National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NOV Enerflow
Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Manager (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: very specialized company for the oilfield business so demand is high
Cons: to far away
NOV Enerflow is good company with a great crew. The Operational manager is one of the most exceptional mentors anyone could hope to have in a boss. The supervisors are willing to take care of their employees and are quick to implement new safety regulations and able to adjust to the every day changing world.
Great for someone who is willing to relocate in order to promote.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Searcy, ARFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: nights and weekends off
Cons: lack of opportunity / no promotions for home bodies
A normal day at the office includes completing a daily cycle count on our inventory, processing purchase orders, and completing invoices. When there are no orders to be taken, I spend that free time cleaning and organizing around the office and warehouse. I have learned that the customer is priority number 1. I will always do what is best for the customer – more... as long as it does not violate ANY company policies. My manager has always been slow to speak to insure that the wisest answer is given. The manager also gives every employee an opportunity to ask questions, seek answers, and find solutions to everyday problems. I work with a great team! Everyone I work with has a family like relationship with one another. We get along 99% of the time and we have always got each others backs. Sometimes I feel like we are so close that certain rules or mistakes are looked over because nobody wants to address the problem in fear of creating quarrels. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is keeping myself motivated. I am use to a busy atmosphere and maintaining a full throttle state of mind. Here lately, things have been so slow that it is hard to stay busy all 8 hours of the day. I must say, I enjoy the weekends off and working a steady Mon - Fri 8-4 shift. That allows me to give my family the time they deserve and it also allows me to get a good break from the stress I sometimes deal with at work. The reason why I am looking around for different job opportunities is strictly because of my pay rate. I have been in the inside sales position for almost three years and there has been no openings or talks of openings for promotion, I finally feel like I am at the top of my skill level and would like to learn what else is out there. I want to be out of the office and spending more time with the customers at there place of work. I also feel like I am not getting paid a fair amount. I have seen my salary decrease every year for the last three years. – less
Productive and deadline driven which I enjoy
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: turnover
Print tickets to send to the warehouse to be pulled and packed.
Receive tickets back in office, to confirm and print shipping documents.
Work with Sales team on prioritizing orders for shipment.
Communicate issues via emial to freight forwarders and internal customers.
Ensure orders meet promised delivery date.
Not a day in the part but enough to keep you going.
Team Lead/Assembly Mechanic in Mud Pump Derartment (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: if we met the quarter we were rewarded someimes and during the holidays the held functions for us.
Cons: there were 3 breaks. two 15 minute brreaks and oun 30 min break for lunch.
A typical day at work when I first started a NOV was full of work from the time you stepped in the door til the time you clocked out. I went into the company as a temp to hire with no experience whatsoever, but learned quickly.

As too management that to started out well and went well until changes within the ranks took place. My co-workers were all – more... good to me and just about everyone else I came to know there.

