Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide Building Society Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work, well run company
Mortgage Representative (Current Employee), WorcestershireJune 1, 2015
I have learned a lot about myself and the way of the world at Nationwide. My general knowledge of the banking world has increased and my ability to take on feedback and implement it into my work has evolved greatly here.
bad management
Customer representative (Former Employee), cirencesterMay 27, 2015
terribe management for the branch I was in, I miscarried while working with nationwide and it was treated in the most poor and unsympathetic way. I was not allowed time off to grieve and told by my manager – more... that I wouldn't need long to grieve because I had not planned my pregnancy. - the manager claimed she never got my doctors note and put me through payroll as AWOL which caused my money to be stopped while of poorly, nationwide as a company did not deal with thius well, even after then showing the doctors notes they would not pay me until the following month, and again this is incorrect, and have not had a call back from 2 weeks ago in reply or letter.

my time at nationwide had few perks but when you are told there is no such thing as targets in this job it is false! - it is a very very target based job! but they caim everyday that its not. – less
Excellent company to work for
Trainer (Former Employee), Wakefield, ENGMay 27, 2015
They are an excellent company to work for and display excellent values to both employees and staff.
The management are excellent and very supportive and their is lots of development potential offered throughout the company.
Great Company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTMay 13, 2015
Fantastic place to work. Never stay in the same role look to progress and keep your head down and you will be successful . Good chance to progress in the company for the right people.
Great brand, great ethos, great training, great culture
Head of People and Practice, Change Mgmt (Former Employee), SwindonMay 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible, professional, supportive, collaborative
Cons: Political
Excellent company with strong embedded values and ethos.
Learned project management, training, leadership, employee engagement.
Co-workers are like minded and great to work with.
Have undergone much – more... change and have become more commercial - which it needed as some departments took a long time to change /deliver.
Sometimes, departments can act in silos - need more focus on the corporate bigger picture.
Company backdrop excellent, but like anywhere, some political players. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Service Centre Manager (Former Employee), SwanseaMay 4, 2015
Pros: staff rate
Cons: can't think of one!
Brilliant organisation. Provides excellent training and support to staff.
As a company they understand the needs of their members and treat them as individuals to maximise customer satisfaction, as an employer they develop their staff to be energised and driven to succeed.
Good Workplace
Commercial Recovery Manager (Former Employee), LondonApril 21, 2015
Good workplace, with varied work including all aspects of front and back office management of a Commercial Loan portfolio.
Great Job security
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), VariousApril 10, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: lack of consistency
I worked in a branch with face to face professional mortgage advice. I had to work across a various branches and was succesful in the role.
Good workplace, Fantastic opportunities
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee), Carlisle, ENGMarch 30, 2015
Pros: development
Cons: wages
Great company to work for, lots of personal development, great career opportunities. Fully focused on customer service and making sure that employees are treated fairly.
Stable
Supervisor (Current Employee), Northampton, ENGFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: close to where i live
Cons: not easy to develope
I feel it is a stable place to work but I am currently finding it very hard to develop any further than I have an have strong ambitions and career drive which I feel is slowly coming to a stop. I feel it is a good place to work and a great company. It offers you lots of benefits like extra holiday, cycle scheme and pension.
fantastic company
Resourcer - Nationwide NOW (Current Employee), BournemouthFebruary 24, 2015
Nationwide Building Society is the world's biggest mutual.
Nationwide NOW is an expanding digital world - providing customers with immediate and easy to use appointments remotely
Friendly, local, family oriented
architect (Current Employee), SwindonFebruary 19, 2015
Typical day - average is 9-5
What you learn - small enough to get end to end overview of the business
Coworkers - knowledgeable
Hardest part - traditional thinking, everyone knows everyone so can be political
Most enjoyable:Friendly, local, family oriented.
Fast paced, customer focussed financial services industry
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Southampton, ENGFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good career prospects and a reliable company reputation, good benefits.
Cons: saturday working is part of the working week and forms part of everyones working pattern, challenging goals to meet daily.
Every day brings challenges in a forever changing environment. Always striving to identify customers financial needs whilst maintaining a very high standard of customer service.
The customer always comes – more... first.

