National Sports Employee Reviews

Management terrible, but fun and chill environment
Head Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2016
Worked here for 5 years throughout the end of high school and through college. Management changes very often, and not always the best either. I stayed because I knew I was one of the strongest employees and knew I was valued... however the pay didnt show it. It was also a good job to have in the background. Was a very laidback environment (with fun co-workers) which was appreciated and was good with working around your schedule ( depending on the manager at least). Not always given the best hours, and was really hard to move up in positions. Discount isn't the best and don't get discounts at the other FGL stores i.e sport chek, atmosphere, marks...Unless you are a manager. Definitely not a forever job, but good to start off.
Pros
Laidback job, fun people
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, not appreciated much
Fun first time sales experience job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2016
Good work place to build fundamentals of customer service and work place standards. Ability to learn all essential skills of interacting with various types of customers.
National sports
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONAugust 3, 2016
I have done a good overall experienced in National sports and K&D Landscaping. The most enjoyable part of the job, was helping Co-workers, taking orders from my manager, cleaning and organizing of the store, helping customer's, positive attitude towards others and good communication skills. I have learned that I would be more Respectful towards other customer's and co-workers, help them out with anything they need, be a very pollinate.
Cons
4 to 5 hours a day Co-op student worked for 220 hours job is done no work to do.
Hard work but lots of fun
Assistant Manager, Shipping and recieving (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 26, 2016
Great place to work as a begginer into the work force, great manager who take their time in training their staff. Lots of incentives for employees. If you love sports you would love working here
Fast paced, hard working environment in saless
Department Store Manager- Hardgoods (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 27, 2016
Great place to work and develop skills. Fun had while working hard, much to be taken away from here.

Co- workers were great, management was great.

Working with people was very enjoyable.
Great and friendly environment to work in
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 23, 2016
Everyone there is welcoming, can be hard dealing with difficult customers but it can still be a very rewarding job. Co-workers are very friendly and it's very easy to become good friends with everyone.
very fun and social
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working at national sports although it was co operative education and I wasn't getting paid I was still able to learn how to work in a completely different work field and environment. c
Pros
being able to learn retail
Cons
short hours
Fun work environment
ASSISTANT STORE GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Typically involves a lot of staff members that have been around for a very long time. Treat the people right and creates a fun working sports related environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
They provided me with great training and skills to further myself and my career path in life. They gave me skills to broaden my knowledge in various aspect in the workforce.
Laid back but Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 12, 2015
Fun workplace with a great team. Felt like it was all about making the sale. I learned to be helpful when it comes to customer service. The hardest part would be staying motivated. Being with co worker that want to grow as much as I was enjoyable.
Pros
short days
Cons
not enough hours
Great Friendly Team Atmosphere
Merchandising Assistant/ Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 1, 2015
You feel like you're part of a sports team working for them.

They treat everyone like a best friend and really make sure they cater your specific wants and needs
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Worked as a cashier/customer service, overall good management. Co-workers are a lot of fun. The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy everyone.
Cons
Lack of hours. Too many cashiers
Everyone is so friendly
Sales Representative Coop Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ONJuly 23, 2015
They treat your first day like any other. your'e trained in everything you'll need on the job. Everything is neatly organized on the walls were the shoes are and hockey stuff is always in the right place.
salesperson
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 29, 2015
helped customers find their needs and sold products to customers. Organized shipments and put them away. Greeted customers upon arrival at National Sports
Good place to work. Some faults.
Sports Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 10, 2015
Enjoyable atmosphere. Learn new skills. Managers weren't very good. No room for growth in terms of advancing up through the company. Not very loyal to experienced workers.
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
Enjoyed helping people. Got to deal with sporting goods and talk to customers about sports. Big downside was cleaning up at the end of the day.
Productive, laid back, flexible
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 2, 2015
Work consisted mostly of checking out customers and maintaining the cleanliness of the area.
Processing returned and damages goods
Cleaning up hangers and security tags.
Cashing out and counting til.
Cleaning and organizing front display area
Pros
Family and friend discounts along with employee discounts
Cons
unpredictable hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  WhitbyMay 5, 2015
Wondeful atmosphere. Great staff and management. Very helpful and kind. I have learned a lot already in a short period of time.
Pros
great staff
Cons
minimum wage pay
Enjoyable, friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 15, 2015
I sold shoes and sports clothing. I enjoyed my co-workers, and management. Sometimes it was a little bit over whelming during big sales, but great place to work.
Pros
people
Cons
messy back
Productive and fun environment to work in
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, OntarioSeptember 7, 2014
A typical day at work is selling the stores product to customers, packing product away on shelves and cleaning the sales floor of product that has fallen down. The management is always great at working around you schedule. The hardest part about the job is sometimes there isn't enough staff and the store can get busy. The best part about the job is that for the most part the customers are always happy coming in.