For me there wasn't a hardest part of the job. Everyday was a new day to learn something else. And the best part of the job was when the Product was completed and ready to be shipped to the customer. – less
my job benifits
Electrical Service Engineer (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 25, 2014
Actually as an electrical engineer I did not got much benefits, but as an electrical engineer I could benefit my work a lot using my engineering skills.
Well established company with great benefits.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: lots of off the job activities and community involvement.
Excellent place to work. Great co-workers everyone will help in most situations. Always opportunity for advancement. Company sponsored training and support.
the work is easy
welder (Current Employee), houston txJanuary 17, 2014
i love welding but the pay is not good many of the guys are nice but there is lots of politics and back stabbing going on
Review
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJanuary 15, 2014
Excellent company to work for! Worked 9 years as an administrative clerk. Enjoy computer and clerical work.
graet job
Outside sales Representive (Former Employee), Western coloradoJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: fun
its a 10 when it comes to jobs in western Colorado. It has company trucks and a gas card along with a t and e card also.
Its like the wild west!!
Mechanical assembly (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: 25 cent cokes
Cons: 30 min lunches, no breaks, bad culture
To be fair not all of NOV is bad. some departments of NOV just have a leadership problem. It might be a decent place to work if you were not bullied into working 7 days a week by your supervisors with losing your job for not working 12 hrs a day everyday, unrealistic schedules, poor planing and organization, the lack of leadership and positive motivation – more... is dreadful. You could "easily be replaced" is the culture around there. Job comes first and your health, family, personal life and education come last, as it was so coldly put during a one on one with a senior supervisor. That's the motivation you get there. Be happy you have a job. now get to work! – less
Global industry leader.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee), National Oilwell VarcoJanuary 8, 2014
Fast paced and production driven. Great place for someone just starting out in their career or a seasoned industry professional.
fun workplace
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: half days before holidays
I loved everything about this company from people to the work .
Behind the scenes...
Internal monitoring and optimization (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free coffee, water bottles
Cons: in house cafeteria is too expensive
Work starts promptly at 6 a.m everyday and ends at 6 pm, days can be anything from boring and uneventful to pedal to the metal. It all depends on what decides to go wong. very comfortable atmosphere over all. Everyone tends to be in a great mood, staying possitive is a big thing.
great culture for an industrial setting
Assembly Technician BOP Assembly (Former Employee), Houston TXJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: low stress environment
Cons: short lunch, but breaks were allowed
Everyone was very supportive of each other which fostered a great work environment on many fronts. It was very safe because if you didn't know how to do something, it was fine to ask someone and you wouldn't get ridiculed for not knowing.
Education was revered and appreciated here by everyone from laborers and assemblymen to foremen and engineers. Everyone – more... seemed to be trying to further their education. The possibility to move laterally as well as horizontally within the company seemed possible and was openly discussed. – less
Worldwide Company with a huge grown Opportunities
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: monthly team leaders lunch
Cons: hour lunches.
Profesional environment around serious and hard workers.
Learning Experience
Level I Inspector (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 28, 2013
Pros: challenges
Cons: slow prosperity
• Responsible for conducting down-hole tubular inspections using various technologies
• Calibration of portable hardness testers and ultrasonic instruments
• Skilled to detect and evaluate discontinuities in welds using radiographic interpretations
• Complete and submit field documentations and other duties requested by direct supervisor
Good envirenment Good working relationships
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Williston BasinDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: pay
It's a great envirenment and a great place to work.
Typical work day starts at 8 am and ends when all sales calls are complete.
managment is best I ever had.
My coworkers are awsome. I don't see them that much but we have great interaction.
There really isn't any hard parts it's great.
I love interacting with my customers and coworkers.
NOV - Cedar Park: A great facility with excellent Leadership.
Manufacturing Planner (Current Employee), Cedar Park, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: excellent environment for growth
Cons: some open requisitions are filled before interviews are conducted.
I am currently employed at NOV / Cedar Park as a manufacturing planner. I thoroughly enjoy working at this facility and have learned alot from the leadership team that is currently in place there.
site inspection
Painting inspector (Former Employee), xi an city shanxi provinceDecember 26, 2013
in charge of whole precess painting inspection,
from blasting to final inspection
Worst work enviroment in 20 years...
Valve Automation Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 22, 2013
Pros: great insureance
Cons: unprofessional supervisor, no raises, long temp service.
My advice to anyone working as a temp, if they don't hire you after 90 days quit... My supervisor was incredibly unprofessional. She would cuss and yell at employees. Talk about getting drunk and having inappropriate relationships with coworkers and customers in production meetings. Drive the company truck drunk. To make things worse for me on the shop – more... floor, I had to work with a complete idiot with no shop or overhead crane experience. He almost got us both hurt several times. Of course they showed him favoritism because he brown nosed them... The company I work for now has many former NOV employees and not one has anything good to say... – less

About National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco is the tool man that provides goods and services to exploration and production companies operating in oil – Read more

National Oilwell Varco Photos