National Research Corporation Employee Reviews

A perfect job for a grammar lover
Quality Control Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE23 February 2017
There were 5 of us on the quality control panel, and we would each get a letter or survey to critique for grammar, wording and punctuation mistakes and pass it along to the next person until all of us had reviewed all of the material given.

I learned to have an eagle eye not only for grammar but for aesthetic symmetry (i.e. do the survey bubbles all look alike? Are there any mistakes/incongruencies in the font?).

The hardest part of the job was to tell the programmers that something needed to be altered that we knew would take a lot of their time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to do what I love. I love linguistics, grammar, and the English language as a whole. I was perfectly at home in this environment.
Pros
Good, quiet work environment, which was what I needed in order to concentrate
Cons
Pay
Fine for college students
VPS Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE4 October 2016
This company is okay. It's a very "corporate" atmosphere. The pay is low, although the company itself makes millions. You do not see the management unless it's during insurance open enrollment, or if they are firing someone or in your department to "discipline" someone. They frown upon talking to coworkers unless it's on break. The only things I enjoyed are that they pay employee parking and they offer free beer on Fridays.
Pros
Paid parking, free beer
Cons
Low pay, micromanagement
Great for Prom Kings and Cheerleaders
Operations associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE5 October 2014
The only people who fit in at NRC are the popular kids, all grown up. Turnover in all levels is large, and management has no authority to do anything useful. They expect a lot from you with only mediocre compensation. There is always a lot of drama happening, especially among managers and supervisors.
Pros
Location, flexible schedule
Cons
"Mean Girls" environment, no job security, mediocre pay
No talking? Really?
Mailroom Clerk, Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE20 June 2014
For myself at least, this type of office environment, especially as a very low subordinate had to be the most unproductive, kindergarten, & depressing environment that offered no education or opportunity of any kind. I did not enjoy a single aspect of the job.
It was okay just not for long term
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE17 June 2013
Just did that same things over and over again. Nothing great or bad.
Pros
Laid back, beer on Friday
Cons
Don't want to really promote every one
Fun co-workers, MICRO MANAGERS
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE30 March 2013
One of the best atmospheres to work, but the managers do not let you breathe. If you do not mind a ton of meetings that really accomplish nothing and managers who are constantly on you, then this is the place to work.
Fun Outgoing Work Place
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Nebraska15 August 2012
Relaxed atmosphere with great colleagues. A typical work day would consist of prospecting potential clients. Researching current market trends and what is coming down the pipeline. E-mailing contacts, sending out letters of agreements, contracts, and maintaining relationships. Great place to work, with many career paths. Not micromanaged but always had support of managers. Learned a lot about the medical field and where it is going.
Pros
ability to be your own boss, and create your own opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Research Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9