National Sports Employee Reviews in Canada

Hard work but lots of fun
Assistant Manager, Shipping and recieving (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 26, 2016
Great place to work as a begginer into the work force, great manager who take their time in training their staff. Lots of incentives for employees. If you love sports you would love working here
Great and friendly environment to work in
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 23, 2016
Everyone there is welcoming, can be hard dealing with difficult customers but it can still be a very rewarding job. Co-workers are very friendly and it's very easy to become good friends with everyone.
very fun and social
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working at national sports although it was co operative education and I wasn't getting paid I was still able to learn how to work in a completely different work field and environment. c
Pros
being able to learn retail
Cons
short hours
Fun work environment
ASSISTANT STORE GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Typically involves a lot of staff members that have been around for a very long time. Treat the people right and creates a fun working sports related environment
Laid back but Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 12, 2015
Fun workplace with a great team. Felt like it was all about making the sale. I learned to be helpful when it comes to customer service. The hardest part would be staying motivated. Being with co worker that want to grow as much as I was enjoyable.
Pros
short days
Cons
not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
They provided me with great training and skills to further myself and my career path in life. They gave me skills to broaden my knowledge in various aspect in the workforce.
Great Friendly Team Atmosphere
Merchandising Assistant/ Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 1, 2015
You feel like you're part of a sports team working for them.

They treat everyone like a best friend and really make sure they cater your specific wants and needs
Productive, laid back, flexible
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 2, 2015
Work consisted mostly of checking out customers and maintaining the cleanliness of the area.
Processing returned and damages goods
Cleaning up hangers and security tags.
Cashing out and counting til.
Cleaning and organizing front display area
Pros
Family and friend discounts along with employee discounts
Cons
unpredictable hours
Everyone is so friendly
Sales Representative Coop Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ONJuly 23, 2015
They treat your first day like any other. your'e trained in everything you'll need on the job. Everything is neatly organized on the walls were the shoes are and hockey stuff is always in the right place.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Worked as a cashier/customer service, overall good management. Co-workers are a lot of fun. The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy everyone.
Cons
Lack of hours. Too many cashiers
Good place to work. Some faults.
Sports Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 10, 2015
Enjoyable atmosphere. Learn new skills. Managers weren't very good. No room for growth in terms of advancing up through the company. Not very loyal to experienced workers.
salesperson
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 29, 2015
helped customers find their needs and sold products to customers. Organized shipments and put them away. Greeted customers upon arrival at National Sports
Productive and fun environment to work in
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, OntarioSeptember 7, 2014
A typical day at work is selling the stores product to customers, packing product away on shelves and cleaning the sales floor of product that has fallen down. The management is always great at working around you schedule. The hardest part about the job is sometimes there isn't enough staff and the store can get busy. The best part about the job is that for the most part the customers are always happy coming in.
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
Enjoyed helping people. Got to deal with sporting goods and talk to customers about sports. Big downside was cleaning up at the end of the day.
Great Sports store for almost all your Athletic needs, Poorly managed though
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 29, 2012
Primary objective is customer service and I feel that for the most part that objective is met. The Store itself is very dirty and NOT well maintained by workers and management. Boxes are scattered everywhere throughout the backroom with very limited organization.
The co-workers were good and pretty easy to work with for the most part. The biggest reward personally is sending a customer home or off to the rink happy and satisfied with the experience at national sports and that we provided a easy and enjoyable buying process.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
filthy and poorly managed.
Fun and productive work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 16, 2013
I learned at my job how to multitask and customer relations. While trying to work efficiently and quick we also had to answer phones and potential questions that customers had. The hardest part of the job was the long shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment. The managers as well as co-workers made it a fun and interesting work experience which made coming into work very easy and exciting.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Was a good job, and good environment, but not what I was looking for in a job
Hockey advisor and sharpener (Former Employee) –  Oakville, OntarioMarch 19, 2013
I learned how to sharpen, and gained customer service skills that are valuable in other areas of my life.
A typical shift was 8 hours long, and was usually very busy because I sharpened. Skate line ups would sometimes reach 2 hours in length!
I loved the perks of working in the hockey section, learning about the cool specs of the equipment , and getting to demo the gear as well!
Pros
discounts on hockey gear and anything in the store
Cashier (Current Employee) –  WhitbyMay 5, 2015
Wondeful atmosphere. Great staff and management. Very helpful and kind. I have learned a lot already in a short period of time.
Pros
great staff
Cons
minimum wage pay
Fun workplace and good learning experience in sales
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Was responsible for selling hard goods to customers. Management was very poor but co-workers were very good. Hardest part was getting along with arrogant management. Learned how to deal with bad management and got valuable experience in sales.
Pros
good discounts on merchandise
Cons
very short hours
Enjoyable, friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 15, 2015
I sold shoes and sports clothing. I enjoyed my co-workers, and management. Sometimes it was a little bit over whelming during big sales, but great place to work.
Pros
people
Cons
messy back