work with to get our jobs accomplished
Cons: no health insurance, only senior managers.
light maintenance smooth and very attentive to customer. learned about shoes and how to assist customers. Management was a slightly redundant. Disoragnized. co-workers were somewhat unhappy. Hardest part was dealing with staff but I really enjoyed putting a smile on every customers face before they left our business.
understanding company and great experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 15, 2013
This company is very understanding an you will be recognized for the efforts you put or don't put. I was lucky enough to have a great staff that worked together and very understanding, The company itself is very understanding as well. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the different types of customers however we had a clear policy and – more... corporate would almost always back up the store. My only complaint would be the benefits. They were very expensive and did not offer much. – less
Great Place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alpine, CAMay 17, 2013
Pros: shoe discounts
Cons: healthcare
Co-workers are really what made the work experience incredible.
great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAFebruary 5, 2013
its a slow pace company not much to work with than to wait for customers to walk-in
Naturalizer Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), new york nyJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at work includes updating sales forecast, managing inventory, employee scheduling and providing exceptional customer service.

Hardest part of the job was the inconsistent schedule. Most enjoyable part of the job was making our customers happy.
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: meeting people, setting and making goals
Cons: financial compensation was too low.
In this position, I got to see the management side of retail. Making monthly goals was done with team work and good time managment.
I learned to manage my time well and manage others.

About Naturalizer

There's no business like the retail and wholesale shoe business for Brown Shoe Company. Brown Shoe operates about 1,100 value-priced – Read more