National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and deadline driven which I enjoy
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: turnover
Print tickets to send to the warehouse to be pulled and packed.
Receive tickets back in office, to confirm and print shipping documents.
Work with Sales team on prioritizing orders for shipment.
Communicate issues via emial to freight forwarders and internal customers.
Ensure orders meet promised delivery date.
Not a day in the part but enough to keep you going.
Team Lead/Assembly Mechanic in Mud Pump Derartment (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: if we met the quarter we were rewarded someimes and during the holidays the held functions for us.
Cons: there were 3 breaks. two 15 minute brreaks and oun 30 min break for lunch.
A typical day at work when I first started a NOV was full of work from the time you stepped in the door til the time you clocked out. I went into the company as a temp to hire with no experience whatsoever, but learned quickly.

As too management that to started out well and went well until changes within the ranks took place. My co-workers were all – more... good to me and just about everyone else I came to know there.

For me there wasn't a hardest part of the job. Everyday was a new day to learn something else. And the best part of the job was when the Product was completed and ready to be shipped to the customer. – less
my job benifits
Electrical Service Engineer (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 25, 2014
Actually as an electrical engineer I did not got much benefits, but as an electrical engineer I could benefit my work a lot using my engineering skills.
Well established company with great benefits.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: lots of off the job activities and community involvement.
Excellent place to work. Great co-workers everyone will help in most situations. Always opportunity for advancement. Company sponsored training and support.
the work is easy
welder (Current Employee), houston txJanuary 17, 2014
i love welding but the pay is not good many of the guys are nice but there is lots of politics and back stabbing going on
Review
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJanuary 15, 2014
Excellent company to work for! Worked 9 years as an administrative clerk. Enjoy computer and clerical work.
graet job
Outside sales Representive (Former Employee), Western coloradoJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: fun
its a 10 when it comes to jobs in western Colorado. It has company trucks and a gas card along with a t and e card also.
Its like the wild west!!
Mechanical assembly (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: 25 cent cokes
Cons: 30 min lunches, no breaks, bad culture
To be fair not all of NOV is bad. some departments of NOV just have a leadership problem. It might be a decent place to work if you were not bullied into working 7 days a week by your supervisors with losing your job for not working 12 hrs a day everyday, unrealistic schedules, poor planing and organization, the lack of leadership and positive motivation – more... is dreadful. You could "easily be replaced" is the culture around there. Job comes first and your health, family, personal life and education come last, as it was so coldly put during a one on one with a senior supervisor. That's the motivation you get there. Be happy you have a job. now get to work! – less
Global industry leader.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee), National Oilwell VarcoJanuary 8, 2014
Fast paced and production driven. Great place for someone just starting out in their career or a seasoned industry professional.
fun workplace
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: half days before holidays
I loved everything about this company from people to the work .
Behind the scenes...
Internal monitoring and optimization (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free coffee, water bottles
Cons: in house cafeteria is too expensive
Work starts promptly at 6 a.m everyday and ends at 6 pm, days can be anything from boring and uneventful to pedal to the metal. It all depends on what decides to go wong. very comfortable atmosphere over all. Everyone tends to be in a great mood, staying possitive is a big thing.
great culture for an industrial setting
Assembly Technician BOP Assembly (Former Employee), Houston TXJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: low stress environment
Cons: short lunch, but breaks were allowed
Everyone was very supportive of each other which fostered a great work environment on many fronts. It was very safe because if you didn't know how to do something, it was fine to ask someone and you wouldn't get ridiculed for not knowing.
Education was revered and appreciated here by everyone from laborers and assemblymen to foremen and engineers. Everyone – more... seemed to be trying to further their education. The possibility to move laterally as well as horizontally within the company seemed possible and was openly discussed. – less
Worldwide Company with a huge grown Opportunities
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: monthly team leaders lunch
Cons: hour lunches.
Profesional environment around serious and hard workers.
Learning Experience
Level I Inspector (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 28, 2013
Pros: challenges
Cons: slow prosperity
• Responsible for conducting down-hole tubular inspections using various technologies
• Calibration of portable hardness testers and ultrasonic instruments
• Skilled to detect and evaluate discontinuities in welds using radiographic interpretations
• Complete and submit field documentations and other duties requested by direct supervisor
Good envirenment Good working relationships
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Williston BasinDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: pay
It's a great envirenment and a great place to work.
Typical work day starts at 8 am and ends when all sales calls are complete.
managment is best I ever had.
My coworkers are awsome. I don't see them that much but we have great interaction.
There really isn't any hard parts it's great.
I love interacting with my customers and coworkers.
NOV - Cedar Park: A great facility with excellent Leadership.
Manufacturing Planner (Current Employee), Cedar Park, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: excellent environment for growth
Cons: some open requisitions are filled before interviews are conducted.
I am currently employed at NOV / Cedar Park as a manufacturing planner. I thoroughly enjoy working at this facility and have learned alot from the leadership team that is currently in place there.
site inspection
Painting inspector (Former Employee), xi an city shanxi provinceDecember 26, 2013
in charge of whole precess painting inspection,
from blasting to final inspection
Worst work enviroment in 20 years...
Valve Automation Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 22, 2013
Pros: great insureance
Cons: unprofessional supervisor, no raises, long temp service.
My advice to anyone working as a temp, if they don't hire you after 90 days quit... My supervisor was incredibly unprofessional. She would cuss and yell at employees. Talk about getting drunk and having inappropriate relationships with coworkers and customers in production meetings. Drive the company truck drunk. To make things worse for me on the shop – more... floor, I had to work with a complete idiot with no shop or overhead crane experience. He almost got us both hurt several times. Of course they showed him favoritism because he brown nosed them... The company I work for now has many former NOV employees and not one has anything good to say... – less
very stressful and disorganized
Electrical/Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 18, 2013
Cons: 2 members of my night crew were always so high on pills it made the job area dangerous
working nights was the worst. The day shift would blame the night shift and vice versa for problems and management would do nothing to bring the two groups together. The older employees would not help out the new guys if we had any questions for fear of losing their positions.
Dissatisfied with such a big company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), HoustonDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no pay raises, lots of favoritism, horrible hr, horrible upper management
Good company to work for but has the worst HR and worst management. Way too much favoritism. Only way to move up is by who you know or what you'll do to move up. HR will completely lie and coverup things just to backup upper management even if they know they are in the wrong so never fight upper management because you will not win. Very unfair company. – more... Theyll let management treat you horribly, discriminate, belittle and humiliate you and still defend management. Going to HR is completely pointless. – less

About National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco is the tool man that provides goods and services to exploration and production companies operating in oil – Read more

National Oilwell Varco Photos