Natural Source is a fast paced start-up! Are you passionate about living a healthy lifestyle and eating right? Are you energetic, social, and easy to talk to? Are you interested in using your MBA education to see distinct impact at a start-up which is growing exponentially?
SOUND LIKE YOU? KEEP READING...
The open position is a full time contract position for 12 months, with potential for continued full-time work with the company after the contract term ends.
Posting closing date: Sept 21st, 2014
About Natural Source:
Natural Source – Healthy Office Snacks advocates for corporate culture in the workplace by providing a "Google style" healthy food service. We design, build and manage nutritious free-to-staff snack and beverage stations to fuel Vancouver offices, while also maintaining ecofriendly practices and partnerships. www.naturalsourcesnacks.ca
We’re looking to hire an Operations Manager who is adaptable and excels in a diverse work environment – you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and learn all elements of the business. The selected applicant will work flexibly out of our warehouse in the Cambie/Fairview area and our office space at the Coast Capital Savings Innovation Hub downtown. Working at the CCS Innovation Hub is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and to learn from other social entrepreneurs.
Reporting to the CEO the successful applicant will:
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of our company growth – specifically: support better management reporting, information flow, business process and organizational planning through the implementation and over-seeing of our new software.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Management of company budget in coordination with the CEO. Including but not limited to:
-Invoicing to funding sources, including calculation of completed units of service.
-Payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits.
-Disbursement of checks for agency expenses.
- Organization of fiscal documents.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Regular meetings with the CEO around fiscal planning.
- Supervise and coach warehouse staff on an ongoing basis.
- MBA or Business Graduate Equivalent
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Commitment to Natural Source’s corporate wellness mission
- Demonstrated background and work experience specifically related to organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and google docs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast paced environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style, and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
-Free snacks and drinks
-Flexible office setting
-Casual working environment
GETTING EXCITED? JUST A FEW MORE THINGS...
Applications will be accepted and interviews will held on a rolling basis until Sept 21, 2014
Compensation: will commensurate with experience
Please apply with a resume, and your answers to the following questions instead of a cover letter:
-What interests you most about this position?
-What is your strongest skill?
-What do you do in your free time?
-Briefly describe your relevant work experience (attach any examples if applicable)