National Sports Employee Reviews

productive,loving working place invironment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 May 2017
management it well put together and hard working
learn different customer service skills
employees are very hard working and helpful
hardest part would be working in a new place and with new people
Fun environment to work at!
Sports Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
Could not have asked for a better job to have through school. Very accommodating and they were able to work around my schedule. Wage isn't the greatest, but I truly did enjoy coming to work everyday. They offer raises every year. Made a lot of friends working here, and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND for anybody looking for a part-time job.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, enjoyable, amazing management team
Cons
Relatively low initial wage.
Love National
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 April 2017
National Sports is a great place to work from the management to the customers. There is always a high level of intensity which always makes it enjoyable to work at.
Great employers and employee's, fun place to work!
Sports representative/cashier (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON9 March 2017
Great employers and employee's, fun place to work! Love working here, good hours and great atmosphere. They are very understanding of school or other jobs!
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 March 2017
When working here i loved it because im a sports guy, but one of the other workers was caught stealing and everyone was questioned for it.

My supervisor is now a manager there so that goes to show a lot.
Excellent place to work, positive energy from all staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 February 2017
Great place to work, positive energy from staff and management. I always enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Great managers
Work with nice people
Sales Associate/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 February 2017
Great staff and good discounts on sporting goods product. Sales occur weekly. Merchandise is displayed nicely and in an orderly fashion.
Pros
Discounts on apparel and sports goods
Cons
No room for advancement or career growth
average minimum wage retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2016
not much to say, typical average minimum wage 9-5 job. if you like sports and gear than its not so bad. nothing to write home about to be honest just a normal place to work
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
Worked here for 3 years as a cashier and retail associate towards the end. Management was flexible and accommodating with changes in employee availability as most of them are high school/post-secondary students. Salary is low (minimum wage, with potential for a small pay increase depending on performance evaluations). Experience in retail is a plus, but not necessary - they train you right from the start on product knowledge and store policies/procedures and you shadow an experienced employee for a few shifts.

No opportunities to advance into upper management or head office positions, even for employees who have worked 5+years with the company. Management style differs between stores (I worked at Scarborough), but all friendly and welcoming, cared about their workers and addressed their needs. Also liked to plan staff events to foster team work and friendships. Always open lines of communication between management staff and sales associates. Head office is also quite friendly and competent.

Job culture is great! You're surrounded by lots of young, friendly workers with various personalities and it's quite easy to get along with everyone. It's a cliche, but they welcome you all into their big family. Very little drama (if any!). Overall great place to work at if you're looking to gain retail experience/skills to make you employable for another job in the future.
Management terrible, but fun and chill environment
Head Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2016
Worked here for 5 years throughout the end of high school and through college. Management changes very often, and not always the best either. I stayed because I knew I was one of the strongest employees and knew I was valued... however the pay didnt show it. It was also a good job to have in the background. Was a very laidback environment (with fun co-workers) which was appreciated and was good with working around your schedule ( depending on the manager at least). Not always given the best hours, and was really hard to move up in positions. Discount isn't the best and don't get discounts at the other FGL stores i.e sport chek, atmosphere, marks...Unless you are a manager. Definitely not a forever job, but good to start off.
Pros
Laidback job, fun people
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, not appreciated much
Fun first time sales experience job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Good work place to build fundamentals of customer service and work place standards. Ability to learn all essential skills of interacting with various types of customers.
National sports
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON3 August 2016
I have done a good overall experienced in National sports and K&D Landscaping. The most enjoyable part of the job, was helping Co-workers, taking orders from my manager, cleaning and organizing of the store, helping customer's, positive attitude towards others and good communication skills. I have learned that I would be more Respectful towards other customer's and co-workers, help them out with anything they need, be a very pollinate.
Cons
4 to 5 hours a day Co-op student worked for 220 hours job is done no work to do.
Hard work but lots of fun
Assistant Manager, Shipping and recieving (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2016
Great place to work as a begginer into the work force, great manager who take their time in training their staff. Lots of incentives for employees. If you love sports you would love working here
Fast paced, hard working environment in saless
Department Store Manager- Hardgoods (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 April 2016
Great place to work and develop skills. Fun had while working hard, much to be taken away from here.

Co- workers were great, management was great.

Working with people was very enjoyable.
Great and friendly environment to work in
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 April 2016
Everyone there is welcoming, can be hard dealing with difficult customers but it can still be a very rewarding job. Co-workers are very friendly and it's very easy to become good friends with everyone.
very fun and social
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2016
I really enjoyed working at national sports although it was co operative education and I wasn't getting paid I was still able to learn how to work in a completely different work field and environment. c
Pros
being able to learn retail
Cons
short hours
Fun work environment
ASSISTANT STORE GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2016
Typically involves a lot of staff members that have been around for a very long time. Treat the people right and creates a fun working sports related environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2015
They provided me with great training and skills to further myself and my career path in life. They gave me skills to broaden my knowledge in various aspect in the workforce.
Laid back but Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2015
Fun workplace with a great team. Felt like it was all about making the sale. I learned to be helpful when it comes to customer service. The hardest part would be staying motivated. Being with co worker that want to grow as much as I was enjoyable.
Pros
short days
Cons
not enough hours
Great Friendly Team Atmosphere
Merchandising Assistant/ Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 September 2015
You feel like you're part of a sports team working for them.

They treat everyone like a best friend and really make sure they cater your specific wants and needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Sports. Our community is ready to answer.