Excellent teamwork enabling the smooth running of the branch.
Meeting the demands of challenging customers whilst remaining within policy guidelines and the rules and regulations required by a financial services provider. – less
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), SwindonFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good working relationships
This role was to deal with Bankruptcy, Child Support Agency, DWP Benefit Fraud and HMRC Tax certificate cases. These processes involve a lot of detailed investigation on a daily basis I have to quality – more... check client paperwork, maintain paper/computer files,processing cases to strict deadlines. I have to liaise with the Insolvency Service, Department for Work and Pensions and HMRC making sure all data files are accurate, I am often asked to carry out the lead administrator role. This involves keying the key performance indicators for the team on daily basis and the allocation of work for team members making sure all work allocated stays within our service level agreements. I am the main point of contact for
the team and also the trainer. – less
high standards required with limited support
Financial Planning Manager (Former Employee), scotlandFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good team spirt in branch
Cons: no one really understands the role reqirements except your peer group
work life balance isn't great there is an expectation that you will complete work in your own time. The overall firm is good to work for but they make financial planning harder work than they need to.
Already reviwed Nationwide
HR People Services Advisor (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: n.a
Cons: n.a
very good work life balance. Investment in the future and proud and supportive of it's employees. Nationwide staff live and breathe their members whether they are in ATM support or front office branch staff. Everyone understand the impact of their role to the greater purpose of Nationwide and I am proud to be working with them.
Financial Consultant
FINANCIAL CONSULTANT (CONTRACTOR) (Current Employee), NorthamptonJanuary 14, 2015
A motivated, adaptable and result oriented consultant in the financial service sector with proven track record of delivering under pressure. Having worked on different projects for my current and previous – more... employers, ranging from PPI Past Business Review, Quality Checking, Data and Financial Analysis, not only have I learnt how to interact with different Stakeholders and ensure that deadlines are met, I have also improved on my analytical skills and have a better understanding of the FCA rules and regulations. I have excellent communication skills and experience in interacting with various stakeholders to understand their needs and ensure that these are taken into account in the delivery of the projects I have been involved in. I have also been involved in Cost vs Benefits process to ensure that budget is not exceeded. – less
It's ok if you're not looking for long term temporary employment
Administrator (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
Hardest part of the job is being sat for hours on end in front of a computer, tapping away on a keyboard.
very professional
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Ox and BucksJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: training, coaching to archive goals.
Cons: change of contract to flexible working
Great place to work if you are looking to progress in Financial Services. Good training and structured progression.
Exciting and Vibrant
Personal Banking Manager (Former Employee), AlfretonJanuary 6, 2015
My role meant seeing customers on a daily basis to discuss their current and future financial needs and to relate those needs to the products and services on offer. This required the ability to talk to – more... customers on different levels and to be able to communicate effectively with them. This mean I was able to consistently exceed sales targets.

Accurate record keeping is essential as is the ability to follow process guidelines as well as adhering to regulatory processes such as the Data Protection Act.

As the most experienced member of the team, a lot of my time was spent helping the other team members with problems that they didn't fully understand. This was a part of the role I particularly enjoyed, it was great to see a colleague come to me with a problem and to help them resolve it. Giving them the confidence to tackle it themselves next time.

Meetings were held on a daily basis with the manager and the rest of the sales team to review the previous day and to discuss the day ahead. Meetings were also held on a monthly basis with my line manager to talk about my own performance and also to discuss any issues or concerns we had.

The most enjoyable part of my role was the actual interviewing of the customer, really getting to know them, finding out about their family, jobs and hobbies. I got a tremendous buzz out of making them better off, for example, saving them money on their home insurance or referring them to a colleague to save them potentially thousands of pounds on their mortgage payments.

The most difficult part of the role was when I saw customers who came in to register the death of a loved one. This was especially difficult when it was a customer I knew. By dealing with them in a calm and professional manner and making sure they knew the process that had to be followed, I was able to help them through a very difficult time. – less

About Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide Building Society is the world’s largest building society, one the UK’s largest savings providers and a – Read more

Nationwide Building Society Photos