National Research Council of Canada

National Research Council of Canada Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Challenging experience of scientific discovery
Technical Officer (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJune 26, 2013
Pros: flexible start times and family/work balance
Cons: career advancement is limited. professional development training or certification is not present.
Good interconnectedness between Supervisors and employess allows for scientific research goals to be met in a timely manner. Various experiments done throughout the day on multiple projects. Laboratory meetings done once every two weeks to highlight progress made on projects as well as to troubleshoot aspects of the experimental design.
Highly rewarding experience
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Ottawa ONApril 25, 2013
Highly rewarding and supportive. Excellent research environment.
Highly rewarding experience
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Ottawa ONApril 25, 2013
Highly rewarding and supportive. Excellent research environment.
Design Researcher
Graduate Research Intern (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 25, 2013
Manufacturing exposure with composites materials
Experimental investigation of drilling
This was my Dream job, but with family and all out west this was a different calling. I will surely miss this occupation with NRC.
Instrumentation Research Technologist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 11, 2012
- 7.5 hr workday with flex shift schedule.
- I learned an immense amount about aerospace research, design & instrumentation.
- The management is definitely in line with a research institute, with Program Managers willing to work with you on their projects. This was a definite plus for me.
- Co-workers were from various areas of instrumentation, mechanics, – more... avionics & engineers.
- The hardest part of the job was the last minute changes as well as delays to client work projects.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was never a day that was the same. – less
I enjoyed very much to work for National Research Council of Canada
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), 1200 Montreal Road m55, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A OR6July 24, 2012
Pros: i always brought my lunch with me.
Cons: i was working 37.50 per weeks, and work 8:00-4:00
I enjoyed every day, because we were a good team player all together. I always worked with a fast-paced environment. What I learned is to get along with co-worker, it is very important to get along with everybody. The hardest part of the job was some days was so busy, we almost could 't take some breaks.The most that I enjoyed was dealing with clients – more... on the phone. – less
Flexible working hours which balances work-life relation very easily
Quality Management Trainee (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 12, 2012
Pros: flexibility in working condition
Cons: no free coffee or food provided.
I never experienced this type of working culture back home in India as here I have experienced a lot flexibility in working manner and hours which makes balancing work-life relation very easy.
Byworking with government of canada i have learned alot which I couldn't learn from my education from algonquin college and university of pune, india.
I always – more... enjoy working in team as well as on individual part both as it helps in expanding knowledge and gives you the ability to know how much potential you have. – less