Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide Building Society Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Already reviwed Nationwide
HR People Services Advisor (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: n.a
Cons: n.a
very good work life balance. Investment in the future and proud and supportive of it's employees. Nationwide staff live and breathe their members whether they are in ATM support or front office branch staff. Everyone understand the impact of their role to the greater purpose of Nationwide and I am proud to be working with them.
Financial Consultant
FINANCIAL CONSULTANT (CONTRACTOR) (Current Employee), NorthamptonJanuary 14, 2015
A motivated, adaptable and result oriented consultant in the financial service sector with proven track record of delivering under pressure. Having worked on different projects for my current and previous employers, ranging from PPI Past Business Review, Quality Checking, Data and Financial Analysis, not only have I learnt how to interact with different Stakeholders and ensure that deadlines are met, I have also improved on my analytical skills and have a better understanding of the FCA rules and regulations. I have excellent communication skills and experience in interacting with various stakeholders to understand their needs and ensure that these are taken into account in the delivery of the projects I have been involved in. I have also been involved in Cost vs Benefits process to ensure that budget is not exceeded.
It's ok if you're not looking for long term temporary employment
Administrator (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
Hardest part of the job is being sat for hours on end in front of a computer, tapping away on a keyboard.
very professional
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Ox and BucksJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: training, coaching to archive goals.
Cons: change of contract to flexible working
Great place to work if you are looking to progress in Financial Services. Good training and structured progression.
Exciting and Vibrant
Personal Banking Manager (Former Employee), AlfretonJanuary 6, 2015
My role meant seeing customers on a daily basis to discuss their current and future financial needs and to relate those needs to the products and services on offer. This required the ability to talk to customers on different levels and to be able to communicate effectively with them. This mean I was able to consistently exceed sales targets.

Accurate record keeping is essential as is the ability to follow process guidelines as well as adhering to regulatory processes such as the Data Protection Act.

As the most experienced member of the team, a lot of my time was spent helping the other team members with problems that they didn't fully understand. This was a part of the role I particularly enjoyed, it was great to see a colleague come to me with a problem and to help them resolve it. Giving them the confidence to tackle it themselves next time.

Meetings were held on a daily basis with the manager and the rest of the sales team to review the previous day and to discuss the day ahead. Meetings were also held on a monthly basis with my line manager to talk about my own performance and also to discuss any issues or concerns we had.

The most enjoyable part of my role was the actual interviewing of the customer, really getting to know them, finding out about their family, jobs and hobbies. I got a tremendous buzz out of making them better off, for example, saving them money on their home insurance or referring them to a colleague to save them potentially thousands of pounds on their mortgage payments.

The most difficult part of the role was when I saw customers who came in to register the death of a loved one. This was especially difficult when it was a customer I knew. By dealing with them in a calm and professional manner and making sure they knew the process that had to be followed, I was able to help them through a very difficult time.
Excellent place to work, one of the best companies in the country
Change Consultant Business Analyst (Current Employee), NorthamptonJanuary 2, 2015
Ideal company is a company which will be a platform for my career growth. And ideal job is a job which gives fulfillment in work.
Nationwide
Customer Representative (Former Employee), DundeeDecember 23, 2014
I worked within their Dundee Branch before moving to Edinburgh.
The team were the best out of this job and working together towards the competative success of the branch itself was rewarding, challenging and motivating.
productive and excellent palce to work
PMO Analyst - Business Compliance (Current Employee), swindonDecember 10, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: not sure
each day is different with different challenges. the people were amazing
Great working in a financial institution
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Moulton ParkDecember 6, 2014
The team I worked with were all fantastic and we all had a lot of fun. Development was fairly scarce due to the size of company but the working hours meant that work/life balance was incredibly rewarding.
Financial institution
Analyst (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGDecember 5, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: financial industry very regulated
Financial institution, bound to a large extent by financial regulators.

Roles are very prescribed, not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
busy fast paced stressful work place
Customer Representative & Host (Former Employee), hantsNovember 6, 2014
customer representatives have too much of a workload for the time allocated and what is required is a very high standard. no set roles given to individuals leading to things being done incorrectly or incomplete. systems are slow and hinder performance which you are constantly measured against.
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), NorthamptonOctober 30, 2014
Hard work however the salarys do not match the work put in. Managment is usualy good however improvements could be made.My co-workers are great and have learnt alot whilst in the role.
quiet days
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Kirkwall, SCTOctober 28, 2014
Pros: set hours
Cons: long periods without customers
Speaking to customers every day dealing with any banking query. I open new savings accounts for customers and discuss the products available to ensure that the customers needs are met with the best product.
There is only a small team of five of various ages and experience.
The hardest thing of the day can be to keep the enthusiasm level high during long periods without a customer
Professional and rewarding
Programme Finance Manager (Former Employee), SwindonOctober 22, 2014
Pros: being treated like an adult, to be responsible for your own work.
Cons: long hours, contradicting communications.
Often long hours, however worth the effort when the results work towards a meaningful contribution. There is in places too many layers of management which can be contradicting although senior management do have a strategy that they drive through sound business/technology change and the organisation PRIDE award scheme. I was extremely lucky to work alongside several very professional and hard working colleagues enabling sound working relationships. Most parts of the job were arduous but the buzz around the office when delivery/implementations were achieved made it great to be a part of.
Average Work place
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Wakefield, ENGOctober 15, 2014
Pros: wage
Cons: no benefits, not looked after like perm staff
Good Salary.
Not a good place to work for as a temp member of staff as you area treated totally different
Busy, Different, Fun
Customer Representative (Current Employee), essexOctober 14, 2014
I start work at 10 to 9, servicing cash machines, to then setting my work station up for the day.
This is then continued by serving a number of customers with different needs and queries.
Throughout the day I complete audits and administration.

I work closely with the management as I am a deputy officer and I am in charge in the absence of management.

I do monthly rotas, for holidays different working patterns and time off.

I also run the safe so I collect monies from other members of staff as well as giving it out to them.
Decent enough place to work
Case Owners (Former Employee), BournemouthOctober 14, 2014
I enjoyed working at Nationwide, in the mortgage department, as my responsibilities were data entry and collection. I was able to work fast and was able to work on my own, whilst being a part of a team.

However, the team I was on was not managed properly, there were two managers on a job share basis, and they did not communicate properly between themselves, or with the rest of the team.
vibrant office environment
Full Time Mortgage Administrator (Current Employee), GlasgowOctober 11, 2014
Process mortgage applications

liaising with brokers, mortgage consultants, solicitors and valuer
Lovely place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), NorthamptonOctober 7, 2014
Nationwide is an enjoyable place to work with a wide variety of job roles.
Senior Project Accountant (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGSeptember 30, 2014

About Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide Building Society is the world’s largest building society, one the UK’s largest savings providers and a – Read more

Nationwide Building Society Photos