National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very nice place to work
Drill Bit Proposal Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 16, 2014
The people were nice and there was room for advancement from within.
good work colleagues but bad senior management
Mechanical Technician/Fitter (Former Employee), Gateshead, ENGSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: workforce
Cons: management
not bad conditions and good workforce but let down by senior management who's philosophy was DO AS I SAY and take the blame
Nation Oilwell Varco
(Contract) - Accounts Receivable/ Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2014
My last job I enjoyed the environment that I work in and I really learned a lot from my supervisor
A Waste of life
mechanical assembly (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: everything else
I have to to say there are truly some great people who work here,and then there is everyone else.I've never seen such discusting work environment. You have people that sit and start rumours,and lies,and thier weak management keeps them Around although they know it's going to create issues.News flash,hire someone that knows that job,or actually train – more... then,something NOV is know known for(not training)and rid your self of these disturbing individuals who go Around claiming GOD is protecting them and spit out words of hate about everyone including the very people she works with,and this manager does nothing.The HR department is a joke, they lie act like they want the best for you,but all they want is info so that you can burn your bridge so that you can get the classic no rehirable speech for your new employer. When I finally walked out that door and got home and washed the filth that place produces off of me I felt At peace,I felt great,I felt awesome.
Whoever wrote the horrendous management hit the nail on the head,they are made up of complete liars,jerks,no moral backpack bone and the plant manger thinks it's ok to have his boat winterized by staff on the clock.I was there for 7years,the last 3 I hated it everyday and got out,did better and now I'm happy.NOV cedar park is filed with idiots who belittle employees,I've even heard management call a certain employee ghetto trash,then try to preach gung ho.Do yourself a favor,and avoid this toilet at all cost.lots of floaters in here,lots of backwoods 1958 thinking,and if your a woman or a person of any color,you can forget it. This is the sickest place I've seen hands down. – less
National Oilwell Varco Work Day
Accounts Payable/iExpense Auditor (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: 25 cent sodas
Cons: repetitive work load
Typical work is about 8 hours. Auditors get two 20min break times and a 30 min lunch break. Auditors do not really move around from their cube unless they are getting up for a restroom or the breaks listed above. The work of a auditor is repetitive and can often have bad days pop up from angry customs/ preparers of these expense reports.
company is very good, but i am looking for a good oppurtunity
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZAugust 31, 2014
i am doing there oil based maintenance work , from there i learned more about oil based equipments.so i am looking for good package.
Operation
Solid Control Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
Worked as a great team player, ability to troubleshoot equipments and expose to better drilling techniques in oil and gas industry . The hardest part of the job is the weather condition, you work during any kind of weather . No enjoyable moment
safety meeting every morning ,gives all of us time to get focused on our work .
Calibration Technician (Current Employee), Pampa, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good benefit pkg
Cons: short breaks and half an hour lunch
im a very busy man ,i cover several positions through out the day ,ive learned to go with the flow ,our manager is new ,not sure about him yet,co workers are great,paperwork is the hardest part of my position ,and just always being on schedule is the most rewarding part of my job .
Fun workplace
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (Current Employee), SingaporeAugust 26, 2014
Great company to work with. Great colleagues. Ample training provided. Brings out your best.
Horrendous Managment, Hostile Work Environment
Several (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: benefits are decent
Cons: management, insane amount of time spent at work, no oppportunity for advancement unless you are "in good" with the right people
The management at Cedar Park NOV needs to heed their own advice. They have an initiative called "Gung Ho" and the staff is everything but. Management lies to you constantly. HR will lie to you and push things under the rug. Upper management goes out on the manufacturing floor and tells secrets to "special" employees and gets rumors going. They allow – more... hostile employees to remain there and cause problems for entire departments with virtually no disciplinary actions. You will be more likely to get somewhere if you are friends with the right people, or related to them, otherwise you are probably not going to get far. They expect you to do your job and any other job that isn't getting done with no thanks or appreciation. They keep simple minded people in positions of power so that they can be controlled. Management only cares about making the metrics look good. Maybe they should give actually changing things and correcting the problems a shot. If they did the wouldn't have to "make" the metrics look good, they would on their own. If you enjoy working yourself into an early grave for a company that cares nothing about any of it's employees I highly advise you to go to work for NOV in Cedar Park. You can be a part of the biggest farce I have ever seen in my professional experiences. Some of the Focus Factory Managers don't even know how to use Excel effectively, but they are the big bosses. Those managers in particular keep their jobs because they have the right friends. Such a shame for a company with such potential to be hindered by their own blindness to the management problems. (Or is it simply unwillingness) They could make so much more money and have less turn over, but they just can't get rid of the bad apples. – less
A good career learning experience.
Auditor (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 25, 2014
This job taught me how to be organized, problem solve and work with in a team. Daily job duties included verifying expense reports in accordance to IRS policy and communication with employee's. The most enjoyable part of the job was the skills and tools that i learned.
Good working environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 21, 2014
Great culture and good benefit
Lot's of opportunity for training
Work schedule not to flexible
BOP Assembler/Tester (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
would stay working nights. management just worried more about product than personal
A lot of opportunities for career growth
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston TxAugust 20, 2014
Pros: career growth
Cons: long hours
Diverse group of people. Training opportunities are always encouraged, it all depends on what career path you want to pursue. It is safe place wo work in.
fun enviornment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
able to advance quick and travel,able to learn about chemicals,most enjoyable part is traveling
Busy and Active workplace
Sales & Service Manager (Current Employee), Williston, NDAugust 18, 2014
Oilfield work is busy and sometimes a stressful job. There are day to day issues - for the person looking for the challenge this is it. Fast paced, you need to be organized and on top of your game.
Productive workplace
Inside Sales/HSE Representative (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: poor pay
A typical day at work consisted of conducting daily inventory cycle counts, pulling customer orders, loading/unloading freight, and building centrifugal pumps.
FunvWorkplace
Inventory & Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), JurongAugust 14, 2014
• Supervise the activities of 4 Warehouse Assistant and 1 Admin Assistant in receiving, put away, picking, packing & shipping.
• Prepare shipping document packing list & commercial invoice for outbound shipment.
• Coordinated personnel requirements for daily cycle count.
• Maintained accurate stock availability to meet sale demand.
• Ensure product – more... is shipped per customer requirements.
• Develop and execute daily operational meeting.
• Manage housekeeping and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
• Implement warehouse safety procedures
• Updating the daily transaction in JD Edward. – less
Great company and management
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Roosevelt, UTAugust 14, 2014
Outside sales rep visiting and selling automotive and oilfield supplies and equipment.
Stable, Almost Government Like
Product Line Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: really flexible
Cons: not many
Very stable company. Almost no risk of loosing your job. Development tends to be very slow for new product design. This slow development process has merit due to the tremendous risk associated with a rig down or rig safety environment.

About National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service providers to the oil and gas industry. – Read more

National Oilwell Varco Photos